Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:32:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135662 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #400 on: April 24, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »

That's funny. You guys amuse me. Kiss

See?  We have fun here, don't we? 

How's your homework coming along?

I'm halfway through it, I swear.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #401 on: April 24, 2014, 04:10:40 PM »

This thread was simply a discussion about the thing last night.  Not really negative.  

The same people saying the same things about every show? It's boring!

I had to ASK YOU to say something nice about the award show. Don't you see how fucking silly that is? I had to ask alleged GN'R fans to say something nice about an award show where your alleged favorite band played and Axl got a lifetime achievement award. Instead of even talking about the honor, or anything related, you took the path of least resistance and went where you've gone for the past 12 show threads on the last tour.

It's not very interesting. And it's telling about your mindset to begin with. Is the only joy in your day to go on a GN'R fan site and complain? I sure hope not, but it kinda seems like it considering how difficult it is to say something, anything, nice about the band or Axl.

You've been told that there's a place for your posts, it's called Dead Horse. Go and post. But no, you need attention.

Why is it that every time you're asked to do something, you fail? You fail to admit you were wrong and so on?
Your idea of a discussion is for you to make claims that are countered by someone and then you just ignore what was said and make a joke about it. Win-win. Smart asses have used similar tactics since man learned how to scribble on cave walls.

Eddie Trunk: *Said hi briefly to Axl Rose. Axl accepted his award from Nic Cage and then did an 8 song set with Gnr. Duff McKagan played the whole show and it was AWESOME to see him rocking those songs side by side with Axl again! Tommy Stinson will be returning soon but I?m glad I got to see Duff with them. Sounded great as did Axl?s voice which was very strong. Axl thanked all the GnR lineups in his brief speech.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:18:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #402 on: April 24, 2014, 04:13:30 PM »

Speaking of Tommy, Jarmo since i assume you would know... can you clarify what happened to Tommy for us?

did he hurt himself in South America? if so... did he aggravate it playing in California?  is he definitely going to be back for the show at the Sands?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #403 on: April 24, 2014, 04:14:39 PM »

I don't know what happened. So I'm not gonna comment on that.

But I expect him to be back next month.

Duff:

DuffMcKagan: Great to share a stage with my bro @axlrose over these past few weeks. The guys in the band were super cool to this 'outsider'.MissTheSongs.

DuffMcKagan: Hi guys- the 'outsider' comment on my GNR tweet from last nite, was supposed to be funny/ironic/yuck yuck.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #404 on: April 24, 2014, 04:18:59 PM »

I don't know what happened. So I'm not gonna comment on that.

But I expect him to be back next month.

Duff:

DuffMcKagan: Great to share a stage with my bro @axlrose over these past few weeks. The guys in the band were super cool to this 'outsider'.MissTheSongs.

DuffMcKagan: Hi guys- the 'outsider' comment on my GNR tweet from last nite, was supposed to be funny/ironic/yuck yuck.

/jarmo

Alright I guess i gotta take ur word on that...

as for Duff... i love that fucking guy ...

him saying he misses the songs makes me smile and frown at the same time!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #405 on: April 24, 2014, 04:28:18 PM »

I had to ASK YOU to say something nice about the award show. Don't you see how fucking silly that is?

Haha...oh, believe me, I do.

Tell you what.  Despite the fact this won't buy my one cent of reprieve from you, I'll even give you what you are looking for. 

Good things :

- Axl seemed happy.  He hates these sorts of events, but I think its encouraging he not only went, but seemed happy to be there.
- It was nice of him to throw in the bit about all line-ups.  Absolutely a pleasant surprise.
- There was a lot of energy in the performance.  No nonsense and seemed to have good energy.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:29:55 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #406 on: April 24, 2014, 04:34:03 PM »

Thanks!

Imagine if you had done that to begin with.  ok

/jarmo

kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #407 on: April 24, 2014, 04:34:33 PM »

Great to see the band in this kind of shows,as someone said before axl is not used to do this thing.

But CAME ON AXL! the fucking world is watching this,you cant sing like this anymore.Need to fix what is fucking your voice.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #408 on: April 24, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »

Jarmo,

You run a great site and are so modest that you are friends with the band.
I know you know so much and respect the privacy of others because you are decent.
I'm sure you know that this troll is posting the same claptrap on all the sites
looking for attention. He is a loser with no life. I think he should be banned because
no one cares about his type. If he had anything good going on his life he would be grateful
and not looking for Gun N' Roses to complete his life or thinking that he has a right to
upset when they don't rock his world.

Keep up the good work here!

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #409 on: April 24, 2014, 04:52:42 PM »

I think there is a fundamental difference in the sound quality between a cell phone-based audience recording and a soundboard recording.  The vast majority of YouTube clips I see from shows are cell phone-based audience recordings, which, IMO, are fundamentally poorer in quality.

Last night was impeccable sound quality, and it did not sound a hell of a lot different than any number of the allegedly unreliable recordings we had been seeing for weeks.

That argument is over and done with.  He sounds how he sounds.  The end.

I'm not disputing the sound quality of a soundboard recording.  I'm saying that a soundboard recording will always be better quality and therefore a better platform from which to form an informed opinion than audience recordings, which can be of variable quality.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #410 on: April 24, 2014, 04:56:48 PM »

So all those slagging negative comments about recent vocals because 'you can't judge by a youtube clip' are going to apologise now??.

Oh yeah.  I'm sure they are getting right on that.

I think there is a fundamental difference in the sound quality between a cell phone-based audience recording and a soundboard recording.  The vast majority of YouTube clips I see from shows are cell phone-based audience recordings, which, IMO, are fundamentally poorer in quality.

Ali

Which sounded the same as last nights show,  he even sounded worse than the SA tour
I disagree.  A soundboard recording will always have a better, clearer mix of vocals and instruments and won't have the over the top presence of crowd noise.  Your second comment is a matter of opinion.

Ali
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #411 on: April 24, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »

Speaking of Tommy, Jarmo since i assume you would know... can you clarify what happened to Tommy for us?

did he hurt himself in South America? if so... did he aggravate it playing in California?  is he definitely going to be back for the show at the Sands?

What happened to Tommy? He had a scheduling conflict with some Replacements shows that were scheduled. Is there something beyond that?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #412 on: April 24, 2014, 05:00:48 PM »

I'm not disputing the sound quality of a soundboard recording.  I'm saying that a soundboard recording will always be better quality and therefore a better platform from which to form an informed opinion than audience recordings, which can be of variable quality.

Agreed.

But you didn't watch the thing last night and then come to the conclusion that impression formed from the videos we got from SA were totally off base.  That was more my point.

It seemed like some were operating under the premise that, once we got a performance with a good feed, it would clear up any misgivings we got from Youtube.  It really didn't.

Now stop trying to get me in trouble with the Big Chief.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #413 on: April 24, 2014, 05:01:42 PM »

What happened to Tommy? He had a scheduling conflict with some Replacements shows that were scheduled. Is there something beyond that?

No one is sure.  No.  No one is sure.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #414 on: April 24, 2014, 05:13:31 PM »

Agreed.

But you didn't watch the thing last night and then come to the conclusion that impression formed from the videos we got from SA were totally off base.  That was more my point.

It seemed like some were operating under the premise that, once we got a performance with a good feed, it would clear up any misgivings we got from Youtube.  It really didn't.

Now stop trying to get me in trouble with the Big Chief.
I didn't think it would necessarily clear up any misgivings for others.  I wasn't expecting that.

I think, for me, the most reliable barometer is being at a show.  So, honestly, I will go to the last few shows of this residency having gone to the last few shows of the last residency at the same venue and then make my own, most complete determination as to whether or not anything has really changed.  So, for me, any information from these videos of some songs from the shows on tour are just for the purposes of making a preliminary impression.

I understand that there are others the clearly feel differently and place much more value on the videos.

And, I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble with any chief, big or otherwise.  ok

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #415 on: April 24, 2014, 05:20:35 PM »

And, I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble with any chief, big or otherwise.  ok

Oh, I know.  I was just joking.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #416 on: April 24, 2014, 05:54:40 PM »

Video of Axl backstage, waiting to go on, listening to his introductions. Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_bvuL6xH98

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Annie
« Reply #417 on: April 24, 2014, 06:37:25 PM »

I don't understand how anybody can say anything bad about last night.  After a fun filled day of shopping on Melrose, which was fabulous cuz a lady asked me if I had been in the movie TED,we arrived at the venue. I was totally overdressed but a security guy asked me if I was the chick from FROZEN. Bitty Ted and I went to our seat which had to be the best in the house, front row center. We even caught the camera's eye and people said they saw us on the livestream!  Performances by everybody were amazing.  I even became a SLAYER fan, hee hee . So cool to see Duff!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #418 on: April 24, 2014, 06:42:07 PM »

Oh, I know.  I was just joking.
Very well then  peace

Ali
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #419 on: April 24, 2014, 07:01:01 PM »

Watched it live this morning at 6am here, the band played well and Axl wasn't bad either. Nice to see Duff on with Guns again. If I were to be critical I'd say Ashba's guitar sounded out of tune on Sweet Child at the beginning and the awards production overall seemed very average, there was a drop in the broadcast for a bit too. This award was set up by a rock magazine 5 years ago, Axl must like the magazine or something. I wouldn't say he was 'thrilled' to receive such an award but probably figured he'd be nice and accept this one. I guess it's good to be acknowledged though. I don't read Revolver magazine and never heard of the Golden Gods until recently, I understand it's on the go since 2009. Cool to see all the same, overall they put on a great performance and Axl seemed in good spirits and sure why wouldn't he be. Some good vocals from Axl, I hope he puts some new music out soon.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: