Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:48:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 117105 times)
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »

No worries.

Altitude sickness isn't a joke....

/jarmo

That plus its dry air. Not really conducive for singing.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2015, 10:49:42 AM »

I thought it was cool that Duff saidhe liked playing Catcher

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2015, 10:56:43 AM »

Duff also said he still as time to get back to playing stadiums ... That leads me to believe that at some point it will happen.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2015, 11:10:06 AM »

What do you guys think in regards to a reunited GN'R playing a worldwide stadium tour?

I think a first run can be done without any new music out, pretty easily. Not 100% sure about the US, but then again that's the country with most difficulty introducing the new line-up. So, a reunited GN'R would probably go over quite well. There's a question about the state of rock music in general though.

For a second run... not quite sure. I think they would have to have an album or a couple of singles out in order to fill stadiums. Arenas would probably be no problem without new music, stadiums in certain markets perhaps.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2015, 11:17:36 AM »

Yeah. He also mentioned the bass parts Tommy wrote are kinda similar to his style since they're both from similar backgrounds.

Makes sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2015, 11:23:02 AM »

Yeah. He also mentioned the bass parts Tommy wrote are kinda similar to his style since they're both from similar backgrounds.

Yeah, that's something I hadn't thought of before Duff mentioned that.. If Duff had still been in the band that recorded Chinese, the bass parts probably wouldn't be all that different than what Tommy recorded.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »

Makes sense.

/jarmo

Plus... these songs are so old... that Duff might have even been involved with some of them... what was it 96 early 97 when Duff was still hanging around... he might have worked on Catcher originally.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2015, 11:24:52 AM »

What do you guys think in regards to a reunited GN'R playing a worldwide stadium tour?

I think a first run can be done without any new music out, pretty easily. Not 100% sure about the US, but then again that's the country with most difficulty introducing the new line-up. So, a reunited GN'R would probably go over quite well. There's a question about the state of rock music in general though.

For a second run... not quite sure. I think they would have to have an album or a couple of singles out in order to fill stadiums. Arenas would probably be no problem without new music, stadiums in certain markets perhaps.

I'm pretty sure they'd do the big city football stadiums in the US no problem the first go around, at least in the real big cities.. second time around would probably go back to the basketball arenas with or without new music.

If it ever happened... I could see them be like nahhhh to the big tour and just play a few shows in some small places just for fun like.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:28:05 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2015, 11:26:05 AM »

I think it would be huge worldwide ( including the US).
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2015, 11:26:48 AM »

First run at least, what are your thoughts about a second run?

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2015, 11:40:30 AM »

I don't think they would do stadiums because you can't do them everywhere.

You are probably better off doing arenas and 2 nights in cities where you can move the tickets.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2015, 11:45:04 AM »

I don't think they would do stadiums because you can't do them everywhere.

You are probably better off doing arenas and 2 nights in cities where you can move the tickets.

AC/DC is doing stadiums....
Oh no, here we go...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2015, 11:49:58 AM »

First run at least, what are your thoughts about a second run?

Major cities and a release to pique the interest of the public. GNR will always be big in one form or another. They ( the originals) are one of those special bands.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2015, 03:56:34 PM »

Duff is asked about the possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion in this interview @5:20:

http://media.waaf.com/a/105087836/duff-mckagan-5-13-15.htm

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2015, 04:23:29 PM »

Duff is asked about the possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion in this interview @5:20:

http://media.waaf.com/a/105087836/duff-mckagan-5-13-15.htm

Theres only so many times he can answer the question and avoid saying well Axl won't play with Slash ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2015, 04:24:26 PM »

Side note: I'm really surprised that this thread hasnt been moved to the dead horse section.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »

Side note: I'm really surprised that this thread hasnt been moved to the dead horse section.

Every time somebody says that .. it immediately gets moved ... so why say that?

Give jarmo a break... he's letting us talk about all of this... why look to start something?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2015, 04:28:41 PM »

Every time somebody says that .. it immediately gets moved ... so why say that?

Give jarmo a break... he's letting us talk about all of this... why look to start something?

Im not looking to start anything with Jarmo. Just really surprised this thread has been here so long. Pretty good conversations might I add.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2015, 04:31:51 PM »

Because its not a dead horse. its relevant to what's being discussed about GNR by Duff and Slash.. and it's really the only GNR related stuff going on at the moment. So yea.. it's fun to talk about

But every time somebody posts im surprised this is still here... it immediately gets moved... so I dont think its a good thing to say.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2015, 04:33:43 PM »

Because its not a dead horse. its relevant to what's being discussed about GNR by Duff and Slash.. and it's really the only GNR related stuff going on at the moment. So yea.. it's fun to talk about

But every time somebody posts im surprised this is still here... it immediately gets moved... so I dont think its a good thing to say.

Gotcha!! No offense to anyone
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: