Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:44:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: "daily star" (yes I know...) -album in 2008 at the earliest
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: "daily star" (yes I know...) -album in 2008 at the earliest  (Read 34661 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2007, 09:53:10 AM »

Some of you really need to get over the whole owing thing.

He doesn't owe his fans anything. Especially the vultures that roam these boards.

Axl's letter was informative and explained the reasons why things had happened as well as their future plans. That wasn't good enough for these vultures.

They just had to take those words and twist them into meaning something else.

Something was suddenly made into a promise and since it didn't happen Axl lied.

I don't know how you (the ones who claim you are owed) think you have supported the making of this album. It seems like if anything, you're the ones trying hard not to support the band at all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2007, 10:17:54 AM »

I think having us is a double edged sword.

we the cyberfans were the first to accept the new band, and I guess up to some point we were kinda of a moral support, and an omen that the new band will be well accepted back when they were still "new".
but then again, cyberfans are mainly to blame for all the bootlegs and leaks that happened over the years.

also, I dont see how someone complaining has anything to do with being a hater. someone complaining because the album is not out, only shows that the person cares.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2007, 10:24:56 AM »

also, I dont see how someone complaining has anything to do with being a hater. someone complaining because the album is not out, only shows that the person cares.

Cares about what?

How many of these people can honestly say they're upset that the album isn't out because they want it out for Axl's and the band's sake?

Instead of being upset because they want to hear the songs now?

Let's assume you're working on something big and instead of supporting you, all I'm doing is telling you "why aren't you done?", "you lied to me, you promised me you'd be done last week!" and shit like that.

Is that caring and supporting to you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2007, 10:46:14 AM »

i know this silence is a bit longlasting.. but i dont see any reason on start bashing GNR for that reason.
Somehow i have a feeling they are working hard now to release this album. We just gotta wait and see.
Lets hope for the announcement to come.. and calm down..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2007, 10:51:28 AM »

I think that none of these discussions are at all constructive. Sometimes these forums come off like a GN'R bitch session. I know I have gotten frustrated and typed things here I regretted but it seems to me some posters here do nothing but start new anti-gn'r and anti-cd threats/posts all day long.

A certain level of complaining would be expected with GN'R, most bands lose fans within months of splitting, GN'R split and reformed and produced 1 track in 10 years. Clearly fans are gonna be a little annoyed. On the other hand, posting smack and shit-talking day in and day out just makes Jarmo's life miserable and makes these board difficult to use as a resource for real info.

Jarmo, don't resort to name-calling, the nay-sayers are not worth it. It is pointless, and I am sure you're more tired than any of these folks. You dedicate alot of time to a band that you want new music from likely more than anyone on these forums. The fact that you created, and upkeep this forum shows more drive, invested time and loyalty to the band than anyone I've seen here, I know I wouldn't do it. I would have shut ?these forums in December of last year
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:54:34 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2007, 10:52:35 AM »

Well Jarmo, and I've no axe to grind, you've mentioned about an assumed reason for the album being for the posters sake rather than that of the band. For what its worth, in your land probably nothing, people want it out for a number of reasons, if nothing else to shut the muther fuckin doubters up!!!!

I, along with many others I suspect can wait, but after last years debarkle - not entirely Axl's fault but none the less added to it by saying it would be out. Given that a tentive letter was released, and a few snippits since, all news suggest that the final mix should be complete by now. A simple its mixed, but a few details to sort out before it hits the shops would do wonders for all concerned. IN MY OPINION, everything is pointing to a christmas or Thanksgiving release, does all quiet mean video's being done for a mass publicity drive, me suspects it is, but then again what do I know.

And slightly off topic but relivent all the same, does that mean the set list at shows will change on release, I doubt it, mearly that the audience will now know the songs....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2007, 10:57:16 AM »

How many of these people can honestly say they're upset that the album isn't out because they want it out for Axl's and the band's sake?

i can honestly say that i want the album to come out and for the bands well being. i'm sick of the media and (the majority) of the public thinking that Axl is a fat lard ass joke (which we know he is not) and that this band is a cover band.

you may say fuck the media etc etc. or axl doesn't care about the meida. but the fact is if he wants to be a success story again, then he should care.

comments like "employees under contract" are not good for the band either. thats not a valid argument for the album not being here or the other guys in the band being upset that their work has not been recognised yet.

put it this way,

imagine being the best band in the world, and you have a bunch of songs thgat are fucking killer, that will change everyone's opionion of you and your band, but someone / something prevents the release or stops the ball rollling time and time again...................

that would be frustrating, contract or no contract.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »

Cares about what?

Let's assume you're working on something big and instead of supporting you, all I'm doing is telling you "why aren't you done?", "you lied to me, you promised me you'd be done last week!" and shit like that.

/jarmo

I agree.
but the problem is that there are people that are labeled vultures, although they are posting with best intentions.... (in only this thread, I can see at least 5 people being threated that way)

as far as people who only want more and more... I'm more pissed off at them than you.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »

It is time to release the album point blank. I am not a vulture wanting more and more. I just would like to see this album come out for the band's credibility and my enjoyment. I do not badmouth the band and whine in doing so...I just know the album should be out now but I will continue to wait as I have for years...

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
evander1129
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »

Jarmo, I rarely post on this board because it really seems you have a ax to grind with anyone or anything that isn't 110% pro axl.  personally I love axl and the new band. I saw them play in 02' in boston and hartford, saw them in 06 at hammerstein and msg all 4 shows withing the first 10 rows.  Thought they were great live. However you can't tell me he doesn't owe the fans something. I got all excited in 02 for the new album, got all excited again in 06' for the new album.  Neither time did he come through.  Now do you know any band out there that can tour and make a living without a album??? Not very many. Axl has made his living with gnr because of the fans, not without them.  Without us, the fans, Gnr would probably all be dead by now living in the streets on heroin.  Because their music hit a chord with fans we in turn made gnr what they are today. Now axl it taking that trust and starting over.  Well it's been over 10 years and 5 years since rd 1 started with the 02' vma's. I am sorry to say he does owe us a album and new music which he has promised us. You really think these 02 and 06 tours are for us. No they are money makers on the promise of a new album which I hate to say is looking more and more like we will never get to hear it.  If axl wants to make music for himself and not let anyone hear it than he should just play free shows and post songs on the internet.  When you charge people 60-100 dollars a ticket on a tour promoting a new album you do owe something.  This show and band are getting to be a joke with all the promises of release dates and it will be this year shit. I still have my preorder ticket for the December 02 date that the album was coming out.  Sorry for my venting but I for one feel owed new music. I have supported this band and axl's right as artist but enough is enough either shit or get off the pot.  It's been 6 mos since the latest March release date and we can't even get a update as to what the hold up is?Huh How hard is it to say sorry gunners, mixing has taken a little longer than expected stay tuned.  Still shooting for end of year. Or even, doesn't look good for this year, hope to have new music for 08'.  Either way, news about sebastian bach's album instead of update on a gnr album on a gnr website is a joke. 
done ranting
E beer

with your cocaine tounge you get nothin' done!!
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2007, 01:05:24 PM »

So it's as expected. You think Axl owes you something.

Wrong!

He can say that he's gonna release an album and then change his mind.

It's his art, it's his choice if he wants to share it with the rest of the world.

Many of us hope he does, but we don't feel like he owes it to us.

/jarmo

Trust me, he will share his "art" with us or the rest of the world...

By now/ so far, Axl is playing hide and seek, but when the record go out ( if that it's possible), Axl will appear in every TV show and megazine trying to SELL us his """art"""....

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2007, 01:20:32 PM »

I never doubted the fact that he would release the album.

But I don't think he owes me it.

There's a difference.

It's very noble of some of you to say you want the album for the band's sake instead of saying you want it out for your own sake.

But it seems like when you claim this, you don't really care about the way it's released. If you cared so much about the band wouldn't you be able to understand that maybe they want their album to be released when they think it's ready for release on their terms?

Not dictated by what others think.

And by ready for release I don't mean recorded and mixed. I'm talking about making sure everything is the way the band wants it.

Proper promotion etc.

/jarmo

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2007, 01:30:19 PM »

There's a difference.

It's very noble of some of you to say you want the album for the band's sake instead of saying you want it out for your own sake.

But it seems like when you claim this, you don't really care about the way it's released. If you cared so much about the band wouldn't you be able to understand that maybe they want their album to be released when they think it's ready for release on their terms?

And by ready for release I don't mean recorded and mixed. I'm talking about making sure everything is the way the band wants it.

Proper promotion etc.

/jarmo

I honestly feel that I fall firmly into the category of wanting the album released for the good of the band. Having said that, I still feel some frustration. I really thought last year would've been the best time to do everything.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2007, 01:30:45 PM »

I understand Jarmo?s point; Axl doesn?t owe anything to the fans. And I am surprised how bad called ?fans? judge Axl all the time. I have the perception that there are some ?fans? that focuses only on what they think are the negative aspects of Axl. The release of CD is something very personal of Axl and he has told people about the plans he has with the album but as he says those are not promises or guarantees.
I have an analogy, when you are doing a master degree thesis you can tell your family that you finish in certain date, but then there are delays or you have to give other direction to your project and you don?t finish, that no make you a liar, you are the only one who knows when you finish your project and if you have to abort the project is your business.
I would like fans really support Axl. I visit regularly HTGTH because this is a site when Axl is treated with the respect he deserves and I have enjoyed many years the music Axl has made. I never visit, for example, the Bon Jovi sites because I don?t like him but I must not bash him in a site dedicated to him.
estranged92
Opening Act

« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2007, 01:32:03 PM »

So it's as expected. You think Axl owes you something.

Wrong!

He can say that he's gonna release an album and then change his mind.

It's his art, it's his choice if he wants to share it with the rest of the world.

Many of us hope he does, but we don't feel like he owes it to us.

/jarmo

Trust me, he will share his "art" with us or the rest of the world...

By now/ so far, Axl is playing hide and seek, but when the record go out ( if that it's possible), Axl will appear in every TV show and megazine trying to SELL us his """art"""....

Come on! I don't think that Axl cares so much about the money! I think he cares more about his reputation. He tries to make a perfect album  because he doesn't want people to say that he can't write good music anymore.And in addition Axl never appeared in many TV shows or magazines!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2007, 01:33:04 PM »

me...big time....these guys take so much shit unfairly, from the media and the fanbase....my support goes to them 110%....in every way possible...to each and every one of them...they are serious troopers, and deserve no less than to have this album the way they want to have it, at the time they want to have it....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Axl Is Superman
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »

Cares about what?

/jarmo

/jarmo is right. Axl?s gonna be ready, when he feels/decides the timing is right. I hope /jarmo is right on the album surfacing in 2007, too. We?d have it real soon then, and it?ll be good for Axl and the band as well.
Just my 2 cents!
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2007, 01:37:22 PM »

There's a difference.

Proper promotion etc.

/jarmo

personally, I'm ok with the wait. I know it will be out, and that's enough for me.
I only hope we get a little more communication from the band.

I understand that some people might interpret the persistent silence as if something has gone terribly wrong within the camp and thing to worry about.
just remember the 2002... all things back then pointed to a soon release, only to be later spoiled by BH leaving.
I doubt something like that could happen again, but the mixing doesnt mean that the band is out of the woods yet.
The record company, and/or some other problems could cause something else to worry about,
and an occasional "everything is fine" by the band could only reinforce those who actually stuck with the band.

you're an F1 fan... just take a look at McLaren this season... everything is going great... and 4 races before the end of the season the legal problems could cost them the lot.

kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2007, 01:38:58 PM »

Jarmo, I rarely post on this board because it really seems you have a ax to grind with anyone or anything that isn't 110% pro axl.? personally I love axl and the new band. I saw them play in 02' in boston and hartford, saw them in 06 at hammerstein and msg all 4 shows withing the first 10 rows.? Thought they were great live. However you can't tell me he doesn't owe the fans something. I got all excited in 02 for the new album, got all excited again in 06' for the new album.? Neither time did he come through.? Now do you know any band out there that can tour and make a living without a album??? Not very many. Axl has made his living with gnr because of the fans, not without them.? Without us, the fans, Gnr would probably all be dead by now living in the streets on heroin.? Because their music hit a chord with fans we in turn made gnr what they are today. Now axl it taking that trust and starting over.? Well it's been over 10 years and 5 years since rd 1 started with the 02' vma's. I am sorry to say he does owe us a album and new music which he has promised us. You really think these 02 and 06 tours are for us. No they are money makers on the promise of a new album which I hate to say is looking more and more like we will never get to hear it.? If axl wants to make music for himself and not let anyone hear it than he should just play free shows and post songs on the internet.? When you charge people 60-100 dollars a ticket on a tour promoting a new album you do owe something.? This show and band are getting to be a joke with all the promises of release dates and it will be this year shit. I still have my preorder ticket for the December 02 date that the album was coming out.? Sorry for my venting but I for one feel owed new music. I have supported this band and axl's right as artist but enough is enough either shit or get off the pot.? It's been 6 mos since the latest March release date and we can't even get a update as to what the hold up is?Huh How hard is it to say sorry gunners, mixing has taken a little longer than expected stay tuned.? Still shooting for end of year. Or even, doesn't look good for this year, hope to have new music for 08'.? Either way, news about sebastian bach's album instead of update on a gnr album on a gnr website is a joke.?
done ranting
E beer

great post 100% agree ok ok

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
evander1129
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2007, 01:46:27 PM »

Jarmo I agree with your properly promoted issue, BUT what is the hold up with promotion?Huh this should be the easiest of the issues. Coming off a sucessful tour, how about release a single. Get some radio play. Do a interview or two.  Maybe a video.  Announce a dec release date.  Announce a Vegas show for New Years and a 08 tour in support of the album.  Why is promotion holding up the album release?HuhHuh Not likely in my oppinion.

with your cocaine tounge you get nothin' done!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: