Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who thinks we will see album #3?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who thinks we will see album #3?  (Read 14731 times)
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 04:58:40 PM »

Libertad was in the top 10 around the world its first week. So its hardly a flop even if it doesn't have the hype Contraband did to sell it to people who just buy whatevers in the magazines instead of thinking for themselves about what they like.

Besides it never seemed to bother Slash and Duff when Snakepit and Loaded were selling relatively few copies of their albums and playing clubs or opening gigs. Matt made an album that even the vast majority of GNR fans don't know exists and he doesn't seem to care, and Dave is doing infinately better in VR than any other band he's been in. Its harder to say with Scott because he's never done something that was commercially unsucsessful (except Mighty Joe Young and that was a diffrent situation entirely) but I don't think it would bother them if Libertad, or their future albums, weren't a huge sucsess.

They want the band to do well obviously, any artist would like to know their work is appreciated, but I'd be very suprised if they split up just because Libertad wasn't a massive hit.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »

^ It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere went platinum. Libertad, in all likelyhood, will not. The difference is those were side-projects, things they did to keep busy but get away from the hugeness of GN'R. VR is supposed to be bigger, larger, a 'supergroup' even if they pretend to dislike the term. They are supposed to be a big hit, they have expectations that Loaded and Snakepit never had, and they are falling short.

I don't think they'll split for sales, I think they'll split because they know the music isn't good enough. Which is a reason why sales are low.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mr. Madagascar
Headliner

"Hope to see you soon boys and girls", Axl Rio 01-15-01

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »

I think we will se atleast one more album

08/19/91 Copenhagen, Denmark
06/08/93 Gentofte Stadion, Denmark
08/24/02 Pukkelpop,Belgium
08/26/02 London Arena,England
05/12-14-15-17/06 Hammerstein, New York
06/29/06 Roskilde Festival, Denmark
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 05:17:31 PM »

Libertad was in the top 10 around the world its first week. So its hardly a flop even if it doesn't have the hype Contraband did to sell it to people who just buy whatevers in the magazines instead of thinking for themselves about what they like.

Besides it never seemed to bother Slash and Duff when Snakepit and Loaded were selling relatively few copies of their albums and playing clubs or opening gigs. Matt made an album that even the vast majority of GNR fans don't know exists and he doesn't seem to care, and Dave is doing infinately better in VR than any other band he's been in. Its harder to say with Scott because he's never done something that was commercially unsucsessful (except Mighty Joe Young and that was a diffrent situation entirely) but I don't think it would bother them if Libertad, or their future albums, weren't a huge sucsess.

They want the band to do well obviously, any artist would like to know their work is appreciated, but I'd be very suprised if they split up just because Libertad wasn't a massive hit.

I think they'll make it to a 3rd album, but I think it will be another 3 years until then with touring and Scott doing a solo record. And as far as Scott not having been in a band not commercially successful if he really did care and decided to split on account of not living up to his expectations of success I am inclined to believe the other 4 guys would continue on with possibly a new singer.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 05:37:18 PM »

I'm not saying Scott would split if the band was commercially unsucsessful. All I meant was unlike with the other guys I can't give an example to prove that he persevered with a project even thought it wasn't a commercial sucsess because it hasn't happened. Personally I'd like to think that he'd enjoy it and stay regardless of how they do.

Also as someone else pointed out in another thread all the guys except Matt are married and 3/5 have kids. That totally changes your perspective on life, they might even prefere less commerical sucsess if it means less buisness to deal with and more time to spend with their families.
Judas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 05:40:40 PM »

i think we all know its true that slash and duff enjoy touring and actually playing music.but i don't think they like velvet revolver music very much.there are a lot of filler tracks on both albums...and they have to play them too, just to make a setlist! otherwise people would criticise them for just playing gnr tunes or other covers...there will be complications for both them and scott forever...unless maybe...everyone had their own reunon and stone temple pilots and origional gnr did a tour together!

what this means to me is more than i know you believe...

http://www.gnr.co.uk
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »

i think we all know its true that slash and duff enjoy touring and actually playing music.but i don't think they like velvet revolver music very much.

So let me get this straight, you're saying Slash and Duff don't like playing music they helped create and thought enough of to put out for public consumption? Huh

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 06:06:01 PM »

i think we all know its true that slash and duff enjoy touring and actually playing music.but i don't think they like velvet revolver music very much.there are a lot of filler tracks on both albums...and they have to play them too, just to make a setlist! otherwise people would criticise them for just playing gnr tunes or other covers...there will be complications for both them and scott forever...unless maybe...everyone had their own reunon and stone temple pilots and origional gnr did a tour together!

Between the two albums they have I'm sure Slash and Duff are more than capable of putting together a set list of songs they like. If they really didn't like most of the songs on the last two albums why would they have bothered making them? And do you have absolutely any kind of reason or evidence for making this assumption?

Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 06:08:02 PM »

Calling them filler tracks is your opinion - I'm sure theres other people out there who would consider them the best songs on the album, and for all you know Slash and Duff could be amongst them.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 04:04:32 PM »

I think it's over, personally.

This album is very dissapointing. SBQM is a good song, but let's face it : They gave us another mini-version of Slither and they'll follow it up with Last fight, which will be played about 1000 times a day on the radio , which is already 1000 times too much, as I'm already sick as hell of it. 

There will be an STP re-union at some point in the next 5 years and rightfully so.
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 04:08:24 PM »

I think it's over, personally.

This album is very dissapointing. SBQM is a good song, but let's face it : They gave us another mini-version of Slither and they'll follow it up with Last fight, which will be played about 1000 times a day on the radio , which is already 1000 times too much, as I'm already sick as hell of it.?

There will be an STP re-union at some point in the next 5 years and rightfully so.

I dunno...from everything I've read theres a lot of bad blood in the whole STP thing. And I don't think the Deleo brothers are hard up for cash or that desperate for attention. I mean they tried for years numerous times with Scott and he never really got his shit together. And I've heard scott say they were hypocrites cause they were using stuff while he was trying to get sober.

GeraldFord
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 05:13:58 PM »

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere went platinum.

What? World-wide sales might have been at one million, but not in the States. It didn't even go tin.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 05:54:07 PM »

i think we all know its true that slash and duff enjoy touring and actually playing music.but i don't think they like velvet revolver music very much.

So let me get this straight, you're saying Slash and Duff don't like playing music they helped create and thought enough of to put out for public consumption? Huh

I don't want to assume I know what he was saying, but I did always find it strange that Axl made it a point to let people know that Slash and Duff did not like playing Patience and November Rain live, and Slash has been outwardly critical about composing ballads etc. Yet , he does'nt seem to have a problem with
Fall to Pieces or this Last Fight tune, both of which are pretty straight up ballad -type songs ( and neither touch NRain or Patience..imho..) no no, so I don't know what the hell to believe anymore.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 06:57:15 PM »

^ It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere went platinum. Libertad, in all likelyhood, will not. The difference is those were side-projects, things they did to keep busy but get away from the hugeness of GN'R. VR is supposed to be bigger, larger, a 'supergroup' even if they pretend to dislike the term. They are supposed to be a big hit, they have expectations that Loaded and Snakepit never had, and they are falling short.

I don't think they'll split for sales, I think they'll split because they know the music isn't good enough. Which is a reason why sales are low.

It's 5 O'clock Somewhere debuted at no. 70 on the charts-not sure it went platnium in US

libertad
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2007, 07:17:11 PM »

The contract issue isn't really an issue.  Bands breakup prior to completing their contracts all the time so I don't think that's going to be a factor as to whether or not they carry on
mofo91105
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2007, 07:57:56 PM »

Let's not close the book on VR yet. Only one single has been released, which is not sufficient enough to declare an album dead or not. Suppose they release the Last Fight and the single goes top 10. The album will most likely pick up in sales (See Def Leppard, Pour Some Sugar on Me). It was not just Slither that made Contraband a success, but all of the other singles that solidified the album and kept sales going.

I would be shocked if VR does not complete a 3rd album, contract aside. These guys seem like they enjoy playing music together and mesh very well. They tour everywhere around the world and are a great act live (which is where the money is anyways), so why would they not play together anymore? Even though Libertad may not live up to Contraband monetarily, that doesn't necessarily mean that VR will pack it in and go home.

Also, Libertad took 3 years because VR went on lengthy tours, its not like they were in a situation where they were bringing guys in from all over and re-recording parts till kingdom come, like other bands. Keep the faith in VR. I also liked whoever proposed the question of if VR's 3rd album will make it before CD. Any bets being taken?
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 12:01:09 AM »

I don't see why people think the band is going to break up.

Yes, they had a rough patch, but they keep saying how they got past that and everything is better now.

Libertad's sales are lower than Contraband's, but that was to be expected without all the incoming hype and the constant declien of the music industry.

On that note, everyone in the band constatntly talks about how great the album was, how happy they were with it, yada yada yada... if they're truly happy with how it came out and the work they've done I see no reason why you people think they'd break up.

Bands break up when they aren't happy with what they've done, not when they are happy with it.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 04:37:53 PM »

I heard people say exactly the same things when Contraband came out. I'm bored enough I even dug out old topics on a couple of forums to confirm it.

People were saying that album didn't live up to expectations or the bands potential, was mainly filler and overall it was obvious VR couldn't cut it so they'd tour for Contraband and then break up like most supergroups. And here we are after they toured for 18 months and released a second album and are out on tour again and people are still saying exactly the same things.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 07:46:31 PM »

I heard people say exactly the same things when Contraband came out. I'm bored enough I even dug out old topics on a couple of forums to confirm it.

People were saying that album didn't live up to expectations or the bands potential, was mainly filler and overall it was obvious VR couldn't cut it so they'd tour for Contraband and then break up like most supergroups. And here we are after they toured for 18 months and released a second album and are out on tour again and people are still saying exactly the same things.

Does not mean that this album is even close to Contraband.

No matter how many emails you have the actual time to dig up.
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 06:35:33 AM »

Does not mean that this album is even close to Contraband.

No matter how many emails you have the actual time to dig up.
I didn't say it did.

All I said was that just because they made an album that some people aren't overly impressed with is no reason for the band to break up and that being proven wrong with Contraband should have stopped people dragging out the same arguments again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: