Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:12:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 122617 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #360 on: February 28, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »

So what was the point in this interview?

Clearly it wasn't talking about Chinese Democracy, so what was the deal?

Maybe he just felt like getting some things off his chest? Smiley

Talking of headlines: Guns N' Roses reunion? Axl Rose says heck no.  Cheesy

Here you are posting away... Obviously you don't care
Did I say I didnt care?

Discussing with you is like talking to a rock.

Jarmo....NO ONE CARES...that ship has sailed.

At least the rock (not the "actor") is consistent in its beliefs instead of flip flopping every hour.

Wanna talk about how Axl's not focusing on Chinese Democracy again? Oh wait, then you agreed that recording the album and actually releasing it requires the artist to focus on said album. But you said he wasn't....

rofl

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:48:11 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #361 on: February 28, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »

When U look at this whole thing . Well it's nice to see Axl fucking Rose doing interviews. U don't have to like or agree with everything he says , but as a fan It's nice to see the man doing these thing.

Hopefully he does more , then maybe some touring With the boys for CD( Which is a kick ass album)!!

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #362 on: February 28, 2009, 06:58:25 PM »

Jarmo, don't waste your time...Wink

Unfortunately, he has to.  Otherwise, the idiots would overrun this place and we would lose the one good place to post about Guns N' Roses.

Yours truly,
A-Fraud's Dirty Steroid Syringe, HTGTH personal adviser. 
Death Cube K
« Reply #363 on: February 28, 2009, 07:02:24 PM »

Maybe he just felt like getting some things off his chest?

And that was smart?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #364 on: February 28, 2009, 07:07:56 PM »

Gotta love people who knows how to run other peoples lives here...

ALways the same stuff.

When the album wasn't out, you guys were complaining about it.

When the album came out, you guys were asking when a dvd would come out, and when Chinese Democracy 2 was coming out.

When Axl doesn't give interviews you guys are begging him to do so.

When Axl DOES give an interview (and every time he does) you guys are whining about the fact that you don't like what he says!

One sentence is right for you.

GET ON BOARD OR FUCK OFF!

Jarmo, don't waste your time...Wink

That's exactly my feelings.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #365 on: February 28, 2009, 07:08:57 PM »

Maybe he just felt like getting some things off his chest?

And that was smart?

Smart for who?

Axl's always said what's on his mind.

There's not many other artists like that around.

Everybody is too concerned about their images and scared to offend a possible record buyer to do that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Death Cube K
« Reply #366 on: February 28, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »

Oh yes, he sure did.

Nope. Usually calling other people for "cancer" won't get you very far, professionally or otherwise.

He should learn from Duff and speak wisely and with care.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #367 on: February 28, 2009, 07:17:14 PM »

Well people are different. If Duff was in Axl's shoes, who knows how he'd react?

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #368 on: February 28, 2009, 07:22:46 PM »

Funny how people come here to defend Slash ! honest to god, the guy is a manipulator, liar, and is stuck in the 80's.  I prefer Robin's playing ! especially since he challenges himself to play diffrent.  Unlike Slash's recycled guitar riffs.  I believe everything Axl say's he wouldn't wait this long and just starting lying about this stuff.

I am sorry d ude but this shit is just ridiculous

Robin wrote one fucking song on CD

ONE fucking song in his entire life doesn't make him better than Slash. U do realize Robin makes his living in GNR mostly playing guitar riffs written by Slash right?

THat is the kind of nonsense that drives me crazy on GNR forums

Even if Slash is a liar and a piece of shit and all that, it still doesn't change the amazing stuff he wrote and did in GNR.

Shit, Robin has left Axl TWICE now, so why the hell does this guy who like I said, wrote one song on CD get a free pass?

Axl himself said that they were able to take the music further once Robin quit which basically is saying Robin isn't very good.

VR did have problems with Scott, but in Scott's last interview he said that he and Slash got a long great.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #369 on: February 28, 2009, 07:25:15 PM »

Oh yes, he sure did.

Nope. Usually calling other people for "cancer" won't get you very far, professionally or otherwise.

I've had my fair share of criticisms of Axl, but I will say this in his defense (not that he really needs my help, but whatever):

Axl has never spoken on this. Whatever his side is, it's a side that hasn't been told in 14 years. Maybe he feels now that his album is out, he can get these things off his chest. He's entitled to this.

As far as "getting somewhere professionally", well he has accomplished more than most artists ever will, so I really doubt he cares. He doesn't play that game. Whether you agree or disagree, he does what he wants, when he wants, doesn't mince words, etc. I respect that even if sometimes as a fan it frustrates the hell out of me.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #370 on: February 28, 2009, 07:36:46 PM »

Oh yes, he sure did.

I've had my fair share of criticisms of Axl, but I will say this in his defense (not that he really needs my help, but whatever):

Axl has never spoken on this. Whatever his side is, it's a side that hasn't been told in 14 years. Maybe he feels now that his album is out, he can get these things off his chest. He's entitled to this.

As far as "getting somewhere professionally", well he has accomplished more than most artists ever will, so I really doubt he cares. He doesn't play that game. Whether you agree or disagree, he does what he wants, when he wants, doesn't mince words, etc. I respect that even if sometimes as a fan it frustrates the hell out of me.

He has given many interviews.... A long interview in 1999 to Kurt Loader.  One to David Frike.  David Wild went to his house and heard some songs.  Interviews during 04 and 06.  Bill Board, Message Board Rants, and Del James.. That is more than "being silent for 14 years".
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #371 on: February 28, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »

I wish Axl would tell us specifics of what Slash is lying about. He just says very cryptic stuff

I'd like for him to say

Slash said this, this, this

Here is what really happened.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #372 on: February 28, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »

ONE fucking song in his entire life doesn't make him better than Slash.

Maybe to somebody else it does?

I don't care how many hits Jon Bon Jovi has written, I still think Mark Lanegan is a far better singer and song writer.

Even if Slash is a liar and a piece of shit and all that, it still doesn't change the amazing stuff he wrote and did in GNR.

Even Axl acknowledged that.

VR did have problems with Scott, but in Scott's last interview he said that he and Slash got a long great.

Yeah, they sure seemed to get along great when they weren't even talking to each other.  ok

I wish Axl would tell us specifics of what Slash is lying about. He just says very cryptic stuff

Every time I've done that, your friends in the VR section started posting about me.  hihi

He has given many interviews.... A long interview in 1999 to Kurt Loader.  One to David Frike.  David Wild went to his house and heard some songs.  Interviews during 04 and 06.  Bill Board, Message Board Rants, and Del James.. That is more than "being silent for 14 years".

Oooh, so now he's given "many interviews" Yet people like to point out how silent he is?

Could you explain that? Which one is it?

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #373 on: February 28, 2009, 08:10:11 PM »

Thats different Jarmo

Mark Lanegan is a talented singer/songwriter so if u want to say he is better. that is valid.

we are talking about essentially a career touring guitar player with one writing credit to his name.

I am sorry but that is just ridiculous.

Did u delete VR interviews that were negative about Axl back in the day? Cause to be honest, I haven't read a whole lot of VR interviews cause I don't remember nothing extremely over the top horrible. Certainly nothing on the "cancer" scale or insulting his talent.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #374 on: February 28, 2009, 08:28:16 PM »

Thats different Jarmo

Mark Lanegan is a talented singer/songwriter so if u want to say he is better. that is valid.

we are talking about essentially a career touring guitar player with one writing credit to his name.

I am sorry but that is just ridiculous.

It's about personal preference.

Not everybody rates a musician on how many songs he writes.

Certainly nothing on the "cancer" scale or insulting his talent.

Why do you keep repeating things that have been explained to you?

Did you ever think that it's probably not a matter of what words were used?

Wait, that makes no sense to you since I've kept repeating it over and over again. Just forget about it and go look for the cancer quotes from Slash.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:33:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #375 on: February 28, 2009, 08:31:56 PM »

i feel bad for Axl. he does care probably more than anybody. and he's living in the shadow of the old GnR. a shadow that includes a man he despises. a man who has had significantly more success than Axl since they've gone their seperate ways. it's gotta be tough for him to have to deal with that.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #376 on: February 28, 2009, 08:34:39 PM »

i feel bad for Axl. he does care probably more than anybody. and he's living in the shadow of the old GnR. a shadow that includes a man he despises. a man who has had significantly more success than Axl since they've gone their seperate ways. it's gotta be tough for him to have to deal with that.

Not everybody is ready to prostitute themselves for some fame.

If Axl is living in this so called shadow, so are the others. Haven't seen them produce anything that has had the effect GN'R had.

/jarmo

sandman
Legend

« Reply #377 on: February 28, 2009, 08:39:24 PM »

Not everybody is ready to prostitute themselves for some fame.

If Axl is living in this so called shadow, so are the others. Haven't seen them produce anything that has had the effect GN'R had.

/jarmo

absolutely true. and i have alot of respect for Axl in that regard. but remember, to ALOT of bands, exclusive deals with Best Buy is a total whore move.

my point is, it's easy to accuse anyone famous of "prostituting themselves."

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #378 on: February 28, 2009, 08:43:50 PM »

absolutely true. and i have alot of respect for Axl in that regard. but remember, to ALOT of bands, exclusive deals with Best Buy is a total whore move.

Oh yes, releasing music makes you the biggest publicity whore and sell-out ever!

Why didn't I think of that?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:49:03 PM by jarmo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #379 on: February 28, 2009, 08:56:22 PM »

Oh yes, releasing music makes you the biggest publicity whore and sell-out ever!

Why didn't I think of that?

/jarmo

jarmo, you can put words in people's mouths but it just hurts your argument. i'm not sure why my initial comment set you off since i was saying something really positive about axl caring more than most.

(just noticed you added a second comment to your previous reply, which i'll reply to here...)

of course the other members are living in that shadow. but they seem ok with that. they seem to embrace it. they recognize that something magical happened during that 6 or 7 year period that really connected with millions of people around the globe.

Axl didn't like living in the "shadow" of appetite in 1991! and now he's under a shadow far bigger than that one. and like i said, that shadow includes a man he despises.

and of course the other members haven't matched that success, but in the public's eye, they have done FAR more and FAR better than axl.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: