Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!  (Read 39999 times)
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 11:14:51 AM »

Yup. I used to live there. The plan was to take the missus for a short break and catch the gig. We'll still go, even if it is cancelled. It would be nice to hook up with some old friends. See if that Japanese place is still open on Beethovenstraat and Dant? on Spuistraat. I recall having some mighty nice food from those places.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 11:18:23 AM »

Yup. I used to live there. The plan was to take the missus for a short break and catch the gig. We'll still go, even if it is cancelled. It would be nice to hook up with some old friends. See if that Japanese place is still open on Beethovenstraat and Dant? on Spuistraat. I recall having some mighty nice food from those places.

that?s great!  ok at least you hadn?t booked the flights yet... I had!! Oh well...  no  I?m going anyway...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 11:26:26 AM »

The gig hasn't been cancelled yet! No need to give up hope!

You'll enjoy Amsterdam. It's a nice place. We are still going, still hoping the gig will happen.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »

You'll enjoy Amsterdam. It's a nice place. We are still going, still hoping the gig will happen.

Yeah sure! But something really weird is that my friend in Amsterdam has tried to buy the tickets twice already and couldn?t because they ain?t available yet!  nervous

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »

^Relapse is a part of recovery.

So is actually staying sober.

At a certain point, the other guys have to look out for the best interests of their careers and sobriety.

Ali

Let's not forget, both Matt and Slash both relapsed before Scott's latest...

Matt and Slash may get fucked up, but, unlike Scott, they can still perform and do their thing.  Scott fucked up is a train wreck.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 11:42:06 AM »

Yeah sure! But something really weird is that my friend in Amsterdam has tried to buy the tickets twice already and couldn?t because they ain?t available yet!  nervous

If I go to Amsterdam, its to find Joran Vandersloot, that fucking piece of shit.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »

One cancelled show does not make a cancelled tour.  Guess only time will tell what will happen.  We'll know in a week or so.

As for the rehab thing - every one of the members of VR, except Dave, have been to rehab at least once in the last 3 yrs or so, and they've continued on.  I see rehab as being a good thing, although probably ill-timed.  I mean, once an abuser always an abuser, or at least the temptation is always there.  Better to go to rehab and attempt to get oneself back together than to allow things to get further out of control.  This is nothing new for Scott.  We all know that.  This has been an ongoing thing for years.  It's just kind of sad that he relapsed after more than 2 yrs sober.        
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »

At a certain point, the other guys have to look out for the best interests of their careers and sobriety.

Ali

When was Slash's last relapse?  Hasn't he been clean since 2005?

In the end, all I'm saying is that they have balance Weiland's best interests with their own.  There has to be a line drawn somewhere so that Weiland doesn't bring everyone else down with his issues.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2008, 12:04:26 PM »

One cancelled show does not make a cancelled tour.  Guess only time will tell what will happen.  We'll know in a week or so.   

Considering his problems occurred during a tour and the next leg is starting in a week, will he get the problems sorted in less than a week?

I'm not an expert on rehab or addictions, but a week seems like a short amount of time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2008, 12:08:02 PM »

Ali

In the end, all I'm saying is that they have balance Weiland's best interests with their own.  There has to be a line drawn somewhere so that Weiland doesn't bring everyone else down with his issues.

Ali

I think they can find someone that can bring more to the table than weiland.  Plus STP reunion?  Somewhere Josh Todd is laughing. 
Ali
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »

Ali

Ali

I think they can find someone that can bring more to the table than weiland.  Plus STP reunion?  Somewhere Josh Todd is laughing. 

Can they find someone?  Josh Todd is definitely out, and so is Baz.  Billy Morrison?  An unknown?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »

Ali

It goes both ways, seeing Slash and Sorum falling into bad habits can't be a good environment for Weiland either.

..and so is Baz. 

Ali

Not sure why his name would even be brought up...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2008, 12:40:23 PM »

I wasn't suggesting Todd, just saying somewhere he may be laughing. 

Get Billy Idol in and be done with it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2008, 12:41:35 PM »

Falcon, would Ian Ashbury (sp) an outside shot?  ha, I know, not a chance in hell.
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2008, 12:43:33 PM »

One cancelled show does not make a cancelled tour.  Guess only time will tell what will happen.  We'll know in a week or so.   

Considering his problems occurred during a tour and the next leg is starting in a week, will he get the problems sorted in less than a week?

I'm not an expert on rehab or addictions, but a week seems like a short amount of time.

/jarmo

That sucks for Scott and VR fans, really. Who knows how severe his condition is or why exactly he had to go in? It may be a short term thing, so he could be back in a week. We just don't know the severity. End of day, he's a human being and hope he gets better.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2008, 01:05:37 PM »

This interview is worded so poorly... VR played in Austin TX on Jan. 31st?

Keeping it Together. An Exclusive Conversation with Slash

By Debby Rao, Boston Contributor
Friday, February 8, 2008 @ 0:16 AM

In this Exclusive interview for KNAC.COM, I speak to a witty and charming Slash via telephone in Austin, Texas regarding the Los Angeles show...

KNAC.COM:. Velvet Revolver played The Wiltern in Los Angeles on February 6th. How as that?

SLASH: It is an LA show and definitely the last one on this leg of the tour. So it (has) that sort of hometown kind of thing to it. That said, I have no idea exactly what that means.

KNAC.COM:: I think it means anything can happen.

SLASH: Yeah.

KNAC.COM:: After the U.S. leg of the tour is over, where to?

SLASH: We go to Australia and we do some shows over there. Then we do the UK/Europe tour.

http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=6120

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2008, 01:05:48 PM »

If I go to Amsterdam, its to find Joran Vandersloot, that fucking piece of shit.

You won't find him there he's officially gone into hiding hehe  Wink

See if that Japanese place is still open on Beethovenstraat and Dant? on Spuistraat. I recall having some mighty nice food from those places.

Yup I think it's still there believe it's called Meidi-Ya ...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2008, 01:19:45 PM »

Ali

It goes both ways, seeing Slash and Sorum falling into bad habits can't be a good environment for Weiland either.

..and so is Baz.

Ali

But when did Sorum and Slash relapse?  I saw Slash not too long ago on Montel talking about being sober since 2005.

And Weiland is the one who got arrested recently.  So his issues with sobriety have the potential to limit or take away his freedom and therefore the band's ability to perform.

Baz was brought up because he was technically in the running for the lead singer slot.

Ali
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2008, 01:28:27 PM »

See if that Japanese place is still open on Beethovenstraat and Dant? on Spuistraat. I recall having some mighty nice food from those places.

Yup I think it's still there believe it's called Meidi-Ya ...

That's the place. Thanks. I left Amsterdam in the summer of 2001, and haven't been back since December of the same year. It will be cool to see how much has changed.

Back to your normal thread now...!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2008, 01:34:51 PM »

Ali

..and so is Baz.

Ali

But when did Sorum and Slash relapse?  I saw Slash not too long ago on Montel talking about being sober since 2005.

And Weiland is the one who got arrested recently.  So his issues with sobriety have the potential to limit or take away his freedom and therefore the band's ability to perform.

Baz was brought up because he was technically in the running for the lead singer slot.

Ali

That's the rehab/relapse, with Slash, I was talking about - 2005 or 2006.  Sorum & Duff were each in rehab, for different things, I think it was in the months preceding that.  So, my point was that they've all continued to have their battles with total sobriety.         
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: