Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 12:52:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228021 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 233746 times)
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »

Anyone else notice how Axl appearing on Baz's album hasn't made it into the "Latest Five Headlines" on this board? ?I would have assumed that this is legit enough to make it up there by now (yes, *assumed* is the key word there)... peace

itll be up there, give it time. cool news, cant wait to hear these songs. i thought it was really funny that the record company issued a press release that morning about the cd and baz didnt know about it and couldnt figure out how the reporter knew so much.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »

So, Anyone think CD is still coming in 2007 or are we looking at an early 2008 release ??

I think this album (Baz's) will go largely under the radar

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2007, 06:28:19 PM »

got home from work and read this news... Smiley

Very very good news! Just a few days and we'll hear an official Axl recording since 1999! ?drool drool
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »

ok the thing that really cought my eye was this (especially the bolded)-

Basically, the collaboration with me and Axl started when he asked me last December to sing on? I was at his house and he was playing me the new "Chinese Democracy" album ? actually, there's more than one; there's, like, four ? but he was playing a song called "Sorry", which is a very heavy, grinding kind of riff and we were partying and stuff and I started singing a high harmony on the chorus of this song and he flipped out, and he goes, "That sounds great." He goes, "I want you to sing that on the record." So in January, I went to Electric Lady [studios in New York City], and I sang the chorus of this song "Sorry", and it came out really, really amazing.

drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

if theres Four CHINESE DEMOCRACY albums 4 things can be determined
1 The wait was WELL worth it
2 There will be almost endless singles on the radio
3 There will be alot more World tours
4 this/these will be the last Guns N' Roses albums

i simply cannot wait i can't take any more of these teasers rant

CAN'T FUCKIN' WAIT headbanger peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2007, 07:32:54 PM »

I don't think they would be the last albums of Guns N' Roses. Why? They would be bigger than ever. I don't think 4 albums will come out at once. Would be cool since I don't think it's ever been done. 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2007, 07:51:58 PM »

Yup,  though I think some anouncement will be made in september as always happens in september:P  there are like 14 tuesdays left?
See: My name.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2007, 07:52:53 PM »

Basically, the collaboration with me and Axl started when he asked me last December to sing on? I was at his house and he was playing me the new "Chinese Democracy" album ? actually, there's more than one; there's, like, four ? but he was playing a song called "Sorry", which is a very heavy, grinding kind of riff and we were partying and stuff and I started singing a high harmony on the chorus of this song and he flipped out, and he goes, "That sounds great." He goes, "I want you to sing that on the record." So in January, I went to Electric Lady [studios in New York City], and I sang the chorus of this song "Sorry", and it came out really, really amazing.

Wait so does that mean sorry was a GNR song at one point?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2007, 07:59:37 PM »

Wait so does that mean sorry was a GNR song at one point?

"Sorry" is a GN'R song that is going to be on Chinese Democracy.

Ali
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2007, 08:12:06 PM »

I don't think he means there is FOUR seperate albums. I imagine that there are a few different cuts of the album, different songs, order etc.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2007, 08:18:11 PM »

I don't think he means there is FOUR seperate albums. I imagine that there are a few different cuts of the album, different songs, order etc.

I was thinkin the same thing.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2007, 08:53:39 PM »

Axl needs to hire Baz as his publicist.

Whether it was on Eddie Trunk or just interviews, Baz gets me so fuckin fired up and excited about GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2007, 09:06:38 PM »

Baz is awesome.  It will be cool to hear some official recording of Axl even though it will be on Baz's record. 

About 4 CD's.  I am willing to bet that none of them are finished and are full of demos.

Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2007, 09:07:42 PM »

This sounds great. I hope Axl's participation on the cd comes through like 'Under my Wheels' with Alice Cooper. A great song with just Alice, but a really great one with Axl.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2007, 09:07:59 PM »

I was thinkin the same thing.

Yeah, There is no mention of 4 different albums, however, it would not suprise me if there were that much material to work with.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2007, 09:42:43 PM »

So, was it added to the playlist today or not?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »

If only Axl would be this excited about his own work.  He seemed pumped out to get on Baz's cuts and get them finished, but when it comes to his own stuff its like "it gets done when it gets done" type of attitude.  DEF. looking forward to Baz's new album now.......
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2007, 10:05:34 PM »

Not to be the negative whiny bitch on this thread, but Baz singing on Chinese Demoracy just doesn't appeal to me.

Actually it takes away some of my (high) hopes from this album!!

I just hope it's not a sign of ANY nostalgia act by Axl with the album.

I know I don't post a lot, I usually just read the threads, but my disappointment is so huge that I have to express it.

Anyways, I see the Axl colaboration on Baz's album with good eyes. Will be good for Baz and we get the opportunity to hear Axl again (I guess he doesn't sing on anything official since Outpatience's record).

See ya.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:07:21 PM by ottosporteman » Logged

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2007, 10:08:16 PM »

From Sebastianbach.com

With the official radio impact date of September 4 for the highly explosive lead off single from Sebastian Bach, "(Love Is) A Bitchslap"

Hope this is the "final" version. yes

I've heard the song on Octane and believe it or not OutQ (the gay channel), but I didn't hear the whole song and obviously didn't hear or notice Axl.? Must not've heard his part.? Now that I know he's supposed to be on there though I will certainly listen closely.

You forgot the most important part: ... Sirius Octane has decided to debut and add the single into rotation this afternoon!
I've heard the song on Octane and believe it or not OutQ (the gay channel), but I didn't hear the whole song. So this version of the song is NOT the one with Axl?  Is that version gonna be released to the airwaves in place of the old one or do we have to wait for the album.  I would think that'd be fantastic promotion for Baz, although he's got a couple months for that yet.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:24:47 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2007, 10:19:30 PM »

I don't think they would be the last albums of Guns N' Roses. Why? They would be bigger than ever. I don't think 4 albums will come out at once. Would be cool since I don't think it's ever been done.

i think Axl would want to go out on top and frankly i don't blame him. But if G'n'R were to release 1 or 2 more albums after CD i wouldn't object Smiley but if there were to be more after CD i don't think it would sound anything like G'n'R we know and love. The sound has changed so much in the past years and i like it but i think that its gonna change so much that most of the old fans won't like it any more.

and actually it has been done before when KISS released 4 seperate albums at once containning each one of the members.

"Sorry" is a GN'R song that is going to be on Chinese Democracy.

Ali

Sorry was always gonna be a G'n'R song ever since it was rumored wasn't it? headscratch

Yeah, There is no mention of 4 different albums, however, it would not suprise me if there were that much material to work with.

there is. There was a mension ( if i remember right Axl said it himself) saying that there was over 50 or 60 songs in the works or being worked on or something like that

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2007, 10:22:30 PM »

From Sebastianbach.com

With the official radio impact date of September 4 for the highly explosive lead off single from Sebastian Bach, "(Love Is) A Bitchslap"

Hope this is the "final" version. yes

I've heard the song on Octane and believe it or not OutQ (the gay channel), but I didn't hear the whole song and obviously didn't hear or notice Axl.  Must not've heard his part.  Now that I know he's supposed to be on there though I will certainly listen closely.

You forgot the most important part: ... Sirius Octane has decided to debut and add the single into rotation this afternoon!

The version that was on Sirius was not the final version with Axl. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: