Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: "daily star" (yes I know...) -album in 2008 at the earliest
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: "daily star" (yes I know...) -album in 2008 at the earliest  (Read 34690 times)
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2007, 01:48:46 PM »

I understand Jarmo?s point; Axl doesn?t owe anything to the fans. And I am surprised how bad called ?fans? judge Axl all the time. I have the perception that there are some ?fans? that focuses only on what they think are the negative aspects of Axl. The release of CD is something very personal of Axl and he has told people about the plans he has with the album but as he says those are not promises or guarantees.
I have an analogy, when you are doing a master degree thesis you can tell your family that you finish in certain date, but then there are delays or you have to give other direction to your project and you don?t finish, that no make you a liar, you are the only one who knows when you finish your project and if you have to abort the project is your business.
I would like fans really support Axl. I visit regularly HTGTH because this is a site when Axl is treated with the respect he deserves and I have enjoyed many years the music Axl has made. I never visit, for example, the Bon Jovi sites because I don?t like him but I must not bash him in a site dedicated to him.

I just don't know, maybe you didn't live the earlier times, but Guns n' Roses was the band more comercial that I have been untill now, there was a Guns n' Roses advertisment in every corner of this planet (just think about this, I am from Chile ?hihi), so, they got used us buying every GNR product. so Axl Rose has a big responsability and he cannot have a calm attitude about his fans...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:51:58 PM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
rubinho.ma
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2007, 01:51:13 PM »

also, I dont see how someone complaining has anything to do with being a hater. someone complaining because the album is not out, only shows that the person cares.

Cares about what?

How many of these people can honestly say they're upset that the album isn't out because they want it out for Axl's and the band's sake?

Instead of being upset because they want to hear the songs now?

Let's assume you're working on something big and instead of supporting you, all I'm doing is telling you "why aren't you done?", "you lied to me, you promised me you'd be done last week!" and shit like that.

Is that caring and supporting to you?

/jarmo

I'm seriously concerned about the future of a band that makes THREE big tours to promote and release NOTHING. They teased the fans with a couple songs that were supposed to be on radios and fans' mp3 players after that, but this hype is much colder now. If they were just needing money for the album's costs, it's alright then, but now that the last tour is turning into part of the past and GN'R's name isn't on top of newspapers anymore, they'll need to go on tour AGAIN before releasing this album. Axl himself said that he wouldn't put the baby out without proper promotion, and we didn't see a damn poster yet... My guess is: no new leg of the tour for october or november, no release in 2007, and there goes another "GN'R's year". ?ok
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:04:09 PM by rubinho.ma » Logged
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2007, 02:07:53 PM »

Fuckin' christ. Guns N' Roses is Axl's life and nobody but he owns it. He will release the album when he wants it. He don't owe you anything. Get over it and move on with your life. A while back i was also whining about the album and how much longer it has to take before they release it but at this moment i just don't give a flyin' fuck about it. If they release it,good. If they don't release it,so what. It's not the end of the world.

Where's Axl?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2007, 02:09:46 PM »

Jarmo I agree with your properly promoted issue, BUT what is the hold up with promotion?Huh this should be the easiest of the issues. Coming off a sucessful tour, how about release a single. Get some radio play. Do a interview or two.  Maybe a video.  Announce a dec release date.  Announce a Vegas show for New Years and a 08 tour in support of the album.  Why is promotion holding up the album release?HuhHuh Not likely in my oppinion.

I didn't say it did!

I'm saying, let the band figure everything out so they get the things they feel are needed for the release.

An album released on their terms instead of just released so you can have something to digest before you move onto something else in a few weeks time.

I'm seriously concerned about the future of a band that makes THREE big tours to promote and release NOTHING. They teased the fans with a couple songs that were supposed to be on radios and fans' mp3 players after that, but this hype is much colder now. If they were just needing money for the album's costs, it's alright then, but now that the last tour is turning into part of the past and GN'R's name isn't on top of newspapers anymore, they'll need to go on tour AGAIN before releasing this album. Axl himself said that he wouldn't put the baby out without proper promotion, and we didn't see a damn poster yet... My guess is: no new leg of the tour for october or november, no release in 2007, and there goes another "GN'R's year".  ok

If you think GN'R is about money, then I think you misunderstood something along the line.

The fans who saw the shows in 2007 didn't give a fuck if the shows weren't promoting anything.

What happened to just going to a show and enjoying it instead of trying to find reasons behind every single thing?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2007, 02:14:24 PM »

I've been saying this for a while, but i ll say it again.  We can't control the release of the album, what we can control is if we go see them tour or not.  If you think not going to see them on tour because of no album makes a difference, it doesn't.  I had a great time at every show I went to, so I just control the things I can, and the things I cant, I cant worry about .

SLCPUNK
« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2007, 02:14:54 PM »

You'd think everybody would be used to the silence by now. If you've had patience to make it this far, then what is a little more? I rarely even wonder about the release anymore, nor do I wonder if Axl will tell us "news". It will happen when it happens.
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2007, 02:15:39 PM »

1:If you think GN'R is about money, then I think you misunderstood something along the line.

2:The fans who saw the shows in 2007 didn't give a fuck if the shows weren't promoting anything.

/jarmo

1: Tell me Jarmo. What is this 2006- 2007 G N' R all about? Touring?
2: Appetite for destruction. A bit lame isn't it? Promoting a record from the original G N' R.

Where's Axl?
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2007, 02:21:46 PM »

[I just don't know, maybe you didn't live the earlier times, but Guns n' Roses was the band more comercial that I have been untill now, there was a Guns n' Roses advertisment in every corner of this planet (just think about this, I am from Chile ?hihi), so, they got used us buying every GNR product. so Axl Rose has a big responsability and he cannot have a calm attitude about his fans...

I live the earlier times; I am a GNR fan since 1988. But I am sure Axl doesn?t owe us anything. If I pay money for a poster or a T shirt, I used them. I have not paid money for Chinese Democracy then Axl doesn?t owe me anything. The people who bought a ticket for a concert, they went to the concert so Axl doesn?t owe them anything. I choose love Axl and GNR, he doesn?t force me to be his fan, so I can not blame him for spend my money buying GNR music or posters or magazines.
Axl Is Superman
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2007, 02:22:59 PM »

1:If you think GN'R is about money, then I think you misunderstood something along the line.

2:The fans who saw the shows in 2007 didn't give a fuck if the shows weren't promoting anything.

/jarmo

1: Tell me Jarmo. What is this 2006- 2007 G N' R all about? Touring?
2: Appetite for destruction. A bit lame isn't it? Promoting a record from the original G N' R.
Agreed! But in /jarmos opinion it?s coming out in 2007. So /jarmo is probably gonna say 2007 is the year (of the release of CD). imho 2006-2007 where the years of Del James. He was able to travel the entire planet!! I?m sure /jarmo knows him personally. ok
Axl Is Superman
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2007, 02:25:03 PM »

[I just don't know, maybe you didn't live the earlier times, but Guns n' Roses was the band more comercial that I have been untill now, there was a Guns n' Roses advertisment in every corner of this planet (just think about this, I am from Chile ?hihi), so, they got used us buying every GNR product. so Axl Rose has a big responsability and he cannot have a calm attitude about his fans...

I live the earlier times; I am a GNR fan since 1988. But I am sure Axl doesn?t owe us anything. If I pay money for a poster or a T shirt, I used them. I have not paid money for Chinese Democracy then Axl doesn?t owe me anything. The people who bought a ticket for a concert, they went to the concert so Axl doesn?t owe them anything. I choose love Axl and GNR, he doesn?t force me to be his fan, so I can not blame him for spend my money buying GNR music or posters or magazines.
But Axl said in 2006 (at the VMA?s): "it will be this year"! He was touring, threatening to release an album. rant
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2007, 02:26:09 PM »

The people who bought a ticket for a concert, they went to the concert so Axl doesn?t owe them anything.

Infact he is. The moment you got your ticket you'll expect that the show will go on. They owe you a new show if they cancel it.

Where's Axl?
evander1129
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2007, 02:27:01 PM »

I do agree that the live show is fun and I had fun. But then dont' call it the chinese democracy world tour. Call it what it is. New Gnr Live at MSG!!! ?Which in it's own right is fun ,but it's not! It's a tour promoting a new album that hasn't seen the light of day in 5 years. ?I really will not buy tickets to the next tour unless we have a new album because no matter how much I enjoy the show< It's like the saying goes. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. ?Either put a NEW ALBUM out and promote the hell out of it and KICK ASS like I know GNR can or just call it a day and drop the charade. Put chinese democracy on the shelf, but scott wieland back in rehab and do GNR reunion tour. ?Either way do something as for the past 5 years we have all had are chains jerked with RD 1 2002, 10 sundays left, definatley this year, march 7th, etc. ?If it's not good enough to put out now then you know what chances are it never will be. ?So my message to AXL is grab your ball put the album out and LETS ROCK.
E

with your cocaine tounge you get nothin' done!!
evander1129
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2007, 02:28:43 PM »

LOL
should have been grab your balls and lets rock. not ball
Sorry

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2007, 02:30:17 PM »

I do agree that the live show is fun and I had fun. But then dont' call it the chinese democracy world tour. Call it what it is. New Gnr Live at MSG!!! ?Which in it's own right is fun ,but it's not! It's a tour promoting a new album that hasn't seen the light of day in 5 years. ?I really will not buy tickets to the next tour unless we have a new album because no matter how much I enjoy the show< It's like the saying goes. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. ?Either put a NEW ALBUM out and promote the hell out of it and KICK ASS like I know GNR can or just call it a day and drop the charade. Put chinese democracy on the shelf, but scott wieland back in rehab and do GNR reunion tour. ?Either way do something as for the past 5 years we have all had are chains jerked with RD 1 2002, 10 sundays left, definatley this year, march 7th, etc. ?If it's not good enough to put out now then you know what chances are it never will be. ?So my message to AXL is grab your ball put the album out and LETS ROCK.
E

Ok. Breath very slowly and lay that hash pipe aside. Grin

Where's Axl?
evander1129
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2007, 02:33:45 PM »

Sorry, I am done.  Now I will go back in my hole and wait for the album to come out SOON!!!  Hopefully soon is the word.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2007, 02:40:07 PM »

Some of you guys take this shit waaaay too seriously.
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2007, 02:57:22 PM »

But Axl said in 2006 (at the VMA?s): "it will be this year"! He was touring, threatening to release an album. rant

If he said ?it will be this year?, I am completely sure he thought that he would release the album in 2006. We don?t know what are happening in Axl?s life. My point is that he told something to the fans but he can not be judge for this. The music is an art, Axl is an artist that shares some of his feeling with his fans, but like every person in the world he has his own life and he deserves respect. I really think that he must release CD when he feels is the right moment or when he wants. And I am sure that most of the people who went to the 2008/2007 shows enjoys every minute of these shows no matter the tour was named Chinese Democracy Tour or not. I really want that GNR come to South America and I would be happy to hear them singing the old songs and the new songs. I really want to have CD in my hands and I waited for March 6 very excited but I comprehend Axl has reasons for not releasing CD.
I have enjoyed Axl?s music for many years and the only way to thank him all the good moments I have spend with his music is waiting with patient and the most important ?don`t damn him?.
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2007, 03:10:33 PM »

If you think GN'R is about money, then I think you misunderstood something along the line.

The fans who saw the shows in 2007 didn't give a fuck if the shows weren't promoting anything.

What happened to just going to a show and enjoying it instead of trying to find reasons behind every single thing?

/jarmo

I could'nt agree more, I loved every show I was able to attend from 02-07. ?For me there is'nt a better produced live show in existance, new album or not. ?After returning from Japan I've seen several other major bands as they roll through L.A. While nearly all have been enjoyable each show I see only reaffirms how good GnR really are and how committed they all are in putting on the best concert possible. I think this holds true for the album as well, GnR is about quality, it will be released when it's ready in all aspects.

Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2007, 03:14:04 PM »

If he said ?it will be this year?, I am completely sure he thought that he would release the album in 2006. We don?t know what are happening in Axl?s life. My point is that he told something to the fans but he can not be judge for this. The music is an art, Axl is an artist that shares some of his feeling with his fans, but like every person in the world he has his own life and he deserves respect. I really think that he must release CD when he feels is the right moment or when he wants. And I am sure that most of the people who went to the 2008/2007 shows enjoys every minute of these shows no matter the tour was named Chinese Democracy Tour or not. I really want that GNR come to South America and I would be happy to hear them singing the old songs and the new songs. I really want to have CD in my hands and I waited for March 6 very excited but I comprehend Axl has reasons for not releasing CD.
I have enjoyed Axl?s music for many years and the only way to thank him all the good moments I have spend with his music is waiting with patient and the most important ?don`t damn him?.

This is so unusual, when Slash say something and then he says another thing is a "fucking liar", but when Axl does "We don?t know what are happening in his life"...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 03:15:55 PM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2007, 03:22:17 PM »

This is so unusual, when Slash say something and then he says another thing is a "fucking liar", but when Axl does "We don?t know what are happening in Axl?s life"...

These are two things very different. One thing is to say a lie about a fact. Other thing is speak about a project you have.  Although I have never like Slash, I have never said that he is a liar. Axl have never said a lie about Chinese Democracy, he simply has told the fans some plans about CD. He has never promised anything about CD.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: