Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:47:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?  (Read 179726 times)
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2009, 03:54:20 PM »

The music isn't the problem.  It's PR.  Green Day are big because they are easily marketed.  GN'R are neither easily marketed (not since 1992 anyway) and in fact fail to even attempt to market themselves by not even playing gigs.  The poor reception outside of the fans is due to bad or no PR.  In fact GN'R have even done a good job at alienating the fans never mind the doubters!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »

The music isn't the problem.  It's PR.  Green Day are big because they are easily marketed.  GN'R are neither easily marketed (not since 1992 anyway) and in fact fail to even attempt to market themselves by not even playing gigs.  The poor reception outside of the fans is due to bad or no PR.  In fact GN'R have even done a good job at alienating the fans never mind the doubters!

You make valid points but you also need some info for PR to market you. I think a definitive statement has to come out saying who's in the band. Finally say This is My Band rather than give dismissive statements. I think the band members deserve that. They deserve to be recognized for there contributions. The reunion rumors and speculation will always exist until they make some sort of definitive statement regarding the band.
Anywaythewindblows
Opening Act

« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »

The reunion rumors and speculation will always exist until they make some sort of definitive statement regarding the band.

I thought Axl was pretty clear about the reunion thing in the last interviews, weren't those some kind of definitive statements?  Huh

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »

The reunion rumors and speculation will always exist until they make some sort of definitive statement regarding the band.

I thought Axl was pretty clear about the reunion thing in the last interviews, weren't those some kind of definitive statements?  Huh

His answer on who was in the lineup was pretty vague in that interview. What im saying is that someone should come out and say who is in the band right now. Promote this lineup as GNR. Let the world know who is in the band. Till they do this im sure the speculations about reunions will always be around.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2009, 05:10:32 PM »

Till they do this im sure the speculations about reunions will always be around.

Well, that's up to the speculators if they want to waste their lives speculating about a reunion when Axl has said in plain English that it ain't happenin'.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2009, 08:38:55 PM »

Save for the die hards like us most people around the world still think that the old members are still in the band.

Anyone who thinks that doesn't know who are the old members, I imagine.

not always..there are just casual rock fans out there, the ones in their 30's and 40's who have kids and a busy life who can't keep up with the band like we do.  They just ASSUME that Slash is in the band since it has the name Guns N Roses on it.  These are also the same people who have no idea "Chinese Democracy" came out. The amount of people I meet who have no idea the album even came out is disturbing... Huh
dude, let me tell you that ur damn wrong bout that, Im in my 30's work 2 jobs and I exactly know whos in the band, and pretty much lot of my friends do, I have a 15 year old kid whos a fan also, he and hes friends love GNR and love Cinese Dem, but they dont knwo exactly whos in the band, and is not theyr fault, the band is changin members every now and then, been times when even we didnt know whos in the band!....
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »

He also saID IN THE SAME INTERVIEW that a better video was coming out in a few weeks. That was also pretty clear. Huh
Anywaythewindblows
Opening Act

« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »

He also saID IN THE SAME INTERVIEW that a better video was coming out in a few weeks. That was also pretty clear. Huh

So you're comparing a plan that didn't work out for reasons you absolutely ignore with a solid desire, right?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »

So you're comparing a plan that didn't work out for reasons you absolutely ignore with a solid desire, right?

Hahaha. Good point!

Some people......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #289 on: June 20, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »

that "never say never" group, will they ever go away?

I think Axl's desires have been stated in the most straightforward terms.   Shouldnt' even be a discussion anymore.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2009, 07:18:48 PM »

that "never say never" group, will they ever go away?

I think Axl's desires have been stated in the most straightforward terms.   Shouldnt' even be a discussion anymore.
not saying it would happen...but theres always a chance. He can change his mind tomorrow. He his human. Might wake up one day and say fuk it...who knows.

With Axl, anything is possible

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »

I am definitely a never say never person.

I accept what Axl is doing and I support it, but since RIR III he went from hating everybody to now only hating Slash. So in my mind, that is still progress.

Who ever thought he'd want to collaborate with Duff?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »

Its always the same.  These "reasons" that no one ever knows. How can I ignore reasons, when I dont even know what they are? With solid desire? The only thing I desire is for my favorite front man to keep doing what I believe he does best. entertain people.  Last I read, it had something to do with Lars?  Whatever!  All I was saying was he said 2 things. The video was coming, but never did.  Sorry, but I see things in life pretty simple, if Axl wanted a video for better, we would have one. Its really not that hard, bands do it everyday. So my point was< He said he video was coming, it never did.  The reasons really dont matter.  He also said a renuion would never happen, but again, since the fans never really get reasons (solid facts) for anything this band does, it really would not be a big surprise.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 09:31:15 PM by freddiebrph » Logged
Anywaythewindblows
Opening Act

« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2009, 09:56:14 PM »

Its always the same.  These "reasons" that no one ever knows. How can I ignore reasons, when I dont even know what they are? With solid desire? The only thing I desire is for my favorite front man to keep doing what I believe he does best. entertain people.  Last I read, it had something to do with Lars?  Whatever!  All I was saying was he said 2 things. The video was coming, but never did.  Sorry, but I see things in life pretty simple, if Axl wanted a video for better, we would have one. Its really not that hard, bands do it everyday. So my point was< He said he video was coming, it never did.  The reasons really dont matter.  He also said a renuion would never happen, but again, since the fans never really get reasons (solid facts) for anything this band does, it really would not be a big surprise.

Well, you might feel Axl has cheated you, but as much as I'd love to see the Better video, it is something that it's not up to me, so worrying doesn't make much sense.

And yes, bands release videos all the time. "Bands" are not Guns N' Roses, you know. And even when sometimes a promise cannot be satisfied or a release can be delayed, I prefer the GN'R way: making great music and performing awesome concerts (when it comes the right time). I think that if there's no Better video out there is because something wasn't ok, and there's no point in playing detectives. My life goes on meanwhile.

I agree with you that he said the video would shortly come out and it didn't. True. And no reasons were given.

But when Axl said that he doesn't want to have anything to do with Slash, he gave us a ton of reasons on the chats and he expressed his ultimate feeling of beeing as far as he could of Slash and his supporters. The Better video wasn't a thing that depended entirely on his desire, I guess. The Slash thing, yes.

peace

Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2009, 10:55:42 AM »

plus have the general public ever been supportive to the 'most dangerous' band? Really?

Well, enough of them did for the band to fill stadia back in the day.

As for people still thinking a reunion will happen... well, that perception doesn't come only from Axl.  Every now and then Slash or Matt (or more often Adler) will be asked for the umpteenth time "So, what about a GnR reunion?", and they answer: "Hmm, a reunion?  Yeah, who knows maybe someday..."   This is then jumped on and people assume that a reunion is just around the corner.  Axl can say that it won't happen as often as he wants, it just takes one "maybe someday" from a former member to get the rumour mill going again.  When Axl himself says "Hmm, maybe Duff," that pricks folks' ears. That's life.

Axl would also probably need to get into more magazines etc. saying "Nope, not going to happen," than he has done so far.  Yes, he's done a couple of interviews and come on the fan boards (which was braw, not denying it), but if his priority was making sure people don't hanker after a reunion he'd have to say it more often in more media, and he probably can't be bothered with that (who could?).

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »

plus have the general public ever been supportive to the 'most dangerous' band? Really?

As for people still thinking a reunion will happen... well, that perception doesn't come only from Axl.  Every now and then Slash or Matt (or more often Adler) will be asked for the umpteenth time "So, what about a GnR reunion?", and they answer: "Hmm, a reunion?  Yeah, who knows maybe someday..."   This is then jumped on and people assume that a reunion is just around the corner.  Axl can say that it won't happen as often as he wants, it just takes one "maybe someday" from a former member to get the rumour mill going again.  When Axl himself says "Hmm, maybe Duff," that pricks folks' ears. That's life.

Axl would also probably need to get into more magazines etc. saying "Nope, not going to happen," than he has done so far.  Yes, he's done a couple of interviews and come on the fan boards (which was braw, not denying it), but if his priority was making sure people don't hanker after a reunion he'd have to say it more often in more media, and he probably can't be bothered with that (who could?).

Nothing to share with the media in regards to this, he shared his feelings with alot of his fans right here on this very board, so really... whats to talk about, right?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2009, 11:31:56 AM »

you see the irony there don't you?

Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #297 on: June 21, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »

I do yes, but I was making a wider point - that this is a band that A LOT of people cared for once.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2009, 07:30:11 PM »

Axl could say no renuin until hes blue in the face. It will always linger until he or Slash dies. And until then it will always be possible. Axl beats to his own drum. At one time he despised all of the alumni..as D pointed out. Not it seems as if he just hates Slash and prob Sorum. But who cares about Sorum. Again, not saying it will happen but its always going to be possible.

I respect whatever Axl does.

It would have been nice to see him dominate with the new band for a decade...2-4 albums, tours, etc....and then wrap up the bow and come out smellin like a rose later on and granting a reunion when he was done with that,,,

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #299 on: June 21, 2009, 08:38:24 PM »

fuck a reunion.  shouldn't even be a topic of discussion on this board any longer.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: