Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:06:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "don?t say anything" contract
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "don?t say anything" contract  (Read 6284 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: January 28, 2007, 01:01:51 PM »

lots of people that worked or heard the album always said that they can?t say anything about it because of the "contract"... do you think after CD is released, this people could finally say what were in their minds that time?? and do ytou think the "ugly" side of this could work for a "good publicity" for the album sells ??

Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 01:04:35 PM »

FRUSTRATION IS THE WORD!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 01:16:57 PM »

lots of people that worked or heard the album always said that they can?t say anything about it because of the "contract"... do you think after CD is released, this people could finally say what were in their minds that time?? and do ytou think the "ugly" side of this could work for a "good publicity" for the album sells ??

Hmmmmm that is pretty true but this "contract" is it actually a real document or more so just a verbal/moral agreement. If its verbal they could talk now if they want , I've seen Zakk Wylde talking about "jamming" with Axl during a couple months of 95 and said some nasty stuff bout him. Never heard anyone else talk about it , also makes me wonder how long these songs have been around? Because I remember Slash and Duff saying that they were doing new songs with guns and they were just mind blowing really epic and past what UYI was wonder how long the ideas have been kicking. But I think that once it is released people who are not on it will generate a decent buzz for the album , talking about the goods , the bads and the ugly.
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »

No way man. Those gag orders dont just stop when the CD is released....if they say something, Axl will jump down there throats.
madagas
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 01:23:11 PM »

They are called confidentiality agreements, and I am sure they are part of the overall contract that all the band members and collaborators sign before they begin work on the project.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 01:31:39 PM »

Usually it?s not part of the job to talk about what you?re working on....

It goes in most jobs. It?s usually not appreciated if you talk about current projects with outsiders. You could be a doctor, a programmer, an engineer or a record producer...

If you?re a programmer and start telling everybody what you?re currenty working on, you?d be without a job pretty soon and would probably find it hard to get a new job once everybody knew you love to talk....

You don?t need contracts, it?s common sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 02:18:07 PM »

It goes in most jobs. It?s usually not appreciated if you talk about current projects with outsiders. You could be a doctor, a programmer, an engineer or a record producer...
Good point! But many of the ones we're talking about are people interviewed by pop-magazines (atleast) yearly, also considering the circumstances I would guess they have signed contracts..

But as usually, only Axl knows :]
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 02:27:49 PM »

But I think Axl takes it to a whole other level.  VR's making another record right now, and you can find video blogs and updates about it.  In interviews they talk about their producers, the record's style and what they hope to accomplish.  That kind of stuff means a lot to their fans.  I wish Axl could understand that better.

(I'm not really one of them, for the record.  I like those guys (except Scott), and I'll always follow their careers, but Contraband doesn't exactly fill me with hope for Libertad)

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »

But I think Axl takes it to a whole other level.? VR's making another record right now, and you can find video blogs and updates about it.? In interviews they talk about their producers, the record's style and what they hope to accomplish.? That kind of stuff means a lot to their fans.? I wish Axl could understand that better.

(I'm not really one of them, for the record.? I like those guys (except Scott), and I'll always follow their careers, but Contraband doesn't exactly fill me with hope for Libertad)

Exactly what I was getting at. On the latest one there is a video of them doin some rough mixing and jamming on a new song , you see scott's lyrics hand written , see slash doin some takes , and they have a nice little chemistry as a band. It means alot fans to do a a little bit of talking. Axl has kept this under lock for a long while....
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 02:52:47 PM »

you'd think that somthing would have leaked from them like they could have told some random person just to get word out or something like that. I dont know.........but thats what i'd do yes

CHINESE DEMOCRACY headbanger

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 03:10:32 PM »

But I think Axl takes it to a whole other level.

What else do you expect from him?

This project isn?t your ordinary "let?s put a hit song on the album with a bunch of fillers to get the money from the fans" project....

VR's making another record right now, and you can find video blogs and updates about it. 

Different band, different situation.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 03:32:44 PM »

^ Ouch. Jarmo disses Velvet Revolver.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 03:40:34 PM »

^ Ouch. Jarmo disses Velvet Revolver.

I wouldn't consider him saying different band , different stuation as him dissing the band. They ARE a different band in a much DIFFERENT situation.   Wink

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 03:45:09 PM »

I think it also serves as protection for the band members themselves. ?If they legally cannot talk about Axl (personally or professionally) the new CD, etc, it automatically stops a lot of the questions reporters and such would pressure them into answering. ?I think all of that can feed into resentment when you're part of a band and all a reporter wants to do is ask you about someone else. ?It seems like it would be more freeing to them. ?I doubt they want to answer questions about Axl even if they were allowed to do so. ? ?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 03:58:02 PM »

If you?re a programmer and start telling everybody what you?re currenty working on, you?d be without a job pretty soon and would probably find it hard to get a new job once everybody knew you love to talk....

/jarmo

this is music.
I dont remember programmers having fans, or being respected about their art.
and in the end, they still talk about their projects, share interesting facts, their discoveries, etc, etc.

Music is art, people are usually excited when talking about their projects. I personally cant wait to share the details,
and excitement when I'm drawing a new concept, or whatever.

Gagging orders for "delicate issues"... ok, I can live with that, I dont care about their dirty underwear. but I'd like to get opinions,
views, facts,etc etc, from all the artists involved. the little details, fun anecdotes, whatever brings "warmth" and a human face to the band,
and not some corporate product.

the whole "gag" thing in GNR camp might be just an urban myth in the end.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
EFISH
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 04:00:25 PM »

the whole "gag" thing in GNR camp might be just an urban myth in the end.

I wouldn't be so sure.  hihi
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 04:07:11 PM »

you'd think that somthing would have leaked from them like they could have told some random person just to get word out or something like that. I dont know.........but thats what i'd do yes

peace

Now we know you are not to be trusted.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 05:03:55 PM »

/jarmo

Very true. If i ran my mouth about things at my job to "outsiders", I'd be unemployed real quick.

Mr. Fortus told me the confidentiality agreement stuff is B/S in an email quite some time ago.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 05:20:56 PM »

Mr. Fortus told me the confidentiality agreement stuff is B/S in an email quite some time ago.

of course he did, he have signed it himself,

it was a joke man, a joke
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 07:04:24 PM »

peace

Now we know you are not to be trusted.

naa i can be trusted but when its somthing as big as CHINESE DEMOCRACY i would blab till i died (or killed by Axl Lips Sealed) wouldn't you want to know? wouldn't you do the same? what would you do? its complicated i know but if that letter we got not to long ago is true about the track listings and about the songs then i think some one already blabbed 'cause he said he wouldn't say who he was untill after the release.

unless it is bull shit then i dont know.

smoking peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: