Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:58:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dj Ashba: There is "Absolutely" More Guns N' Roses Material In The Future
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dj Ashba: There is "Absolutely" More Guns N' Roses Material In The Future  (Read 12862 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: October 24, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »

DJ ASHBA Guests On New Iron City Rocks

DJ Ashba is featured on the latest Iron City Rocks podcast (episode #129) prior to the Guns N' Roses U.S. tour.

Iron City Rocks: Is there more [Guns N' Roses] material in the future?

Dj Ashba: Absolutely, yeah absolutely, that's our main focus with it right now.  Obviously with me being a song writer and producer.

I don't jump into anything just to jump into something.  When I got the phone call...it's the same way I co-wrote and co-produced the Motley Crue stuff.  I know I could bring something to the table.  I understand the music because I grew up on it.

I feel the same way with Guns, and Slash, you know, I grew up cutting my teeth on people like Slash.  I have the utmost respect for his guitar playing and his style. I feel I get where he's coming from on that. No one will ever replace him and that's not why I'm here. I felt I could do the gig justice as far as staying true to the vision where everything left off. 

That's really why I got involved.  I wanted to work with Axl -- I think I can bring something to the table. He [Axl] has a lot of material -- a ton or really good music just sitting there, and I've written a bunch of stuff for him too.  That's the goal...to put out hopefully the next best Guns N' Roses record.

There's more, this part @23.20, he starts talking about Axl around 22:30: http://ironcityrocks.com/?powerpress_pinw=1048-podcast

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:42:04 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »

so DJ will be the producer of the next LP?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:45:11 AM »

That kinda makes sense, since DJ helped write almost all of the songs on M?tley Cr?e's Saints Of Los Angeles album and the album was actually pretty good.  ok

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 02:11:29 AM »

With DJ it will be more classic rock maybe, and loud guitars. God, can't wait. I hope they songs like Oh My God too tho peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 05:01:50 AM »

I honestly believe Mr Ashba is best thing to happen to GnR in a long time i think he and Axl will be a proper songwriting team like Izzy/Axl back in the day.
I also agree that it will probably be more rocknroll and less industrial sounding which would appease a lot of old school fans.
I wonder if the stuff with Ashba will come out after next Chinese Democracy album with The General , Soul Monster , Atlas Shrugged etc or if they will put some brand new songs on the next album along side them
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 05:35:26 AM »

so DJ will be the producer of the next LP?

I think i know the answer to that question but i dont know if i can share it right now

the most sick fan in the middle east
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 08:24:08 AM »

I honestly believe Mr Ashba is best thing to happen to GnR in a long time i think he and Axl will be a proper songwriting team like Izzy/Axl back in the day.
I also agree that it will probably be more rocknroll and less industrial sounding which would appease a lot of old school fans.
I wonder if the stuff with Ashba will come out after next Chinese Democracy album with The General , Soul Monster , Atlas Shrugged etc or if they will put some brand new songs on the next album along side them

Agreed....

It seems Axl has formed an extra friendship w/ DJ, that you just didn't see w/ Finck & BH...

I really hope DJ takes the next Album by the horns, I think he can get things going quickly
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 09:06:41 AM »

I'm kind of afraid.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 10:16:36 AM »

I'm kind of afraid.

Why?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »

I'm kind of afraid.

Seconded.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 11:47:59 AM »

I agree with sworrm on this one....Dj is the best thing to happen to Gn'R in terms of Personel. Not a diss to the other guys by any means whatsoever, but he seems the only one with any amount of influence over Axl.

Not to mention the fact that DJ is a amazing musician and writer, among the million other things he does.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:50:01 AM by axlrosegnr » Logged

Axl is God.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 12:26:27 PM »

Can anyone point me to what they would consider to be a "great" song that DJ has written?   
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 12:38:18 PM »

Can anyone point me to what they would consider to be a "great" song that DJ has written?   

Both Sixx A.M. albums?

Axl is God.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 01:00:55 PM »

Umm.... Let me try again.   Has DJ written anything with the depth of say Prostitute, or Catcher or Breakdown or Locomotive or Estranged ?  I guess that is my question.   
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 01:06:53 PM »

Umm.... Let me try again.   Has DJ written anything with the depth of say Prostitute, or Catcher or Breakdown or Locomotive or Estranged ?  I guess that is my question.   

No, but Sixx A.M. and Motley aren't really the type of bands that would play those types of songs either.....give the guy a chance before writing him off.

Axl is God.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 01:08:52 PM »

I think DJ is very business savvy and if he motivates Axl into working on getting a new album out then that can only be a good thing ok
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 01:13:13 PM »

[/quote ]
no but neither has slash, izzy , tobias , bucket or anyone else without axl, theres nothing on velvet revolver or snakepit that comes close to locomotive its cos he was pushed by axl, axl said himself he had to really push slash to come up with parts to november rain and estranged.
the diff with ashba is that like izzy he can construct a song where as some guitarists just come up with a bunch of riffs that need putting together to make a song
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 01:30:08 PM »

That's good to hear, because I think that is one thing they have been sorely lacking.
Seems Axl has had a hard time finding a guitarist he is totally in sync with as well.
Maybe Ashba solves both issues.
Throw in the fact that he seems like the type of guy that could light a fire under his ass and it seems like DJ was a great find after all.
Hopefully it translates in the studio.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 01:35:10 PM »

Why?

Are you guys afraid that the new material will sound like Motley Crue or Sixx:AM?

Axl will guide the sound of the album, as this is still GN'R.  I think what will happen is that Axl will incorporate DJ's contributions and musical personality into the sonic tapestry of what he wants the next GN'R record to sound like, as opposed to letting DJ control the sound of the new material. 

I think that's what happened with Bucket and Robin, too.  They added their distinct styles to the GN'R sound, but they didn't take it over, IMO.

Ali
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »

Its always good to see that the band is planning new things for the future. Definitely.

But I think its safe to say goodbye to all hope of a more industrial sound (like the leaked demos) for the next album. And I was happy living with that hope...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: