Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:42:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 117146 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2015, 06:17:41 PM »

I'm just a GN'R fan, from all the eras, giving his opinion.

No worries.  I just thought you came across as his advocate on this particular case.

You have some pretty long posts built around the concept he's not getting a fair shake.  To be fair, your posts were well written and well sourced, but I thought it was obvious you had a very emotional dog in the fight.  So it struck me odd you were chiding people for being invested one way or the other.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2015, 06:34:51 PM »

Slash was a drunk and a drug addict for how many years again?  More than he has been sober probably.  This same guy that was co stonefly under the influence was also the one never to shy away from a media interview.  Seems one month can't last without hearing a slash quote.  Reading a interview.  Or seeing him on TV.   I am sure over the years he has not always been in the best condition during a lot of these interviews

Then you get a guy like Axl.  Who shys away from interviews.  Very minimal exposure to any press over the years.  From what I know, never has really had any substance abuse problems.   Then to see slash do what you hate and being in a condition you hate talking about top a you hate.   I can see why Axl would be a little pissed over the years

On a lighter note

A coworker said to me today.  Hey Baconman.  I heard the original guns n roses is going to be getting back together!   He said he read it online. Hahahaha.  So there you go!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2015, 07:37:21 PM »

When I read "Hey Baconman".....   hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »

I'm just a GN'R fan, from all the eras, giving his opinion.

Don't be surprised if those that disagree with you try to make the topic about you, instead of what you said....
You're bringing up things some don't necessarily want to think about. Because thinking about being wrong about something doesn't exist in that world!  hihi

You bring up good points that are often overlooked.
"He used a bad word and was mean!" instead of thinking about what was actually said and what it meant.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2015, 10:38:30 PM »

On a lighter note

A coworker said to me today.  Hey Baconman.  I heard the original guns n roses is going to be getting back together!   He said he read it online. Hahahaha.  So there you go!

Yeah, I got the same on another board where they know I'm a fan.

I had to break some hearts and crush some dreams.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2015, 11:20:45 PM »

In Summary, More BlahBlah

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2015, 09:23:12 AM »

Duff is really making the rounds for his book, which I shouldn't have pre ordered, I should have just gone to the book store to get it, now I have to wait a week.

But he has said a few times in regards to Axl, that just talking some things out were a great thing for him and since Duff was always in lock step with Slash I'm sure Axl could do the same with him if he wanted to.

Q. Over the past few years you've played, separately, with your former Guns N' Roses bandmates Axl Rose and Slash. The two of them haven't talked in decades. A chapter in your book is titled, "Let Go of Resentments." Any advice for a certain singer and guitarist?

Duff McKagan: I just wrote about something that I understand about myself. Over time I've gotten rid of a lot of resentment I didn't know I was even carrying around. I don't try to impart anything in the book, though, but if I can write about things without being preachy and people get something out of it, that's great.

http://www.northjersey.com/arts-and-entertainment/books/veteran-rocker-finds-balancein-his-life-1.1330223

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »

Duff is really making the rounds for his book, which I shouldn't have pre ordered, I should have just gone to the book store to get it, now I have to wait a week.

But he has said a few times in regards to Axl, that just talking some things out were a great thing for him and since Duff was always in lock step with Slash I'm sure Axl could do the same with him if he wanted to.

Q. Over the past few years you've played, separately, with your former Guns N' Roses bandmates Axl Rose and Slash. The two of them haven't talked in decades. A chapter in your book is titled, "Let Go of Resentments." Any advice for a certain singer and guitarist?

Duff McKagan: I just wrote about something that I understand about myself. Over time I've gotten rid of a lot of resentment I didn't know I was even carrying around. I don't try to impart anything in the book, though, but if I can write about things without being preachy and people get something out of it, that's great.

http://www.northjersey.com/arts-and-entertainment/books/veteran-rocker-finds-balancein-his-life-1.1330223

Axl claimed to have never read Duff's first book. I wonder if he has since and or plans to read this one.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2015, 11:41:31 AM »

I think Duff hits the nail on the head with the whole resentment thing. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and disassociate yourself from the whole thing and analyze the why there is an issue. Being in a band gets more difficult as time goes on. Priorities change. People develop other interests, whereas once upon a time the main focus was the band and the music.

I think people need to address the situation before they can totally move on.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2015, 03:57:05 PM »

I think Duff hits the nail on the head with the whole resentment thing. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and disassociate yourself from the whole thing and analyze the why there is an issue. Being in a band gets more difficult as time goes on. Priorities change. People develop other interests, whereas once upon a time the main focus was the band and the music.

But you can also ask if you are just going to be mad for the rest of your life.

What's the payoff?  What are you getting out holding onto that white hot hate?  Never going to be besties again?  Obviously.  But surely there is some middle ground. 

This is not me saying he needs to reunite the band, but maybe get to a place where if the subject of the guy comes up, you don't Hulk up and start spewing invective usually reserved for the drunk driver that killed a family member.  You just wind up looking like a crazy person.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2015, 04:04:35 PM »

But you can also ask if you are just going to be mad for the rest of your life.

What's the payoff?  What are you getting out holding onto that white hot hate?  Never going to be besties again?  Obviously.  But surely there is some middle ground. 

This is not me saying he needs to reunite the band, but maybe get to a place where if the subject of the guy comes up, you don't Hulk up and start spewing invective usually reserved for the drunk driver that killed a family member.  You just wind up looking like a crazy person.

I agree. There is so much history between all 5 of the original members. They overcame the odds and became the biggest band in the world. Nobody else but those 5 can say that. They all shared in the experience. They will always have that journey in common.

To me thats why its so sad. Lifes too short. Appreciate what the group created.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2015, 04:50:32 PM »

No, that's you telling somebody how to live their life.

Somebody, who I suspect, has managed to achieve things in his life that most of us here, including you, could only dream of.

How do you react when somebody questions you and what kind of fan you are? Exactly the way you tell Axl not to react about things that happened in his life, not things he read on a fan message board....
With that in mind, it's hard to take you seriously.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2015, 05:59:24 PM »

No, that's you telling somebody how to live their life.

No, its me suggesting an option on how to handle it publicly if you don't want to be seen like a bitter loon.

We have long impassioned pleas on this board for people to not judge Axl as harshly for how he puts things.

There's two options there, if that is your aim.  Have collective human nature go 180 degrees...or, Axl stops feeding right into people's well established perception of him.

Former, never going to happen.  Latter, he doens't care to make happen.

So nothing will ever change.  I'm telling you to make your peace with it.

How do you react when somebody questions you and what kind of fan you are?

Ultimately?  I dismiss it out of hand. 

It has no relevance to me, personally.  Publicly, I am confident enough people can read your posts when you go down that road and make their own call on the merits of your "logic".  I trust the folks.

But what I'm not going to do is come on here and rant and rave like a lunatic about you.  Because, at that point, when people start to say "hey, that dude's crazy"...well, what am I giving them to work with?  Of course they are going to think that.  You talk in crazy terms, people think you are crazy.  Way of the world.

It's just like the song says : Why you act crazy?  Not an act maybe.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2015, 06:06:45 PM »

No, its me suggesting an option on how to handle it publicly if you don't want to be seen like a bitter loon.

In essence, you're telling him how to live his life so he appears in a way you'd prefer.
Same shit. No matter how you try to dress it up.

And if I tell you how to post in order to not appear like a bitter sad wannabe fan? You're there with your "how dare you?" mentality.
 hihi

Ultimately?  I dismiss it out of hand. 

Yeah, and that's why you throw your tantrums. Please.  Roll Eyes
You just talk, and then act the opposite. Hard to take you seriously.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »

I suggest you all listen to Chris Jericho's podcast with Duff from today. It's an amazing interview, and they talk about Axl a lot. It really sounds like Duff would LOVE to do Guns N Roses full time with just Axl and OR with Slash/Izzy/ Steven etc .. he talks about Izzy a little bit too.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2015, 06:22:05 PM »

I suggest you all listen to Chris Jericho's podcast with Duff from today. It's an amazing interview, and they talk about Axl a lot. It really sounds like Duff would LOVE to do Guns N Roses full time with just Axl and OR with Slash/Izzy/ Steven etc .. he talks about Izzy a little bit too.

I just started listening.. Duff's always a good interview I think.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »

In essence, you're telling him how to live his life so he appears in a way you'd prefer.

OK, we'll try this again.

This whole conversation started when GUNNER did his big long thing about the "cancer" comment.  That's the conversation you sauntered into and hijacked.

When people heard that, the reaction was that it was over the top.  It keeps getting brought up because it was over the top.  This will never, ever, ever, ever change.  No one is going to care about the "I think what he was saying..." addendum.  It was angry Axl being angry Axl in the eyes of the many.

Since human nature will not change, and nor is Axl likely to change, impassioned pleas that he's not getting a fair shake are spinning your wheels.  I admire GUNNER's fire, but its ultimately a fool's errand.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »

I just started listening.. Duff's always a good interview I think.

Yeah he is... He is smart and funny.. I believe around the 18 minute mark is when they start discussing guns

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2015, 06:26:47 PM »

Helps that Chris is a fan.  I'm going to check it out.

I agree that Duff is often a good interview.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2015, 06:34:18 PM »

This whole conversation started when GUNNER did his big long thing about the "cancer" comment.  That's the conversation you sauntered into and hijacked.

Didn't hijack shit.
You started questioning the poster, making it about that instead of what was said. Typical. Same shit is pulled by people who got nothing to say.

Then you start going on about what Axl should do blah blah blah. When it's pointed out to you that when you're told how to behave, you get defensive and don't seem to like it.
So, does this mean you're gonna be open to suggestions on how to behave from now on? Cheesy

Of course not. You're one of those who's quick to dish out advice to others, while you sit there hiding behind your keyboard saying things like "I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong". Which are just empty words. You can never be wrong when you can selectively read what you want and ignore anything that proves you wrong! Amazing. Cheesy

I admire GUNNER's fire, but its ultimately a fool's errand.

Of course.
When the ability to think freely is extremely limited. The poster brought up good points. Instead of taking it in, it's just met with the usual "but that does not agree with what I already think so you're wrong" and "who do you think you are?".  Tongue

I'm not gonna let somebody bringing up good pints get "silenced" by somebody like you because you don't like it.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: