Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:44:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On The Del James Interview
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On The Del James Interview  (Read 62916 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2009, 01:52:05 PM »

So the people who are fans of slash, talking about slash, defending slash, in the EX-GUNNERS/VELEVET REVOLVER section are going to do the same are they not, because what he is/was apart of, means alot to them too.

So your answer is to get rid off the section?

I believe there are GN'R fans who are curious about what the former members are doing.

Obviously some of you seem to think that this is a Slash fan site because we have a sub section for his current band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2009, 01:55:42 PM »

Jarmo, you are just as bad as the slash defenders when it comes to defending Axl.

You only wanna see it your way.

Which is why you rejected the  "they're both full of shit" comment because it equally blames Axl as it does Slash.

My comment is not about saving Slashs image. I couldnt give a damn about Slash. Hes over-rated to fuck.

difference is Axl is in GnR, Slash is not, hasn't been for 13 years, and he's not even on the latest album.

I don't go to Slash boards and bash everything Slash does and talk about how much I love Axl.

U do that enough here in the VR Forum or Slash related threads hihi hihi hihi

this isn't a VR forum tho, its a GnR forum.   Just because there is a thread or a section for VR doesn't make this a VR site.

isn't there an offiical VR forum?  I think there is, and I'd bet there is a GnR section too. but I don't know because I don't go to it and troll.  That is all I'm sayin.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »

I know dude, I was just busting your balls. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2009, 05:56:08 PM »

So the people who are fans of slash, talking about slash, defending slash, in the EX-GUNNERS/VELEVET REVOLVER section are going to do the same are they not, because what he is/was apart of, means alot to them too.

So your answer is to get rid off the section?

I believe there are GN'R fans who are curious about what the former members are doing.

Obviously some of you seem to think that this is a Slash fan site because we have a sub section for his current band.

/jarmo
Sure go ahead. VR sucks and the only thing in this section is arguments anyway.

html sucks
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »

i could do with out a vr section Cheesy  i've been saying this for years.   ex-gunners is cool tho cuz I do like to keep up with what guys like Izzy, Bucket,and now Robin are up to..
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2009, 06:11:11 PM »

I wouldn't get rid of the section...It's a band related to most of the GNR members. If the band is basically done though I'd can it. We'll see what happens as far as them getting a singer.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2009, 06:41:11 PM »

so you are telling us the current lineup isn't GnR?

I mean it is what it is.   

That's not at all what I meant and, somehow, I think you know that.  Do I need to reiterate what I said in another way?    I feel like you just took everything I wrote and turned it right around to the opposite.   

give up trying to talk sense on this topic at this forum. me and several others have been trying for years, it just won't take with wome people.

carmiedisco12, you win the award for my favourite poster!

man, it must tear some of these hardcore 2009 GN'R fanboys to pieces to listen to something like Estranged when the solos come crawling up in the song, knowing that you hate the guy that plays it so intensely!

glad Im more of a musiclover than a hardcore dedicated fan and a politican in some ways.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2009, 06:54:53 PM »

I thought this was (well it used to be) more of an all emcompassing site.  A GnR site.  That includes a lot of people, including Slash, among others.      

Yeah, the focus is on today.

So if you have a problem with something like accepting this current band as GN'R, you might need another site. That's all.....

This issue seems to arise quite often among you confused Slash fans for some reason.

You seem to think that because Slash was in GN'R until 1996, we need to support all his actions. If that's the case, you might need a Slash fan site.

buckethead and robin finck aren't too. does it means we don't have to support chinese democracy ?

Whatever you say.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Jarmo I think you are missing the point.

The reason people on this site get annoyed at your comments is because you seem to have changing standards and biased views towards certain people in the band.

Eg:

Robin walked out of the band but we still support him in a positive way.

But

If anyone says anything positive about Slash they instantly get ripped about by bitchy comments.

It is just unnecessary. And a bit pathetic.

Slash says something.
Duff says something.
Axl says something.
Axl's manager says something.
Perla says something.

Etc

We have no firm evidence to show who is telling the truth 100% or who to believe. Even people like Del James can't be trusted as they have an agenda to stay in with certain camps.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2009, 07:01:41 PM »

if 10 people see something happen and you ask them to describe it, a few hours later you get 10 different responses.

now this has what 10 years between when it happened and now, and also alot of tension built up by the media. paraphrasing and editing interviews for their own goals.

it's a shame the 2 of them will never sit down and talk it out.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2009, 07:15:16 PM »

Slash barely even gave what you could call a response to this and it results in a 8 page thread.

That perfectly illuminates the true source of the entire 13 year debacle between Axl and Slash and the breakup of the old band.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 07:29:00 PM by Bridge » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2009, 07:47:46 PM »

if 10 people see something happen and you ask them to describe it, a few hours later you get 10 different responses.

now this has what 10 years between when it happened and now, and also alot of tension built up by the media. paraphrasing and editing interviews for their own goals.

it's a shame the 2 of them will never sit down and talk it out.

I absolutely agree. I think Slash in 2008 isn't the Slash from 1996.......... Axl, I am not sure of, but I think if they sit in a room for a few hours, they'd walk out being friends again maybe.

I've had all sorts of blowups with people that i swore I'd never speak to again and after talking it all changed.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2009, 07:59:01 PM »

man, it must tear some of these hardcore 2009 GN'R fanboys to pieces to listen to something like Estranged when the solos come crawling up in the song, knowing that you hate the guy that plays it so intensely!

The mistake you make, along with many other Slash fans, is that you assume too much.

Just because some of us find Snakepit and/or VR boring, doesn't mean we can't enjoy the stuff he did in GN'R.

We're GN'R fans, of course we like GN'R songs. I thought it was fairly obvious to most. But I guess to Slash fans it makes no sense!

So I don't get that kind of feelings listening to old GN'R materiel.

Does that upset you? That you can't at least get that kind of pleasure from us "fanboys".  rofl

We have no firm evidence to show who is telling the truth 100% or who to believe.

Too bad for you.

This is a GN'R site, we're on GN'R's side of the fence.

That's what support is about.

If you can't see the difference in how Robin has conducted himself compared to Slash, that's your problem, not mine.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:02:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2009, 08:23:21 PM »

Why do we have to be forced to have viewpoints? The whole point of forums is to argue about stuff and comment about recent happenings in the GnR world.

Seriously. I LOVE these arguments - right until people start bitching about the site, and the way its set up! We have a little bit of information from both sides, and then we each choose an opinion and argue it. Ideally, as a mod i'd expect Jarmo to tell us if we're doing it in the wrong section, or if we're spamming etc etc. But really he can do whatever he wants.

Right here, in the Ex-GNR section, I think, is where these arguments belong. And they're awesome until you start bitching about the site. Jarmo supports Axl, yet whenever he makes a point , you start criticizing the site - argue with his points like Smoking Guns did! Cos he makes some good ones..

even if he's wrong.. ok
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2009, 10:18:31 PM »

Thanks m_rated for the kind words.

Jarmo, you are a great fan of the current band and the GNR name and I really respect that.  And you don't need to explain your love for the old songs, that is something WE ALL agree on.  They are classic.  I wouldn't change a thing about them.  As far as Finck goes, I never got the idea he poured his heart and soul into GNR like Slash did.  In the end, he truly was more of a hired gun that quit the band twice during his tenure.  Say what you want about Slash, but he didn't leave GNR to go tour with Bush or something rediculous like that.  He stayed in GNR till he felt he couldn't do it anymore.  Robin stayed in GNR till a better gig came. 
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2009, 12:29:27 AM »

Robin stayed in GNR till a better gig came. 

and when that didn't happen settled for a terrible gig like NIN.

AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2009, 12:42:48 AM »

The irony for a "Gn'R" to say this...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2009, 12:49:58 AM »

i love how you slash fans slip in these robin jabs whereever you can, no matter how irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Anyone who would call NIN a terrible gig probably has their head stuck in 1987 and haven't the slightest clue.  Even if NIN isn't your thing, to call it a terrible gig is just ridiculously stupid.   I want some of what you are smoking.

Smoking Guns looks at everything with a very heavy Slash bias.  Look how he claims Slash stuck around until he couldn't anymore and makes it sound like Robin was only there for a paycheck.   You have no idea what you are talking about dude.   Then again you think Axl and Slash really love each other.  rofl

Notice how its the Slash fans who have the big obsession with reunions and such.   Modern day GnR fans in general do not care.    Who needs who again?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2009, 05:28:49 AM »

who needs who? both need eachother!! the main public in the rock world still would love to see them reunited, you cant twist that. Slash made his offers.....Axl refuses til death. so if it would be for the fans......Axl fails to respect this issue not Slash.

Re-Union time, baby!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2009, 07:11:34 AM »

I would love to hear Robin's side of the story, that is for sure. SOmething had to happen to piss him off though. U don't stick around a band for a decade and leave right when shit gets going.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2009, 08:37:58 AM »

NIN....is a really good gig though lol.

N hey , it was Robins original main band, perhaps he was happy to patch up with Trent n do something fresh. He'd been in GNR years, guess he wanted a change.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: