Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 117528 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2015, 01:59:58 PM »

In short for people who don't wanna read all those sentences: There's interest in Axl Rose today because he's fucking Axl Rose. Not only because he sang a song people liked when they were teenagers.

Well, this makes a lot of sense.

So if he was Bill Bailey, local factory worker in Indiana, he would have the same appeal to the masses?

Or does he perhaps, just perhaps, have that acclaim due to his time fronting one of the biggest rock bands of their time as W. Axl Rose?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »

He wasn?t inspired by Slash?s songs in ?94, until he was. That part seems to be conveniently ignored.

And was that even really about some sort of supposed love for the material?

Or was it a "where does he get the balls" knee jerk reaction to his going off on his own?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2015, 02:13:40 PM »

Never said it was one or the other.
Obviously rebuilding the band was a factor.
Why was he in the position of having to rebuild the band?
Not being inspired seems to have played a part.

Geez. Not "being inspired" to the left and right.

Why did he have to rebuild the band? Because people left.

Axl wasn't inspired by the songs so that inspired Slash to take his inspiration elsewhere, and then Axl got inspired and hired other inspiring musicians. Who got inspired and wrote music that inspired Axl to record the inspiring songs. Then it inspired the record company to release those inspirational songs that inspired most of us to go out and buy the album which inspired people to post on message boards.

So much inspiration!

He wasn’t inspired by Slash’s songs in ’94, until he was. That part seems to be conveniently ignored.

Because Slash wasn't "inspired" enough to work on them.  Shocked

If you wanna talk about not being inspired, look at Slash. Listen to Contraband. “All in all, my playing is pretty reserved on that record, which is why there aren’t as many solos as there could have been. I felt too restricted to improvise the way I usually do.”

In short for people who don't wanna read all those sentences: There's interest in Axl Rose today because he's fucking Axl Rose. Not only because he sang a song people liked when they were teenagers.

So if he was Bill Bailey, local factory worker in Indiana, he would have the same appeal to the masses?

Or does he perhaps, just perhaps, have that acclaim due to his time fronting one of the biggest rock bands of their time as W. Axl Rose?

You still don't get it.

He's not only famous because of those old songs. No matter how much you want to claim that. Hence my mention of Debbie Gibson. Maybe you're still talking about her. I have no idea.
Scott Stapp had a bunch of hits I couldn't stand. Do you still talk about him?

Hell, I bet even in your city there are people who consider Axl more famous for something else. And are still bitter about it 12+ years later.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »

He's not only famous because of those old songs. No matter how much you want to claim that.

Yeah...he pretty much is, bro. 

Sorry if that's a kick in the pants for you (for whatever reason), but he's famous for being a rock singer.  Not for being just one of the most fascinating humans to ever walk among us.

He's famous and interesting because he sang a bunch of rock songs millions of people dug.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2015, 02:21:08 PM »

I'm not your, "bro".

So, are you still talking about Scott Stapp?
Millions of you liked his songs too.

And I don't mean you only talk about him when he's caught slurring somewhere.

He's interesting because he's an original. He's talented AND he doesn't do what you think he should. Also, he says what he thinks.
If he was a politically correct media whore like Jon Bon Jovi, there'd be way less interest.

Yeah, I don't like Jon.  Tongue

Somebody becomes famous for something they do. But, if that's all, they often get forgotten. You obviously have some kind of issue acknowledging this. Maybe your free thinking capabilities are so limited that you don't understand it even after being given examples.

Why does it seem like Slash  has to be seen everywhere? He played the guitar on Sweet Child, he should be set for life. Everybody will always remember him. He doesn't have to play with the Best Buy band or the Black Eyed Peas? Right? According to you, that's all it takes. Apparently, many disagree since we got Bret Michaels on TV decorating houses and Vanilla Ice is hanging out with the Amish.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:36:26 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2015, 02:33:32 PM »

I'm not your, "bro".

So, are you still talking about Scott Stapp?
Millions of you liked his songs too.

And I don't mean you only talk about him when he's caught slurring somewhere.

He's interesting because he's an original. He's talented AND he doesn't do what you think he should. Also, he says what he thinks.
If he was a politically correct media whore like Jon Bon Jovi, there'd be way less interest.

/jarmo

Yeah, but the music that band produced provided the platform for Axl Rose.
mortismurphy
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »

He's not only famous because of those old songs. No matter how much you want to claim that.

Yeah...he pretty much is, bro. 

Sorry if that's a kick in the pants for you (for whatever reason), but he's famous for being a rock singer.  Not for being just one of the most fascinating humans to ever walk among us.

He's famous and interesting because he sang a bunch of rock songs millions of people dug.

Yes, I agree. All of the rest of the stuff is peripheral. If Appetite was not as good as it was, all of the rest of the stuff would be an irrelevance.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2015, 02:34:16 PM »

Never said it was one or the other.
Obviously rebuilding the band was a factor.
Why was he in the position of having to rebuild the band?
Not being inspired seems to have played a part.

Geez. Not "being inspired" to the left and right.

Why did he have to rebuild the band? Because people left.

Axl wasn't inspired by the songs so that inspired Slash to take his inspiration elsewhere, and then Axl got inspired and hired other inspiring musicians. Who got inspired and wrote music that inspired Axl to record the inspiring songs. Then it inspired the record company to release those inspirational songs that inspired most of us to go out and buy the album which inspired people to post on message boards.

So much inspiration!

He wasn?t inspired by Slash?s songs in ?94, until he was. That part seems to be conveniently ignored.

Because Slash wasn't "inspired" enough to work on them.  Shocked

If you wanna talk about not being inspired, look at Slash. Listen to Contraband. ?All in all, my playing is pretty reserved on that record, which is why there aren?t as many solos as there could have been. I felt too restricted to improvise the way I usually do.?

You still don't get it.

He's not only famous because of those old songs. No matter how much you want to claim that. Hence my mention of Debbie Gibson. Maybe you're still talking about her. I have no idea.
Scott Stapp had a bunch of hits I couldn't stand. Do you still talk about him?

Hell, I bet even in your city there are people who consider Axl more famous for something else. And are still bitter about it 12+ years later.

/jarmo

What was Contraband, 5 albums ago? 6?
He seems plenty inspired.

What he?s describing sounds more like he?s playing in a new band, with different dynamics than he was accustomed to.
I thought he was the star of Contraband myself, but thought he stepped back on the sophomore to showcase Scott more.
I thought it worked. Not flashy, but he gave the songs what they needed.

Back to inspiration, Axl wasn?t inspired by Slash?s demos(until he was) and yes, this was a point of contention in the band.
Not the reason, but contributed to the demise of that era of Guns. People left because nothing was getting done.
Duff and Slash have both stated Axl wasn?t showing up for rehearsals. He wasn?t productive.

People left. People continue to leave. People will keep leaving, because nothing gets done.

I?ve provided my theory as to why that may be.
Again, it?s just as viable a theory as yours, whether it jives with what you want to believe is true or not.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2015, 02:39:32 PM »

Well, sure, you say that now.

But I'd be more convinced if you made post after post, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, about how much Jon doesn't matter to you...all as a means to convey how much he doesn't matter to you.

If you wanted to be clear about it, I'm saying.

mortismurphy
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2015, 02:44:28 PM »

I do not see anything wrong with Bon Jovi really. I do not like their music which represents the most commercial side of hard rock, but they do what they do professionally, release albums and their fan base seems reasonably happy except for the errant Sambora. They are relatively innocuous really. Rock music for fans of pop.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2015, 02:49:59 PM »

Again, ignore the points so you don't need to "think".
I guess it's easy to get distracted when your Jon is made fun of. Even if it's all lighthearted and nothing serious.

Jon Bon Jovi, sold a shitload of records and rocked a million faces. Still people are more fascinated by Axl Rose.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2015, 02:56:51 PM »

Again, ignore the points so you don't need to "think".
I guess it's easy to get distracted when your Jon is made fun of. Even if it's all lighthearted and nothing serious.

Jon Bon Jovi, sold a shitload of records and rocked a million faces. Still people are more fascinated by Axl Rose.

If you think my post in question was about Jon, you might want to give it another read, champ.

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2015, 03:45:32 PM »

It seems that even after one of them has died,there will be still talk of reunion  Tongue

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2015, 04:11:40 PM »

If you think my post in question was about Jon, you might want to give it another read, champ.

You sure seem easily "offended". Wannabe real fan. Cheesy

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2015, 05:01:21 PM »

It seems that even after one of them has died,there will be still talk of reunion  Tongue

Can't rule it out.

I'm pretty surprised we still have so many that believe.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2015, 05:13:21 PM »

I think it's probably also worth noting that if all it takes is to record popular songs to be remembered and be popular.. Slash was dropped from Geffen and noone cared about the second Snakepit album (not arguing on it's quality, just stating facts) and it took VR for him to actually become a household name again...

..just saying.
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2015, 05:14:15 PM »

All I know is that if the original lineup reunites, I want a band consisting of Matt Sorum, Gilby Clarke, Tommy Stinson, Bumblefoot, and Myles Kennedy to open for them. With Dizzy Reed on the keys!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2015, 05:43:21 PM »

As far as the interview did anybody else notice that Slash said well "the 4 of us" when talking about possibly reuniting.

I didn't the first time I watched, but realized the second time... id assume he means himself Axl Duff and Izzy....

The meat n potatoes

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »

As far as the interview did anybody else notice that Slash said well "the 4 of us" when talking about possibly reuniting.

I didn't the first time I watched, but realized the second time... id assume he means himself Axl Duff and Izzy....

The meat n potatoes

I always figured it would be Matt instead of Steven.

Which would also be my pick.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2015, 11:00:44 PM »

I personally hope there is not a reunion, which is highly unlikely in any event. I am perfectly happy with Slash doing his thing with his band and Axl doing his thing with GNR.2. It's the best of all worlds without a reunion. A reunion would likely just be a greatest hits package. It can never be the same as the original.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: