Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:40:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UPDATE: Baz Interview on 93.3 WMMR (with audio) & Eddie Trunk with Baz & BBF
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UPDATE: Baz Interview on 93.3 WMMR (with audio) & Eddie Trunk with Baz & BBF  (Read 22825 times)
music89
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2007, 11:55:42 PM »

any news if the songs they played are in this podcast

edit: nope
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 11:59:35 PM by music89 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2007, 11:58:55 PM »

So when people are going "When's the record coming out? Is it ever coming out?" I go "Yeah! And are you ever gonna feel stupid when it does?" (laughs) - Baz

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2007, 12:03:40 AM »

So Baz and the rest of the GN'R members are claiming its going to come up.  Once and for all....WHAT IS HOLDING IT UP?? REALLY WHAT IS IT!?!??!
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2007, 12:11:22 AM »

i dont doubt its existence, or how productive axl has been, but after all this time it is very easy to feel pesimistic about its release.

what i will say though is that quite frankly i dont care. i just dont care if its released and its not that ive lost interest in it so much as im happy with what ive heard from it so far. if nothing else ends up out there thats fine, because in my mind i got justification. i got new gnr.

that wont stop me from buying it on release, but it has stopped me from complaining about it not being out. i tell you what i miss more then an album, is after a flood of gnr shows in new york last year, it felt weird to go through '07 without a gnr show. i miss the energy.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2007, 12:21:14 AM »

That Matt Cord interview with Preston and Steve was a lot better than Preston and Steve interview with Slash.  Those two took the typical, pathetic cheap shots at Axl and tried to bait Slash into talking shit about Axl.  Kudos to Slash for taking the high road.

Ali
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2007, 12:24:07 AM »

That Matt Cord interview with Preston and Steve was a lot better than Preston and Steve interview with Slash.? Those two took the typical, pathetic cheap shots at Axl and tried to bait Slash into talking shit about Axl.? Kudos to Slash for taking the high road.

Ali

agreed. and now that i think about it, ive heard that happen to slash dozens of times and ive yet to hear him really say a bad word about axl. even in his autobiography he puts things as he did on the show 'the guy has his own problems, and you see what comes of it' but he never really knocks his work or tries to make him look like a bad guy.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2007, 12:31:32 AM »

That Matt Cord interview with Preston and Steve was a lot better than Preston and Steve interview with Slash.? Those two took the typical, pathetic cheap shots at Axl and tried to bait Slash into talking shit about Axl.? Kudos to Slash for taking the high road.

Ali

Excuse me, the Matt Cord interview with Bach.

Ali
Chief
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2007, 03:27:34 AM »

thanks man, that was funny!!

Hey guys,

thought id let everyone know that Bach is supposed to be interviewed during Matt Cord's show on 93.3 wmmr in phily this afternoon. It can happen any time between 3 and 7.

i mention it here cause im sure he will talk about the new album, and probably about working with axl.

if this has already been posted, sorry about that, and jarmo, if i have it in the wrong place again, sorry, im at work and cant take the time to do a search or anything.

also, since ill be at work or school, if someone transcribes the show besure to post in here.

you can listen on the web at www.wmmr.com

later

- d.

UPDATE:

hey guys, heres links to the get the audio for both interviews

Matt Cord Interviews Sebastian Bach: http://www.gmppodcast.com/WMMR/MMRchives/tabid/65/Default.aspx
Slash on Preston & Steve: go two thirds in for slash.   http://cdn.libsyn.com/prestonandsteve/PnS10312007.mp3

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2007, 03:38:28 AM »

I cant get the Baz file to download..Could someone please put it up for download?? peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2007, 06:48:18 AM »

The interview with Baz is top draw! The man is insane!! Must be great to interview him, but he also talks a huge amount of sense! Also I hope all the stuff he said about Axl, the band and the album will shut up all the doubters out there!!!

Mike

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2007, 06:48:31 AM »

I can't download it either. It'll stream but it won't download. Listening to it now anyways, thanks!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2007, 08:51:53 AM »

i liked when he said  axl pulled up in an enzo.to the studio he drove.i think that is so kool too.and baz really does love his axl rose .you can tell when he talks about him.it just shines like a beacon or something beautiful.i think the interview was more about axl then baz but it turned out to be more about baz  later in the interview.i think if they can't get axl then baz is close enough i guess.and the part about philly made sense from what baz said.i like that also,philly never forgets.and they should really.give axl a break afterall.and let him back in philly to rock out.i think it's going to happen sooner or later.axl will play philly again,lets hope right.

the one an only horsey !
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2007, 09:13:41 AM »

So when people are going "When's the record coming out? Is it ever coming out?" I go "Yeah! And are you ever gonna feel stupid when it does?" (laughs) - Baz

/jarmo

That made me laugh out aloud! And Im at my work right now so everyone turned around!!

Nobody in the Guns n Roses camp can say 'I told you so' when the album eventually comes out. Its taken too long, and theres been too many delays for them to be smug when it does eventually come out.

I was 16 when I first began waiting with bated breath on this record.. Im now 24. A lots changed. Meh.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2007, 12:45:58 PM »

baz is on Connecticutts WCCC in 15minutes
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2007, 07:35:57 PM »

It was the axl version, I could hear him deffinitly.
but I think it wasn't the last version though. prob just a demo again.

cause axl was put way back. and baz and someone more sang on it 2

was it the official single?

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2007, 12:28:01 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'AXL ROSE Has Lived A Life None Of Us Could Ever Imagine' - Nov. 2, 2007

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach was recently interviewed by Matt Chord of Philadelphia's 93.3 WMMR. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Q: You have a new record coming out, "Angel Down", November 20. We've been waiting for songs from Axl Rose for about 15 years, and all of a sudden, you get him to sing on your record. How did that work, did you text him, did you call him?

Sebastian: "We've done about 80 shows with GUNS N' ROSES all over the world. At Christmas we did three nights at Universal Ampitheater in Hollywood... Axl had a Christmas party, we were playing pool. He played 'Chinese Democracy', a song called 'Sorry' came on and I started singing a harmony over top of the chorus. Axl loved that and booked studio time at Electric Lady in New York the next week, and I sang on 'Chinese Democracy'. So then, I was being silly and texted Axl, 'When are you going to sing on my record?' and he texted back, just one word, 'When' ... He sang three songs on my record."

Q: What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about Axl Rose?

Sebastian: "They think that 'Chinese Democracy' is never coming out... that is #1 misconception, 'cause I've heard it... like, it exists. To me I think it has a lot more to do with the business side of it. I've heard four albums' worth of material that's incredible. So when people go 'Is it ever coming out?', I go 'Yeah! And you're gonna feel stupid when it does.'"

Q: He's a very down-to-earth kinda person.

Sebastian: "I wouldn't call him down to earth. He's lived a life none of us could ever imagine, because of the level of success he has achieved. GUNS N' ROSES is bigger than rock. They're not a metal or rock band, they're like the STONES, or LED ZEPPELIN, or THE BEATLES, to a lot of people. He can't go out on the street and walk around. Like, when I was in London, England, I went to Hyde Park, played frisbee with the road crew ? he can't do stuff like that. And that must really suck... Paparazzi's always there. It's just a different life... and I've watched millions of people that were in a room with the man, and they don't say what they think ? they try to figure out what he wants them to say to make him like them and then they'll say that. I've seen people get so flipped out, but when he's in the room with them, he can't get a straight answer out of them. He's not like a human, he's like a demigod walking around."

Q: He does have a bad reputation in town ? December 8th 2002, it was a no-show.

Sebastian: "Go do an interview with him there. I wasn't on that tour... I don't know what to say. I read all the time about Paul Stanley cancelling shows ? nobody goes 'Paul Stanley, man, what's up?!'? I just did a whole GN'R tour, 80 shows... they cancelled one show, out of 80 shows. That's not unheard of..."

Q: I always stick up for the lineup when people go "It's not the true GN'R..."

Sebastian: "It's not... but then what's better... Slash and Duff doing STONE TEMPLE PILOTS songs? I'd rather hear Axl sing 'Welcome To The Jungle' with Tommy Stinson on bass... I love Duff McKagan, but he's busy." (Laughs)

Q: You had a great line about Brain at the Hammerstein... "Where was this guy when you hired Matt Sorum??"

Sebastian: "To me, Brain is one of the best drummers I've ever seen in my life. I love drummers that kinda play behind beat, with that cool, sleazy groove like John Bonham, Joey Kramer, or Steven Adler on 'Appetite', and to me, Brain plays with that swagger and cool factor. And I watched this guy with GUNS, and I couldn't believe how incredible he was. Then I bought the new TOM WAITS record, and I look at the credits... Drums: Brain. I go... this guy! TOM WAITS, PRIMUS, GN'R ? he's amazing."

Listen to the entire interview at thislocation:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=84019.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2007, 01:06:18 PM »

So Baz and the rest of the GN'R members are claiming its going to come up.? Once and for all....WHAT IS HOLDING IT UP?? REALLY WHAT IS IT!?!??!

To me It?s obvious.

Legalities....thats it, legal issues are your answer I?ve been saying it for years but no one wants to believe it. In my opinion Until a Judge says the former band members wont profit from Chinese Democracy, it is my belief that It won?t be released and I really can?t blame Axl For that if it?s true.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 01:07:58 PM by Rhino » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2007, 01:23:12 PM »

^^Mysteron said in another thread today...

The delay is being caused by the record company. The ball is in their court now.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49426.msg1012376#msg1012376

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »

Thing is ... a lot of the questions thrown at Baz from all interviewers relates to Axl ... and in all honesty, Baz crawls around inside the GnR ass like nobody's business.  He's a talented guy and I love some of his stuff but the dude praises the new GnR as if they're all forms of Jesus.  It's boring and even worse considering he has slagged off the ex GnR members ... and we all know that's because he didn't get the job in VR.  I really wish the whole Axl and GnR thing would be dropped ... they Ask Baz as much about Axl and co as they ask Slash!  I don't wanna hear the same shit over and over from Baz just like I don't wanna hear the same shit over and over from Slash.  I wish the interviewers would come up with new questions.

Btw, I'm not relating to this interview specifically, just commenting on the overall interviews I've heard in general.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »

It must be really horrible to have to hear somebody who actually knows Axl say nice things about him.

I can understand that you're tired of hearing Slash talking about Axl because he's done it for over ten years now and you probably want him to focus on talking about himself. 

Baz says a lot of smart things. For example pointing out the simple fact that nobody can understand what Axl goes through because none of us live that kind of life.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: