Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:01:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 466784 times)
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #2020 on: April 08, 2012, 04:02:15 PM »

Can't wait for this to be over.

All the silly expectations, demands, speculation and so on makes this just less interesting. All the extra attention to all this reunion bullshit...

It's awesome for the band to get the recognition. And I'm happy for them and the fans that this means a lot to.
Those who demand reunions and performances and so on, I don't really have much to say to.

It's kinda telling how uninformed some of the people yelling for a reunion are. Izzy hasn't said a single word about this event in public. Yet people assume he'll show up and perform? I guess there's a chance, like they say in Dumb & Dumber, but it seems like this little fact has been overlooked. Completely.

When you point it out to them, then it's like "Well maybe we can get somebody to replace him...". Oh really? And then it's "If Axl doesn't show up, maybe XXXXXX can sing". So that's your dream reunion? Ok.... Can't wait to get the ceremony over with so people can focus on other things. We got an European tour to look forward to. Hell yeah!  beer

/jarmo

Hey really cool post, there is so much being said, that you cant really know where to look for information so thanks for clearing things up. I found it on blabbermouth, I mean Steve is as steve is and steve does, pretty huge topic , any more info to the point except irrelevant trolling but hey lets not mention whom? Where is Izzy nowdays, does anyone even know?

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #2021 on: April 08, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »

I think its safe to say that Lana Del Ray should induct the band

I checked her site actually and the video on her website kicks major ass!!  yes Quite interesting package altogether! Damn, I should be checking out music more often....but there is so much information available... !

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2022 on: April 08, 2012, 04:31:13 PM »

Decided to pick up one of the final seats for Duff's thing at the HOB Friday. Enjoyed his book so much that I figured what the hell, $34 ain't bad. Good way to kick off the weekend in Cleveland.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2023 on: April 09, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »

I remember ABBA said ahead of time 2 members would not be showing up and therefore they would not perform-you would think the Monday before we would get an idea if Axl will just show up-Dizzy said he would be there, but that was a couple of months ago.

libertad
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2024 on: April 09, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »

I was just told someone that according to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame materials, Guns N' Roses are listed as a 2012 performer.

Take it however you want - this isn't meant to start ANOTHER fight, just passing along what someone from the Rock Hall just told me.

ok
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2025 on: April 09, 2012, 12:48:41 PM »

I was just told someone that according to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame materials, Guns N' Roses are listed as a 2012 performer.

Take it however you want - this isn't meant to start ANOTHER fight, just passing along what someone from the Rock Hall just told me.

ok

That's cool, Guns N' Roses (The REAL GNR ...Axl, DJ, BBF, Tommy, Fortus, Dizzy, Pitman and Frank) should perform.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2026 on: April 09, 2012, 12:53:40 PM »

ok

That's cool, Guns N' Roses (The REAL GNR ...Axl, DJ, BBF, Tommy, Fortus, Dizzy, Pitman and Frank) should perform.

If GNR (AFD era with Adler) performed - that's fine with me.
If GNR (UYI era with Sorum/Dizzy) performed - that's fine with me.
If GNR (CD era) performed - that's fine with me.

I don't care who plays, I really don't. I'm going for the history and for the moment that is once in a lifetime.

It's going to be fucking awesome regardless what happens.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2027 on: April 09, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »

ok

They are listed as a performer because that is the category that fall into, they were performers.  It doesn't mean they are performing that night.

The  categories are performers, sidemen and early influence.  GNR, Beasties, Chili Peppers etc are performers.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:57:49 PM by Bodhi » Logged
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2028 on: April 09, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »

ok

They are listed as a performer because that is the category that fall into, they were performers.  It doesn't mean they are performing that night.
'

I think they fall into the "Inductee" category, no? Guess we will see in five days. Just passing along what someone told me, take it for what it's worth!

*EDIT*Just looked online and found this...

http://rockhall.com/inductees/

Listed as INDUCTEES as the general category, PERFORMERS as the subcategory.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2029 on: April 09, 2012, 12:58:24 PM »

ok

BBF said he is not attending.

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2030 on: April 09, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »

ok

Until GNR says it on the official page, I will believe it when I see it-Dizzy said in Febuary all the original members would be there, but said he did not talk to Axl about performing.

libertad
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2031 on: April 09, 2012, 01:28:24 PM »

in the new millennium Axl Rose brought a brand new line-up of Guns N’ Roses on the road and in 2008 they released their long-awaited album Chinese Democracy. In recent years, Rose has welcomed original members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin onto his stage - but he remains committed to the new lineup  and they remain a touring juggernaut.

Glad the hall has made this clear.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2032 on: April 09, 2012, 01:32:58 PM »

Yeah, that's the category they fall into.  They have been listed as "performers" since it went up on the site, I believe.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2033 on: April 09, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »

can play ex.gunners
can play gunners

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #2034 on: April 09, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »

I can't see Axl even going to this event anymore.  I am sorry I think it would be too akward for him.  Does anyone else agree that he probably won't show up?  I of course have nothing to base this prediction off of.  I just see his weekend being a thousand times easier not attending. 
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2035 on: April 09, 2012, 08:48:55 PM »

I can't see Axl even going to this event anymore.  I am sorry I think it would be too akward for him.  Does anyone else agree that he probably won't show up?  I of course have nothing to base this prediction off of.  I just see his weekend being a thousand times easier not attending. 

I agree. I thought he would show...up until Adler started running his mouth. Axl is probably going to save himself the drama and sit this one out.  I hope I am wrong though.
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #2036 on: April 09, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »

I agree.  Guns has over 2 months of shows booked in Europe and Axl probably does not want to throw a monkey wrench into it.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #2037 on: April 09, 2012, 09:55:34 PM »

i havent had a lot of luck in life, it's been a rough ride, but i'm 5 days away from my dreams possibly coming true.  as phil collins once said "please give me one more night".

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #2038 on: April 09, 2012, 10:38:52 PM »

i havent had a lot of luck in life, it's been a rough ride, but i'm 5 days away from my dreams possibly coming true.  as phil collins once said "please give me one more night".

I appreciate your passion.  I really do.  I hope if Saturday doesn't fulfill your dreams you can find luck elsehwere.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2039 on: April 10, 2012, 12:33:55 AM »

I thought from the beginning that he would attend.  But as it became more and more clear that a performance was probably not in the offing, I questioned why he should even bother attending.  If he's not going to perform, why go?  And I ask that question hoping he does go, since I'll be there.  But honestly, I don't see the point.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: