Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:53:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 735755 times)
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #1100 on: April 10, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »

Second, any person who really cares about how musicians look like and how they pose have been brainwashed by Mtv to much  peace

Music is of importance. Its No.1 priority.
The look of an artist is also of importance. If you think not, you are deluding yourself.

Appearance is important then for folks like you, yes.

For me and many others who can appreciate music with their eyes closed, appearance invokes zero interest, we couldn't care less ... unless they are girls, because I am a hetero man....  why would I care about how a guy looks like in tight leather pants doing some funky moves ... hmmm? ....  ok

It is very easy to spot the Mtv crowd who care about appearance.. at the gig they usually run a fast as they can to places they can see the band the best... which happen to be the exact same places the band sounds worst in the mix... the ones who care for the music stay around the crew who do the sound (the mix they get is the best) so we can enjoy the music better  peace

This signature is very funny.
maynard
« Reply #1101 on: April 10, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »

I must have missed this. When have Guns n' Roses released an album in the last 10 years? I wouldn't say that is the plan, even now it still looks mightily unlikely and there are no plans in motion at the moment.

So just because they haven't it means that they never can?

All right.

You should be a coach for a professional sports team. "So how many times did you win in the past? No need to think you'll ever be able to win anything!".

What do you know about what GN'R are doing or their plans anyway?

/jarmo

We know nothing because they simply think it's ok to keep their fans in the dark. It's cool to know that Axl liked the Dr Pepper's idea. They got new management? Nice. But how will it help the release of the new album? We don't know, maybe nothing, since it's in the record company's hands now.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1102 on: April 10, 2008, 01:59:52 PM »

Am I wrong in assuming that Robin's future in the band currently looks bleak?

If not: Cool. I like Robin.
If so: Would they bring back Bucket or try to bring in Zakk Wylde again?

I mean I always thought of Fortus/Paul as the Izzy type and Axl has went on record to talk about replacing other 'former members' and it seemed that Robin was the proper replacement for 'that' former member and would do the GNR name justice. Whatever happens, Robin was great to have on tour and his ability will be immortalized and cherished by fans once the album comes out.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1103 on: April 10, 2008, 02:00:51 PM »

We know nothing because they simply think it's ok to keep their fans in the dark.

Roll Eyes

There's nothing to update on at the moment. And before you say "Robin", I've presented a possible explanation so go read it first.

Are you gonna jump around with joy if you're told "We're focusing on releasing the album but at the present time there's no release date"?

How the hell did you manage 15-20 years ago when you had to rely on newspapers, MTV and radio for "updates"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1104 on: April 10, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »

If I remember correctly, there were an an awful lot of people (here on these and other boards) who could not handle the way Buckethead looked. All sorts of insults were thrown around. To me he sounded great, and his look was his own.

Like I said, music is no.1 priority, and looks 2nd, although looks/image are of importance. It has nothing to do with hetro men, gay, straight. Its a sound and vision thing  Wink

Interesting that you say music is the number one priority, as my main complaint against Buckethead's performance style was his need to rely on gimmicks, such as the KFC bucket and ridiculous mask.  Unless he drops these and learns to connect with an audience and interact with fellow band members, I hope I never have to watch him on stage with GNR again.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Death Cube K
« Reply #1105 on: April 10, 2008, 02:23:55 PM »

Are you gonna jump around with joy if you're told "We're focusing on releasing the album but at the present time there's no release date"?

Since this is 2008 and not 15 years ago, band and their management also have to change ways in how the communicate with their fans.

"We know you are worried, but calm down and wait for us to get this sorted out and then tell you" would be enough.

How the hell did you manage 15-20 years ago when you had to rely on newspapers, MTV and radio for "updates"?

Let's say MTV reported 15 years ago that the main GNR guitarist left for Nine Inch Nails. You would be devastated. When MTV said "management could not be reached at this time" we would have the exact same situation as now, but each to his own instead of online. We would call fellow GNR friends and fans..and basically say the exact same thing as now.

Ignoring a full blown Internet worry-fest is not in anyones best interest, regardless of what should be said or not.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:26:50 PM by DCK » Logged
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1106 on: April 10, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »

music and authenticity are pretty important to me.

Each person has their own level of tolerance, but if i see someone on stage who appears to be trying hard to be someone they are obviously not, i will lose interest.

Can a guy with a bucket on his head be authentic? Damn skippy IMO.

When i first saw the band with Robin... i thought, who is this goofy looking fruit? he reminded me of those kids at school who tried so hard to be different but for some reason sat at a table in the lunchroom with a bunch of other kids that all looked alike.

Second time I saw the band... he seemed more authentic. it helped my perception of him.

of course.... other people's tolerance vary greatly.... many would read this and say "aren't ALL of those guys trying to be something they're not??"  and I would disagree. because i heard the new music.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1107 on: April 10, 2008, 02:31:47 PM »

Since this is 2008 and not 15 years ago, band and their management also have to change ways in how the communicate with their fans.

"We know you are worried, but calm down and wait for us to get this sorted out and then tell you" would be enough.

Just because you could, don't mean you have to.  Wink

Isn't that hypothetical update common sense? The thought of calming down and believing that once GN'R has something to say, they will, never occurred? You need Axl to tell you that?

Ignoring a full blown Internet worry-fest is not in anyones best interest, regardless of what should be said or not.

Worry-fest?

Not everybody who's posting in these threads are worried you know....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #1108 on: April 10, 2008, 02:37:28 PM »

I wish Robin would at least say something to the fans... He's been a member of this band for many years now and I for one would hate to see the guy go. If he does leave though, I wish him the best.

We're just going to have to wait and see what happens... speculating is pretty redundant at this point.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #1109 on: April 10, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »

I'm not worried. if Robin leaves, he leaves. The band will go on. I've seen 7 guitarists leave GNR since I first cracked open the vinyl of AFD in 1987.

If he leaves, he's still written a ton of great songs with the band and been an integral part of the band for the past twelve years. He's played a lot of shows with the band, and proven himself over and over again on and offstage. I don't want him to go, but if he does, GNR will endure.

Anyone who thinks that the recent GNR shows were actually the Axl Rose Project haven't seen the band recently. I've seen solo shows with backing bands - and the group dynamic in GNR is exactly that : a band. A group.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #1110 on: April 10, 2008, 02:40:14 PM »

Anyone who thinks that the recent GNR shows were actually the Axl Rose Project haven't seen the band recently. I've seen solo shows with backing bands - and the group dynamic in GNR is exactly that : a band. A group.

I couldn't agree more. That's why I really hope this group of guys stay together for the long haul.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Death Cube K
« Reply #1111 on: April 10, 2008, 02:42:11 PM »

Not everybody who's posting in these threads are worried you know....

They obviously haven't thought thru the rather good possibility we won't see any GNR tours in 2008, or an album IMO. It might all be fine and dandy and won't hold up anything but 10 years experience tells me otherwise. If they don't believe it then that's fine, but they should at least think of the scenario.

Just because you could, don't mean you have to.

Every bit of common sense I have tells me that when an important band member of a band potentially leaves or goes on a minimum 1 year hiatus, I would tell the fans. Regardless of what I know or can about of the situation.

maybe Robin hasn't said anything because he's NOT leaving Guns N Roses having you ever consider that !

Of course I did. It means at least one year of no GNR touring activity. Probably 2.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:51:20 PM by DCK » Logged
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1112 on: April 10, 2008, 02:48:55 PM »

I wish Robin would at least say something to the fans... He's been a member of this band for many years now and I for one would hate to see the guy go. If he does leave though, I wish him the best.

Maybe you guys are worried for nothing !! who knows maybe Robin hasn't said anything because he's NOT leaving Guns N Roses having you ever consider that ! why would be quit a band right when the album is coming out !! NIN is a big band but I wouldn't say its huge in popularity now a days so just sit back and enjoy the ride to Chinese Democracy.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1113 on: April 10, 2008, 02:50:58 PM »

They obviously haven't thought thru the rather good possibility we won't see any GNR tours in 2008, or an album IMO.

Buckethead wasn't replaced until 2006: The band toured in 2006 and 2007

The band hasn't had any line up changes during certain periods but that didn't get the album out.

I don't see why Robin's decision, whatever it is, automatically has to either prevent the album release or make it possible for GN'R to release it or tour.

Every bit of common sense I have tells me that when an important band member of a band potentially leaves or goes on a minimum 1 year hiatus, I would tell the fans. Regardless of what I know or can about of the situation.

Common sense tells me that you don't give your fans, who have already proved themselves being able to jump on your back if things don't go as planned, any updates until you're 100% sure.

/jarmo

Death Cube K
« Reply #1114 on: April 10, 2008, 02:54:10 PM »

I don't see why Robin's decision, whatever it is, automatically has to either prevent the album release or make it possible for GN'R to release it or tour.

If they wanna do tour then they can tour. They can bring in a guy tomorrow to learn all of Robins stuff for Chinese Democracy.

Problem being, you would tour the world in support of an album your guitarists didn't write one bit on. Hardly the best situation you could put yourself in.

Buckethead wasn't replaced until 2006: The band toured in 2006 and 2007

Apples and Oranges

Common sense tells me that you don't give your fans, who have already proved themselves being able to jump on your back if things don't go as planned, any updates until you're 100% sure.

So you leave them hanging for a week, two weeks or three weeks or even months. Hardly a better option if you ask me. If you're facing a potential hostile fanbase you're not giving out tentative release schedules either. If they're so eager to jump on your back you stay away from anything that could set them off.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:56:56 PM by DCK » Logged
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #1115 on: April 10, 2008, 02:56:48 PM »

Problem being, you would tour the world in support of an album your guitarists didn't write one bit on. Hardly the best situation you could put yourself in.

Bands do this all the time. If I listed every time a band toured an album with a different guitarist to the one on the record I'd still be awake when it was time to get up to go to work.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Death Cube K
« Reply #1116 on: April 10, 2008, 02:58:07 PM »

Bands do this all the time. If I listed every time a band toured an album with a different guitarist to the one on the record I'd still be awake when it was time to get up to go to work.

Name one band that have worked on an album for 10 years with the same guitarist, then released it and toured without him.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #1117 on: April 10, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »

/jarmo

So GnR' are not sure what Robin's plans are?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:01:06 PM by TrixAreForKids » Logged
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1118 on: April 10, 2008, 03:01:42 PM »

Touring bands and recording bands are sometimes one and the same
Don't you have a studio to crawl into for the next five years?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1119 on: April 10, 2008, 03:02:33 PM »

If they wanna do tour then they can tour. They can bring in a guy tomorrow to learn all of Robins stuff for Chinese Democracy.

First your posts are about the lack of updataes, then it's about there not being any tour or album in 2008 and now it's about how it's not goood if one guitar player featured on the album isn't touring with the band?

All of which I've explained to you or offered possible explanations.

What the hell do you want the band to do? There's more people in the band besides Robin you know.

What exactly is your point?

I mean, I've shown you how this all doesn't have to mean shit for GN'R's plans, but you keep dancing around the topic.

So you leave them hanging for a week, two weeks or three weeks or even months. Hardly a better option if you ask me.

At least you don't see anybody calling others liars.  Tongue

Hardly Axl's fault that a big part of the English speaking world don't have a dictionary to look up the definition of tentative.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: