Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:51:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Oct 23, 2010 Barcelona, Spain (Discussion)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oct 23, 2010 Barcelona, Spain (Discussion)  (Read 28956 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2010, 11:44:15 PM »

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2010, 12:10:02 AM »

All I'm gonna say is that Jarmo has helped lots of people, even at sold out gigs, when they couldn't find a single ticket.

That's good!

When I was desperate trying to get tickets for the brazilian shows, and was unable because ticketmaster wouldn't allow non-brazilians buyers, never thought of Jarmo as an option, but its good to know he has helped other people to get tickets. ''Getting a ticket'' when everything in your hands to get them is impossible is actually ''helping''. Getting someone backstage is something like a ''bonus'' some people can be happy to receive, but in no way that should be a ''need'' or something to demand! Jesus! I was 14 days in an hotel at 2 or 3 blocks from where GNR was in Rio, and never, not once, tried to enter there. I took a pic of the hotel once, and that was it. I had the chance of getting backstage in Buenos Aires but that was something I wasn't insterested honestly...

Anyway, when I needed a hand to get tickets for Brazil, several brazilian members of this forum helped me a lot (Tice, Mandy, etc). When I needed a hand to get a ticket to Uruguay, another member bought it for me (then I bought him the ticket for the Buenos Aires show in return). That's what everybody should do first: asking help to other fellow fans. I tried asking a ''VIP'' for help, that ''VIP'' told me ''yeah, everything's fine, email me closer to the show and i'll get you tix bla bla''. Bought the airplane tickets, the accomodation at Rio, asked my vacation days at work, and when it was ''closer to the show'' I email this VIP and got no reply. Emailed again. No reply. And the reply never came.

So I basically traveled to brazil, spent a lot of money, with the goal of attending 4 shows, but with zero tickets in my hand. I was lucky enough to find tickets for Belo Horizonte and Rio the day i arrived to Copacabana, but couldn't find for Porto Alegre and Sao Paulo. The lesson for me was: be a normal fan, act like a normal fan, and attend the shows like a normal fan. When I thought I could be something else, I failed miserably. Needless to say that one of the two tickets (of the four I wanted in the first term) was for Rio, who got cancelled for the storm. You might think I was too naive... yes, i agree with you.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2010, 03:52:37 AM »

Not really into joining this discussion, But just thought to add that Jarmo is doing a wonderful job for GN'R & fans, I know for sure that the band, crew and lots of fans appreciate what he is does.
I believe he deserves a bit more respect than some people seem to show.

It's blatantly obvious as well, that a LOT of people on here have zero idea of what is required of message board admin.

I'm sure it will always be worth it for Jarmo as a big fan of the band, but he has to put up with way too much shit from forum members IMO.

Get a life and leave the man alone with your pathetic jibes.

peace HTGTH - born 9 years ago today  peace

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
BlackAces
Headliner

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2010, 03:55:30 AM »

Chinese Democracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgtOp2LEuWI

Links to my other videos from Barcelona:

Whole lotta rosie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MljooXwmJQ4

You could be mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vURQz4y31Y0

Welcome to the jungle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4zQB7kQnGo

Rocket Queen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-RWbymzWhU

Shackler`s Revenge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DdXVTurY_o
suicide
VIP

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2010, 05:30:51 AM »

Did someone record the whole show? I'm really hoping we'll get a soundboard recording from this concert but, uhm, I'm afraid that won't happen. Or what about an official live dvd  drool

You know, this was an amazing show, the crowed absolutely loved it and so many people around me were singing the lyrics to the old and new songs. The band was enjoying themselves and Axl had a big smile on his face. The sound quality was very bad where I was standing but to see the band play in this rather small venue was awesome!

Look Karlos, I don't agree with everything Jarmo does or says but he doesn't owe you or anyone anything. And to say you're a bigger fan of the band than he is? What's that based on? I love Guns N' Roses and I always will, no matter what happens. But to leave your home, family, friends and work for such a long time just to tour with the band, send updates to this site and board, and attend as many concerts as possible... nope, that's not something I would do. It must cost him a fortune to do so and that really shows his dedication to the band. You've got to respect that!
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2010, 05:50:01 AM »

Some great pics and vids, thank you!  Loved hearing more of Ron singing b/v's on this tour - Shacklers sounded great.  So cool hearing that live on this tour  ok  This gig looks like a blast, thank you so much for the updates and info..what a tour...
Amitbr
Opening Act

« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2010, 06:33:41 AM »

I was at the show, and it was amazing!!!!!
i especially liked an amazing roar axl gave at the last part of kohd, i wish someone will upload it.
Noticed that at the end of rq it seems axl sing it  to the crowd:
"Don't ever leave me
Say you'll always be there
All I ever wanted
Was for you
To know that I care "

Its soooo beautiful.
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2010, 07:15:05 AM »

Awesome vid's ! thanks

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »

Well, that was one of the things that surprised me a lot !! someone like you Jarmo... a show off person who rules his forum in a dictatorship way, being so polited with me the other night. Of course, if you tell to me what you?ve just wrote in your previous post i would have kicked your ass... maybe you were fear ... you will say OF COURSE NOT, but i?m not sure... if you think the way you?ve just shown me, i cant understand why you didn?t say to me "Carlos, you said bad things about the band or about me and i?m not gonna help u" ... you never say "the true" at least you are comfortable behind the screen of your PC or besides any "security" man ?? I?m not like you... if i have something to say i just say it... you d?n?t. "I?ll try, i can?t say for sure... next time we come,  i?ll look for you if finally i can... nice to meet you Carlos... " Obviously there are two Jarmos: the "face to face" Jarmo: a polite guy, with this appearance of weak and soft person who will fly if you blow a bit... and the monster you are in this, your house...

You know what Jarmo... i can tell you clearly that I LOVE more this band than you ever have loved any band... and that?s the reason of my critics in the past... When I started loving this band, and loving Axl Rose, some of your bulldog "ball makers" members that you take to the after parties, hadn?t borned yet.

I?ve never talked shit about this band or about you. You know what?s the difference between all of you and me? When my favourite singer enters in a forum and call bitch to a lady who has been working hard and deffending him in countless times during those lost-years (yes, those lost years without album and when your forummates even didn?t know GNR), i have the enough charisma to tell Axl: "Mr. Rose, this is not the way a singer should treat to a fan who has donated his time for you and the band during the years... there are other ways to do things...". And i talked about this even with Beta v?a PM and said to her the same... She gave me her point of view and everything was ok... if the same situation happens in your forum i would habve been banned without explanation...

Ban me if you want...

I won't even respond to the madison crap you just posted. But if u ever threaten anyone here again, I'll ban you myself.

Seriously man? You expect to get backstage with this crap? You'd get your ass kicked and thrown out of the building before you'd even begin to understand what the fuck's going on...

90% of us have been through the "cancer" experience. Yes, it happens to everybody.

I've personally lost 3 brothers. Not friends, BROTHERS.

Using your brother as an excuse to get backstage... pathetic. And don't even try to tell me I don't know what you've been through. I've LOST 3 brothers. Not with me anymore... You're fuckin lucky and you don't even know it...

richiegunz70
Opening Act

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2010, 11:38:49 AM »

Great videos thank you.
Man do I want to see them live,come to New York Guns
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2010, 11:39:49 AM »

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2010, 12:00:40 PM »

Nice pics.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
karlossacanell
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:11 PM »

Well, that was one of the things that surprised me a lot !! someone like you Jarmo... a show off person who rules his forum in a dictatorship way, being so polited with me the other night. Of course, if you tell to me what you?ve just wrote in your previous post i would have kicked your ass... maybe you were fear ... you will say OF COURSE NOT, but i?m not sure... if you think the way you?ve just shown me, i cant understand why you didn?t say to me "Carlos, you said bad things about the band or about me and i?m not gonna help u" ... you never say "the true" at least you are comfortable behind the screen of your PC or besides any "security" man ?? I?m not like you... if i have something to say i just say it... you d?n?t. "I?ll try, i can?t say for sure... next time we come,  i?ll look for you if finally i can... nice to meet you Carlos... " Obviously there are two Jarmos: the "face to face" Jarmo: a polite guy, with this appearance of weak and soft person who will fly if you blow a bit... and the monster you are in this, your house...

You know what Jarmo... i can tell you clearly that I LOVE more this band than you ever have loved any band... and that?s the reason of my critics in the past... When I started loving this band, and loving Axl Rose, some of your bulldog "ball makers" members that you take to the after parties, hadn?t borned yet.

I?ve never talked shit about this band or about you. You know what?s the difference between all of you and me? When my favourite singer enters in a forum and call bitch to a lady who has been working hard and deffending him in countless times during those lost-years (yes, those lost years without album and when your forummates even didn?t know GNR), i have the enough charisma to tell Axl: "Mr. Rose, this is not the way a singer should treat to a fan who has donated his time for you and the band during the years... there are other ways to do things...". And i talked about this even with Beta v?a PM and said to her the same... She gave me her point of view and everything was ok... if the same situation happens in your forum i would habve been banned without explanation...

Ban me if you want...

I won't even respond to the madison crap you just posted. But if u ever threaten anyone here again, I'll ban you myself.

Seriously man? You expect to get backstage with this crap? You'd get your ass kicked and thrown out of the building before you'd even begin to understand what the fuck's going on...

90% of us have been through the "cancer" experience. Yes, it happens to everybody.

I've personally lost 3 brothers. Not friends, BROTHERS.

Using your brother as an excuse to get backstage... pathetic. And don't even try to tell me I don't know what you've been through. I've LOST 3 brothers. Not with me anymore... You're fuckin lucky and you don't even know it...

First of all, sorry for your losts. I?m so sorry for you, man. But let me explain you something: I?m not using my brother?s experience with cancer as an excuse ... i didn?t tell Jarmo this that night ! Once again, Jarmo and some of you show a total unknowledge of reality... of course I?m lucky and of course I know !
I didn?t insult or threat Jarmo until he called me BEGGAR and told me that he don?t help people like me who waste his time talking shit ! Then i asked Jarmo explanations of why he called me BEGGAR and why he didn?t tell me this face to face... cause he was really nice during our meet... that?s all my friend... this fight was started by Jarmo, not me... i just commented politely about the show and our meeting, and said it was a bit sad for me... that?s all. Then, when some people started to insult me, it was when i first talked about my brother?s experience...

I don?t want to bother someone here in this forum... you and other are giving your opinions when i?m shut up about this from yesterday... I?d like to stop this shit ! If you read my firsat post i said that i understand Jarmo cause he can?t help everybody... i was not attacking him, but once again, he attacked me in a completly unpolite way (opposite to his behaviour face to face... he will know why he is so befaced)...

Can we stop this, please ? Ban me if you want... but I?m not the "bad-guy" in this movie...
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2010, 01:07:03 PM »

Wow, I can't believe this guy is whining so much about not getting backstage. I've met Jarmo a couple of times at the pre-show get togethers (Baltimore '06, Toronto '10) and he was very cool both times. Now, to the show (which is what I thought this topic was about) -- sounds like another awesome concert and a great way to end this leg of the tour, with Axl sounding awesome and the band's chemistry riding high. I do think this band is peaking right now. I hope all the shows in December go smoothly and, living in the U.S., i hope for the tour to keep rolling this way while the momentum is strong. And Jarmo -- if I see you at a pre-show in the U.S., I'll buy you a beer -- even if you don't take me backstage!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2010, 01:29:43 PM »

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »

The first one is a really great pic HBK !

@Azazel not sure why you are attacking me in your Quote though...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:02:45 PM by Z?phyr » Logged

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2010, 02:12:41 PM »

Thanks to everyone for all the great photos from this show! ok

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Adolph
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2010, 03:30:28 PM »

Nightrain - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw7FcWEiPPo
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »

great pics what camera do you use? love axl`s t shirts really like to know where  he gets them Wink
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: