Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135678 times)
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2014, 12:01:51 PM »

Show is up in HD

Nicolas Cage and Dice Present Lifetime Award

Revolver Golden Gods 2014 - Nicolas Cage Presents Lifetime Achievement Award

Jungle

YouTube

Sweet Child

Revolver Golden Gods 2014 - Guns N Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine

PC

Revolver Golden Gods 2014 - Guns N Roses - Paradise City
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2014, 12:17:35 PM »

"Thank you, thank you very much. It cost me an awful lot to pay him to say all that stuff. So... Anyway, I wanna thank our band, crew, all of our line ups, our line up right now.. I wanna thank our sound man and producer Caram, and all of you! Thank you very much." - Axl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2014, 12:22:35 PM »

Did anybody catch our favorite singer get an lifetime achievement award and thanking all the line ups of the band?
Did anybody realize this was promoting the current band? Did anybody realize that they played some songs from Chinese Democracy?
Did anybody miss that the set didn't start with the songs you expected?

Sometimes it seems like it's easy to forget what you got because you're solely focused on the same discussion in every thread about every show.
I feel kinda bad for those of you who have to go through these times with that mindset.

Highly successful tour in South America, a tour where some said nobody would show up.
Having Duff fill in for Tommy. Historic event in itself.
Having Axl get acknowledged for what he's done.
Having GN'R play for an hour at the biggest heavy metal award show.
GN'R wlll be on VH1 on the near future.

ok

/jarmo
.    Yes & thank god for all those things! GnR was & still is the greatest rock band of all time with the greatest songs of time & AxL is simply the most unique incredible Frontman of all time & watching him live is always exciting as hell- you just can't take your eyes off him & his voice at times has been so powerful it is mind blowing! I think the fans making a lot of the comments about his voice agree with everthing but are simply making an observation that his voice in 2010 seemed to be at it's absolute finest & most powerful. He sounded terrific in the shows I saw live from 2006- 2011 but in London 2010 it all came together- his voice was simply stunning & was so powerful it felt like he could knock over a building! I have never had so many goosebumps! That does not take away from any other of his or the band's achievements however I could be wrong but I think this is what a lot of fans here are trying to say but Jarmo is viewing the comments as just a criticism & some fans not appreciating the positives over the years

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2014, 12:23:08 PM »

I usually keep my mouth shut, but the Monday Morning Quaterbacking that goes on after the shows is getting old.  Everyone is entilted to their opinion, but the same point over and over is tired.  If fans don't like what they hear make your point and move on.  Stop repeating yourself.  Axl is trying his best and it's far better than most.    
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:34:12 PM by gnrrock » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »

Hopefully Axl thanking Caram means they're still working on the next album together and it hasn't been completely scrapped, like some evidence would suggest...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2014, 12:26:40 PM »

I slightly altered the original post by giving the points and questions numbers so my answers would be easier to follow.
1. Did anybody catch our favorite singer get an lifetime achievement award and thanking all the line ups of the band?
2. Did anybody realize this was promoting the current band? Did anybody realize that they played some songs from Chinese Democracy?
3. Did anybody miss that the set didn't start with the songs you expected?

Sometimes it seems like it's easy to forget what you got because you're solely focused on the same discussion in every thread about every show.
I feel kinda bad for those of you who have to go through these times with that mindset.

4. Highly successful tour in South America, a tour where some said nobody would show up.
5. Having Duff fill in for Tommy. Historic event in itself.
6. Having Axl get acknowledged for what he's done.
7. Having GN'R play for an hour at the biggest heavy metal award show.
8. GN'R wlll be on VH1 on the near future.
1. I'm sure some did, I was at work. I'm glad for my former favorite singer and most of the line ups. Watched it now before posting this.
2. Current band, old songs. Yes Chinese Democracy is their latest album, but 5.5 year old songs are old, not current. We all know which songs are from which album.
3. That really doesn't matter.

Me personally got nothing out of this. I'm happy for the people who still think Axl's got a good voice while performing live. I don't, but it really doesn't matter to you or the singer. You'll both get paid. These times are easy to get through with loads of great music, both old and new!

4. Yes, great for the SA fans. That is the place where GN'R always will play for sold out crowds, anybody who thinks otherwise are ignorant.
5. That is indeed pretty f'k'n awesome.
6. Good for him!
7. Good for them! I'm not much for award shows, especially when it comes to music.
8. Ok.

I'm by the way not repeating myself, I barely post or visit this site as much as I used to.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2014, 12:44:52 PM »

Axl's voice, especially on This i Love, is horrible.
Anyone who says otherwise is either deaf or lying to himself
Or they just have a different opinion than you.

Ali

Right. If someone says Beverly Hills 902010 is a better show than Breaking Bad, thats also a different opinion, but it's still false.
How can an opinion fundamentally be false?  The factual or informational basis for the opinion can be false or inaccurate, but a person's preference can't be "false", you can merely disagree with it.

Ali
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2014, 12:48:56 PM »

So all those slagging negative comments about recent vocals because 'you can't judge by a youtube clip' are going to apologise now??.

Oh yeah.  I'm sure they are getting right on that.

I think there is a fundamental difference in the sound quality between a cell phone-based audience recording and a soundboard recording.  The vast majority of YouTube clips I see from shows are cell phone-based audience recordings, which, IMO, are fundamentally poorer in quality.

Ali
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2014, 12:54:10 PM »

The beginning of PC wasn't so hot, but once the song kicked in Axl sounded excellent!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2014, 12:56:29 PM »

I think there is a fundamental difference in the sound quality between a cell phone-based audience recording and a soundboard recording.  The vast majority of YouTube clips I see from shows are cell phone-based audience recordings, which, IMO, are fundamentally poorer in quality.

Last night was impeccable sound quality, and it did not sound a hell of a lot different than any number of the allegedly unreliable recordings we had been seeing for weeks.

That argument is over and done with.  He sounds how he sounds.  The end.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2014, 01:10:19 PM »

Last night was impeccable sound quality, and it did not sound a hell of a lot different than any number of the allegedly unreliable recordings we had been seeing for weeks.

That argument is over and done with.  He sounds how he sounds.  The end.

yeah.... you have to come to terms with it... i don't harp op on how he sounds...i've accepted he sounds differently now

the guitar work... thats ... i dont know... Axl likes him ... but i dont get it

but since Jarmo wants us to acknowledge only the great stuff from last night...

let me do that... i had a blast watching, its awesome to see Duff play another show...Its So Easy with him is easily the highlight, they did play my two favorite tracks from CD, and hopefully it turned some people on to some of the newer guys like Frank and Richard who were on top of their game it seems

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #351 on: April 24, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »

"Thank you, thank you very much. It cost me an awful lot to pay him to say all that stuff. So... Anyway, I wanna thank our band, crew, all of our line ups, our line up right now.. I wanna thank our sound man and producer Caram, and all of you! Thank you very much." - Axl

/jarmo

Since i wasn't expecting anything more than a short little thank you... i liked what he said..came across well

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
cineater
Legend

« Reply #352 on: April 24, 2014, 01:22:11 PM »

/jarmo

Since i wasn't expecting anything more than a short little thank you... i liked what he said..came across well

Very humble and endearing man when he speaks into a microphone
but when he grabs the mic,
look out!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #353 on: April 24, 2014, 01:33:14 PM »

but since Jarmo wants us to acknowledge only the great stuff from last night...

I just thought that since some spent quite some time whining about the lack of things in the GN'R world, that this event would actually get acknowledged. Of course I was wrong and it's more of the same.

Thanks for trying though, even though it was kinda forced.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #354 on: April 24, 2014, 01:40:55 PM »

Man, Slayer debuted a new song last night and it's a headline a Rolling Stone.  Imagine if GNR did the same?  Another missed opportunity, and shows we're likely no closer to the next record.  Cry
Annie
« Reply #355 on: April 24, 2014, 01:41:31 PM »

I only have 1 word to describe last night . Magical !
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #356 on: April 24, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »

remember last time GNR was on VH1?

hack job London O2 show...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #357 on: April 24, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »

A review of the show/performance:

The biggest question before the start of this year's Golden Gods was this: Would Guns N' Roses actually show up for their performance slot to accompany vocalist Axl Rose?s Lifetime Achievement Award? Turns out the answer was yes, but fans were left hanging for a bit to wonder.

After being presented with his award, Rose left the stage and then an awkward 10 minutes passed, during which guitarist Bumblefoot played the theme from "Jeopardy," snippets from Sammy Hagar?s "Three Lock Box," and a bunch of guitar noodling before Rose finally reappeared and led his band ? which included original bassist Duff McKagan ? through an hour-long, eight-song set, far more than anyone was expecting from the legendary rockers.

Guns N? Roses opened with "It's So Easy," featuring Axl dressed in a studded jean jacket, shades, and a brown hat that looked as if he'd swiped it from Pharrell Williams. To the delight of the crowd, the band?s set mostly consisted of hits from the classic "Appetite For Destruction": "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child Of Mine," "It?s So Easy," and the closer "Paradise City," which ended in an explosion of red confetti.

However, G N'R also inserted their "Use Your Illusion" hit "November Rain," plus two songs from their most recent album, 2008?s "Chinese Democracy," as well as a cover of Bob Dylan?s "Knockin? on Heaven?s Door.?

Though he surely looked like the rock god he was heralded as, Rose had trouble hitting many of the high notes and often resorted to a less than perfect falsetto. Still, it was satisfying to see McKagan back onstage with his old frontman, bashing out hits from the late ?80s.

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-music/revolver-golden-gods-celebrate-best-metal-inlcuding-full-133439103.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #358 on: April 24, 2014, 02:07:11 PM »

Man, Slayer debuted a new song last night and it's a headline a Rolling Stone.  Imagine if GNR did the same?  Another missed opportunity, and shows we're likely no closer to the next record.  Cry

Yeah, I got Slayer fans on my FB feed all excited about it.

But, as was pointed out to me here today, my band played some songs from a 6 year old album, so....yeah.  Jealous much, Slayer fans?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #359 on: April 24, 2014, 02:08:06 PM »

remember last time GNR was on VH1?

hack job London O2 show...

Yeah, I found that a quizzical claim from Jarmo, considering how it went last time.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: