Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:52:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 117124 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2015, 12:58:35 AM »

As far as the interview did anybody else notice that Slash said well "the 4 of us" when talking about possibly reuniting.

I didn't the first time I watched, but realized the second time... id assume he means himself Axl Duff and Izzy....

I assumed he was talking about himself, Duff, Izzy, and Steven.... thus leaving Axl on the outside as the one who isn't interested.

I also assumed a thread with "Slash" and "reunion" in the title wouldn't last 5 seconds on the main page, now here we are at 8 pages.   hihi
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:20:32 PM by Bridge » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2015, 04:15:26 AM »

From Tour GNR 2006, Slash Love Axl, Love Gnr, Love Members, etc, etc., Conlcusion ?

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
italian queen
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2015, 04:31:42 AM »

As far as the interview did anybody else notice that Slash said well "the 4 of us" when talking about possibly reuniting.

I didn't the first time I watched, but realized the second time... id assume he means himself Axl Duff and Izzy....

The meat n potatoes

and what about Matt Sorum?
is Steven still able to play?

I don't really know who he could refer to..
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2015, 05:30:08 AM »

In the 1990's most members of the old line-up were in a terrible state mentally and physically. The excessive amounts of drugs and alcohol basically buried the original alumni. However, they've all survived and matured and are now older and wiser. One can only hope, that the bitterness - and downright hatred - eventually wanes off making a reunion possible. Even if it were only for a few high profile shows. I know this is wishful thinking, but I personally would love to see Axl and Slash share the same stage again. Honestly, how many of you started listening to GN'R because of Buckethead, Finck or Bumblefoot? Not one!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2015, 05:45:30 AM »

I assumed he was talking about himself, Duff, Izzy, and Steven (especially since Slash has mentioned Steven over the years whenever speaking of a reunion, as well as always mentioning the original lineup, as well as stating in his book that losing Steven was the first nail in the GNR coffin).... thus leaving Axl on the outside as the one who isn't interested.

I also assumed a thread with "Slash" and "reunion" in the title wouldn't last 5 seconds on the main page, now here we are at 8 pages.   hihi

It's as news worthy as anything else at the moment.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2015, 07:33:17 AM »

The meat n potatoes

IMO it could only be Matt, I think Steven has dug his own grave in regards being in the loop (if there is one) as far as a reunion goes, his comments before RRHOF made sure of that. A totally classless act.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2015, 08:35:38 AM »

The meat n potatoes

IMO it could only be Matt, I think Steven has dug his own grave in regards being in the loop (if there is one) as far as a reunion goes, his comments before RRHOF made sure of that. A totally classless act.

Assuming they just did some high profile shows... I don't see why both drummers couldn't take part. If the big 4 ever tried to make a record... then I think Matt makes more sense.

Nothing Steven says or does is classless... Unfortunately he just has a lot of demons.. but I don't think anything he does or says comes from a malicious place.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2015, 08:56:57 AM »

I was at the Rock N'Roll hall of fame performance and hearing/seeing Steven play with Slash & Duff was the highlight. He's got that 'groove' that sorum never had. As Bille Joe said his drumming is just perfect on appetite.

Slash I would guess agrees. I think his current drummer is the closest in feel to Steven out of all the replacements. He has a lightness of touch unlike Matt & Frank.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2015, 03:02:10 PM »

Nothing Steven says or does is classless... Unfortunately he just has a lot of demons.. but I don't think anything he does or says comes from a malicious place.

Agreed.  Steven has a bad case of mouth diarrhea, but he's passionate about Guns N Roses and his (rightful) place in it.  It's sad that he fucked himself up so much, because he cheated himself out of being the one rightful GNR drummer.  I've always sad he would have been deservedly regarded as one of the best rock n roll drummers of all time if he had stayed in the band 'til the end instead of fucking himself up on drugs.  But great things fall astray.   Sad

I was at the Rock N'Roll hall of fame performance and hearing/seeing Steven play with Slash & Duff was the highlight. He's got that 'groove' that sorum never had. As Bille Joe said his drumming is just perfect on appetite.

I completely agree.  Slash, Duff, and Steven had incredibly solid chemistry at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

Slash I would guess agrees. I think his current drummer is the closest in feel to Steven out of all the replacements. He has a lightness of touch unlike Matt & Frank.

Yeah, Slash has always made it a point to mention Steven in interviews where he really dug into the reunion subject.  Slash heavily favors the original five members; just consider what he wrote in his book where he gave Steven a huge amount of credit for the success of their first album, as well as saying that losing Steven was where GNR started to go off the rails.

Here's another Slash quote:

[Guns N Roses] already went wrong when original drummer Steven Adler was kicked out of the band.  Because Steven was gone, Izzy also [eventually] left. But we had a whole tour planned so we kept the whole thing going.  When it was time to record a new album, though, we missed those guys a lot.  Look, nothing was right about our little band, but we were very successful.  Without Steven and Izzy, though, it really turned into Axl's trip.

--- Slash, Aloha magazine, June 8, 2004
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:18:17 PM by Bridge » Logged
italian queen
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2015, 05:59:46 AM »

But Matt Sorum is a great friend of Slash and Duff too..
it would be hard to leave him out of a hypotetical reunion..
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2015, 07:15:53 PM »

But Matt Sorum is a great friend of Slash and Duff too..
it would be hard to leave him out of a hypotetical reunion..

So is Gilby Clarke.  But I doubt he'd be asked back.  If you read anything Sorum has said lately, he concedes that Steven is indeed the sound of GNR.  At the time of the Hall of Fame, Sorum even admitted he felt awkward because he knew the public's love for GNR fell with the original five.

Hell, Steven said on the radio recently that he'd be fine with both himself and Sorum being there, each playing the songs they recorded.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2015, 07:35:47 PM »

Where does all this reunion talk come from. Are the appetite guys hungry for cash or something?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2015, 07:47:59 PM »

Steven isn't even remotely close to the "sound of Gnr"....sorry to be realistic. He was good, not great, on one album. People can be so delusional.

As for a reunion....nothing has changed in my eyes...don't know how the redhead feels.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2015, 11:22:14 PM »

Totally agree.

You just never know with Steven.  Total loose cannon.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2015, 11:25:14 PM »

Where does all this reunion talk come from. Are the appetite guys hungry for cash or something?

Nope, we're nearing 9 pages of it from people on this board.  All because an out-of-context thread was posted derived from a question that Slash was uncomfortably asked.  This board is the only place "hungry" for it.

You just never know with Steven.  Total loose cannon.

He is a loose cannon, but I'll go on record and say that Steven's (bad) habit of word vomit is in no way the first (or second, or third, or tenth) thing preventing a reunion of the five classic members.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 11:28:31 PM by Bridge » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2015, 11:29:44 PM »

Nope, we're nearing 9 pages of it from people on this board.  All because an out-of-context thread was posted derived from a question that Slash was uncomfortably asked.  This board is the only place "hungry" for it.

Topics like this are just placeholders.

If the current band ever actually did anything, speculative topics like this would never take precedence over discussing it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2015, 11:31:20 PM »

He is a loose cannon, but I'll go on record and say that Steven's (bad) habit of word vomit is in no way the first (or second, or third, or tenth) thing preventing a reunion of the five classic members.

Oh, no question.

But assuming we are going to treat a reunion like a real thing that might happen, I can't see putting any trust in the guy. 

You put a bunch of money in his pocket, and take him out on the road on a  high profile tour?

Matter of time.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2015, 08:33:05 AM »

Duff was on 104.3 this morning with Jim Kerr in New York. As always Duff was awesome. They played a few GNR songs too.

Anyway he told a funny story about how when they were in South America.. He was waiting downstairs at the hotel for a call time, but he mixed up the time or something... So everybody was waiting for him.. and Axl was making fun of him for always being late to the shows  lol

I laughed. He said at first when Axl asked him to fill in he thought oh god no, but that he was very happy he did and that they talked thru a lot of stuff. Jim Kerr also asked him about Slash's comments last week... but Duff basically ignored the question ha. He said he cringed when he saw them ask Slash the question because they all get asked the same thing all the time.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:42:15 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2015, 03:28:33 PM »

I've said it 1000x's "If Slash and Duff reunite with Axl, it will be just that". It will be Duff and Slash with the current GNR line up sans Tommy and DJ or Bumblefoot. There might be a few Izzy appearances too. Heck, maybe if we are lucky Izzy would come back for a stretch. I do think that there is no way, no how, not even a remote chance that they tour with Steven Adler. No way you could leave such a high demand event in his hands. That is my take on it.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2015, 10:32:04 AM »

Axl's answers are about cancer

Man, I'm picking your quote, but don't get me wrong ... it's nothing with you ... I just would like to understand why the "cancer" comment is still so important for some people, after 6 years and why some people keep repeating it over and over again!

I mean, let's see what really happened ...

In 2009, after many years of Axl?s silence, and after only one side of the story being told to us by some GN'R's former members, Axl finally gave an interview, conducted by Del James.

In that same interview, Axl accepted to talk about the possibility of a GN'R reunion.

Axl told that there was no possibility for a reunion with his former bandmate Slash and said something that, even today, makes some people go mad:

?In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided - and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better. ?

The all interview was summarized to a single highlight promoted by the press: "Axl Rose calls Slash a cancer", as we can see here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview-20090227

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-198427

Some sites even change words to look even more dramatic: "Axl Rose says Slash is a Cancer", as you can see here:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2009/02/27/uk-guns-idUKTRE51Q2WA20090227

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=30991.5;wap2

It's funny to see that the press only wanted to promote a (supposedly) negative but sensationalist side of the all interview ... and, once again, the public eat it.

Like now, Slash gave an interview and the press only pick the ?never say never? quote  to fool everybody, once more.

The public eat this kind of shit so well that, until today, some people keeps repeating that "Axl called Slash a cancer", in defense of Slash, everytime someone say something ?bad? about Slash.

It's funny (but somehow sad) to see how some people can be easily manipulated by the press.

Let?s be a little bit strict and accurate now ? the truth is, Axl actually never called Slash a cancer nor said that Slash is a cancer. That?s a fact, as anyone can see.

Axl never said ?Slash is a cancer? nor ?Slash, your?re a cancer? ? that is calling someone a cancer.

Axl said "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer..." ... It was an analogy ... obviously Axl was referring to Slash's behavior and to the way he, personally, saw his behavior ... that's why he referred "In a nutshell" ... he just didn't want to develop his motives behind the analogy.
I'm not saying that it is good or bad, but, maybe it's time for people to stop saying that Axl called Slash a cancer, because it isn't strict and accurate.

This may look like we are playing with words but, to me, there's a huge difference between "consider" and "calling".

"To consider" has an implicit and weighted doubt

"To call" involves an undoubted statement

I was reading somewhere a comment made by Marc Canter, a close friend of both Axl and Slash, regarding this question and he said:

?There was a time when Slash was very sick during a Snakepit tour and even through Axl was very pissed at Slash, he was still concerned with Slash's health. Just because he hatted him doesn't mean he wanted him to die. I also think the Cancer thing "better off being removed" Was more like that he wished Slash would be removed from speaking and being in the limelight. I don't think he meant dead.?

Some people also say that Axl was being mean when he said that, because he knew Slash?s mother were dying from cancer. This is just insane. I think Slash?s mother was already dead when this happened ? so was Axl?s mother. The ?cancer? in that context it?s just a common term ? whoever thinks Axl could be referring to Slash?s mother?s past disease, can?t be in his perfect mind.

Another interesting thing is to see that Slash himself didn't take it to the heart at the time, when he even told "that's sorta funny", and then never talked about it again ... is their fans who got really offended for years and years just because of something that is a fallacy meanly promoted by the press. To be honest no one can understand if they really got offended or if they just like to use this easy but fake argument to defend Slash, everytime someone criticize Slash.

So, the big mistery remains ... why the hell this fallacy still is so important for some people?

I think the answer to this question, has nothing to do with the ?cancer? term but, it?s in the second half of Axl?s comment:

?(?) the less anyone heard of (?) his supporters, the better?

This, my friends, is what really made Slash?s fans go mad ? this is what makes them crying and complaining for years ? and this is why they keep talking about the ?cancer?, over and over again, everytime they can ? they got really pissed with this, because they felt affected.

So, everytime they come to criticize Axl, in defense of Slash, because of the ?cancer? comment, they can?t really be taken serious ? because they aren?t impartial at all. They are in the middle of the feud. And everytime they do that, they prove Axl was absolutely right about what he said ? the less we heard of them , the better.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: