Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:22:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On The Del James Interview
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On The Del James Interview  (Read 62338 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »

haha, solid line-up? Finck just left, Jim Bob!! he is GONE! we all will....wait....or "have to" move on!!

Finck is my favorite guitarist, but in GnR he was 1 of 8.    7 out of 8 are still there.  87.5% of the touring band from 2007.   They are still solid and they have a new guitar player who looks promising.  ok

enjoy living with your head up 1987's ass!
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2009, 05:07:40 PM »

You shouldn't call it stupid because the reunion is a sincere dream of some people.  You shouldn't call anyone's dreams stupid.  It may be unrealistic but I don't think it's stupid.

But, if somebody thinks it's stupid, they probably have a good reason to call it that?

If somebody says "I'm not interested in that because I'm happy doing what I do now" and people still insist, you don't think it's a bit stupid, not to mention disrespectful?

actually i'm glad he did spoke out about this issue even if it makes some people happy and destroys hopes and wishes from many others

Destroys hopes and wishes? Yeah, you forgot to add the word selfish. Destroys some peoples' selfish hopes and dreams.

"to please a bunch of people who are never happy anyway" is a totally subjective but offensive assumption by you i wouldnt rate any worth to discuss.

It's a fact.

I thought you were interested in listing facts....  rofl

Offensive? Hardly.

Prove the fact wrong then. There's a bunch of GN'R fans who will never be happy. There's always something they want differently.

Are you saying all they don't exist?

/jarmo

Who exactly is insisting that he reunites with the other fellas?  I see alot of "I hope they reunite" or "It would be nice to see" for the most part.  I for one would love to see them reunite, but I am more than happy if they don't.  It would never live up to the hype anyway. 

I don't think hoping and dreaming about it is selfish per se.  Demanding there be a reunion is selfish but no one here is even any type of position to demand anything from any of the boys.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2009, 05:11:38 PM »

It is stupid.   Guns N' Roses has a perfectly capable and solid lineup.    Do you like it?  If so, then stop worrying about reunions.  Do you not like it?  Fall off the face of the earth please.  Smiley   

Solid as in musically solid maybe.  Not foundationally solid.  Every time we see them touring someone is being replaced.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »

Why is it out of line to call a reunion, that's aimed to please a bunch of people who are never happy anyway, stupid?

that was your quote we're discussing, i am not twisting any of it. "who are never happy anyway" in this quote isnt connected to GN'R directly, it more comes as it can be seen as general unhappiness you were implying to. and thats what is falsified allready. yeah, off course later "GN'R" is added in there and i doesnt have the wide general meaning of happiness anymore. but factly the bands' name isnt within your original quote. so thats were the misunderstanding started, you meant it to be GN'R related but it can be seen differently.
but even if now seen as only being GN'R related your quote is misleading as the main subject can also be seen from at least 2 main perspectives. do you mean any GN'R reunion would be stupid or only if it happens for the reason to please unhappy GN'R fans?
and actually the "bunch of people" wanting to see an Slash/Axl reunion is a pretty big one!

eh, Jim Bob, the new EMO looking one will have to prove himself live first before judging his role in Axl's band.

enjoy living with your head up 2001-07 ass!  ok

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2009, 06:11:43 PM »

that was your quote we're discussing, i am not twisting any of it. "who are never happy anyway" in this quote isnt connected to GN'R directly,

Jesus.

You're telling me that it's not about GN'R when the topic at hand is a GN'R reunion and I even explained the meaning to you?

So even though I explained to you what I meant, you're still interpreting it your own way? Maybe you should type my posts for me since you know what I really mean?

do you mean any GN'R reunion would be stupid or only if it happens for the reason to please unhappy GN'R fans?

I don't think I said that.

I think I said that I can understand why it would seem stupid to some. Because one guy is not into the idea and still talking about it every other week can be seem as stupid by people.

Because I didn't agree with your comment that calling it stupid was "out of line".  ok

I don't have an opinion on a reunion, so I can't tell you if I think it would be awesome, amazing, cool, great, spectacular, stupid, silly,  magnificent, pointless, idiotic or something else.

enjoy living with your head up 2001-07 ass!  ok

Don't worry about Jim Bob.

I'm sure he's a big boy and he can take care of himself.

You just go watch those bootlegs of the old band and cross out another day in the calendar when the reunion didn't happen.

Wink

By the way, what happened to your "Thanks for the European tour 2006" text under your avatar?

That was a nice touch. Showing gratitude to the band, nice support.  ok

/jarmo

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:18:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2009, 08:27:11 PM »

I would love to hear Robin's side of the story, that is for sure. SOmething had to happen to piss him off though. U don't stick around a band for a decade and leave right when shit gets going.

my thoughts exactly and he does get a free pass for leaving the band twice compared to other members
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »

Quote from: Axl
Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2009, 10:05:28 PM »

"to please a bunch of people who are never happy anyway" is a totally subjective but offensive assumption by you i wouldnt rate any worth to discuss.

It's a fact.

I thought you were interested in listing facts....  rofl

Offensive? Hardly.

Prove the fact wrong then. There's a bunch of GN'R fans who will never be happy. There's always something they want differently.

Are you saying all they don't exist?

/jarmo

That's his favorite cop-out. Go through his posts, and I guaren-damn-tee you'll find him use that same line at least a dozen times in the last month.

It's pure systematic denial. As soon as his reunion wishes are shown to be baseless, he whines and runs away like a dog with his tail between his legs.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »

Quote from: Axl
Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.

You know he was responding my comment/question in that above quote.  I just don't like to see people not forgive each other.  I don't like to see people hate each other for the rest of the their lives over basically petty stuff.  They should be grateful to be alive.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:42:32 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2009, 10:38:57 PM »

It is stupid.   Guns N' Roses has a perfectly capable and solid lineup.    Do you like it?  If so, then stop worrying about reunions.  Do you not like it?  Fall off the face of the earth please.  Smiley   

Solid as in musically solid maybe.  Not foundationally solid.  Every time we see them touring someone is being replaced.

The music is what matters.   The ever-changing lineup has always been the deal, and it probably always will be.  

There is the core of Axl/Dizzy/Tommy/Chris who have been at this for a decade+ and Robin was there just as long.    Richard and Ron have already proven to be excellent guitarists and while Finck played more leads than either of them, DJ has great chops, and now and perhaps Richard and Ron will get to step up and shine more.   Brain and Frank are both excellent, I think the band is a little tighter with Frank, but Brain has better techincal skill.. I'm happy with either one.   This is my favorite band..

Look at videos of Ron with the band that first night at the Hammerstein in 2006.  And then look at one of the last shows from the tour in Japan.    

Yes the players taking the songs on the road might not be all the same guys who recorded them, but isn't going to a live show more about enjoying music and the show?   Axl is at the helm, always will be.. so the way I see it you can do one of two things.   Either accept the facts and support the band and go see them on tour and buy the albums.. or find another band, theres loads of good music out there.   What good is pissing and moaning about things you can't change??  
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2009, 01:10:42 AM »

The music is what matters.   The ever-changing lineup has always been the deal, and it probably always will be.  

There is the core of Axl/Dizzy/Tommy/Chris who have been at this for a decade+ and Robin was there just as long.    Richard and Ron have already proven to be excellent guitarists and while Finck played more leads than either of them, DJ has great chops, and now and perhaps Richard and Ron will get to step up and shine more.   Brain and Frank are both excellent, I think the band is a little tighter with Frank, but Brain has better techincal skill.. I'm happy with either one.   This is my favorite band..

Look at videos of Ron with the band that first night at the Hammerstein in 2006.  And then look at one of the last shows from the tour in Japan.    

Yes the players taking the songs on the road might not be all the same guys who recorded them, but isn't going to a live show more about enjoying music and the show?   Axl is at the helm, always will be.. so the way I see it you can do one of two things.   Either accept the facts and support the band and go see them on tour and buy the albums.. or find another band, theres loads of good music out there.   What good is pissing and moaning about things you can't change??  

But the show is also about the players and enjoying them.  For the most part people are going to shows to not only hear the music but see their musical "heroes" or whatever you want to call them.  If it was just about listening to the music then they would stay at home and listen to it on their stereo or what have you.  People want to see their rockers rocking out but there is no one besides Axl that anyone can become emotionally attached to.  I know going to a GNR show that Axl is the main guy and thats why I pay the ticket price.

At least that's been my experience of the live shows I went to of whatever band it is.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2009, 01:41:13 AM »

People want to see their rockers rocking out but there is no one besides Axl that anyone can become emotionally attached to. 

I disagree.   Axl is the biggest draw, always has been, always will be.  But you are completely discrediting the rest of the guys in the band.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2009, 02:02:43 AM »

People want to see their rockers rocking out but there is no one besides Axl that anyone can become emotionally attached to. 

I disagree.   Axl is the biggest draw, always has been, always will be.  But you are completely discrediting the rest of the guys in the band.

I'm not saying they suck.  I'm saying the general public doesn't know them and if it's always a revolving line up they never will.  We will by virtue of being fans and following the band.

And yeah Axl has always been the biggest draw but not the only draw, yet right now he is.  If they can keep a great band intact now and with hopefully future releases then that should change if the music is great. Then the people that really want a reunion should become smaller.

At least that's my personal view on it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2009, 02:11:15 AM »

reunion is not an option.    death before reunion.   so anyone wanting that is wasting their wishes.    like it or not.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2009, 02:21:26 AM »

reunion is not an option.    death before reunion.   so anyone wanting that is wasting their wishes.    like it or not.

Missed the point.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2009, 04:25:19 AM »

I guess you didn't notice that Axl isn't motivated by the success?

He says he's not interested, why not respect it and move on with your own life instead of trying to condemn others to reunions they want no part of.

/jarmo

HAHAHA!  Come on!  Axl not motivated by success!  Then why the hell did he try to perfect an album for 15 years!  And why is he going on a "stadium tour"?  Surely on the tour he is going to try and make Nu GNR more popular by playing the old material.  I think you've got this the wrong way around.  Slash and Duff are happy to just go out and play.  Axl IS motivated by success.  I guess he still thinks Guns n Roses are a big deal in 2009.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
elmir
VIP

« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2009, 04:42:39 AM »

after all the confirmations in the world...some still believe that a full blown reunion is going to happen?
unbelievable...even Steven Adler gave up in it...and if he did...then we know its a terminal prospect... hihi
why are we simply not happy with the fact that all of them are still alive...firstly...and secondly...still active in the music world..?

in this day and age of boring music and no excitement in rock whatsoever, Axl Rose is keeping us all entertained and hooked onto his brand of rock the way he always has been doing....nothing new there...

Axl Rose and his revolving door scheme, although not very popular with most has provided us with some bad ass artists to start being fans of...bucket, robin, brain, ron....these are all virtuoso's in their field and i am glad we had the opportunity to see them in action next to the best front man out there...that alone is kickass...

can you even imagine a reunion show?

no one would be focusing on the music...everyone would be watching how Axl reacts to Slash on stage, is Duff comfortable, on whose side of the stage is Izzy on...and so on....we'd all be focused on how uncomfortable they're feeling with each other....and then we'd take them apart the next day because it wasn't what we expected it to be....a reunion is a very bad idea...the music would suffer...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2009, 09:12:32 AM »

no, Jarmo, we were talking about facts, remember? re-read your own exact quote and you can see where the misunderstanding started. you are the one giving room for interpretation there. fact  Smiley

as for my "Thanks for the European tour 2006" text under my avatar.....its gone for some weeks, thought that about 2 years of thanking was enough. i "moved on", ya know? not living in 2006 anymore Wink  but find the new avatar GN'R quote realistic these days. off course it might change any day, exspecially IF Axl + back up band surprises me some more again live or with new releases.

and please stop posting your assumpted little personal attacks about me and/or others as if i'd watch the classic-line-up dvds day in day out all the time. the idea gave me a good laugh though   hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2009, 09:53:01 AM »

You sound like a kid who wants his parents back together eventhough they divorced 13 years ago, and have both moved on in life and found happiness.

If Slash and Axl have both found happiness, and yet you've still got your panties in a bunch because you can't have what you want, what's that say about you?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »

Slash is currently starting recording his solo album with josh Freese on drums!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: