Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:09:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure  (Read 65198 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2008, 03:29:10 PM »

People who were there are even saying that it was Slash trying to show Axl how he's right and how Slash pretty much thought Axl would come crawling begging him to come back.

I think I even heard Slash admit to something like this in one of the Marc Canter interviews. I was going to post but forgot.

As for this whole VR fiasco, it just shows how much Slash and Duff, but Slash in particular, have a lot more to do with the breakup of GNR than just Axl.

Look, we all know Axls antics, but he def does get too much of the blame for the breakup of the band. Slash is a phony. Look at his track record since GNR. Weiland is a poser too but Slash has to take blame because he hand picked the guy. I dont feel bad for him about his frontman issues.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 03:34:48 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »

As for this whole VR fiasco, it just shows how much Slash and Duff, but Slash in particular, have a lot more to do with the breakup of GNR than just Axl.

Exactly.

But instead it's all about "Slash is cursed"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »

Who cares why Matt was fired by Axl, does it make him any less of a drummer? And frankly, being fired was probably the best thing for him,

Not to mention how fucking great it was for GN'R!  ok

The band that spent time trying to convince us they were the last real dangerous and unpredictable rock band on the planet fires their singer for becoming just that, unpredictable.

/jarmo

hihi hihi hihi

U know I didnt even think about that

How dangerous, Sulk in a corner till your singer gets back with his old band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2008, 04:36:14 PM »

In the end, if you had to force him out, it proves he wasn't the best guy for the job.  But they still made some good music.  Maybe he was right at the time, but a mistake in the long run.  If he wasn't a mistake, he would still be in the band.

It was right as long as the money was rolling in.....

They didn't have to force him out.

They just waited until they had played the scheduled gigs before telling him. At that point he had already decided he wasn't gonna continue with them.

I think Matt was the only fucker (from the way he talks anyway) who had balls enough to try to stand up to Axl, and lost, in the end (fired, while the other 2 quit). 

He was unhappy about something and voiced his opinion. When asked if he would quit the band because he was unhappy, he said no. Then he got fired.

He's got balls?

Would you like to work with somebody like that?

/jarmo

So if your in a band you must like EVERY direction it takes. Thats the logic you've shown here. He didn't like something voiced his opinion , that doesn't mean you have to quit the band. Really it all boils down to Axl hates to be told he is wrong. You call us biased but it is very apparent that you are as well. You may not have to flatly say it but its there. Then people start saying it shows how Slash contributed to the GN'R break-up. It's sad its all there , Axl hates being told he's wrong. No matter what.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »

Axl hates to be told  he's wrong?

thats exactly my point

Slash and Duff never had the balls to tell him they thought he was wrong.

They basically sulked until they quit.

maybe if they werent so strung out and had better communication skills, they would've gotten a long better with Axl? and VR maybe wouldnt have broken up?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2008, 04:47:36 PM »

Axl hates to be told  he's wrong?

thats exactly my point

Slash and Duff never had the balls to tell him they thought he was wrong.

They basically sulked until they quit.

maybe if they werent so strung out and had better communication skills, they would've gotten a long better with Axl? and VR maybe wouldnt have broken up?

I know and Jarmo makes it seem as if Matt was attempting to "run the show" when he does stand up to Axl , which is just what he would have said of Slash and Duff or anyone that stands up to Axl. Point is they are damned both ways.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2008, 04:47:53 PM »

Then people start saying it shows how Slash contributed to the GN'R break-up.

Do you think he didnt?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2008, 04:50:08 PM »

Do you think he didnt?

How could he NOT? It's a band and they all did something to contribute to the issue. But I think some people really make it seem as if it was mostly his fault. I think Slash contributed to the break up but I honestly just think Axl contributed more to the situation. That is just my opinion. Obviously Slash contributed to the falling out of GN'R.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »

Agreed. I just think Slash had more to do with it then people think. And over time Axl has taking too much of the blame for it

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2008, 04:54:27 PM »

Agreed. I just think Slash had more to do with it then people think. And over time Axl has taking too much of the blame for it

A lot of people seem to ignore the fact that he was on drugs and booze and it's hard to work with people in that condition. He's reluctance to want to take part in songs rubbed Axl in the wrong way.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2008, 05:00:43 PM »

Do you think he didnt?

How could he NOT? It's a band and they all did something to contribute to the issue. But I think some people really make it seem as if it was mostly his fault. I think Slash contributed to the break up but I honestly just think Axl contributed more to the situation. That is just my opinion. Obviously Slash contributed to the falling out of GN'R.

Who contributed how much to the breakup of the original GN'R is really impossible to say without us having been there.  We've only really heard Slash's side of the story in any great depth any way.  Not Axl's.  The only thing that is more than likely true is that everyone contributed to the dissolution of the original band.  How much is completely subjective and unquantifiable.

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2008, 05:09:43 PM »

I never said Slash didn't operate correctly in a band, or incorrectly.  Like with anyone else in a band, Slash's history getting along with singers says that he may contribute to the situations not working out.  Which isn't to say that he's all to blame and that others are blameless.  Just that he shares in the blame.

Ali

---given the enourmous ego of Axl and Scott; it maybe they were resentful, jealous, threatended by the amount of adoration, publicity, popularity, respect etc that is always showered upon Slash......I mean they are the frontman and sound of their respective bands and hear Slash is stealing their thunder Tongue

This may be true in regards to Weiland, he obviously had an inferiority complex about the the GNR stuff

But it's an absurd statement about Axl.  There is absolutely no evidence that he was ever jealous of Slash, nobody close to the band has ever suggested it and none of the things Axl has ever said or done suggests that it was even an issue

Unless Axl rejecting Slash's work for the UYI follow up because he knew Slash was capable of much better is a sign of jealousy.  Get real.  Everyone knows that Axl always wanted Slash and everyone else in GnR to push themselves and maximize their talents, that's not the sign of someone afraid of getting shown up
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2008, 05:11:18 PM »

Do you think he didnt?

Who contributed how much to the breakup of the original GN'R is really impossible to say without us having been there.  We've only really heard Slash's side of the story in any great depth any way.  Not Axl's.  The only thing that is more than likely true is that everyone contributed to the dissolution of the original band.  How much is completely subjective and unquantifiable.

Ali

We have heard some of Axl's story, in the 2002 press release he basically said that Slash wasn't willing to work hard enough to take Guns to the next level.  Looking at the quality of Slash's output since leaving GnR pretty much corroborates Axl's story
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2008, 05:48:54 PM »

Do you think he didnt?

Ali

We have heard some of Axl's story, in the 2002 press release he basically said that Slash wasn't willing to work hard enough to take Guns to the next level.  Looking at the quality of Slash's output since leaving GnR pretty much corroborates Axl's story

Yeah, but Axl has never given his full side of the story like Slash, with timelines and real specifics as far as events and consequences.  I'd be very curious to hear that.  Maybe Del James can help him with his autobiograpy? Smiley

Anyway, to bring this back on topic.  I'm sure that Slash along with the others contributed to the demise of the original GN'R, just like I'm sure that Slash and the others contributed to the demise of Velvet Revolver.  Whether he sees it that way or wants to admit it is up to him.

Ali
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:54:22 PM by Ali » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2008, 05:57:15 PM »

So if your in a band you must like EVERY direction it takes. Thats the logic you've shown here. He didn't like something voiced his opinion , that doesn't mean you have to quit the band. Really it all boils down to Axl hates to be told he is wrong. You call us biased but it is very apparent that you are as well. You may not have to flatly say it but its there. Then people start saying it shows how Slash contributed to the GN'R break-up. It's sad its all there , Axl hates being told he's wrong. No matter what.

Oh there you are.

I'm sorry but I never saw your response to the question I asked about Slash still supporting Scott like you said he might.

Do you think Slash is gonna check on Scott in the near future? You know, support him even though he fired Scott, or claims to have fired him.....

How would you know anything about what Axl hates or doesn't hate?

Doesn't it seem somewhat ironic that both Axl AND Scott have had problems with this drummer?

Stop acting like Matt is innocent. The guy has admitted he had a major drug problem at the time. That probably helped his cause a lot too!

Let me get this straight, you're unhappy at your job. Your boss/manager knows you hate it and your so called loyalty is somewhere else.

You tell him how wrong he is and everybody knows it's not based on anything more than you wanting your friend back.

You think this would be the optimal scenario for that particular team/company/whatever?

I never claimed to be objective, I'm a GN'R fan. But you don't see me using the "I said a nice thing about X so it's ok for me to bash him/them" excuse either.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2008, 06:00:59 PM »

Oh there you are.

I'm sorry but I never saw your response to the question I asked about Slash still supporting Scott like you said he might.

Do you think Slash is gonna check on Scott in the near future? You know, support him even though he fired Scott, or claims to have fired him.....

How would you know anything about what Axl hates or doesn't hate?

Doesn't it seem somewhat ironic that both Axl AND Scott have had problems with this drummer?

Stop acting like Matt is innocent. The guy has admitted he had a major drug problem at the time. That probably helped his cause a lot too!

Let me get this straight, you're unhappy at your job. Your boss/manager knows you hate it and your so called loyalty is somewhere else.

You tell him how wrong he is and everybody knows it's not based on anything more than you wanting your friend back.

You think this would be the optimal scenario for that particular team/company/whatever?

I never claimed to be objective, I'm a GN'R fan. But you don't see me using the "I said a nice thing about X so it's ok for me to bash him/them" excuse either.

/jarmo

I'm not saying he is innocent at all. Comparing a band to a "job" or "company" is very different it's a band and it functions very different.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »

I'm not saying he is innocent at all. Comparing a band to a "job" or "company" is very different it's a band and it functions very different.

In some ways, sure.

But it's both essentially about working as a team.

That's why companies spend money and time on team building.....

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2008, 06:06:22 PM »

In some ways, sure.

/jarmo

Jarmo, I mentioned this a few weeks ago and you told me it wasn't important that you didn't have to be friends and all that to be a good band... but now its important... Interesting.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »

In some ways, sure.

/jarmo

Jarmo, I mentioned this a few weeks ago and you told me it wasn't important that you didn't have to be friends and all that to be a good band... but now its important... Interesting.

You can work well with someone on a team and not be friends with them.  Look at Shaq and Kobe, they disliked each other tremendously and won 3 titles together
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2008, 06:12:18 PM »

In some ways, sure.

/jarmo

You can work well with someone on a team and not be friends with them.  Look at Shaq and Kobe, they disliked each other tremendously and won 3 titles together

I said if GNR the band hung out more together we may not be wondering about Robin either....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: