Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 11:08:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227996 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1582507 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3940 on: January 14, 2015, 12:00:23 PM »

True. It's not the old school guitar hard rock. But there's a lot of guitars on the album and also a lot of amazing solos.

That's what makes the album what it is. I think. There's all these layers, it's not "just" one thing.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3941 on: January 14, 2015, 12:57:13 PM »

True. It's not the old school guitar hard rock. But there's a lot of guitars on the album and also a lot of amazing solos.

That's what makes the album what it is. I think. There's all these layers, it's not "just" one thing.  ok

/jarmo

Agreed. But I think that this lineup needs to carve it's own niche. I felt that on CD the songs that worked best (for example: If the world, Prostitute, Madagascar) were the songs that didnt necessarily try to sound like GNR.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #3942 on: January 14, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »

Yeah, I guess it's hard to make space for everything in a GNR song. I wish Axl had time for a solo project too so we could possibly hear some songs from him that are even further from the classic rock genre. With his own solo stuff he wouldn't have to take the GNR legacy into consideration as much, it wouldn't be an issue weighing him down if he wanted to head into some completely off the wall territory. Didn't he once mention something about some solo electronic music? That is something I would really like to hear from him. He seems busy enough with GNR alone though so I understand why he doesn't do it. It sure would be cool though. I would be looking forward to it just as much as I am looking forward to the next GNR album(s).

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3943 on: January 14, 2015, 01:47:16 PM »

Yeah, I guess it's hard to make space for everything in a GNR song. I wish Axl had time for a solo project too so we could possibly hear some songs from him that are even further from the classic rock genre. With his own solo stuff he wouldn't have to take the GNR legacy into consideration as much, it wouldn't be an issue weighing him down if he wanted to head into some completely off the wall territory. Didn't he once mention something about some solo electronic music? That is something I would really like to hear from him. He seems busy enough with GNR alone though so I understand why he doesn't do it. It sure would be cool though. I would be looking forward to it just as much as I am looking forward to the next GNR album(s).

It's a double edged sword I guess but it comes with the territory when he continued under the GNR banner. Fans realistically shouldn't be expecting the music to sound like the old band. Not the same people. People have different influences.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3944 on: January 14, 2015, 02:48:02 PM »

It's a double edged sword I guess but it comes with the territory when he continued under the GNR banner. Fans realistically shouldn't be expecting the music to sound like the old band. Not the same people. People have different influences.

Very true.

And me, personally, I'm more about the infrequency of releases than I am how they sound.  CD sounds nothing like proper Guns N' Roses, but I still dug it.

But that's all I have.  Here's Axl Rose, my favorite artist ever.  He spend a decade plus of his life to make us these 14 songs. 

Pretty weak.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #3945 on: January 14, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »

^^ Well to be fair, he put a lot of material together in that time frame other than just those 14 tracks. I know we don't have any of them... yet. Things could really change for the better this year though. Here's to hoping! Maybe this time we really will get a double album... or even the new album and the CD remix... our number of available new era GNR tracks could potentially double or even triple this year. That would be insane!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3946 on: January 14, 2015, 03:07:31 PM »

^^ Well to be fair, he put a lot of material together in that time frame other than just those 14 tracks. I know we don't have any of them... yet. Things could really change for the better this year though. Here's to hoping! Maybe this time we really will get a double album... or even the new album and the CD remix... our number of available new era GNR tracks could potentially double or even triple this year. That would be insane!

Show me, don't tell me.  That would basically be my stance.

I'm tired of hearing about all this brilliance that's in this vault.  I'm certainly not going to go as far as to add it to his tally.  His tally, since the band broke up, is 15 songs.  Maybe he has 15 more.  Maybe he has 55 more.  Who the fuck knows?  What I know is that I have 15 songs.  That's what I can verifiably point to.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #3947 on: January 14, 2015, 03:12:47 PM »

sorry to tire you out  Wink

All I'm saying is that things have the potential to change this year. I guess they always do, but things are looking pretty good with MYGNR allowing that Kaneda guy to post about that rumor. The only way they would allow a thread like that to stay open is if the tc can verify their source, so I take it as a good sign that his topic there is still open. Then again, who knows who his source is, and I know these kinds of things have been said before, even by band members... once again, here's to hoping!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3948 on: January 14, 2015, 03:19:07 PM »

All I'm saying is that things have the potential to change this year. I guess they always do, but things are looking pretty good with MYGNR allowing that Kaneda guy to post about that rumor. The only way they would allow a thread like that to stay open is if the tc can verify their source, so I take it as a good sign that his topic there is still open. Then again, who knows who his source is, and I know these kinds of things have been said before, even by band members... once again, here's to hoping!

I do think that thread has been closed at least once though.  But I see its up to 21 pages now.  Of course...we are talking about Axl's hair at this point.

I'm right with you that things could perk up this year.  Here is my issue.  People (not you, but just in general) will often try and use that sort of goodwill now, but then clam right up if it never pans out.  I think that's lame.  If you are going to beat the drum with how positive things look now based on what we were told, its becuase you believe that.  Logically, if it doesn't pan out, what you believed was going to happen did not happen.  You were lied to and your belief was misplaced.

However, the opposite of hopeful is disappointed.  The opposite of hopeful is not "well, its not my place to speculate", just to avoid saying he let you down because you think he's watching you. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:21:02 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #3949 on: January 14, 2015, 04:28:20 PM »

Not sure he had the GN?R legacy in mind when creating CD.
Songs like Oh My God, Prostitute and Shackler?s Revenge for instance are songs the old band wouldn?t want any part of.
I think Oh My God is the shit, and Shackler?s is just shit, but the point is they both strayed very far from GN?R?s ?87-?93 output.

Boiling it down to what?s most important, the music, I think it?s cool he?s operating without the restraints of a band name or genre, but I wouldn?t say he?s paying any mind to GN?R?s legacy.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3950 on: January 14, 2015, 05:14:16 PM »

GN'R has never been about being pigeonholed into a category. Never.
When people thought they were a hard rock band, they put out a bunch of acoustic stuff. That was followed by anything from piano ballads to a hard rock cover of a song by the Wings. And on to Oh My God and Chinese Democracy.

If Axl was so concerned about trying to make a "GN'R sounding" record, Chinese Democracy would've been a lot different.
The GN'R name is a stamp of quality. Not a definition on how a song is supposed to be.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #3951 on: January 14, 2015, 05:28:23 PM »

I do think that thread has been closed at least once though.  But I see its up to 21 pages now.  Of course...we are talking about Axl's hair at this point.

I'm right with you that things could perk up this year.  Here is my issue.  People (not you, but just in general) will often try and use that sort of goodwill now, but then clam right up if it never pans out.  I think that's lame.  If you are going to beat the drum with how positive things look now based on what we were told, its becuase you believe that.  Logically, if it doesn't pan out, what you believed was going to happen did not happen.  You were lied to and your belief was misplaced.

However, the opposite of hopeful is disappointed.  The opposite of hopeful is not "well, its not my place to speculate", just to avoid saying he let you down because you think he's watching you. 

Lol about thinking Axl is watching. If it never pans out I will be disappointed. As for "not my place to speculate", are you talking about if no album comes and then someone says that they weren't necessarily lied to because the band had the intentions to get it out there but that something beyond their control could have prevented it? I don't necessarily see how that isn't a reasonable stance to take.

GN'R has never been about being pigeonholed into a category. Never.
When people thought they were a hard rock band, they put out a bunch of acoustic stuff. That was followed by anything from piano ballads to a hard rock cover of a song by the Wings. And on to Oh My God and Chinese Democracy.

If Axl was so concerned about trying to make a "GN'R sounding" record, Chinese Democracy would've been a lot different.
The GN'R name is a stamp of quality. Not a definition on how a song is supposed to be.

/jarmo

I always thought that if Axl were to make a solo album it would be ten times further away from Appetite than CD was because it wouldn't need to have guitars and stuff like that.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3952 on: January 14, 2015, 05:38:51 PM »

I always thought that if Axl were to make a solo album it would be ten times further away from Appetite than CD was because it wouldn't need to have guitars and stuff like that.

In his own words:
A solo record would be completely different than this and probably much more instrumental.

/jarmo

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #3953 on: January 14, 2015, 05:42:36 PM »

^^ That would be awesome. I'd love to see Axl do the Yanni thing.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3954 on: January 14, 2015, 06:16:52 PM »

/jarmo

Ya know Jarmo, I don't always agree with you, but I'll be damned if that isn't a great quote right there.  ok
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #3955 on: January 14, 2015, 07:12:44 PM »

The not being pigeon holed thing is a big part of what makes prospective releases from the band so exciting. It makes GNR a real wild card. You never know what you're gonna get, but you know it's gonna be good.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3956 on: January 15, 2015, 07:00:59 AM »

Show me, don't tell me.  That would basically be my stance.

I'm tired of hearing about all this brilliance that's in this vault.  I'm certainly not going to go as far as to add it to his tally.  His tally, since the band broke up, is 15 songs.  Maybe he has 15 more.  Maybe he has 55 more.  Who the fuck knows?  What I know is that I have 15 songs.  That's what I can verifiably point to.

Lots of artists have lots of music in their vaults. However, I am with you, we have 15 original released songs in 24 years. Facts are facts.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #3957 on: January 15, 2015, 08:04:36 AM »

Lots of artists have lots of music in their vaults. However, I am with you, we have 15 original released songs in 24 years. Facts are facts.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3958 on: January 15, 2015, 08:19:53 AM »

Ya know Jarmo, I don't always agree with you, but I'll be damned if that isn't a great quote right there.  ok

Thanks.

The not being pigeon holed thing is a big part of what makes prospective releases from the band so exciting. It makes GNR a real wild card. You never know what you're gonna get, but you know it's gonna be good.

Exactly!

Some love that aspect, others don't. I think it makes sense. People change. So it's not weird that it would be reflected in their music.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3959 on: January 15, 2015, 08:42:50 AM »

Thanks.

Exactly!

Some love that aspect, others don't. I think it makes sense. People change. So it's not weird that it would be reflected in their music.

/jarmo

I think most objection to the music changing is the fact that the band has changed 7 times over... if the Appetite/ Illusion band evolved in to producing the Chinese songs... then it would not have been met with one tenth of the same push back.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: