Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:10:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 738586 times)
Death Cube K
« Reply #1120 on: April 10, 2008, 03:05:02 PM »

I mean, I've shown you how this all doesn't have to mean shit for GN'R's plans, but you keep dancing around the topic.

You might have shown me but I don't believe it. Call it experienced guessing.

My point is this is one step forward, two step back and the GNR ship just took a major blow.

What the hell do you want the band to do?

The band? Im not asking the band to do anything. They have a management to take care of things Im sure  ok

Hardly Axl's fault that a big part of the English speaking world don't have a dictionary to look up the definition of tentative.

You said the fanbase would be ready to jump on your back if things didn't happen as told, ergo, you don't give out tentative release dates. It's bound to give you shit if it doesn't happen. That's all. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:08:44 PM by DCK » Logged
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1121 on: April 10, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »

Guns N Roses could release CD in july !! but that doesn't mean they half to tour right away they could wait till summer of 09 !!! just because they release a CD doesn't mean their obligated to tour ASAP !!! im sure robin will do some NIN dates and when GnR is ready to tour he will come back.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1122 on: April 10, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »

My point is this is one step forward, two step back and the GNR ship just took a major blow.

That's something called "a guess" and it's not based on any facts because I suspect you don't have them.

GN'R didn't say anything so you assume the worst.

You said the fanbase would be ready to jump on your back if things didn't happen as told, ergo, you don't give out tentative release dates. It's bound to give you shit if it doesn't happen. That's all. Smiley

Yeah, the time he writes a letter explaining everything, he gets attacked for "lying" because things don't go as he hoped..

And you wonder why there's no other similar updates when things aren't 100% set in stone?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1123 on: April 10, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »

Bands do this all the time. If I listed every time a band toured an album with a different guitarist to the one on the record I'd still be awake when it was time to get up to go to work.

Name one band that have worked on an album for 10 years with the same guitarist, then released it and toured without him.
name one band that had worked on 4 album worth materials for 10 yrs and finally finished all the recordings and then didn't release an album.

basically why you want every band to do the same.
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1124 on: April 10, 2008, 03:36:16 PM »

An argument can be made that one guitar player does not make up an entire band. One singer does. Why all the worry about who is playing guitar when you have the same singer??? Isn't that what matters most?

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1125 on: April 10, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »

An argument can be made that one guitar player does not make up an entire band. One singer does. Why all the worry about who is playing guitar when you have the same singer??? Isn't that what matters most?

Not at all. There have been plenty of bands who have carried on without their original singer. Skid Row and Iron Maiden for two examples.

Guitarists can be replaced, but when it's your 3rd to leave and about the 7th to be involved with the album, it becomes a tad farcical.
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #1126 on: April 10, 2008, 03:44:59 PM »

Not at all. There have been plenty of bands who have carried on without their original singer. Skid Row and Iron Maiden for two examples.

Guitarists can be replaced, but when it's your 3rd to leave and about the 7th to be involved with the album, it becomes a tad farcical.
AC/DC is a pretty good example too.

GNR forever !!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1127 on: April 10, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »

Go and tell that to the nin forums.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1128 on: April 10, 2008, 04:07:28 PM »

Go and tell that to the nin forums.

Awesome !!! lol trent Reznor needs go worry about his new tour then post messages here all day.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1129 on: April 10, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »

It's not like Robin didn't have any number of outlets to say something/anything to his GNR fans HIMSELF.  He chose instead to let someone else mock us fans by posting his pic and welcome him back into their fold.

IMO, Robin doesn't deserve any respect for the way he's handled this.  no

Silliness.

yep. to point a finger knowing a fat lot is. the recordings were finished no tour was planned yet.
Prolly robin didn't think his own thing should be considered more important than another band members.

If anything it's trent stunt. The numbers of his GNR related pics tells me how much he's possessed/ concerned with chinese democracy. Once I even suspected he might well be a poster @ GNR fan forum. not by the name of trentrenznor for sure.

maybe he's waiting for axl's phone call as we speak, wanting to take part in the ride.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1130 on: April 10, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »

maybe he's waiting for axl's phone call as we speak, wanting to take part in the ride.

I like your thinking - perhaps he's kidnapped Robin and is holding him hostage in a cave at the beach (hence the wetsuit in the photo), and will only return him when Axl releases CD!  It's gotta be about as believable as some of the other suggestions in this thread.  Grin

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1131 on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:48 PM »

---------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Apr 6, 2008 9:47 AM

So is Robin gone?
He was great.
Or is he just on loan to NIN until Axl tours.
------------------------------------------------------

Only Robin knows what the hell he's doing.

Take care,

Del

Thankz or DAVE From CHD.COM

smoking smoking smoking

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1132 on: April 10, 2008, 04:53:59 PM »

that message has been posted already
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1133 on: April 10, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »

perhaps he's kidnapped Robin and is holding him hostage in a cave at the beach (hence the wetsuit in the photo), and will only return him when Axl releases CD!

again, damn dr pepper. they gave trent the idea. hihi

release robin, trent!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:00:15 PM by ppbebe » Logged
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1134 on: April 10, 2008, 04:59:36 PM »

robinfinck.com has been updated with NIN tour dates now.  Nothing new.  He says he's thrilled to be touring with NIN, and at the bottom it says "More dates to come."  Guess we'll have to wait and see what that means...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1135 on: April 10, 2008, 05:03:11 PM »

robinfinck.com has been updated with NIN tour dates now.  Nothing new.  He says he's thrilled to be touring with NIN, and at the bottom it says "More dates to come."  Guess we'll have to wait and see what that means...

Well, it is a world tour.

Bottom line, the site is not fully up yet.  It is just a front page right now.

Ali
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1136 on: April 10, 2008, 05:12:32 PM »

No, I think if you read it properly you'll find that he says that he's thrilled to be playing with NIN.  Which obviously means that when Axl tells him it's time to come in for tea, he'll say goodbye to his playmates and rejoin the family.   Wink

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1137 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:45 PM »

No, I think if you read it properly you'll find that he says that he's thrilled to be playing with NIN.  Which obviously means that when Axl tells him it's time to come in for tea, he'll say goodbye to his playmates and rejoin the family.   Wink

Yeah, that's an interesting interpretation Smiley  I wish I could share it Smiley

Ali
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1138 on: April 10, 2008, 05:15:24 PM »

Sorry, my bad . . .  obviously you have deciphered the correct meaning.   Smiley
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1139 on: April 10, 2008, 05:17:04 PM »

not enough to clarify anything.

A week ago, his site had stuff about GNR and NIN... now it only contains NIN tour dates.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: