Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:58:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When is the next GNR window ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When is the next GNR window ?  (Read 42199 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »

Doesn't anyone remember the last Vegas show (6.7.14) Axl said at the end "maybe we'll see some of you later this year" meaning that the band might do a short tour. Anyone else hear that?

Yes.

So...hold him to that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2014, 01:38:18 PM »

Whatever works for you champ.  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »

Whatever works for you champ.  Kiss

Hey, I'm just asking a question.  You are the one puffing out your chest about what he said and how we should all take heed.

But let me guess.  You don't want to go on record.  You want to lecture a bit, but not to the point you will put something on record that can be used against you in the future.

Am I warm?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:45:42 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2014, 03:04:48 PM »

I answered a question where somebody asked if I heard Axl say that. I did.

I assume you didn't since you weren't present.
It's very basic common sense.

Also, I don't believe he promised you anything. So, take it for what it's worth. But to completely disregard it because of what he said in 2001 is a bit of a stretch.

So, how are you enjoying that new release?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2014, 03:17:51 PM »

I answered a question where somebody asked if I heard Axl say that. I did.

Ah, so you were just confirming that you also heard it.  I see.

I don't believe he promised anyone anything either, of course.  I said as much a few posts back that you can't hold an artist to something they blurt out onstage like its gospel.

But...you tend to only see the posts of mine you don't like.  The one about not holding him to it, you miss.  The comparison to RIR III, that, you catch.

It's "funny" how "that" seems to "work".

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2014, 03:21:45 PM »

So, how are you enjoying that new release?

Waiting on the version with the audio version. 

I'll holla at cha when I get it. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »

But, it's a release by your favorite band.... The band that needs to release something to be more of a real band.... I don't get it.

There's a difference in saying "don't start pointing fingers if it doesn't happen since he didn't promise anything" and saying "it doesn't mean anything because he made similar comments in 2001".

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2014, 03:48:27 PM »

But, it's a release by your favorite band.... The band that needs to release something to be more of a real band.... I don't get it.

Not really a concert video guy.  Not going to sit and watch a video of anyone, even my favorite band.

Very interested in an audio version for my iPod, which would get played often.  I listen to my bootlegs regularly, and this would be a concert with great sound.

I'm told that might come later.  That's the one I'm all over.

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2014, 12:06:25 PM »

Not really a concert video guy.  Not going to sit and watch a video of anyone, even my favorite band.

Very interested in an audio version for my iPod, which would get played often.  I listen to my bootlegs regularly, and this would be a concert with great sound.

Then why not just "listen" to the concert video.  I listen to it pretty much daily.  I'm not always watching it.

Is the eventual Audio release going to be any different.....quality wise? (<===real question, not a smart ass remark)

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »

Then why not just "listen" to the concert video.  I listen to it pretty much daily.  I'm not always watching it.

Is the eventual Audio release going to be any different.....quality wise? (<===real question, not a smart ass remark)

To be fair I'm the same way. I want audio only. A bluray/dvd isn't something I'm going to listen to because I use my iPod more than anything. I could rip the audio track out of the dvd and convert it to MP3 but that would be a huge pain in the ass. And in the car I use a cd player so... I'm probably in a minority though.

(I also rip my MP3s at a higher quality than most places like iTunes offer and I like having a physical original with booklet)
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2014, 10:36:05 AM »

but in the meantime......

Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2014, 11:42:50 AM »

Concert video doesn't do me much good on the putting green.  Or on the beach.  Or in my car.

iTunes quality actually sucks.  Are they still using 256?  I was dumbfounded when I actually bought a single that came through like that. 

Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2014, 01:03:35 PM »

I listen to the concert video on the golf course, in my car.....on a plane (no internet) etc....

We live in an age of technology here.  Video doesn't mean sitting in front of a 55 inch tv and watching from the couch.  Put it on your ipod.

Its HELL of a lot BETTER than the Youtube concerts weve been watching/listening to all these years.

My only complaint is that it didn't come out in Canada.

And I would add that I think the second residency (although less fancy), was even better....

Toronto 10/29&30/17
guzzy
Opening Act

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2014, 05:58:26 AM »

To me the magical number is about 4-5 new songs. Considering that 3 of them could be OH MY GOD, SILKWORMS and GOING DOWN. We already know this bunch. Add some strong couple like THE GENERAL and ATLAS SHRUGGED and you got it!

Definately band needs to show that we are into a new cycle and that Chinese promotion is a closed episode.

Showing  some new guns would be enough to re-launch the desire of watching them live.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:11:21 AM by guzzy » Logged
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2014, 08:50:19 AM »

Looks like DJ is busy with SIXX AM from April8th-April29th.
http://eddietrunk.com/sixx-am-announce-april-2015-tour-dates/

So are we waiting till MAY 2015 for GNR at best?

Toronto 10/29&30/17
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »

Yeah I would say so, kind of bummed about it....but lets hope for a summer of GNR 15

Looks like DJ is busy with SIXX AM from April8th-April29th.
http://eddietrunk.com/sixx-am-announce-april-2015-tour-dates/

So are we waiting till MAY 2015 for GNR at best?

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2014, 02:36:11 PM »

Yeah I would say so, kind of bummed about it....but lets hope for a summer of GNR 15

Well, let's be fair.

If DJ is going to spend now until then doing Sixx A.M. stuff, I don't know how realistic it is to think he's ready to jump back in with GNR a week after.

Of course, considering how often we are told how many finished songs Axl has, perhaps he is not really needed all that much for a new album.  So if its just a case of a new album of Bucket/Robin songs, DJ could just pick up where he left off as a member of the touring band.  But I imagine he'd want some downtime, which is hardly unreasonable.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2014, 03:50:50 PM »

it's only about 3 weeks DJ would be unavailable. not a huge committment. they could tour and/or work on an album with very little interruption from DJ's Sixx AM committments.

and if gnr is touring and DJ has to miss some shows, maybe they could have someone fill in for a few shows the way Duff did last year. hmmmmm.  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2014, 03:53:41 PM »

The best case scenario is that Axl was actually serious in that interview, and they spend the end of this year and the beginning of next putting an new album together for release later on in 2015.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2014, 03:55:09 PM »

i really don't see a GNR tour for 2015...it just seems like too many guys are doing different things/too many rumors of guys not coming back....whether its Ron and his constant i quit tease, The replacements Sixx AM or Frank and Richard in what they do

but i could be very wrong

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: