Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:24:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135683 times)
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2014, 10:52:43 PM »

I was probably the first one in this thread to point out DJ's guitar being out of tune on the SCOM intro, but ya know what, shit happens. It's not like Slash was always in tune either. Things happen at live shows. Strings break, instruments go out of tune, sometimes mics fail...that's why it's called a LIVE show. I found the performance overall to be a very good one even with Axls high note difficulties and I have to agree with many of you about Richard, amazing guitarist. Axl thanking all the lineups was a surprise, kudos to him for that.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2014, 11:09:07 PM »

I don't see what the big deal is.... guitar wasn't tuned... DJ stuck with it through the intro ( the show must go on) the band laughed and shrugged it off.  Chris is one of the best tech's there is, shit happens during live performances.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #442 on: April 24, 2014, 11:39:41 PM »

Always the victim.

Like in this thread poor you had to be coaxed into saying something nice.
I don't try to sell anything, I'm posting my opinion.

Many times I see posts that are just full of shit (sorry) and I comment on it. Like you seriously comparing playing in the heat in Miami to playing at a high altitude in La Paz. That's just fucking stupid. I'm sorry if you got your feelings hurt but you can't know everything about everything just because you sit and watch Youtube videos. Some things you need to experience. Like La Paz.

Did you apologize and say you were wrong? No.
But you're quick to ask me to. And when I do. Nothing. Nada.

Recently I was "challenged" on whether or not I had seen the old band. I responded. The response? Nothing. Not even "I was wrong then". Didn't you make claims a while ago saying you'd be the first one to admit you were wrong? Yet it seems like you don't. You ignore every post where you're clearly been proven wrong.
Funny.

If the definition of troll hurts your feelings, I didn't write it. The fact is that you and your buddies seem to ruin every thread with your endless whining about the same things. Why don't you just move on and go listen to that new Slayer track?

Didn't you have enough "fun" already by pretty much ruining 12 13 show threads with the same comments? When does it get old?

If GNR fans posting about their desire for new music, set variety, etc. constitutes trolling, then every single other Guns forum out there is absolutely nothing but trolls, mods & admins included.  It's an damn epidemic.

......Or they're just normal humans venting their occasional frustrations at a night so tightly run ship, and jarmo is perhaps a liiiiitle too sensitive.

I'm sensitive? You're the ones crying as soon as I say something and make yourselves out to be victims. Poor you. No new album. Poor you, the Youtube videos don't sound as good as others. Poor poor you.

Axl just got a nice acknowledgement, GN'R played for an hour. And yet, you're whining about the same things you were whining about last year and the year before.... What's new?

/jarmo

Truth is that axl's over the hill and some of us wish he wasn't.  And when jarmo looks at it , he only sees positive.  I go back and forth with it.  Trolling occasionally out of nostalgic frustration!

Axl is NOT over the hill, geez he's only 52 but I'm guessing you're in your 20s & like me when I was that age, being in your 50s was your parent's age.
The only reason he looks "over the hill" is the way he dresses, why can't he see he looks closer to a 60yr old than a 50yr old with all that gear on? Has he a complex about his looks? He shouldn't have & if he does it's the way he dresses with the jackets making him look larger & the shades making him look... well... I dunno how to explain, and those hats need to go  yes   

I know Jarmo will say Axl doesn't tell us how to dress but we aren't the performers, we are the fans & so many seem to agree he needs a change of wardrobe. He is nowhere near as large as he looks with that gear on, nowhere as old looking with that gear on. It was slightly embarrassing watching him with the short jacket & long t-shirt over his jeans which kind of gave the look of a woman without knickers if you get my drift.  nervous

Why do the uglier guys of rock n roll go on stage not covered up while someone as sexy & good looking (for the females of course) as Axl cover his looks up? I don't get it but there are some gorgeous photos of him minus the head gear floating around that make us females drool over our keyboards.  drool

Then again maybe he doesn't want to be attractive so that's why he covers up, pity though. He has a lovely speaking voice & lovely looks, I'd love to see more of that gorgeous face with the lovely smile.  love love love
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2014, 12:09:22 AM »

http://tony-trujillo.com/p733965258

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2014, 12:32:20 AM »

Congrats To Axl for the Award , Im glad he seemed to enjoy the night Smiley 

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2014, 12:51:14 AM »

Very classy speech by Axl.  That's class boy!   I love a Axl  love    I hope to someday bump into him and say Hi.  Maybe in Bethlehem or Las Vegas. 
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2014, 03:28:46 AM »

Despite some hating posts in this thread (what are u doing here and what are u trying to achieve anyway?) i enjoyed the performance of my favorite band in the world, and im glad that we have a Golden God in the band now  ok

And its first time i enjoyed Nicolas Cage's performance  Tongue

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2014, 05:37:27 AM »

Loved 'Its So Easy' from the show. Great to see these guys playing award shows (and reciving awards) - Long may it continue. So many positives. Yes, there are slight negatives as people comment - I think we live with those now and move on - I'd still take seeing these guys smashing it over the next few years playing, rather than Axl 'retire' just because the voice isnt as it was. What a waste. However.... and its a biggie, I still believe there are songs which still sound great live..('Easy', Mr B, Estranged etc etc) but also those that are difficult for me to watch.  Its clear to see 'Better' sounds horrible live. It even looks like an obvious struggle whilst being performed. Has done for a while. Love that song - up there with his best. But needs to be left out of Live shows forever unfortunately. But huge congrats to Axl - over the years he has missed out on many deserving awards - probably often over looked because he stays away from such limelight.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2014, 07:04:11 AM »

I do find it telling that the day Axl Rose gets an award acknowledging his work some of you stay completely silent about it.
It's like it never happened.

They say unthanks is the salary from the world. Thats a saying that probably sounds best in norwegian. Tongue

Nobody in europe seems to write about this event. Busy with that eurosong-scheize I guess.

he sounded better than bridge school

Bridge school actually has one of the best versions of you're crazy. It just that certain sounds shouldn't be played unplugged. If they gonna do that stuff they should simply do as Nirvana and make a set fitting for acoustic and skip songs that won't work in that format.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:09:00 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2014, 09:53:49 AM »

A short interview with Duff on the Black Carpet.  He tells what his advise was to his daughter about being in a band.

@8:30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oYiPW1NZ80

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #450 on: April 25, 2014, 10:36:48 AM »

A short interview with Duff on the Black Carpet.  He tells what his advise was to his daughter about being in a band.

@8:30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oYiPW1NZ80

Duff is awesome, but Dee Snider was the star of that clip.  peace
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #451 on: April 25, 2014, 10:38:36 AM »

with all due to respect to all that take GNR pictures.... Tony Trujillo's are far and away the best of the best! great quality

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
maynard
« Reply #452 on: April 25, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »

I literally came in my pants with this show. Axl was better than ever. Love the no lyrics in TIL to make Dizzy shine a little, so great Axl gives the other guys an opportunity to shine.

Always good to see Jam in the set, it's my favorite song of theirs.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #453 on: April 25, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »

I literally came in my pants with this show. Axl was better than ever. Love the no lyrics in TIL to make Dizzy shine a little, so great Axl gives the other guys an opportunity to shine.

We are all entitled to our opinions (ie he sounds great, he doesn't sound as good, buckethead is better than DJ etc)

but let's keep it coherent....he didn't sing during TIL to let Dizzy shine ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #454 on: April 25, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »

We are all entitled to our opinions (ie he sounds great, he doesn't sound as good, buckethead is better than DJ etc)

but let's keep it coherent....he didn't sing during TIL to let Dizzy shine ?

I get the distinct impression that post might not be on the level.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #455 on: April 25, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »

And I get the impression some so called fans think they're smarter than the rest of us.
Congrats, you discovered sarcasm. Do you want a cookie?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #456 on: April 25, 2014, 02:19:50 PM »

you got chocolate chip?   Smiley
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 02:21:32 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #457 on: April 25, 2014, 02:27:31 PM »

Jarmo....can you set up a Celine Dion "fan" site and maybe we can ship a few people off over there to criticize her every note and be her "fans"?

Just a thought.....

ok

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #458 on: April 25, 2014, 02:47:22 PM »

Jarmo....can you set up a Celine Dion "fan" site and maybe we can ship a few people off over there to criticize her every note and be her "fans"?

Just a thought.....

ok

Did you pick Celine Dion because she is a fellow Vegas act?

that one was a slam dunk  ok

Jason... we have the same name! and i like ur enthusiasm for GNR but some of us are hoping for bigger and better things from GNR soon... that's all.... no need to ship any of us off

btw i love the vegas residency despite the negative connotations attached to it... cuz i love vegas so its a great bonus to go out there and see Axl

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 02:50:36 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #459 on: April 25, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »

Yes fellow vegas act, also know very much for her voice, but more than anything to highlight the difference between a "rock act" and what she does.  I want my GnR to have fun, rock out, deliver energy....mistakes or slight imperfections I'm gonna live with....hell I expect it....it's a rock show.

Do people not see that difference?

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: