Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227940 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Falcon modding the VR section
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Falcon modding the VR section  (Read 20285 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2007, 11:14:25 AM »

Yeah, makes you remember this place before all these fake "New GNR fans"  were around.

what's a fake new gnr fan? rofl

Somebody who uses their supposed allegiance to the current lineup to troll in the VR section. Everybody knows it's just to cause trouble.

Fuck 'Em All.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2007, 11:22:11 AM »

Yeah, makes you remember this place before all these fake "New GNR fans"  were around.

Somebody who uses their supposed allegiance to the current lineup to troll in the VR section. Everybody knows it's just to cause trouble.

I think you're a little paranoid buddy. No one here, as far as I can see, is trolling the vr section for anything. If anything it's the vr fans who troll the GNR section and bitch and moan about the setlist etc. You guys really need to get a life...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2007, 11:30:37 AM »

I think you're a little paranoid buddy. No one here, as far as I can see, is trolling the vr section for anything. If anything it's the vr fans who troll the GNR section and bitch and moan about the setlist etc. You guys really need to get a life...

Yeah right, none of the people who really like GN'R and VR actually even post in the main GN'R section, which is more than which can be said for you and a few other posters.

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2007, 11:57:36 AM »

I guess you really must like GN'R because you don't post about them....  Roll Eyes

Or maybe you like something that hasn't existed in over ten years and since we have things going on with GN'R in 2007, you just don't feel like posting your "go Slash!" posts.

I post about VR because they say a lot of really stupid shit.

You ignore it because it seems like they do nothing wrong in your eyes. Even when they basically admit to things they've denied earlier.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:59:17 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2007, 12:16:06 PM »

I guess you really must like GN'R because you don't post about them....  Roll Eyes

Er, *cough* what is there to post about anyway? Tours I can't attend? I do read though. There's a difference. The main GN'R section is now a mirror of the GN'R On Tour section. When there is something interesting to talk about, I'll post.

Or maybe you like something that hasn't existed in over ten years and since we have things going on with GN'R in 2007, you just don't feel like posting your "go Slash!" posts.

"Go Slash!" posts? hihi
Why don't you find a post of mine that says that? This is your general argument whenever someone criticizes GN'R anyway. "Oh, they must be a Slash fan..."

Don't know why you even bother or care?

You ignore it because it seems like they do nothing wrong in your eyes.

Read my posts then. I though Slash's work on Libertad was ordinary. However, the same can be said about you too about the current GN'R lineup and please don't give me the "You're on a GN'R board" line, it's old already.

Even when they basically admit to things they've denied earlier.

Yeah, at least they try and do that, don't they?

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2007, 12:20:42 PM »

Somebody has to point out that the stuff they say makes no sense since none of you VR fans do.

Read my posts then. I though Slash's work on Libertad was ordinary. However, the same can be said about you too about the current GN'R lineup and please don't give me the "You're on a GN'R board" line, it's old already.

GN'R isn't the one lying about things.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2007, 12:22:34 PM »

I guess you really must like GN'R because you don't post about them....? Roll Eyes

Er, *cough* what is there to post about anyway? Tours I can't attend? I do read though. There's a difference. The main GN'R section is now a mirror of the GN'R On Tour section. When there is something interesting to talk about, I'll post.

"Go Slash!" posts? hihi
Why don't you find a post of mine that says that? This is your general argument whenever someone criticizes GN'R anyway. "Oh, they must be a Slash fan..."

You ignore it because it seems like they do nothing wrong in your eyes.

Even when they basically admit to things they've denied earlier.

Yeah, at least they try and do that, don't they?

you're really disgruntled and dissatisfied, aren't you?
if you don't like it here, leave
fuck outta here

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2007, 12:36:34 PM »

Somebody has to point out that the stuff they say makes no sense since none of you VR fans do.

Fair enough. Can't be applied to certain other posters, though.

you're really disgruntled and dissatisfied, aren't you?

Wow, you have me all figured out. That's exactly what it was. You're really good at this stuff aren't you? yes

Fuck 'Em All.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2007, 01:30:32 PM »

Jarmo if you don't like VR that's fine....but really...you keep making these comments about them lying to fans...and frankly it seems your looking for someone to take the bait, i presume because you have some great vr-are-liars stories waiting in the wings...

You can find comments for most bands where what they have said at one stage is is inconsistent with something else they've said. I think its a function of bad memories, drugs, the passing of time, poor phrasing, avoiding personal questions, bad reporting and a host of other factors.

The irony is that GNR (whom you and I both like) is amongst the worst offenders in this regard, and so i can't understand why if VR have done a similar thing its suddenly of importance to inform everyone of their misdeeds.

For example in 2004 it was reported that Tommy had heard the final mixes on CD. Yet now 3 years latter the band informed us earlier in the year that mixing was underway....

Now i'm not going to use that as an excuse to bash tommy, but all slash has to do is move house and people here were finding ways to decide he is a liar from it.

I think this kind of thing is the problem, theres nothing wrong with people expressing both pro and anti VR opinions...but it seems some posters arn't so much interested in sharing their opinion as they are in using it as a platform to make remarks for the sole purpose of inciting the same old bullshit VR vs GNR arguments.

I hate to call out Jim Bob on this, but frankly thats how i see a lot of his posts. I get he likes the new band. And its fine if he doesnt like the old band or VR, but sometimes his posts are phrased in an objectionable and obtuse manner that looks to me like he is intentionally trying to stir a fight out of people who feel differently to him....they are said in a confrontational manner as if he is waiting for someone to argue the point...so he can then bring up the fact that its a GNR board etc etc....

And jarmo I feel your recent posts are somewhat similar...its like your daring people to ask you about why you think VR are liars or something. Its your site, and you don't have to like VR, but i don't get why we all can't just live in peace, not pick faults in each others heros.

Now jarmo and JB i don't know you personally so if i'm wrong I appoligise...and I don't profess to know your actual intentions...i'm simply stating how i think your posts might be being perceived to others on here....

Well i've said my bit, and if you all want me to leave because of it then I will, but I'd like to stay here...because at the end of the day i'm a fan of GNR (of old from the records), a fan of VR, and a fan of GNR (the new leaks of the new band)...i like all 3...and its sad that we have to get into these arguments.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2007, 04:53:18 PM »

Jarmo if you don't like VR that's fine....but really...you keep making these comments about them lying to fans...and frankly it seems your looking for someone to take the bait, i presume because you have some great vr-are-liars stories waiting in the wings...

The truth will win in the end.

You can find comments for most bands where what they have said at one stage is is inconsistent with something else they've said. I think its a function of bad memories, drugs, the passing of time, poor phrasing, avoiding personal questions, bad reporting and a host of other factors.

Sure you can.

But when these lies cause shit among GN'R fans because some of you VR fans attack GN'R, it's just a bit too much.

So in order to avoid that, I post things you might not like.

The irony is that GNR (whom you and I both like) is amongst the worst offenders in this regard, and so i can't understand why if VR have done a similar thing its suddenly of importance to inform everyone of their misdeeds.

Really? Did they say they had to cancel shows in Europe due to "scheduling conflicts" only to have the guitar player admit to a fan site that it was because they realized there was no money to be made?

For example in 2004 it was reported that Tommy had heard the final mixes on CD. Yet now 3 years latter the band informed us earlier in the year that mixing was underway....

You can't prove he didn't.

By the way, since it's ok to "punish" Jim Bob for trying to instigate something in the VR section, the same applies to Booker in the GN'R section.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 04:54:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

GeraldFord
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2007, 05:11:27 PM »

Too much drama on the board...

The only thing I have against anyone here is that the thread about buttocks was locked, that was not cool.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2007, 05:16:09 PM »

The only thing I have against anyone here is that the thread about buttocks was locked, that was not cool.

I'm sure even a part of you realizes it was an assential action.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GeraldFord
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2007, 05:18:06 PM »

No, not at all. Buttocks of beautiful women good...karma point system gay.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2007, 05:29:09 PM »

No, not at all. Buttocks of beautiful women good...karma point system gay.

He said ass action? *beavis and butt-head giggle*
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2007, 06:55:47 PM »

fuck slash, he left 11 years ago.  he's not coming back.  deal with it.  ok

VR have a section on this board and are doing quite well for themselves whether you like the music or not. DEAL WITH IT, and stop spammin the boards with things equally as annoying as what you complain about people saying in the gnr sections.

html sucks
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2007, 12:09:31 AM »

Falcon does the best modding job on this forum IMO. but I better start up an account at a VR forum and leave this place since this board doesn't seem to welcome the type of fan I am. I actually like the music that was made in the past and the current music made by old and new members. this place doesn't seem to be the right place for someone who appreciate more than the current line-up of GNR and the few songs we have heard from them, all because the rules seem to differ from topic to topic and that it's impossible to show you're apprecciation of a band with ex-members without getting bugged by a hoard of strictly new GNR fans.

what's the best VR board?

velvetrevolverforum.com

BTW, great post, monkeychow! 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 12:13:35 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
nyd
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2007, 04:48:10 AM »

You guys deserve your own sitcom  rofl When theres nothing of interest to read in the GNR/Ex Gunners section I always head straight for the Administration section to read about people bitching over Karma points (which obviously turns into a 5 page argument regarding GNR vs. VR)

I love HTGTH  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: