Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:27:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" starting to gain MAJOR steam.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" starting to gain MAJOR steam.  (Read 64825 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2009, 03:07:35 AM »

OK...SO...NOW WHAT GNR CAN DO TO IMPROVE SALES?....TOUR?...INTERVIEWS?...VIDEO?............THEY DONT SAY ANYTHIGN ABOUT A TOUR TO SUPPORT THE ALBUM AND THE BETTER VIDEO ONLY GOD KNOWS WHEN WE GONNA SEE IT. GNR WORLD IS SO WIERD  Huh

Re release the album when the Best Buy deal is up ! have two album covers, release the Better video, announce a tour, Axl interview's his way.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2009, 03:49:57 AM »

Re release the album when the Best Buy deal is up ! have two album covers, release the Better video, announce a tour, Axl interview's his way.

That would be cool, and change some songs on the new release.... all this together can make some changes in the poorly 'campaign' so far

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2009, 03:51:15 AM »

That would be cool, and change some songs on the new release.... all this together can make some changes in the poorly 'campaign' so far

and with 'change some songs' I mean: put some new/other songs on it....

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2009, 11:32:40 AM »

Isn't best buy small compared to walmart? Could be the recession hit them hard and tightened their budget.

Yeah they're small compared to Wal-Mart.  And probably more importantly, people going to Best-Buy are typically looking for electronics of some sort.  Outside of that, not much you can buy there.  But I can go to Wal-Mart, and buy bread, new pots and pans, an iron, a deck of cards, a shovel, some new fish for my aquarium (and an aquarium if I don't have one), charcoal, and Black Ice.  In other words, Wal-Mart puts Best Buy's foot traffic to shame.  Definitely would have been better for sales to go with Wal-Mart, and I'm sure they tried. 

But I wouldn't say that the recession is what killed the advertising campaign.  We were knee-deep in a recession when Best Buy and GN'R announced the exclusive in the first place.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2009, 12:56:46 PM »

Well, since he IS the leader of Guns N Roses and he (literally) promised us a massive campaign, a Better video etc, then it is very much fair to blame him.

He promised a massive campaign?

Even if he did, maybe it didn't start yet?

According to your logic, it's always fair to blame Axl. After all, he's in GN'R.

So he should be blamed for everything relating to GN'R.  Roll Eyes

There is only so much a record company can do in a situation where the artist decides to do nothing. 

Poor record company. They can do nothing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »

I just don't agree with the "it's Axl's fault" mentality of some fans.
There is only so much a record company can do in a situation where the artist decides to do nothing.

It's too bad really as the album is good.  Smiley

Haha. Record labels create whole personas and careers for people regularly. It's part of why they're all being put out of business. There's no reason why they couldn't have done more with this release.

As for the last comment; yes it really is too bad.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2009, 06:02:08 PM »

Well, since he IS the leader of Guns N Roses and he (literally) promised us a massive campaign, a Better video etc, then it is very much fair to blame him.

According to your logic, it's always fair to blame Axl. After all, he's in GN'R.

/jarmo

actually yes

Its like in Sports. when u are the QB or head coach, u get praise for the wins, but u take the fall for the losses.

If an NFL football team goes 0-16, they don't fire the popcorn vendor.

Its Axl's band, he gets the praise or blame.

Fair? Maybe not, but that's just how it works.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2009, 06:11:06 PM »

/jarmo

actually yes

Its like in Sports. when u are the QB or head coach, u get praise for the wins, but u take the fall for the losses.

If an NFL football team goes 0-16, they don't fire the popcorn vendor.

Its Axl's band, he gets the praise or blame.

Fair? Maybe not, but that's just how it works.

You can't be serious. You really believe that all that is required here is for Axl Rose to do interviews and all would be well? The label has done everything they can?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2009, 06:13:01 PM »

Axl is a miracle worker.

By going on MTV, ads will suddenly appear everywhere promoting the album, the record company will start working radio to get the single played etc!

By the way, that's sarcasm.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 06:16:16 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2009, 06:18:45 PM »

lets be real and a dude earlier hit the nail on the head. CD didn't sell well for 2 reasons mainly IMO

1.Best Buy is a little store but that is GNR and the label's fault because THEY chose that store.

2.lack of a huge crossover single.  Singles drive album sales and without that huge radio smash, u just aren't selling any records these days. Ask Kid Rock what having a smash hit can do for your album.  Do GNR have a crossover smash on CD? 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2009, 06:23:03 PM »

Do GNR have a crossover smash on CD? 

Yes.

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2009, 06:35:56 PM »

. You really believe that all that is required here is for Axl Rose to do interviews and all would be well?
No, but does that mean Axl shouldnt come out/go down fighting?

I dont think it was unfair for people to think that when CD was finally released that the band would be ready to go with videos, interviews, and late night/award show performances. And of course a tour. If gnr did all that and the album still didnt sell then atleast they went down trying.

D, the only song that might be a cross over hit is This I Love. I am surprised Better didnt take off. We all thought it would. This I Love could be the song that gets peoples attention. Other than that I dont think there is one.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2009, 06:40:02 PM »

Do GNR have a crossover smash on CD? 

Yes.

/jarmo

Jarmo, u gotta name it! U can't leave me hanging on the title

I honestly thought If The World would've been a perfect single. That song sounds like it has been a classic for 30 years.

Sorry has great potential

TIL i dont know............ Gets kind of repetitive

Prostitute maybe...............

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2009, 06:46:57 PM »

Jarmo, u gotta name it! U can't leave me hanging on the title

I think many of the songs could be hits.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2009, 06:48:08 PM »

Re Release with "Sorry" and an epic video would be massive.

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2009, 07:32:01 PM »

Look, I love Chinese Democracy. Sorry is one of my all time favorite GnR songs.  However, is re-releasing an album that undersold expectations already really an answer?
"hey, the album didnt sell what we thought it would, what do we do?"  "Uh, we could release it again, yeah thatll work"
Gone will be all the fanfare if CD finally seeing the light of day.  Gone will be the expectations from the public to hear it.   
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2009, 07:41:27 PM »

Look, I love Chinese Democracy. Sorry is one of my all time favorite GnR songs.  However, is re-releasing an album that undersold expectations already really an answer?
"hey, the album didnt sell what we thought it would, what do we do?"  "Uh, we could release it again, yeah thatll work"
Gone will be all the fanfare if CD finally seeing the light of day.  Gone will be the expectations from the public to hear it.   

Re-releasing an album with proper promotion might be one option.

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »

Or just promote the album thats already out. That might work too.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2009, 07:43:26 PM »

Since Axl claims that the version of CD that was released was not the version he anticipated, at least in terms of the booklet and layout, yeah it makes all the sense in the world.  

Kanye West re-released his new CD like 3 weeks after its initial release.  It helped his sales.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2009, 07:45:37 PM »

Or just promote the album thats already out. That might work too.
Since Best Buy already bought their copies upfront, I think they'll wait for the exclusivity to end before they re-issue the album the way Axl initially envisioned.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: