Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:55:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dj Ashba Is 'Really Excited' About Working On Follow-Up To 'Chinese Democracy'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dj Ashba Is 'Really Excited' About Working On Follow-Up To 'Chinese Democracy'  (Read 25730 times)
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2010, 04:00:45 PM »

Could Axl have given unreleased tracks to DJ to rerecord some guitar parts at Ashbaland, and could that be what is released "soon"?  This stuff wouldn't be new to Bumblefoot nor would he be needed in this process as he already recorded his parts long ago.
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2010, 04:33:20 PM »

Could Axl have given unreleased tracks to DJ to rerecord some guitar parts at Ashbaland, and could that be what is released "soon"?  This stuff wouldn't be new to Bumblefoot nor would he be needed in this process as he already recorded his parts long ago.

Just no.

Speculation from the deepest chasms of your mind, I suspect.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »

Just no.

I agree, and it is a good example of the kind of people who take a band members comments out of all proportion. How can anyone think that, I mean seriously, do you believe it yourself?.  Tongue
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2010, 05:20:12 PM »

Just no.

I agree, and it is a good example of the kind of people who take a band members comments out of all proportion. How can anyone think that, I mean seriously, do you believe it yourself?.  Tongue

I don't think that that necessarily HAS happened yet, but I think it COULD happen.  I think getting DJ to do what Ron and Richard did for CD, re-record some guitar parts to give them a presence and sense of integration into the material itself, would be a relatively small task in terms of getting the rest of the material from the CD era out.  I think it's feasible based on what happened with CD.

Ali
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2010, 05:28:57 PM »

I think most of us agree that re-working parts is a possibility, and no one is ruling that out. Its pure speculation though, none of us have a clue.

What bothered me with the above post was the suggestion that songs were being worked on without bumble's knowledge. Like there was some kind of Axl-Ashba secret project that Bumble didnt need to know about. I can't believe I'm writing these words, some of the speculation here is way beyond any perceivable reality.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 05:31:03 PM by John » Logged

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »

U can come up with ideas for songs without actually having written them yet.

songs are like short stories and maybe he and Axl have some great ideas for subject matter and maybe DJ has some awesome riffs brewing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »

I just saw on Yahoo that Guns came in 8th for top searches of the day thanks to DJ Ashba. There are already articles written as to what DJ said.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2010, 09:08:56 PM »

I just saw on Yahoo that Guns came in 8th for top searches of the day thanks to DJ Ashba. There are already articles written as to what DJ said.

That's the only negative aspect surrounding the interview with DJ. Because now the media are reporting that a GN'R album maybe closer than we thought. Which is not the case really, since they have alot of work to do yet, as Ron said.

And that same media will be quoting DJs' comment in future write-ups, when the album doesn't appear as fast as the comment implied.

Just unfortunate really, the media should also report Rons' comments too, to make it more realistic.  ok
cineater
Legend

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2010, 01:01:36 AM »

I don't know, not much is getting pass the labels these days.  I think they need to switch off the cd and go for the single.  Market it to commercials, video games, itunes and movies.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
DemocracyRose
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2010, 03:08:45 AM »

Just no.

Of course its pure speculations. But I can very well see the scenario that DJ are rerecording some parts of "old" songs.

Maybe Bumble and DJ are talking about 2 differents things?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2010, 12:36:41 PM »

Just no.

Of course its pure speculations. But I can very well see the scenario that DJ are rerecording some parts of "old" songs.

Maybe Bumble and DJ are talking about 2 differents things?
I think it's pretty clear that they are, in a sense.  People were jumping to the conclusion that a new album was on the horizon because the current lineup has been working on new music while out on the road.  DJ NEVER said anything remotely close to that, but some people went there.  So Ron was just killing that rumor before it got out of hand.  We've heard from just about everyone involved that there is more music in the vault.  When we hear it is an entirely different question.  DJ seems to think it won't take "as long" as CD.  But even that is vague at best.  So both guys were right in their own way.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »

Ashba was having a good laugh at Perez Hilton's expense after the latter took his words out of context and wrote about a new GNR album on the way.  hihi
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2010, 04:34:08 PM »

Ashba was having a good laugh at Perez Hilton's expense after the latter took his words out of context and wrote about a new GNR album on the way.  hihi

That ain't good, hope he won't get flamed like Dizzy and Tommy back in the days, Ron seems to have learned from the first time.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2010, 05:27:24 PM »

Just unfortunate really, the media should also report Rons' comments too, to make it more realistic.  ok

They are, but like this:

New Guns N' Roses Album Drama

Last week, Guns N' Roses guitarist D.J. Ashba was the first in the group?s inner circle to publicly mention anything about the status of a new project by the band.

At the release party of the new video game, "Call Of Duty: Black Ops," in Santa Monica on November 4, Asha commented on the band?s plans, saying, "We're talking about that right now. We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good, man. We've got a lot of good stuff on the plate coming out. It won't take as long, I promise."

Nothing concrete, nothing set in stone; simply the first reference that something is in the early stages.

Did Ashba speak out of turn, or is it simply that the mere mention of anything connected with new GNR is enough to turn fans heads around? After all, "Chinese Democracy" was 13 years in the making.

On Wednesday, guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal tried to calm the rising tide of fan interest when answering questions on his Facebook page.

"We've yet to get in a room and write as a band," notes Bumblefoot. " know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old, unreleased ['Chinese Democracy'] songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, lead singer] approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale... Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick..."

Ultimate Guitar

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2010, 05:40:23 PM »

DJ posted the link to Perez Hilton...............

I think he needs to clarify though, cause he is new to GNR, and doesn't realize what the fanbase went through with Chinese Democracy.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »

I think he needs to clarify though, cause he is new to GNR, and doesn't realize what the fanbase went through with Chinese Democracy.

What does that even mean?

In many cases people chose to ignore key words/phrases such as "wish", "believe", "hope to" and translate then into meaning promise/guarantee etc.

I guess many band members realized after a while that it's often better to keep quiet than to answer questions with things like "we hope to have....". Even though that was the truth. They did hope to do things at the time etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2010, 07:13:13 PM »

Just means, Axl is gonna get a lot of unjust criticism when a new album doesn't come out till 2014 when he never said anything about it.

When that puts u in the top 3 trending topics, it becomes a big deal and should be clarified by DJ and he shouldn't keep perpetuating it by posting links to the story if they don't have something in the works.

where does DJ Use the words wish or believe or hope to have? He doesn't.

D.J. Ashba said that fans won't have to wait long for the band's next studio album. "We're talking about that right now," he said. "We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good, man. We've got a lot of good stuff on the plate coming out. It won't take as long, I promise. Yeah, I'm excited to get this next one rolling. A lot of great shit. Axl [Rose, vocals] has a lot of good shit up his sleeve, so I'm really excited about it."

He says "Wont have to wait long" "I Promise" "STuff Coming Out"

I know u are doing your spin control, but DJ obviously misspoke and should come out and retract that before it makes Axl look bad.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:17:46 PM by D » Logged

icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »

DJ is mostlikely right when he said "fans won't have to wait long for the band's next studio album"  CD did take 13 years.   So what are the chances that we will have to wait that long again.  Especially, if they rework some of the old songs that are already written and recorded.

Clever words on DJ's part.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2010, 07:50:44 PM »

D makes a good point.  GNR is topping searches all over this internet thingy.  Grin
Pretty damn cool if you ask me...but like D said, this buzz has a negative side to it in that some will perceive the absence of an album soon as an affront...dumb but true.  but also true that many are dumb. Smiley

http://www.spin.com/articles/axl-rose-writing-next-g-n-r-album-more?cb=cdninvalidate#comment-77282

It can't hurt to support the band with a good word under some of the many articles posted.
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »

where does DJ Use the words wish or believe or hope to have? He doesn't.

You were talking about "what the fanbase went through with Chinese Democracy.", so was I. Not about Dj's latest comment.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: