Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:55:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Velez Sarfield [ UPDATES +DICUSSIONS]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Velez Sarfield [ UPDATES +DICUSSIONS]  (Read 63209 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2010, 05:57:27 AM »

Yeah, but at the end of the day, you still used a racist term when you didn't have to, it's pretty simple.

End of discussion.
plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2010, 06:10:37 AM »

Wow, didn't know you were all into political correctness...  no

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2010, 06:46:05 AM »

First off, I did not have the chance to read Estebanf's review, so what I'm writing is based on the discussion that followed. Clearly misunderstandings based on language are very common and especially when writing on an international forum one should be careful even if (and perhaps just because) one is not writing in native tongue. Having said that board rules are board rules and should be respected by everyone, no questions asked, no matter what one's intentions were (and we can perhaps agree that Estebanf did not mean to be taken in the way he was). Could you consider posting an edited version of your review Estebanf? Your previous reviews were detailed and interesting and I think many would enjoy reading your account of the show.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2010, 07:18:50 AM »

Could you consider posting an edited version of your review Estebanf? Your previous reviews were detailed and interesting and I think many would enjoy reading your account of the show.

already did, but Adz erased it too.

he clearly said ''at the end of the day, you still used a racist term'', so i erased the '''''''racist'''''' term and posted it again. He just deleted it, again. The brackets are there because i CLEARLY stated in my original post that i was NOT using the term with the english connotation, simply because I didnt know (still dont know) how to express it properly. And i also said a hell lots of very good and positive things about the band, who sounded unbelievably amazing and powerful.

you have job to do here Adz: http://htgth.com/releases/gnrlies/one-in-a-million.html  ok

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2010, 07:21:06 AM »

Could you consider posting an edited version of your review Estebanf? Your previous reviews were detailed and interesting and I think many would enjoy reading your account of the show.

already did, but Adz erased it too.

he clearly said ''at the end of the day, you still used a racist term'', so i erased the '''''''racist'''''' term and posted it again. He just deleted it, again. The brackets are there because i CLEARLY stated in my original post that i was NOT using the term with the english connotation, simply because I didnt know (still dont know) how to express it properly. And i also said a hell lots of very good and positive things about the band, who sounded unbelievably amazing and powerful.

you have job to do here Adz: http://htgth.com/releases/gnrlies/one-in-a-million.html  ok

estebanf, thanks for all your reviews for those of us who don't speak spanish.  I appreciate you taking time to translate stuff.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2010, 08:14:02 AM »

If you are walking the streets and you get robbed by someone once, then twice, then again and again, by the same person, you're not facing ''an idiot'' (''idiocy'' is a pathological / mental illness, not the case here), you're facing a ''insert word here / choose a word you feel confortable with''.

This is the case with some people at rock shows in Argentina. People who just dont go to the venue to see the artist performance. I could have been robbed TWICE yesterday, and got hit by these people multiple times. They dont know the words for Nightrain, but they know how to throw a lighter to DJ Ashba. 100% of them were white-skinned people, so your ''Idiocy doesn't come with the color of your skin'' is another proove of your cheap demagogy. I fucking know that, and i have lots of things to learn but i do not need to learn civic lessons from anybody.

If you are a brazilian, an american, if you live in europe or asia / australia, and you're a GNR fan, you'll never understand what some of the argentine GNR fans that attended yesterday's show felt there. 17 fucking long years waiting to see the band, and some assholes that dont even know who Axl Rose is were trying to ruin that ONLY and ONE date to make your dream come true. I am a human being, and opposite as you, I do not pretend im perfect: i feel hatred. I just hate these persons. Its not a matter of skin colours, religion, sex orientation: i hate [insert word here]. They tried to ruin it all for us, but they failed.

And you see ME speaking here, who was lucky enough to see two other nice shows, that occured with no problems. But there are THOUSANDS of fans who only were able to see the Buenos Aires show, and now they feel like if they were raped by these persons. I friend of mine was robbed (a very expensive cellphone), some others got their wallet robbed, and one motherfucker also hit a 20 years old girl who dreamed all her life this show, and because of the hit, she was pulled out from near the stage to see the whole show by the videowall, 60 meters away from the stage. Do you think this is fair, Mr. Civics? How would you call the guy who hit her and spoiled her dream? How would you fucking qualify the guy who steals a wallet, a cellphone, or the two times these guys tried to steal my wallet? And these people, some of them who had to travel like 800 km just to change the ticket (due to the change of venue), and then come back to their cities, and then 800 km to the stadium, and then 800 km back home... how do you think they feel? You think its funny to see how some motherfuckers ruin your dream? They are all expressing their anger in spanish speaking forums. I manage to speak some english, that's why im here, but trust me im not the only one with hatred flowing in the veins, and that, as i said, the immense majority of them COULDNT attend two toher shows like i did. They hatred is even bigger than mine.

What does any of this have to do with your choice of words? I understand that you're outraged by people's behavior, but that doesn't justify using that particular word - some words can't be contextually justified.
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2010, 09:33:48 AM »

I still thinks that despite the sounds problems, the show was awesome. Despite some people trhowing things I still think that the crowd was awesome. It was a very special show man, full of great moments. I also got the impression that the band was having fun.

Stop the negative shit or the semantic discussion. Lets talk about the show!  beer

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »

Is it true that Richard was knocked in the head by some shit threw by the audience in Argentina?

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2010, 10:51:02 AM »

You're a fucking moron if you use that as an excuse to use racist terms.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2010, 11:15:39 AM »

Is it true that Richard was knocked in the head by some shit threw by the audience in Argentina?

I didnt saw that. I think its not true but where do you take that from?

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2010, 11:19:29 AM »

I didnt saw that. I think its not true but where do you take that from?
Someone posted that in GNR-LA, so I just wanted to know if that shit is true or not!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
mauritox
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2010, 12:03:44 PM »

estebanf, how would you feel if i use the name "estebanf" to call somebody else an idiot/asshole/thief/whatever? that's what you (and many people) do when using the "n" word... you think that's not racist because you're sure you're not directly insulting "black people" (i hope that doesn't sound offensive), but that's wrong...

ON TOPIC: i went to the show and i got seriously disappointed. i could barely hear axl. it was so sad. it was going to be the best day of my life and it got ruined.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:06:58 PM by mauritox » Logged
manteca80
Opening Act

« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2010, 01:13:44 PM »

Uploading...

Intro/Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-D-6JFlXbo

Mr. Brownstone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5URKGJXcEBU

Sorry

Better

Solo de guitarra de Richard Fortus (James Bond Theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGaLpfBg918

Live And Let Die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQ9lbxmV1g

If The World

Rocket Queen

Thank you for supporting us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEQUwlO88nk

Solo de piano de Dizzy Reed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NruzNFk8ok

Street Of Dreams

You wanna have fun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_kZ3yTw_WQ

You Could Be Mine

Solo de guitarra de DJ Ashba (The Ballad Of Death)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On1uKIvBCQA

Sweet Child O' Mine

Improvisaci?n instrumental (Another Brick In The Wall)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku8cHXZISwY

Solo de piano de Axl (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)

November Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kR_5dGgj4c

Solo de guitarra de Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (Pink Panther Theme)

Don't Cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FXqribQm3E

Out Ta Get Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFpHi1rXGU

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Madagascar

Whole Lotta Rosie

Jam instrumental (Por Una Cabeza)

Patience

Paradise City
gabrieltoxic
Opening Act

« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2010, 01:15:36 PM »

Esteban, I'm not trying to teach you a lesson, and again, I'm not trying to fight you.
You expressed your opinion, I expressed mine. I'm not saying that I'm right and you're wrong, or that you shouldn't feel hatred, anger, or whatever else you're feeling about this.

I'm not claiming to be argentine, I was simply born here. I have no pride regarding my country, because I simply do not think that way.

Someone who robs you is a criminal, man. Plain and simple.

Once more, I'm not trying to portray myself as "perfect" like you say, I never said "This is the truth and whatever that guy said is wrong". I'm speaking for me, as much as you're speaking for you. Agree or disagree, from reading your posts I figured you are an intelligent guy, and I hoped you wouldn't take my post as a personal attack. I never called you a racist, because I don't think you are one. The term is still a racist one, as long as it's being used in a derogatory way. That's not my opinion, that is a fact.

This was the only GN'R show I've attended in my entire life, so trust me, I do feel frustrated by some of the events that took place. Someone took my cellphone during the show too, and I'm currently unemployed, so getting a new one really put a dent in my financial situation. No, I'm not first class. I paid for the ticket with money I made by working.
I would've loved to be able to attend the Montevideo show, or one of the shows in Brazil, but as I said, I'm unemployed at the moment, so I couldn't afford it.

I too had been waiting for 17 years to see the band, I'm not a casual fan. I've been attending rock concerts for a good 15 years now (stadiums from big stadiums to small clubs), and this was one of the only shows I was looking forward to like I did when I was a kid. There are no words to express what a shit night I had. There's no consolation after watching videos and reading reviews from the Brazil, Uruguay and Chile shows, and then feeling like we got the short end of the stick here.

If you wanna vent your anger with me, fine. If you think attacking me and what I say is the way to go, fine. If you think calling me "Mr. Civics" will make you feel better or make me agree with you, fine. Yes, I try to be civil. If that's wrong, sorry. If that offends you, sorry.
I'm not civil 24/7, I did have to punch a guy during the concert because he was all over me and was harming me. I hadn't punched anyone in almost 10 years. Even though I know I was defending myself, I regret what I did. I wasn't thinking, I acted on impulse.
I'm not perfect, and neither are you, for that matter.

Just in case I wasn't clear, this is not a personal attack on you or the way you feel. I simply disagree on the way you choose to use the word the mods don't tolerate here. Yes, I see the irony, and censorship doesn't sit well with me either. I don't think your post should've been deleted, it should've been edited.

And again, if anything I said felt like a personal attack, or an insult, I apologise. I never meant it in an insulting way.
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2010, 01:17:51 PM »

I feel sorry for Tatiana and other fans, but i just can't get the "we deserve a blablablablabla" bullshit.

I went to the shortest setlist show (Belo Horizonte) and i didn't get home disappointed. It was a fucking great time and i hope they come back soon!

Anyway, i saw the "translator" youtube video and yeah, he didn't tell Axl what the crowd was screaming

I couldn't hear Axl's voice, of couse, I'm going to go home sad. I wanted to cry. One thing is a short setlist and another thing is not hearing the singer. In some occasions, Axl's mic worked and I felt so so happy!!! His voice is unique. But then his mic stopped working again, and the vocal sound was very low and with echo. Then, in the last songs of the show his mic worked again.

I just want another show : (.  As I said before, I loved Chinese Democracy tour, the band was awesome. I really enjoyed it! But I couldn't hear the voice of my favorite singer! That's why most argentinian fans felt disappointed, and that's why the following day many fans wrote mails to radio stations to complain about this. They were angry due to these sound problems.

Axl, come back!  Cry  Cry

--------------------------

And I hate that translator!  rant

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:21:40 PM by Tatiana » Logged
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2010, 01:30:08 PM »

i understand tatiana at all !!!

i dont know why that problem wasnt solve !!!

the argentina concert was supose to be the best !!!! and the mic`s problem was the high light ...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2010, 01:34:40 PM »

If you keep talking about off topic shit, we won't continue this discussion at all.

End of story.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2010, 01:47:25 PM »

GNR performance was great.

Sound was awful. I did listen Axl's voice 35% of the show. On I'ts so easy, Tommy's voice was double than Axl's.

Dizzy's piano solo started with no volume, and they put volume 10 seconds later.

This happened in montevideo too, but montevideo people acted more civilized. Argentinian people doesn't like bad shows, so they started screaming "no se escucha" (we cant listen) for few songs. Noone noticed the symbols, so they started trowing stuffs.

Axl's translator is a dickhead, he didn't explain to Axl the reason of the yellings and the show kept with bad volume settings for a few more songs.

It's lame, after waiting for 17 years, after paying expensive tickets, and with this kickass lineup, to get a horrible sounding show. GNR should come back in april again and do the show again.

AXL: WHY THE HELL DO YOU PAY LOTS OF MONEY FOR THAT GIGANT SOUND SYSTEM IF YOU PUT A MONKEY TO OPERATE IT ?

Imagine how much do I like this band... besides all the technical problems, this show was the most emotive in my life  peace

GNRslaxl
Rocker

« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2010, 02:20:02 PM »

Yes it's true...sad but true, i was just in front of Fortus when that happened.
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2010, 02:31:45 PM »

Lets talk about the show!  beer

Now, talking about the show. I loved when BBF, Richard, Ashba played ?Por una cabeza?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFshhgAA2uk They surprised the crowd! Excellent!

I liked when Axl was joking with BBF on the floor at the last part of ?whole lotta Rosie?. We laughed  hihi

I went to the show with two friends and my brother. My friend, who was a girl, didn't know Ashba, well, she loved him, haha. Ashba was very nice and sweet with the crowd. He is beautiful and a great guitarist too. Thanks Axl!

Axl was WOW. I couldn't hear him well, but I could see him! He had a lot of energy, he ran from side to side. I loved his new look. He was beautiful!!! I love his attitude on stage.  love  I love him! I remember that when I couldn't hear him, I just remembered his voice from other shows, and I started singing with the rest of the crowd.

Richard and Ashba went from side to side of the stage. They were near the people. They played with a lot of energy. They had a smile on their faces. They seemed to be enjoying the show.

Frank was great. I wanted to see Tommy more, but he didn't move so much towards the people. Tommy!!! Ha.

Pitman was a bit far. He.

BBF great guitarist, very concentrated on his guitar.

The people screamed with joy and excitement, and we screamed much more when Axl's mic could be heard! In spite of mic problems, the crowd jumped and sang during the whole show. The last part of the show was amazing!!!

I want another GNR show!!! Please!   peace

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 02:42:41 PM by Tatiana » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: