Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:23:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 740250 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1140 on: April 10, 2008, 05:23:16 PM »

robinfinck.com has been updated with NIN tour dates now.  Nothing new.  He says he's thrilled to be touring with NIN, and at the bottom it says "More dates to come."  Guess we'll have to wait and see what that means...

No, I think if you read it properly you'll find that he says that he's thrilled to be playing with NIN.  Which obviously means that when Axl tells him it's time to come in for tea, he'll say goodbye to his playmates and rejoin the family.   Wink

sounds like richards
 "It was such an incredible honor to be asked to share their stage! This was an event that i will never forget. The last night especially was very magical and incredibly emotional. Hide was a star of such magnitude that nobody will ever fill the hole he left. It was an honor to be able to pay tribute to him." sorta ok
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:25:09 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1141 on: April 10, 2008, 05:25:03 PM »

not enough to clarify anything.

A week ago, his site had stuff about GNR and NIN... now it only contains NIN tour dates.

Well, he is currently revamping the entire site.

Ali
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1142 on: April 10, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »

robinfinck.com has been updated with NIN tour dates now.  Nothing new.  He says he's thrilled to be touring with NIN, and at the bottom it says "More dates to come."  Guess we'll have to wait and see what that means...

No, I think if you read it properly you'll find that he says that he's thrilled to be playing with NIN.  Which obviously means that when Axl tells him it's time to come in for tea, he'll say goodbye to his playmates and rejoin the family.   Wink

sounds like richards
 "It was such an incredible honor to be asked to share their stage! This was an event that i will never forget. The last night especially was very magical and incredibly emotional. Hide was a star of such magnitude that nobody will ever fill the hole he left. It was an honor to be able to pay tribute to him." sorta ok

Just shows what well-mannered lads they are!

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Festah
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1143 on: April 10, 2008, 05:28:13 PM »

sure it does not mean a lot, and may be just to help get visits but the new sites meta data still has gnr.

<meta name="keywords" content="robin finck, guitar, guitarist, musician, guns n' roses, guns and roses, gnr, nine inch nails, nin, official, robin fink">

Aug 02 - Leeds Festival
Aug 02 - London Docklands
May 06 - Rock in Rio V
Jun 06 - Hammersmith
Jun 06 - Donnington
Jun 06 - Paris
Jul 06 - Sheffield
Jul 06 - Newcastle
Jul 06 - Manchester
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1144 on: April 10, 2008, 05:28:50 PM »

im posting this again as it was deleted the first time....i don't know why........probably because it makes sense amd people dont like to face facts

Fact 1. We don't know if Robin is in/ out because Axl has not confirmed/ denied.

Fact 2. We don't know (for sure) if the album is done, because Axl hasn't personally said so. E

everything is hearsay with the band, EVERYTHING. we go on and on about we won't believe anything until axl actually says something.

facts are he doesn't say much = we know fuck alll about anything.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1145 on: April 10, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »

True
now it only contains NIN tour dates.

Well, he is currently revamping the entire site.

True. IMO, the old site could have hosted NIN tour dates just as well...  Huh
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1146 on: April 10, 2008, 05:30:41 PM »

sure it does not mean a lot, and may be just to help get visits but the new sites meta data still has gnr.

<meta name="keywords" content="robin finck, guitar, guitarist, musician, guns n' roses, guns and roses, gnr, nine inch nails, nin, official, robin fink">

...and all the GN'R related keywords are listed before the NIN keywords.  Difinitive proof that he'll be back, I think!   Wink
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1147 on: April 10, 2008, 05:32:08 PM »

I am sure you are right about that

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1148 on: April 10, 2008, 05:33:10 PM »

I'm happy that he'll be playing live again, but sad that there is even a slight chance of him leaving GN'R.

As I said I'll always support Robin no matter what he does.

For me he is one of the great guitar players of our time, I don't care what many people think.

It's just that I can't understand why would he be out of GN'R when CD will be released.

So, I'll remain optimistic and believe that it's just something for now and that he hasn't left GN'R.

Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1149 on: April 10, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »

daviebuckethead--I agree to a, er, degree... I am pretty convinced that the album is done, but I guess I would also like the gunsnroses.com site to confirm that as well.

When I tell my friends that the album is done, they say "yeah, right" "heard that before" "what makes you think that?"

It is easier to say "check out gunsnroses.com" than to say "well, uh, i'm on this board a lot, there's this guy named Jarmo, and this guy named Mysteron who we all sort of believe know the truth and I download these interviews with Sebastian Bach... yeah, the Skid Row guy...." etc

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1150 on: April 10, 2008, 05:34:04 PM »

...and all the GN'R related keywords are listed before the NIN keywords.  Difinitive proof that he'll be back, I think!   Wink

See you're catching on now; priorities, that's the key.  ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1151 on: April 10, 2008, 05:36:05 PM »

It's just that I can't understand why would he be out of GN'R when CD will be released.

released when? based on what?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1152 on: April 10, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »

Yes, 2008, Free Dr Pepper for Buckethead.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1153 on: April 10, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »

ok

/jarmo

Hopefully Dr. Pepper doesn't modify their offer to exclude Robin...  I'd hate for Axl to have to split his soda 3 ways...
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1154 on: April 10, 2008, 05:42:05 PM »

Guitar players are like painters. Once they paint their portrait they do not like being told to paint it again..And again.. And again..Hypothetically speaking of course. Like I said, Guns N Roses still has the same singer and that is ALL that matters

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1155 on: April 10, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »

So is that the official announcement for CD? Should we as fans expect CD BECAUSE of that statement?

so IF CD doesnt come out in 2008 and people whined that Axl said it would, your not going to refute that right?

I think we have heard similar statements in the past....."people will hear music this year" comes to mind

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #1156 on: April 10, 2008, 05:44:54 PM »

i just hope i get a soda. but its hard to stay positive...we're feeding off scraps of wild speculation at every level......

Its april and no sign of official promo, Robin is on tour till whenever, therfore photo's and band interviews performances with him in the band are out. if he is out that then means that they need to audition new guitar players and get them up to speed on th new music as well as the back catalogue, this will take time.

for the first time i dont htink 2008 will be the year

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1157 on: April 10, 2008, 05:46:23 PM »

Guitar players are like painters. Once they paint their portrait they do not like being told to paint it again..And again.. And again..Hypothetically speaking of course. Like I said, Guns N Roses still has the same singer and that is ALL that matters

I wouldn't make that broad, sweeping generalization.  Slash worked a lot on his lead parts on Appetite to make them as dynamic as Axl's vocals.  As an example.

If what you are saying were the case with Robin, that push to record a part different times with different variations, was something he should have damn well known was the case from his time in the late 90's with GN'R.  There is no reason to think that would change.

Ali
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #1158 on: April 10, 2008, 05:46:53 PM »

hey trent, does your avatar link to anything about you believing  this whole thing being a hoax

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1159 on: April 10, 2008, 05:48:54 PM »

i just hope i get a soda. but its hard to stay positive...we're feeding off scraps of wild speculation at every level......

Its april and no sign of official promo, Robin is on tour till whenever, therfore photo's and band interviews performances with him in the band are out. if he is out that then means that they need to audition new guitar players and get them up to speed on th new music as well as the back catalogue, this will take time.

for the first time i dont htink 2008 will be the year

I'm not necessarily very smart about music composition, but is that true?  If CD were released tomorrow and they started touring the next day, would they need three guitarists to play the music live, or could it be done with two, as bands have conventionally done in the past? 

PS...  I'm not being sarcastic, please someone answer this question seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: