Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 12:04:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228030 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now  (Read 110090 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2013, 09:40:01 PM »

What gives you the impression GN'R doesn't respect their fans?

What other band treats their fans like this?

Like what? Plays over 200 shows in less than four years?

Its get back to what I was saying earlier.  You cut off all communication, sometimes for YEARS at a time...you really can't bitch when people get antsy.

What are we talking about now? It's August 2013. The band played their last shows last month.

It's not 2005!

We waited for this album for an eon.  It comes out, Axl goes MIA for over a solid year.  Who does that?  That's a natural thing?  To work on something all that time, do precisely zero promotion outside a few unfocused chats on some random message boards, and that's normal?  And WE become the bad guys when we ask what that's about?

So you still think that's not respecting your fans? By not promoting the album and instead talking directly to the fans? That's disrespecting your fans?

You do precisely zero interviews outside some pre-arranged thing with a handpicked guy like Del?  You have no major announcement for your tour, you do zero promotion in any town you are in, and that's all just business as usual?  Where?  The Bizarro Homeworld?

You had Axl on That Metal Show, you had Axl on Jimmy Kimmel.....  

Axl wasn't doing a lot of interviews back i the day either. And when he did, he did it with... You guessed it, Del!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2013, 09:46:44 PM »

We waited for this album for an eon.  It comes out, Axl goes MIA for over a solid year.  Who does that?  That's a natural thing?  To work on something all that time, do precisely zero promotion outside a few unfocused chats on some random message boards, and that's normal?  And WE become the bad guys when we ask what that's about?

So you still think that's not respecting your fans? By not promoting the album and instead talking directly to the fans? That's disrespecting your fans?

What is it...good?

You work 10 plus years on an album.  It comes out, you disappear.  No other major act does this, Jarmo.  None.

The only "press" you do is a pre-arranged interview with pre-approved questions.  And a bunch of rambling chants online, very little of which has to do with the new material, the current band, any of it.  That's who got fucked on this the worst.  How would you like to put all this time and effort into a project that looked like it may never see the light of day, only to have it actually come out...and your captain goes off the reservation?  Or have him only want to talk about the growing more ever distant past?

You tour all over the world, mostly in secret.  No press, no announcement, no local promotion.  Its up to diehards on message boards to stay informed?  No major act does this, Jarmo.

And that is your response?  "Hey, he did sit down with Jimmy Kimmel 4 years later, stop your bitching?"  Are you serious right now? 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 09:49:25 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2013, 09:50:12 PM »

What is it...good?

You work 10 plus years on an album.  It comes out, you disappear.  No other major act does this, Jarmo.  None.

The only "press" you do is a pre-arranged interview with pre-approved questions.  And a bunch of rambling chants online, very little of which has to do with the new material, the current band, any of it.  That's who got fucked on this the worst.  How would you like to put all this time and effort into a project that looked like it may never see the light of day, only to have it actually come out...and your captain goes off the reservation?  Or have him only want to talk about the growing more ever distant past?

Your tour all over the world, mostly in secret.  No press, no announcement, no local promotion.  Its up to diehard on message boards to stay informed?  No major act does this, Jarmo.

And that is your response?  "Hey, he did sit down with Jimmy Kimmel 4 years later, stop your bitching?"  Are you serious right now? 

there was plenty of promotion here in Australia when they toured in March, ads in the paper, all over the radio, television commercials, billboards... It was in no way a secret tour. It was also advertised with VIP packages on gunsnroses.com

the tour promotion etc is more for the promoter to handle than GNR... they are the one who needs to sell tickets to the show.

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2013, 09:50:59 PM »

there was plenty of promotion here in Australia when they toured in March, ads in the paper, all over the radio, television commercials, billboards... It was in no way a secret tour. It was also advertised with VIP packages on gunsnroses.com

Well, you did a damn sight better than we did Stateside, I can tell you that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »

I guess I'm just gunning to go back to stealing James Hetfield's mail.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2013, 09:54:14 PM »

What does it matter how much they promote a concert?   Do you dump thousands of dollars in ads, when the show is selling well regardless.  

Fernando if you are still reading this please tell Bumblefoot and Axl my son Jim says "hi" and we hope GNR resumes their tour soon in the USA!  
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2013, 09:57:09 PM »

What is it...good?

David Bowie released an album earlier this year. Is he on tour? Doing interviews?

Maybe he is. Things just seemed kinda quiet around him. If he is, I'll have to think of somebody else. He was the first one that popped into my mind.

So you moved on from the band not respecting their fans to Axl not promoting his band enough?

Your tour all over the world, mostly in secret.  No press, no announcement, no local promotion.  Its up to diehard on message boards to stay informed?  No major act does this, Jarmo.

No local promotion? Are you talking out of personal experience?

Here's my personal experience. I've walked around cities where GN'R has played, seen posters, billboards, flyers and so on. I've seen newspaper interviews with band members. I've seen band members be interviewed on radio and TV.

I guess me being there and seeing it doesn't count?

My response to you being upset about the album's release in 2008 in the year 2013 and how it relates to the band not respecting their fans?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2013, 10:00:29 PM »

I give up, Jarmo.  Everything is fuckin' cream cheese, I guess.

Other fanbases should clearly envy our situation, because its all champagne wishes and caviar dreams here in GNR land.  We are truly blessed.

Manets
Rocker

« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2013, 10:02:31 PM »

That was one of the five questions.

Do you think you would get a different answer now, compared to earlier this year? And if you didn't, would you feel let down?

You take it upon yourself to compile questions, then you send them to people around Axl hoping for a response. When there's no response, some seemed to get upset.
Even if there was a response, chances are the answers might be something you already know?

If you're told something you already know, is that fine or would you feel let down because you didn't get an answer that offered you something new?

I'm just curious. That's all.

/jarmo
If he replied the same I would still feel glad that he replied. Yeah, there are chances of him answering somethin we already know in some of the questions, we were aware of that when we voted the questions.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2013, 10:05:15 PM »

When did Axl fire off that open letter?  2007?

As I recall, it didn't promise anything or guarantee anything.  But he at least took a moment to say, hey, things got fucked up, and we'll sort it out.  Even as pissed and "done with this band" people were by that point, they all got sucked back in.  It was smart.

It was also breathtaking in its rarirty.  Its like Axl got his P.R. savvy from the mafia.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2013, 10:10:30 PM »

I give up, Jarmo.  Everything is fuckin' cream cheese, I guess.

Other fanbases should clearly envy our situation, because its all champagne wishes and caviar dreams here in GNR land.  We are truly blessed.

You made a point of saying the band doesn't respect their fans. I ask for examples.

Your only examples are the lack of promotion from 2008. You ask for examples of other artists doing something similar, I give you an example.

What do you expect? Don't ask a question if you don't want an answer....

Here's an interview with David Bowie from this year: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/04/david-bowie-gives-first-interview-about-the-next-day-it-contains-42-words/
Enjoy!

When did Axl fire off that open letter?  2007?

That one was in 2006.

/jarmo

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2013, 10:11:34 PM »

Why is Axl so reclusive, I understand his right to privacy but BBF has a facebook page where he either answers questions (not related to new music) or even 'likes' a post put on which is exciting to know he has acknowledged you.  ok

It doesn't mean he'd have to be on it every day or every week like BBF, he doesn't have to post long long posts but if he can be on stage & tell a funny story (like Easter Island) then that would be enough to satisfy those of use who aren't dying to hear new music.  Grin

Any abusive or rude posts put on can be removed swiftly, most of us that like Axl don't want to be bothered reading the negative stuff anyway. Just a little communication here and there would keep us happy (well some of us).

The ones who want to bitch about gnr can come here or if they're the extreme type can go onto another forum online. The silence from him is deafening & we'd love some new pics if anyone has some to share.
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2013, 10:21:06 PM »

I give up

is that a promise? or just another idle threat?

more ppl should heed your advice. give up and move on. all good things in all good time. why argue about something over which you have absolutely zero control? you will grow old and miserable before your time.

enjoy what you have today. tomorrow may never come.
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2013, 10:24:15 PM »

I give up

more ppl should heed your advice. give up and move on. all good things in all good time. why argue about something over which you have absolutely zero control? you will grow old and miserable before your time.

otherwise, having said that, i do enjoy reading through these boards from time to time. such vitriol and dysfunction is often amusing. albeit in small doses. don't know how some can do it day after day year after year.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2013, 10:25:35 PM »

I give up

A little heavy handed, no?  We are talking about a rock band here.  Not exactly solving the world's problems.

Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2013, 10:30:22 PM »

I give up

A little heavy handed, no?  We are talking about a rock band here.  Not exactly solving the world's problems.

i dunno, man. it's all good, i guess. i just stop in from time to time and have a look around, and often all i see are a bunch of snitfits and tantrums.

and all for naught. carry on.
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2013, 10:48:11 PM »

There are things which are acceptable, then there are things which are just so far off reality that should be taken down due to the mere fact that there is absolutely not progression that can come out of what was said.

I would never expect anyone to agree 100% of the time, that's just not the way the world works and I like that.  Opinions are best when expressed in a cool state of mind with room for correction and/or improvement.

Racism should never be accepted.  That's my opinion, and that is just that - my opinion, which I am sure is shared by oh, hmmm - millions of people. 

But how does it matter whether there are a few disgruntled, obnoxious fans and ex-fans posting at one GN'R forum? How does this affect GN'R, Team Brazil's job and the rest of the fans who are looking for ward to the next chapters in GN'R? Why should any of us, you included, suffer from daft kids who enjoy throwing abuse? You are management, lift yourself above such silliness, take the high road. It should have no bearings on anyone of us. Continue to keep us informed, frustration grows from uncertainty (and please do reply to our FB conversation Wink). Cheers.

Do you truly believe that the comments of a handful of persons weigh my conscious?  It doesn't, and because of that; it fuels the hatred of these so called "rotten apples". 

I got a question; being that this is such a "tight" community, how can the mass just ignore the redundancy of these "rotten apples"?  When a simple hey joe, enough?  If that doesn't work, a vote to get a certain post deleted and that person warned?  I don't care either way, it's just an opinion.

Also, who made these people superior to say housekeepers is something someone should be ashamed of? 

What do they do that is so important and life changing that far supersedes this so "ashamed" profession? 

Anyone in whom have maids, or has had someone clean their house for them; I doubt there was not one ounce of respect where a simple hi and thank you weren't exchanged.  It baffles me that these people are considered comedic by others.

Only reason I am addressing this is because if I don't; it'll only get worse and I feel enough is enough.  These rotten apples will surely fire back with some witty responses, which will hopefully show some of the others that it gets quite boring.

The 'housekeeper' posts are getting old but it continues. I spoke to Beta about her job in Brazil and she was more than happy to tell me what she did & who she worked for. As I did the same type of work but not as high up as her it was interesting & I would have loved to know more but there were other people wanting to speak to her so I stood aside.

You're totally right, nothing wrong with being a housekeeper same as there's nothing wrong with being a housewife.  She didn't go from housekeeper to managing a band, she already had the skills of management (and keeping a group of men in line)  rofl

I was surprised at how friendly Fernando & Vanessa were, having photos taken every night with people they don't know must be a pain. BBF was great fun, I really don't get the hate & why people even bother to post if thats how they feel. The concert & meeting the band was a real lift I needed & Axl stopping the car to say hello to us when he was leaving finished off a great night with some great people I met.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2013, 11:04:07 PM »

Not wanting to do interviews is being reclusive?

Soul Monster
Headliner

« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2013, 01:20:42 AM »

It would take Axl all of 5 minutes of his life to give us a quick shout out.  The goodwill that would do is not worth it?  Of course it is. 

Is it really that simple?

That some fans just need reaffirmation from Axl?

I think certain people only want a number of things from Axl. One of them is a release date. Unless it's tentative!

/jarmo

Yes, it REALLY is that simple. Axl letting us know what the deal is with the band would REALLY silence a lot of the criticism. And yes, it wouldn't silence every criticism, like from those who demand a release data, but that is pure strawman argumentation from your side. We are not talking about what the band can do to shut up the haters, we are talking about what the band can do to appear slightly less dysfunctional and remove some of the basis for the growing frustration.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2013, 02:04:06 AM »

Well, MY problem with the communication issue is more of a matter of realizing how many people the GNR social media reaches and what message you pass whenever you post something on it.

You see, the facebook page just hit the 24 million likes landmark. That is a fucking lot of people! So when this official outlet, one that reaches to over 20 million people, posts that "at this time we have no information on tours, albums, or DVDs", in my head, a lot of those people (who has nothing to do with message boards in its majority) can think something like "What the F* is this? Don't they have a plan or anything? What is this band about nowadays?" and then create a negative image somehow - and I wouldn't blame a person who reaches the conclusion the band is clueless or lacking of interest considering only a post like that. This is a lot more harmful to the band's image than message boards trolls.

I don't expect Fernando, Beta or whoever to come over and say "Guys, we know you want new music and we're negotiating a thanksgiving release. #FingerCrossed" because things can change and then Saint Patrick's day comes and there's no album - and guess who will be blamed for it? We've seen this before.

I just think the communication has to find the line between not giving people unrealistic hopes and don't let people clueless.

Speaking for myself I would like to know what gets in the way of the band releasing new music...if they are under a nasty contract, if the record company doesn't want to invest on the project, if there is a way for the band to go independent by buying their way out (like joss stone did), if the band is even interested in going independent...I would like to know these things out of curiosity only, to try to understand this crazy GNR world. But I know it's not of my business and whenever they are supposed to put something out, they will.

But one thing is for sure: we can't say the band is keeping us in the dark. In '04 we didn't even know who was in the band! If there are things the band doesn't talk about these days is because we don't have to know them now.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:09:37 AM by Pinball Wizard » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: