Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:18:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 60274 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2008, 08:36:24 PM »

I meant the people he's playing with...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2008, 08:40:33 PM »

I do not have a problem with Slash if he likes being in the spotlight. I love the fact that he does interviews and is friendly with the media. Even when he is not necessarilly promoting something. That is actually an added plus.

Well your user name is Hudson so I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Wink

If you had a few million bucks laying around and you saw Slash selling his house... would you not love to buy his house.

Definitely. I'd buy it straight away and then sue his ass for not telling me about the lack of parking.....

hihi

As a matter of fact I thought it was cool to see his house and where he lives. Apparently I am not the only one because MTV happens to have a show where millions of people tune in each and every week to see celebrities show their homes to their fans, if you have not heard of it, its called MTV CRIBS.

Are all those houses for sale?

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2008, 09:23:19 PM »

Who knows maybe when CD comes out Axl will come out on CRIBS and show us his house. I would love for this t happen to see what those who criticized Slash would say then.

"WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE MOTHERFUCKER!"

but seriously dont hold your breath

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
suicide
VIP

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2008, 06:05:21 AM »

Nice post Hudson, I agree with you!!!
suicide
VIP

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2008, 06:21:20 AM »

once again what is the problem with that.

No problem.

Why do you have a problem with people pointing out the fact that he seems to love being in the spotlight?

Even when he's not got a new record, book, guitar, action figure or video game out.

/jarmo

Should Slash be hiding in the shadow like Axl? Why can't he do his own thing? I wouldn't mind to see more of him.
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2008, 08:49:58 AM »

No problem.

Why do you have a problem with people pointing out the fact that he seems to love being in the spotlight?

Even when he's not got a new record, book, guitar, action figure or video game out.

/jarmo

Should Slash be hiding in the shadow like Axl? Why can't he do his own thing? I wouldn't mind to see more of him.

I think Axl has maintained his integrity by staying in the shadows. It makes people actually give a fuck when he  does do something.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2008, 09:09:48 AM »

No problem.

/jarmo

It's not about Axl.

Stop trying to turn this around and answer the question.

Thanks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2008, 10:17:10 AM »

if you don't like being in the spotlight, don't even try to become a rockstar

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2008, 10:34:56 AM »

Maybe he's trying to keep himself in the limelight, knowing Axl (Gn'R) is going to drop Chidem, and tie up the music media for a while...VR is not in a good place right now, and a slight breeze could make them dust in the wind.  He could pull a Baz and start cashing in his chips for interviews/comments on Axl's work - use it to promo/piggyback his (VR's) new singer.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2008, 12:37:53 PM »

Who knows maybe when CD comes out Axl will come out on CRIBS and show us his house. I would love for this t happen to see what those who criticized Slash would say then.

"WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE MOTHERFUCKER!"

but seriously dont hold your breath
Watch the Estranged video, you can see his house all you want!!! Smiley

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2008, 03:11:09 PM »

I really want to know if Slash heard the finished product and if so who gave it to him?

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2008, 03:14:36 PM »

I really want to know if Slash heard the finished product and if so who gave it to him?

maybe he knows how to use utorrents?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2008, 03:25:05 PM »

he said someone gave it to him.

and thats what im wondering: did he just hear the leaks or did he hear the finished product?

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2008, 03:55:57 PM »

probably more Perla than him.

but I still think it's the "fnished product" he was talking about.
if fans like us can have 9 songs, someone like Slash can probably have the full LP at the same time...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2008, 03:56:40 PM »

and this has gone so far off topic it's unreal.

slash is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't when asked questions about GnR.

very unlikely

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2008, 04:02:40 PM »

I do not have a problem with Slash if he likes being in the spotlight. I love the fact that he does interviews and is friendly with the media. Even when he is not necessarilly promoting something. That is actually an added plus. I wish more celebrities would do that. However, I do have an issue when people criticize him and call him names because he compliments Axl and GNR. Once again he can never make fans such as yourselves happy.

If Slash would come out and say Axl is a fuckhead, new GNR sucks ass, and BBf is a shitty guitar player I would be the first to say Slash is talking shit and is a dickhead for saying shit like that. Additionally, I would look forward to Axl's response. But for him to come out and say hey the music is good and Axl is Brilliant. DUDE! What more do you want? according to some of you this is kissing his ass. If he would have said no comment, then he would be a pussy. And if he says it sucks, then he is talking shit. So once again what do you want him to say or do.

I think the appropriate reaction from us should simply be... that was cool on Slash's part period, no more no less.

By the way when CD comes out you know Axl will be asked the same questions as slash. What about VR? Have you heard their music? What do you think of their music? Have you talked to Slash? What about a reunion? Etc. And yes it will be annoying and yes Axl will be annoyed and so will the rest of the band.

With regards to Slash going on Ellen to sell his house. First it was smart BUSINESS. The real estate market is down and he was having trouble selling his house. What better way to go on a national show with millions of viewers to promote selling his house. If you had a few million bucks laying around and you saw Slash selling his house... would you not love to buy his house. Shit I would have loved to have bought the house he sold to Billy Bob Thorton with the Snakepit Studio.

The second point is that it is FUN! Slash invited ellen over showed her the house, played guitar and talked shit with Ellen, and had fun. Slash is a 40 year old man who has made millons of dollars and has millions of fans worldwide. Just like Axl, he does not give a shit what you and I think. He is going to do whatever he wants, and he probably knows or has met Ellen and she invited him on his show. So who cares. Maybe Perla loves Ellen's show and Slash said fuck it tell her to come over to show her the house to please his wife. You are going to say that after 20 plus years and after selling millions of records worldwide with three different bands and playing with the whos who in the music industry he is not cool because he went on the Ellen show to show his house. Please!

As a matter of fact I thought it was cool to see his house and where he lives. Apparently I am not the only one because MTV happens to have a show where millions of people tune in each and every week to see celebrities show their homes to their fans, if you have not heard of it, its called MTV CRIBS.

Slash is a two face SOB ! Axl is ten times the person Slash will ever be ! go read del james interview and that's the truth right there folks.  Its so F Clear to from watching him present a award at the worst VMA's I've ever seen.  Maybe him and T Pain can start a business selling top hat's.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2008, 04:26:04 PM »

go read del james interview and that's the truth right there folks. 

"Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel."

works for everyone, and in this case it's Del telling the story... and now you've read it, believed it and you won't hear any arguement to the contrary.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2008, 04:32:06 PM »

Slash appears at the VMAs and performs with someone and people can't stop taking the piss on here. Richard Fortus does the exact same thing and gets praised for it. Interesting.

He says something positive about GnR and still there's outrage! Poor ol' Slash can't win can he?  hihi

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2008, 04:38:05 PM »

ok first off Richard wasn't presenting a award he was playing Rhianna's band BIG DIFFRENCE !!!! and im sure about 2 percent of that crowd knew that Richard was playing up there.  Second of all this is the first time i've heard Del say anything about Slash ! and let me remind you.  Just because your guitar hero plays the same ol riff over and over again and looks like he did 20 years ago, doesn't mean he was telling the truth about Axl.  Let's put it this Axl wanted to go in a new direction and slash wasn't talented enough to do so.  Slash can say all the good things he wants about GnR HE AIN'T GETTING BACK IN.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2008, 04:43:40 PM »

ok first off Richard wasn't presenting a award he was playing Rhianna's band BIG DIFFRENCE !!!! and im sure about 2 percent of that crowd knew that Richard was playing up there.  Second of all this is the first time i've heard Del say anything about Slash ! and let me remind you.  Just because your guitar hero plays the same ol riff over and over again and looks like he did 20 years ago, doesn't mean he was telling the truth about Axl.  Let's put it this Axl wanted to go in a new direction and slash wasn't talented enough to do so.  Slash can say all the good things he wants about GnR HE AIN'T GETTING BACK IN.

rofl Slash plays with Fergie. Fortus plays with Rihanna. Oh I get it-its because they're different women!

Your 'guitar hero' (and I do like Fortus) is playing that 'not talented' Slash's riffs. Pot. Kettle. Black.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: