Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 07:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  April 9th/13th, San Jose, Costa Rica - CANCELLED
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: April 9th/13th, San Jose, Costa Rica - CANCELLED  (Read 52241 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2010, 07:04:48 PM »

But we must remember it's no ones fault, just extremely bad luck again, like in Rio.

Sorry but I have to disagree with that.

In developed countries the construction of metalic structures, temporary or not, are supervised by a structural engineer ... shit like this can not happen under any circumstance, since there are human lives involved ... this can not happen in the case of dynamic actions, such as a storm, much less in the case of a static actions, such as the weight of a screen.

Of course, an accident is unpredictable and can happen anywhere ... but this happened 2 times in such a short time, is not normal ... someone must be asleep at work...  beer

Is it me or you're a xenophobe or racist?  hihi

is it you

Well, Brazil has got what? 200 million people? one of the worlds biggest economies. I think they could find a decent engineer among all those people. Now Costa RIca I have no doubt its incompetence  hihi

The greatest engineer in the world cannot prevent accidents from happening when it comes to storms. It seems to me like you are just looking for something to complain about.

I agree with you, The storm thing was indeed an accident that no one can prevent, in Costa RIca, its different. Im not complaining.
peace

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2010, 07:05:42 PM »

This should concern the band. I hope inspections are done by crew members prior to the band taking the stage.

Luckily the stage collapsed during setup, and not later, potentially when the band was on stage performing.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2010, 07:06:37 PM »

But dont lump ''undevelopped countries'' together you mr developped man.  Tongue

I didn't mention undevelopped countries ... you did ...

You mentioned developped countries. Why the fuck? Anyway, this conversation is going nowhere and jarmo will soon delete the posts.

So back to topic:

I hope it gets rescheduled to tomorrow. hihi

Jacaranda
Headliner

Think Big 'sti

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2010, 07:07:39 PM »

On Friday 9th April 2010, @bumblefoot  said:

I was just informed that the local crew who assembled the stage did it incorrectly, and the city inspectors deemed it *unsafe*. They won't allow the show to happen. It would be impossible to disassemble the stage and rebuild it correctly in time for the show to happen tonight. We tried to move the show to tomorrow, city denied it, the show in Costa Rica is officially not happening. These are the facts I was given. SO fucking bummed. Sad

MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2010, 07:16:54 PM »

I was just informed that the local crew who assembled the stage did it incorrectly, and the city inspectors deemed it *unsafe*. They won't allow the show to happen. It would be impossible to disassemble the stage and rebuild it correctly in time for the show to happen tonight. We tried to move the show to tomorrow, city denied it, the show in Costa Rica is officially not happening. These are the facts I was given. SO fucking bummed. Sad

Conspiracy theories start NOW!

Why not let them play tomorrow? Plenty of time to break the stage down for proper setup tomorrow.

Probably some fucked-up politician doesn't want the show to happen regardless.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »

Really sorry to hear this. Sorry for the fans and the band. Fuck me, big machine is going to have a cow. nervous

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2010, 07:45:57 PM »

Conspiracy theories start NOW!

Why not let them play tomorrow? Plenty of time to break the stage down for proper setup tomorrow.

Again sorry for the bad translation, they explain here why they cannot play tomorrow.  Looks like there's another event booked.

The reason is that the engine company will have the Ricardo Saprissa stadium facilities early on Monday, and confirmed Manrique Mata, director of Rpm.

"We already signed a contract, it would be impossible because the event requires at least four days to build the track also depends not only on me too for the people of Monster Jam, and Saprissa," concluded Mata.

http://www.aldia.cr/ad_ee/2010/abril/09/farandula2329874.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »

See, now we have heard Bumblefoot, we know for sure it was indeed human error.

To be honest, I am really surprised that the city won't let them reschedule tomorrow. GN'R aren't having much luck with venues on the latest tour. I'm just really bummed for the fans, I know how I would feel if not only the show was cancelled but to be told that it doesn't look likely to be rescheduled either.  Sad

GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2010, 07:59:21 PM »

when you know something about this kind of business you don't need to hear it from BBF to reach that conclusion  smoking... and has nothing to do with being xenophobic , as someone said ..

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2010, 08:01:22 PM »

oh wow.  this really sucks for the Costa Rica fans and of course for the band.  Sad

but I guess it's the best decision not to take the chance of having the stage or screens collapsing during the show

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2010, 08:08:24 PM »

Between Ecuador & Panama we had a 5-day break and were able to get a cargo plane to Rio and back for the make-up show - we have no breaks from here til the end of the tour and don't know if it'll be possible to reschedule the show after the tour ends - the gear is supposed to go straight to Europe from Puerto Rico. I wish there was something I could do, feel fkn helpless. I emailed management to see if there was any possibility of doing an outdoor acoustic show tonight, but don't think it'll be possible, a lot of logistics that come into play - security issues, any conflicts with existing performance contracts, finding a location, getting local gear last moment, government approval... I think tonight we're all at a loss Sad I'm as sad as everyone, I came here to play a show for you tonight. (I'm at the hotel, never even got to go to the venue...)

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »

when you know something about this kind of business you don't need to hear it from BBF to reach that conclusion  smoking... and has nothing to do with being xenophobic , as someone said ..

I understand you GUNNER, I just like to think that whoever's job it is to construct the stage for GN'R, knows what they are doing. But in this case, we know that they did it wrong, which kind of scares me. Imagine if no one spotted it was unsafe and the show went on, I can't even imagine how dangerous it would have been for the band and crowd.
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2010, 08:18:26 PM »

Im glad it happened  the way it did and not with the band and fans being in danger
Sorry for the Fans that wont see the band hope they can somehow reschedule maybe when they hit Mexico 

Here Today..
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2010, 08:19:12 PM »

Bumblefoot   bumblefoot

Fact update: Wasn't 'city inspectors that didn't allow it. City officials would not give the permits needed to try to do the show tomorrow. 1 minute ago via Twitlonger

Here Today..
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »

This is from Del's facebook:

Del James   the 4/9 show in Costa Rica has been cancelled due to an unsafe stage. The stage, which was built by a local crew here in Costa Rica, began to bend & bow as we placed gear on it and was deemed too dangerous.
30 minutes ago

Imagine if no one spotted it was unsafe and the show went on, I can't even imagine how dangerous it would have been for the band and crowd.

God forbid that the show went on and Ashba tried to climb up on this shit like he did at a recent show.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:37:42 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2010, 08:55:06 PM »

I'm really sorry for the fans, the band and the production... :/

Specially for the fans  Undecided
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »

I kinda think GNR have been lucky not to be playing when the thing collapsed.

thats kind of scary when u think about it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2010, 09:42:30 PM »

Ill never get used to jarmo deleting my comments. Tongue

Anyway, Ive been told there was a press conference and the concert is reschedulled for tuesday?... Kinda sucks for people in Nicaragua who made the trip..

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »

Eh they are already playing a show in another country on Tuesday....
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »

Eh they are already playing a show in another country on Tuesday....

maybe they moved the dates. I dont know.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: