Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:43:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?  (Read 24795 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »

I don't think Axl will re-record Buckethead's parts.. I think Buckethead's playing style is too unique. Although him and Axl aren't on the best of terms right now, I'd assume Axl would have the respect enough of Bucket's talent and leave his work on the album.

The reason Buckethead doesn't mention Gnr on his website is because him and Axl Rose are "bitter enemies" at this point in time, and that is coming from someone in the Buckethead camp....
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »

I don't think Axl will re-record Buckethead's parts.. I think Buckethead's playing style is too unique. Although him and Axl aren't on the best of terms right now, I'd assume Axl would have the respect enough of Bucket's talent and leave his work on the album.

The reason Buckethead doesn't mention Gnr on his website is because him and Axl Rose are "bitter enemies" at this point in time, and that is coming from someone in the Buckethead camp....

I thought Axl still likes BH but was pissed that he just up and quit. Also if BH wrote a lot of the guitar parts for the album, I dont see what the point of rerecording his parts would do since he still gets royalties for writing the song.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2006, 03:20:16 PM »

I thought Axl still likes BH but was pissed that he just up and quit. Also if BH wrote a lot of the guitar parts for the album, I dont see what the point of rerecording his parts would do since he still gets royalties for writing the song.

I believe the guy I talked too, I talked to him for about 15 minutes about Bh after the show in Detroit and bought the guy a couple drinks. I tried my best at prying C.D info, C.D tracks, and anything else gnr related from him. His quoute was that "Axl and Buckethead are bitter enemies, they only talk through attornys."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

I believe the guy I talked too, I talked to him for about 15 minutes about Bh after the show in Detroit and bought the guy a couple drinks. I tried my best at prying C.D info, C.D tracks, and anything else gnr related from him. His quoute was that "Axl and Buckethead are bitter enemies, they only talk through attornys."

Oh I dont doubt that, but when I say Axl still likes BH, I wonder if BH wanted to come back if Axl would take him back. Because it seems that Tommy and Robin both hate the guy with  a passion.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2006, 03:25:56 PM »

People like to act like losing Buckethead wasn't a big deal... well, it was. I would really like to know the full story on how Bucket's relationship with the band broke down.... I'd love to see him come back. But, now I think that's next to impossible, the guy I was talking to from the BH camp had no reason to lie about it. All he kept talking about was Axl's scheduling demands, and how Axl wanted everything to be perfect, and how he'd make Bucket do like 3 solos for the same part of one song, stuff along the perfectionist lines... then maybe BH wouldn't show for recording sessions to piss off Axl... who knows what really happened.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2006, 03:28:38 PM »

People like to act like losing Buckethead wasn't a big deal... well, it was. I would really like to know the full story on how Bucket's relationship with the band broke down.... I'd love to see him come back. But, now I think that's next to impossible, the guy I was talking to from the BH camp had no reason to lie about it. All he kept talking about was Axl's scheduling demands, and how Axl wanted everything to be perfect, and how he'd make Bucket do like 3 solos for the same part of one song, stuff along the perfectionist lines... then maybe BH wouldn't show for recording sessions to piss off Axl... who knows what really happened.

Buckethead likes to record like 8 albums a year, I can see how it would  get bored and pissed off with how long it has taken Axl to put out this album. Thats the main reason why I think BH left, because BH joined in 1999 and it was 2002 and still no album, in that time BH must  have put out atleasts 15 solo albums.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2006, 03:31:58 PM »

Buckethead likes to record like 8 albums a year, I can see how it would  get bored and pissed off with how long it has taken Axl to put out this album. Thats the main reason why I think BH left, because BH joined in 1999 and it was 2002 and still no album, in that time BH must  have put out atleasts 15 solo albums.

I'll openly admit that I love Buckethead.. but I am sad to say that I don't think he was ever fully committed to Gnr, I think the biggest thing behind him joining the band was for him to show he played with a Mega-band and to get more exposure. I think when he was paid to work with Axl, he probably did some awesome guitar work... but I don't think his heart was ever really into guns, if it was.. SOMETHING had to happen that made it grow cold, I wish we'd get more of the story but neither Axl or Buckethead really likes to talk.. ha ha.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2006, 03:35:24 PM »

Buckethead likes to record like 8 albums a year, I can see how it would? get bored and pissed off with how long it has taken Axl to put out this album. Thats the main reason why I think BH left, because BH joined in 1999 and it was 2002 and still no album, in that time BH must? have put out atleasts 15 solo albums.

I'll openly admit that I love Buckethead.. but I am sad to say that I don't think he was ever fully committed to Gnr, I think the biggest thing behind him joining the band was for him to show he played with a Mega-band and to get more exposure. I think when he was paid to work with Axl, he probably did some awesome guitar work... but I don't think his heart was ever really into guns, if it was.. SOMETHING had to happen that made it grow cold, I wish we'd get more of the story but neither Axl or Buckethead really likes to talk.. ha ha.

I think BH did it for the exposure and getting a better record deal. I think he was only it for the the three album thing. If you think about it, if they really dropped the first album in 2001, BH would have been out of gnr by now anyways. Because the albums would have dropped in 2001, 2003 and 2005 or something like that.

BH gets bored easily. He was only in primus for a short time, he did his thing with praxis got bored, he did his gnr gig and got bored. I think he likes doing his solo stuff the best.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2006, 03:39:37 PM »

I think BH did it for the exposure and getting a better record deal. I think he was only it for the the three album thing. If you think about it, if they really dropped the first album in 2001, BH would have been out of gnr by now anyways. Because the albums would have dropped in 2001, 2003 and 2005 or something like that.

BH gets bored easily. He was only in primus for a short time, he did his thing with praxis got bored, he did his gnr gig and got bored. I think he likes doing his solo stuff the best.

Buckethead is a strange dude... no argument there. He was never in Primus.. he just did a few side projects with Les Claypool and toured with him. I'm hoping Buckethead got pissed because his guitar work was so good, that he couldn't understand the reason for the delays.. and left. ok

It will be a damn shame if we don't get to hear his parts, after seeing him live for the first time since 2002, I seen him 2x before that with Primus, I was once again awe struck at his performance.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2006, 08:48:42 PM »

he sure is a phenomanal talent

I really want his parts to stay, the only other option as far as Im concerned (and the one that would validate CD as Guns to most of the world) is for Slash to contribute the lead parts.

If that cant happen, its got to be BH

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2006, 11:12:08 PM »

whitesnake recorded their 1987 album with john sykes on guitar, but he and coverdale parted ways before it was released.

so when the videos and touring began i think it was adrian vanderberg and later steve vai who played the parts.

sykes was credited in the the liner notes with song writing and guitar playing on the rcord.

there's no reason why this can't happen again, although if axl wants a replacement i hope he has done so already........

It was Vanderberg & Vivian Campbell who were the touring guitarist for that tour.? Steve Vai was the guitarist on the following album, Slip of the Tongue", & subsequent tour.? ?Vandenberg was supposed to record one of those albums, I forget which one, but he was injured, & couldn't play.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2006, 01:13:37 AM »

Man now he is out of Guns i miss Buckethead ..... its so fucking strange .

The Guy makes GNR tourn in a Circle ......it was a shame in the first place , i remenber Rock IN RIO 3 i was a couple of bear drunk and was so fucking strange cooll and funny when he beggins to do his Solo part at the show , that strange figure wif that fucking mask and a KFC in the head it was a great felling that i remenber today wif a smile im my face .

Bucket is a strange guy but the motherfucker cam play !
Just listened Nottingham_Lace its amazing is all felling in that song .

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
elmir
VIP

« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2006, 03:33:14 AM »

i found this on another message board...posted by a gnr fan..

in feb. i met buckethead at tower records in hollywood, he did a free show & a signing. anyway after the whole thing i had a chance to talk to him.  ( no, he didnt talk through the puppet, but he was still wearing his mask & bucket). anyway i asked him why he wasnt in gnr anymore & he sayed " your guess is as good as mine". 

i then asked him "i thought you left"? he said "no".

i then asked him about what axl said, he said " he didnt know why he said those things, they were very hurtful", the replied " i didnt want to leave the band".

i asked him if the album was done yet. he said " we recorded a ton of music, but he rarely saw axl there, so he doesnt know how much vocals were down".  he seemed very confused about the whole gnr thing. i felt kinda bad, but i asked him to sign my chinese democracy shirt & he gladly signed it. he was so nice to me & my son. it was my sons b-day, so bucket drew a pic of himself holding a b-day cake & wrote have a happy un birthday, buckethead... i was going to post my experience on another board, but everybody there just attacks everybody & wants to see proof. but this board is very cool, so i hope i didnt bore you guys.  it's a shame he's not in gnr anymore!!!!!!!!

i would really love to know why he left...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2006, 07:12:21 AM »

I would really like to know the full story on how Bucket's relationship with the band broke down....

seems like there hasnt been much of a relationship in this band for anyone since MSG 2002. Dizzy said what I long suspected recently - they havent been in the same room as a band since that gig. How can a relationship with a band break down as you say?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2006, 08:07:43 AM »

The very easy answer to this question is:

1) The list is not comprehensive (Les Claypool is not listed, either)

and

2) The webmaster got very tired of fielding GnR questions and has, more or less, expunged all reference to GnR and pretty much kills all discussion of the subject on the Message Board (or did...haven't been back in awhile).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2006, 10:56:20 AM »

Buckethead just doesn't want to be associated with GN'R

Just because he thinks the album will probably never come out.

Bet ya $50 he goes crawling back when CD comes out and the U.S. tour begins.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2006, 11:01:55 AM »

He will not be there for the European tour, I don't see why he would be there for the US tour (if there's one).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 11:08:41 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »

There better not be a U.S tour until after CD comes out.  And it is after the drop of CD I'm saying he will go crawling back.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2006, 12:26:07 PM »

Hmm... well I hope that info from a fan is more correct than the info I got from a Buckethead sound tech, but I don't see why the sound tech would lie to me about Bucket+Axl's relationship.. he could have easily just said "I don't know if they talk anymore", but he was very quick to state that "Buckethead+Axl are bitter enemies and only speak through attornys."

For our sake and gnr's sake I hope Buckethead eventually comes back, but as I said I think that's going to be next to impossible.
EFISH
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2006, 02:39:14 AM »

So, I was talking about this with some people today, and decided to make a thread about it.....

How much, if any of Buckethead's contributions do you think will be included on Chinese Democracy..... and will he get royalties?

I think that we will hear some of his stuff on CD, but deffinetly not as much as they planned earlier. I have a feeling that Ron has recorded alot of the fills and stuff that Buckethead did. I think he will deffinetly still appear on T.W.A.T for his obviously awesome stuff he did for it, and maybe his fills in Better will stay because it sounds pretty good. I think Richard might have re-recorded his Madagascar solo which would be unfortanate because that's one of the highlights of the things I've heard Buckethead do for Guns. Overall, I think we will hear much less from Buckethead on the record then most people expect to hear, and I think that's good. I hope Robin, Richard, and Ron all get acknowledged for the sure to be great work that will be on Chinese Democracy, and hopefully they'll do interviews and stuff besides just Axl.

So there's the question, and you can also add if you want to hear Buckethead on the record or not.

Alright......

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: