Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Surprise Gigs Coming" -From Axl
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Surprise Gigs Coming" -From Axl  (Read 54773 times)
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2010, 10:29:13 AM »

It's silly that anyone would have believed such a thing in the first place. We get mad when someone in our personal lives stirs up gossip and we have to answer to it and put an end to it. I don't believe any of us will ever be able to imgine what Axl or any other band member or celebrity for that matter has to endure when these things occur. Such a waste of time and energy.
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2010, 10:45:14 AM »

It's like anything.... are you about the drama or about the music (or whatever it is that entertains you)  I've never gave 2 shits about Axl's personal life, if he gets along w/ anyone, when he arrives at a gig,etc etc  I just want to enjoy the art, have a beer and relax.  I don't need to manufacture stuff... I got 99 problems and Axl's ain't one of 'em

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2010, 10:46:59 AM »

I m sorry i spent 2 hours reading all the posts at mygnr forum.

I only found out that some people are over their heads! I mean this girl thinks she is so important to GnR world cause she managed to built a forum over the last years - she forgets that the forum is about GnR!

I mean, i ve seen in it happen the last 14 years for too many times... some guy or girl starts a GnR forum, then the forum turns big, then GnR are on the scene again, touring, releasing album, touring again, Axl himself says thanx to some of them for their supprort, and suddenly those people thinks they are Gods or Axl 's alter egos.. And very few manages to stay on earth and realise that it s only a GnR Forum - and a forum is supposed to be about the band it supports, not its Admin!!!

I think Jarmo over these years managed to stay on earth - that s the important thing to me.. now, some may be jealous for his travelling and touring along with the band, but what can you do?

And i was sick reading at mygnr how "Jarmo is cencoring the forum, Jarmo takes money to do what he does, Jarmo and HTGTH crew are all bought by the band.." and all that kind of staff..

Well, if we all love GnR music, if we love Axl with his goods and bads, then how we cant love the people Axl and GnR camp loves and respect???
just a question...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:39:58 PM by crash_diet » Logged

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »

Not for nothing for all of you conspiracy theory looking people. As someone in the industry I can honestly tell you that it would be next to impossible to ban supposedly unaproved t-shirts, Imagine how long people would have to wait on line. Imagine the security nightmare. Imagine the raucuous it would cause. I know that none of these shows were dry ( liquor free). DOn't you think that some people after having drinks wouldve made a big deal if they saw someone being pulled from there seat for wearing an unapproved t-shirt? We've heard of nothing of the such. So thats why I say this is BS.

P:S: GNR Come to NY!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2010, 11:29:24 AM »

as we are into that....then what was the exact reason for deleting Merck's open letter from Dez 15, 2006 here?

First off, it's funny how a few weeks prior to that, all these people didn't believe anything he said because he was still managing the band. As soon as he wasn't, what he said became interesting and "the truth".

To answer your question: Because we got a letter from Axl that explained the situation.

Three years later, and that still "bothers" people? Wow.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2010, 11:29:33 AM »

Seriously, i'm a grown man, but if such a post was adressed to me, by an artist i claim to be fan of,...

I'D SHIT ALL OVER MYSELF.... crying

to contribute to the discussion, yes, the way this site is run, allong with it's pollicies, and not getting carried away with the privelages the mods have,
gets us, the fans, much closer to GN'R , than otherwise.... ok
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2010, 11:36:14 AM »

As I said earlier in this thread, Madison has had this coming for well over 3 years. I can't believe how she kept her 'Admin' priviledge for so long to be honest, the way she speaks about the band.

I'm really excited about these surpise gigs that we have coming. It reminds me of the hammerstein shows with the acoustic set for Rosario Dawson. It's sure to be an amazing couple of months, with the South American tour and now this.  Grin

Lee
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2010, 11:58:34 AM »

JAJAJajaJ thats a slap in the face!.-But the way......what happened? JAJAJAJJA
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2010, 12:10:41 PM »

as we are into that....then what was the exact reason for deleting Merck's open letter from Dez 15, 2006 here?
First off, it's funny how a few weeks prior to that, all these people didn't believe anything he said because he was still managing the band. As soon as he wasn't, what he said became interesting and "the truth".

To answer your question: Because we got a letter from Axl that explained the situation.

Three years later, and that still "bothers" people? Wow.

^^too much generalizing for me.
and no, it doesnt bother me at all, just came to my mind whith the recent mod problem on one of the other forums where "censoring" was some bigger issue in the discussion. but i see you're trying to talk away the thin ice there by mentioning the bothering/time issue Wink
back then according to Merck Axl copy/pasted his letter and made a few edits, could it be that this info has been a) wrong or b) just not wanted here cause it draws some negativity to Axl (even though it happened like this)?
let me guess the answer is Axl said so, so the other letter is totally irrelevant - no matter if Merck has been their manager for years!?

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2010, 12:18:24 PM »

^^too much generalizing for me.
and no, it doesnt bother me at all, just came to my mind whith the recent mod problem on one of the other forums where "censoring" was some bigger issue in the discussion. but i see you're trying to talk away the thin ice there by mentioning the bothering/time issue Wink
back then according to Merck Axl copy/pasted his letter and made a few edits, could it be that this info has been a) wrong or b) just not wanted here cause it draws some negativity to Axl (even though it happened like this)?
let me guess the answer is Axl said so, so the other letter is totally irrelevant - no matter if Merck has been their manager for years!?

What thin ice?

I answered your question. You were shown a link to an original post I made about the subject when it happened.

You obviously didn't like the answer so you have to go on and on about it. Three (3) years later.

I know you're one of those people who's never happy because "it isn't GN'R". But this is becoming ridiculous.

Yes, we got a letter from Axl himself.

I don't need to see people like yourself calling Axl a liar, because "you know better", on our site.

I guess whining about the setlists is on a back burner for now since this is such a "hot topic"......  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christian
VIP

« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2010, 12:34:02 PM »

MrsBumblefoot
Getting ready for Fashion Week.
about 14 hours ago from web
 ok
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »

I feel like cueing up Double Talkin' Jive!!
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »

any news on the surprise gigs? are GNR really in New York?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »

thin ice in this case = censoring GN'R news coming from people involved with them.
expected this answer though!
now where did i directly call him a liar?

setlists....its way more cool now than in 01-07, most fans would agree. and it was fucking easy to do - which i've always pointed out before! but to you off course it wasnt constructive critism but always "whining"....well, estranged and civil war and rhiad requests now....and off course its falling into the "whining"-category again  hihi

yo, hope it happens in a cool way with the Fashion Week or whereever!

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »

thin ice in this case = censoring GN'R news coming from people involved with them.

Which part of "former manager" didn't make sense to you?

At that point he was not involved with the band.

expected this answer though!
now where did i directly call him a liar?

It comes with the territory.

Call it experience.

/jarmo

demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2010, 12:55:41 PM »

All nonsense coming from everybody, all that matters is GNR are out on the road and are going to do more gigs. 
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2010, 01:01:27 PM »

to our knowledge he was for years until short before the "letter-issue" happened. that makes his point of view very listenable...hearing his version. but you cant even read his version on any other board topics here, it was completely deleted. and  that IS out of line IMO, but its your playground any my guess is you were asked to remove it and did.

now back to suprise shows, which i surely rate an upgrade on their current way....the next cool step!

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »

to our knowledge he was for years until short before the "letter-issue" happened. that makes his point of view very listenable...hearing his version. but you cant even read his version on any other board topics here, it was completely deleted. and  that IS out of line IMO, but its your playground any my guess is you were asked to remove it and did.

now back to suprise shows, which i surely rate an upgrade on their current way....the next cool step!

According to you, it's "listenable". I disagree!

/jarmo

Mutahnt
Opening Act

« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2010, 01:17:35 PM »

Shit, Axl fucking Rose is back!, he's my hero  peace
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2010, 01:27:54 PM »

According to you, it's "listenable". I disagree!

alright,
my opinion: i'd rate Mercks letter listenable/readible for fans
my main argument: he was involved (as official manager!) until shortly before the letter-accident happened, so he was very close to the band and his version should at least be listed on a big GN'R-board.

your opinion: you disagree
your arguments for that: none

just the "not involved in the band anymore"-talking or "its my board" aint real arguments in this case, you know that.

surprise-gig(s) story hit Blabbermouth:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134947

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: