Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumbelfoot Interview (Talks GN?R)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumbelfoot Interview (Talks GN?R)  (Read 28133 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »

Jarmo, you have already told me, point blank, you don't see any problems or anything amiss about the fact the current band have yet to write anything together in almost a decade.

We likely aren't going to agree on much on this topic, given that "nothing to see here" mindset you constantly adapt to avoid having to say anything critical.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »

Jarmo, you have already told me, point blank, you don't see any problems or anything amiss about the fact the current band have yet to write anything together in almost a decade.

We likely aren't going to agree on much on this topic, given that "nothing to see here" mindset you constantly adapt to avoid having to say anything critical.

I would try not to debate anything with jarmo....I have bitten my tounge several time and not posted because ...

well you gotta realize he may have started as a fan of GNR...but hes no longer a fan like the rest of us... he spends time with Axl Rose...he travels the world with him...

what do you expect? for him to knock him or some of the practices by management ? I wouldnt either

deep down he must find it maddening like the rest of us do that they cant seem to get anything out in a timely fashion....... but when hes rocking out backstage at the show.... he gets over that frustration real quick  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »

Hopefully the "mygnr exclusive" has some legs...and kind of puts Ron's concerns to rest a little bit

and hopefully new songs are introduced as promised

and hopefully the reception is all good and will hopefully lead Axl to explore new ideas for new stuff with the current guys

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2013, 11:30:48 AM »

I would try not to debate anything with jarmo....I have bitten my tounge several time and not posted because ...

well you gotta realize he may have started as a fan of GNR...but hes no longer a fan like the rest of us... he spends time with Axl Rose...he travels the world with him...

what do you expect? for him to knock him or some of the practices by management ? I wouldnt either

Oh no, I agree with every word of that.  He clearly knows where his bread is buttered, as we are not blind to that.

But I will say that the long established picture of him at other boards as a guy that bounces anyone that does not tow the line is unfair.  I don't think I'm a troll or disruptive for its own sake, but I'm hardly a team player and he lets me speak my mind.  I got no quarrel with the guy.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2013, 11:37:16 AM »

You're right. It's not a "problem". They don't need to write or record anything for me. If they do it for themselves, awesome!
But I don't sit and complain about it on the Internet. Doesn't do anything for me. Sorry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2013, 11:43:10 AM »

You're right. It's not a "problem". They don't need to write or record anything for me. If they do it for themselves, awesome!
But I don't sit and complain about it on the Internet. Doesn't do anything for me. Sorry.

Than why ever comment on anything that happens in any phase of life, ever?

You constantly want to attach all these nefarious motives to people simply having a conversation about the state of affairs.  To you, one fan telling another fan you wish they were more accessible or were quicker with a new album is not just a conversation between fellow fans.  It is one "complainer" talking to another "complainer" about "what they feel they are owed" and they "obviously are never going to be happy".

What a dim view of humankind.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »

I never stated anything like that. That's your assumption. Somewhat insulting, but what's new? As soon as people run out of answers, they go the personal route "oh but you're this and that"....

If you honestly believe that, maybe you see everything in black and white? Which would be unfortunate.

Do you seriously claim that there aren't certain fans who will complain no matter what? Some people are like that, nothing I can do about it. They live among us.
But I'm not gonna sit and let them think they are a "right". Right, isn't the word. What I mean is, there's a different point of view that people sometimes forget exists if they are constantly bombarded with the same negative opinions day after day.

I don't like to be surrounded by people who are only negative and offer nothing constructive. Do you? I'm sorry. Yeah, on a sunny day, they might be the most supportive fans on the planet (when they get what they demand), but once the novelty wears off, they're back to their old habits. I don't necessarily understand that.

Oh, and I get wanting new things. It's human. But it doesn't have to be this negative thing....  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2013, 01:00:20 PM »

Do you seriously claim that there aren't certain fans who will complain no matter what?

As you and Team Brazil define the term?  I don't see that as complaining.

Quick example.  Fernando's last announcement that there might someday be an announcement.  Many people had some fun with that, due to both its vauge tone and their track record.  But I would not call it complaining, more like breaking balls.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2013, 01:18:33 PM »

As you and Team Brazil define the term?  I don't see that as complaining.

Only speaking for myself, but my definition of complaining is what I learned in school. Hasn't changed over the years. Smiley

Quick example.  Fernando's last announcement that there might someday be an announcement.  Many people had some fun with that, due to both its vauge tone and their track record.  But I would not call it complaining, more like breaking balls.

Is that what it is? Just a way to have fun and pass time?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »

Mostly, yeah.  Not everything is an evil plot by "the haters".

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2013, 01:35:34 PM »

Sure. But what's the purpose? To amuse the original poster? What good comes out of it?
To me, most of it is just disruptive and not constructive in any way....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2013, 02:02:58 AM »

Sure. But what's the purpose? To amuse the original poster? What good comes out of it?
To me, most of it is just disruptive and not constructive in any way....

All it is, is talking about the goings on of our common interest.  Just conversation about what goes on.

If we didn't really and truly care, we wouldn't talk about it as much as we do.  And we all want to see good things, ultimately.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: