Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:38:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Mentor American Idol Rock Week
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Mentor American Idol Rock Week  (Read 68567 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2009, 05:13:57 PM »

Who is Keri Kelli?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keri_Kelli

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2009, 05:44:27 PM »

Should I watch to see how lame this is going to be, or should I pop 8 Ex-Lax tablets at once?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2009, 07:13:24 PM »

From Rolling Stone... Undecided

As for American Idol?s Rock Week, Velvet Revolver?s Slash will tutor the four remaining contestants ? and possibly audition new VR frontpeople ? plus the reunited No Doubt will perform.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2009, 02:05:26 AM »

KERI KELLI To Perform With SLASH On 'American Idol' - Apr. 30, 2009

Keri Kelli (ALICE COOPER, VINCE NEIL, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, SKID ROW, WARRANT, RATT) will join VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash for next week's "mentor" appearance on "Rock Week" on "American Idol". Slash wrote on his Twitter account, "I'm going to attempt to make 'Rock Week' on 'American Idol' exactly that."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=119176

I don't care who he plays with or what he does as long as it's not Kelly Clarkson, because then I'll have lost my bet with Jim Bob.   hihi

hihi This thing next week is moving you pretty damn close to losing that bet  hihi

I'm gettin' a little nervous...... nervous

This just might end up being a good AI week.  I never watch it and still won't as I'm at work in the evenings.  I think it's also great that No Doubt will perform.  I love Gwen Stefani.  We'll have to wait and see what happens......

As for anyone thinking it's horrible for Slash to do this....didn't Brian May once do this?  Just a question.   

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2009, 08:08:47 AM »

KERI KELLI To Perform With SLASH On 'American Idol' - Apr. 30, 2009

Keri Kelli (ALICE COOPER, VINCE NEIL, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, SKID ROW, WARRANT, RATT) will join VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash for next week's "mentor" appearance on "Rock Week" on "American Idol". Slash wrote on his Twitter account, "I'm going to attempt to make 'Rock Week' on 'American Idol' exactly that."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=119176

I don't care who he plays with or what he does as long as it's not Kelly Clarkson, because then I'll have lost my bet with Jim Bob.   hihi

hihi This thing next week is moving you pretty damn close to losing that bet  hihi

I'm gettin' a little nervous...... nervous

This just might end up being a good AI week.  I never watch it and still won't as I'm at work in the evenings.  I think it's also great that No Doubt will perform.  I love Gwen Stefani.  We'll have to wait and see what happens......

As for anyone thinking it's horrible for Slash to do this....didn't Brian May once do this?  Just a question.   

I don't know if Brian May did the show or not.  My main problem with this whole thing isn't necessarily about Slash doing the show, it's more that this is what we've come to.  Slash, and many other respected acts, are choosing to go on this god forsaken show because it's a monster.  It gets huge ratings.  I wish it would've died by now but it doesn't appear it's going anywhere and it's gained more and more respect in the music world, which is what I don't understand.  I just don't like the show, plain and simple.  Then again it really doesn't affect my life one way or the other so Slash could become a judge on the show and I could care less.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2009, 11:39:45 AM »

The show started as Pop Idol here in the UK years ago, the man behind all of these shows is Simon Cowell and regardless of what you think of him or the music he pushes, as far as business goes this man is a fucking genius and knows exactly what he is doing.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »

From Slash @ Twitter...

I had rehearsal for AI late last night, I mentor the kids this afternoon. Iiii||; )

about 4 hours ago from txt

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2009, 04:26:35 AM »

$la$h.....

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2009, 10:02:49 AM »

From Slash @ Twitter...

I had rehearsal for AI late last night, I mentor the kids this afternoon. Iiii||; )

about 4 hours ago from txt

Those AI kids can sing their asses off, especially Adam. #fb
about 14 hours ago from txt
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2009, 06:37:12 PM »

$la$h.....

Man, if Slash liked so much money, he woud stayed in Guns n' Roses, remember that HE quit. What wrong if people cares about hi and invite hime all the time whatever. Slash is an artist, as long as he being involved on Rock issue, it's everything fine.

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2009, 09:46:36 AM »

SLASH To Be Joined By ROB ZOMBIE Drummer, Ex-JANE'S ADDICTION Bassist On 'American Idol' - May 4, 2009

Keri Kelli (ALICE COOPER, VINCE NEIL, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, SKID ROW, WARRANT, RATT) will join VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash for this week's "mentor" appearance on "Rock Week" on "American Idol", the annual reality show and singing competition. Keri says, "The show will air rehearsal footage with all four remaining contestants Tuesday, May 5 and we will perform live on Wednesday night! Joining us will be Cooper alumni, drummer Tommy Clufetos [also of ROB ZOMBIE], and bass legend Chris Chaney [JANE'S ADDICTION]."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=119367

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »

I truly laugh at people who act like Slash is so absorbed with money that is all he cares about

what has he done exactly for money that other artists including Axl haven't done?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2009, 08:15:40 PM »

that ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD-sK7B9tjU

or that ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqv9Z6W4nCY

but he's doing that just to keep himself busy, not for money.....

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »

that ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD-sK7B9tjU

or that ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqv9Z6W4nCY

but he's doing that just to keep himself busy, not for money.....

why is it ok for star athletes to do commercials w/out criticism but for rock stars, they are money hungry sell-outs that are the cause of all the worlds evils?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2009, 09:23:19 PM »

People don't realize that Slash once he left GNR was basically starting over and had to promote himself to build his name and own brand up. without that GNR umbrella, doors are tougher to open

Its funny how everyone is allowed to make money except for rock legends. Its like people expect him to sit in the house and do nothing just to protect some bullshit "legacy" or what not. Regardless of what he does, he will always be an icon and one of the greatest guitarists ever.

I'd rather have a band sell out a little, but I can enjoy them, than have a band like Pearl Jam who may have integrity but because they don't want their fans paying 10 extra bucks for service fees, dont play venues therefore the fans can't see them.

I mean, I'll pay the 10 bucks as long as I get to see my fave band. I'd rather do that than not see them at all. how about PJ knock 10 bucks off their ticket price if they are so concerned.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2009, 10:31:17 PM »

Once Slash starts doing commercials for Target and Duracel batteries like Jon Bon Jovi, his posters are coming down.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »

Jon pulls that shit off somehow. He has a way of doing shit without it seeming as sell outish

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2009, 06:02:10 AM »

People don't realize that Slash once he left GNR was basically starting over and had to promote himself to build his name and own brand up. without that GNR umbrella, doors are tougher to open

Its funny how everyone is allowed to make money except for rock legends. Its like people expect him to sit in the house and do nothing just to protect some bullshit "legacy" or what not. Regardless of what he does, he will always be an icon and one of the greatest guitarists ever.

I'd rather have a band sell out a little, but I can enjoy them, than have a band like Pearl Jam who may have integrity but because they don't want their fans paying 10 extra bucks for service fees, dont play venues therefore the fans can't see them.

I mean, I'll pay the 10 bucks as long as I get to see my fave band. I'd rather do that than not see them at all. how about PJ knock 10 bucks off their ticket price if they are so concerned.

D, I agree with EVERY SINGLE WORD you wrote!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2009, 08:41:16 AM »

Once Slash starts doing commercials for Target and Duracel batteries like Jon Bon Jovi, his posters are coming down.

So commercials for VW are okay? As much as it pains me to say it Slash is a Sell Out.
 Cry

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2009, 08:55:39 AM »

What constitutes a sell-out? If he wants to do it he isnt a sell out. If he is forced to do it for fortune and fame he is. Last time I checked he made his fortune and fame being in one of the best, genuine rock n roll bands ever. I hate the term sell-out, people have no idea what it means
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: