Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:45:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 117104 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2015, 01:52:31 PM »

Yes but I think Duffs re emergence in Axl life is the difference now .

It's only natural that makes Axl view the past differently.

Hey, its a hope.

I'd be 100% lying if I didn't think that very thing when he came back to play the shows last year.  That even if he took just a few quiet moments when it was just the 2 of them to say, sort of, "you know...this really wouldn't be that hard."

I just have no faith Axl would really entertain it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #261 on: May 15, 2015, 02:51:19 PM »

You reach a point where you are more of a clapping seal than any sort of rational thinker. 

And the opposite is so much better? There's not much rational thinking involved in whining about almost every single thing Axl chooses to do.

If you need to find some fault with everything GN'R does, there's something wrong. But hey, gotta maintain that image of being a free thinking rational thinker, even though evidence suggests thinking isn't high on the priority list.

"Whatever happens, happens" is a far better mentality to have than "Whatever happens shouldn't have happened the way it happened because I say so and I'm here telling you about it year after year".  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #262 on: May 15, 2015, 02:57:25 PM »

You reach a point where you are more of a clapping seal than any sort of rational thinker. 

And the opposite is so much better? There's not much rational thinking involved in whining about almost every single thing Axl chooses to do.

If you need to find some fault with everything GN'R does, there's something wrong. But hey, gotta maintain that image of being a free thinking rational thinker, even though evidence suggests thinking isn't high on the priority list.

"Whatever happens, happens" is a far better mentality to have than "Whatever happens shouldn't have happened the way it happened because I say so and I'm here telling you about it year after year".  Tongue

/jarmo

Is whatever happens, happens truly a better mentality? I mean I'm sure even if you dont want to share it here, you have an opinion on what you think would be best for GNR as an entity? 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #263 on: May 15, 2015, 03:04:55 PM »

And the opposite is so much better?

Well, yeah.  What credibility does a pom-pom waver have?  Pretty much none.  

You don't even really have to check in with them to see what they think, because you already know.  They support it fully, it was a brilliant move by Axl, and why would anyone question it?  It's the answer to literally everything.

Why waste the time asking?

There's not much rational thinking involved in whining about almost every single thing Axl chooses to do.

And if this were reality, I would agree with you.  Extremism in any direction is not terribly useful.

Where its not reality is the fact that I (or anyone else that you are just totally breezy about) don't even remotely whine about almost every single thing Axl chooses to do.  There's things we agree with, and things we don't.  We just don't share your vested interest to never speak out of turn.

But if there truly was someone that just shit on everything, I would say the same thing about them.  Why bother asking, because the answer is always the same.  There are several such types over at MYGNR.  They are not to be taken seriously.

A superfan apologist and an irrational hater are flipsides of the same impractical coin.  And it doesn't help that both think they are just doing god's work and anyone that deviates from their direction "just doesn't get it".

Its foolishness.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #264 on: May 15, 2015, 03:08:17 PM »

Is whatever happens, happens truly a better mentality? I mean I'm sure even if you dont want to share it here, you have an opinion on what you think would be best for GNR as an entity? 

Exactly.  Why ever even have a conversation about anything?  Not just GNR, but anything.

Logically, you have an opinion on matters.  Its just that too often some are quick to praise the good, but so totally relucrtant to question the bad, you get the cop out "well, its not my place to say" or "what I think won't change anything."

The second I see those type answers, or others in a similar vein, you know that's their version of dissent.  They just see value in never being able to be quoted saying something bad.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #265 on: May 15, 2015, 03:36:24 PM »

Axl has made me scratch my head a bunch of times with some things he has said and some things GNR has done or haven't done. But I only know a fraction of the story.

Some people... won't ever question him..and will say this is the best version of GNR ever, no matter who is in the band.. that kinda stuff. That's fine.. they are allowed.

DX I agree with you often about certain things GNR related,  but I do not understand why you continue to have this same fight about being objective or not over and over. It's kinda futile. 

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #266 on: May 15, 2015, 03:44:45 PM »

My opinion is that people in the GN'R camp have a better understanding about what the best thing for GN'R is than some keyboard warriors hiding behind their usernames secretly wishing their opinions would be taken into account when making decisions.

You tell me, which seems better? Constant need to look for faults with everything or just accept reality and move on?

Well, yeah.  What credibility does a pom-pom waver have?  Pretty much none.  

You don't even really have to check in with them to see what they think, because you already know.  They support it fully, it was a brilliant move by Axl, and why would anyone question it?  It's the answer to literally everything.

Why waste the time asking?

Seriously. You and your need for credibility.
You don't have credibility just because you whine. That just makes you a whiny person.

You keep bringing up thinking. So how come your way of thinking is so extremely narrow minded and limited?

Where its not reality is the fact that I (or anyone else that you are just totally breezy about) don't even remotely whine about almost every single thing Axl chooses to do.  There's things we agree with, and things we don't.  We just don't share your vested interest to never speak out of turn.

You really offered a great example of this the other day when somebody brought up points that contrast yours and your best reply was "who are you?". Says a lot.

There was your chance to show everybody your ability to think and analyze what was said, but no. Not interested. It seems to me this talking out of turn is just an excuse to complain. Very little thinking involved, like I said.

If you go trough life thinking everything is "wrong" because it doesn't suit your so called agenda, then too bad.
Not every decision is gonna please you. You'll have to accept it. Maybe the decision works for one person only, and that's fine. You'll just need to come to terms with this. The sooner the better.

So yeah, regarding the mentality. While many of us were enjoying the tour and shows, some were finding the time to complain about something about it.
And now? No shows to complain about... But those in the first group sure can look back at fun times! Smiley

Some people... won't ever question him..and will say this is the best version of GNR ever, no matter who is in the band.. that kinda stuff. That's fine.. they are allowed.

This is human nature. Some people like NOW. This exact moment is the best time in their life. Not yesterday or last week. Now rules.
It's that simple.

Of they just have a different opinion from others. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #267 on: May 15, 2015, 03:53:08 PM »

My opinion is that people in the GN'R camp have a better understanding about what the best thing for GN'R is than some keyboard warriors hiding behind their usernames secretly wishing their opinions would be taken into account when making decisions.

You tell me, which seems better? Constant need to look for faults with everything or just accept reality and move on?

/jarmo

Ok...but what if you don't necesarily agree with the moves they are making? Do you just accept it and move on or are you comfortable saying that whats being done by the GNR camp is probably in the best interest of the band?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »

DX I agree with you often about certain things GNR related,  but I do not understand why you continue to have this same fight about being objective or not over and over. It's kinda futile. 

I don't bring it up, but I respond when its brought up.  If someone else wants to have the conversation, I have the conversation.

If it was never brought up by anyone again, you'd never hear it from me.

But if it is brought up, like you say, not much new ground being covered here.  You know what you're getting, I should think.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #269 on: May 15, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »

No one has ever said this.  Not one time. 

It only exists in your noggin.  Asking people to accept its happening anywhere else is sort of quizzical. 

But its absolutely why people mock it when you try and run it up the flagpole.  It's silly.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #270 on: May 15, 2015, 03:59:08 PM »

You really offered a great example of this the other day when somebody brought up points that contrast yours and your best reply was "who are you?". Says a lot.

And this would be the conversation I had with another poster that went on without incident?

And then you decided the next day to chime in with your take that what really happened was a grave insult, and insisted on that being the case, even after being told by both of us (at least twice) it wasn't like that at all?

Think we covered that, no?  Why the rerun?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #271 on: May 15, 2015, 05:47:23 PM »

What's the difference between a 6 week old puppy and DgenX?

In 6 weeks the puppy will stop whining.  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #272 on: May 15, 2015, 06:10:58 PM »

Ok...but what if you don't necesarily agree with the moves they are making? Do you just accept it and move on or are you comfortable saying that whats being done by the GNR camp is probably in the best interest of the band?

Let me put it this way. Would you like to surround yourself with people who always try find things to complain about so they don't appear like they're too friendly with you? Gotta appear cool you know.
And they only support you when you do something that works for them. If you do something for yourself, they'll call you selfish.

How long would you put up with that before you had a talk with these people?

No one said it because it's secret. Duh!

Are you honestly telling me these so called experts post only for their own enjoyment? Come on. Either they want some kind of attention from other fans, or they want attention from people in and/or around the band.
I bet if you were singled out by a band member, you'd wear it like some kind of badge of honor. Cheesy

You've already proven to be somebody who cares about the way you appear on a fan forum. Speaks volumes.

It's like sports fans who think they know better than the coach and/or team owner....

And this would be the conversation I had with another poster that went on without incident?

And then you decided the next day to chime in with your take that what really happened was a grave insult, and insisted on that being the case, even after being told by both of us (at least twice) it wasn't like that at all?

Think we covered that, no?  Why the rerun?

Because it proves my point. You keep using big phrases and offer zero proof of living up to those words. Smiley
Do, don't type!

Don't tell me you're able to think and you're rational, and then when somebody posts something that would make you think, you just back into your corner and come back with "who are you?". Just a hint for the next time!

All this "Axl doesn't care" bullshit you type. Why do you have to make it sound like he doesn't care about anything? Same thing when you claimed Robin wants nothing to do with GN'R. You have an issue with stating something less general and negative? You always have to paint with broad strokes? Because we all know that kind of statements are just false, and there's evidence to prove it. Yet, with all that free thinking ability, you still manage to blurt out this kind of nonsense time after time.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:47:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #273 on: May 15, 2015, 07:57:58 PM »

What's the difference between a 6 week old puppy and DgenX?

In 6 weeks the puppy will stop whining.  hihi

But both are adorable.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #274 on: May 15, 2015, 08:02:21 PM »

My opinion is that people in the GN'R camp have a better understanding about what the best thing for GN'R is than some keyboard warriors hiding behind their usernames
secretly wishing their opinions would be taken into account when making decisions.

No one said it because it's secret. Duh!

Are you honestly telling me these so called experts post only for their own enjoyment? Come on. Either they want some kind of attention from other fans, or they want attention from people in and/or around the band.

This is a lot of supposition on your part with nothing to support it.  Other than your pretty strong hunch, of course.  Which, of course, is rock solid.

I just don't know how seriously we are supposed to take that.  A guy telling the other guy what he REALLY thinks, so you can do both parts of the conversation and have it go your way.

Who needs other people at that point?  You can do that with a mirror.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #275 on: May 15, 2015, 08:06:19 PM »

All this "Axl doesn't care" bullshit you type. Why do you have to make it sound like he doesn't care about anything? Same thing when you claimed Robin wants nothing to do with GN'R. You have an issue with stating something less general and negative? You always have to paint with broad strokes? Because we all know that kind of statements are just false, and there's evidence to prove it. Yet, with all that free thinking ability, you still manage to blurt out this kind of nonsense time after time.

I don't see a lot of strong evidence Robin wants much to do with GNR.  If you do, good for you.  But I don't see it.

A guy who bolts right before the album comes out to go play in another band instead.  Bolts on a band and a album that has given him more creative freedom and a chance to show his wares than any other major band he had been in up to that point.  A theoretical follow up album also largely containing his work, but no involvement from him.

Where is this evidence he's still interested in being in the fold?  What, because he got on stage and did 'Better' with them that time?  That's your big "gotcha" moment?

Pretty flimsy. 

If I was going to try and argue the point that you are trying to argue, I'd want something a hell of a lot more convincing than that to go to battle with.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:07:50 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #276 on: May 15, 2015, 08:20:07 PM »

This is a lot of supposition on your part with nothing to support it.  Other than your pretty strong hunch, of course.  Which, of course, is rock solid.

Well I can assume just like you.
Fair enough?

Unlike you assuming about a big international rock band, I've actually encountered a bunch of fans over the year, both in real life and online.  Smiley

I just don't know how seriously we are supposed to take that.  A guy telling the other guy what he REALLY thinks, so you can do both parts of the conversation and have it go your way.

Who needs other people at that point?  You can do that with a mirror.

Is that Stuart Smalley?  Wink

Once again, you point out that I assume things, well that's what you do most of the time but you never point out how your "Axl doesn't care" posts are nothing but assumptions and generalizations. Why not?

Why is me assuming about the motives of a certain clique of fans a big enough deal for you to bring it up, but you assuming day in and day out about a band, and business you have little knowledge about, fair?
I'm just curious about that and thinking rationally!

People want to be special. Either they want others in their group to idolize them and/or they want reaffirmation from their idols.
There's nothing weird about it. Not saying everybody is like that. Before you jump to your generalizations.

When a person gets upset because a thread gets moved, I assume he's upset because he's not getting the attention he thinks he deserves. That's my rationale.

I don't see a lot of strong evidence Robin wants much to do with GNR.  If you do, good for you.  But I don't see it.

A guy who bolts right before the album comes out to go play in another band instead.  Bolts on a band and a album that has given him more creative freedom and a chance to show his wares than any other major band he had been in up to that point.  A theoretical follow up album also largely containing his work, but no involvement from him.

Where is this evidence he's still interested in being in the fold?  What, because he got on stage and did 'Better' with them that time?  That's your big "gotcha" moment?

Pretty flimsy. 

If I was going to try and argue the point that you are trying to argue, I'd want something a hell of a lot more convincing than that to go to battle with.

Because he didn't join the band it means "he doesn't want anything to do with the band"?
Wouldn't rational thinking make you go "Unless he says he doesn't want anything to do with the band, I'll assume that isn't necessarily true and I won't make misguided generalizations like that in public"?

So you're telling me everybody who never went back to an old job/team/band/partner/whatever wouldn't want to go back? Is that your rational thinking?

Please tell me that's not how your mind works.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2015, 08:59:37 PM »

Well I can assume just like you.
Fair enough?

I think you can theorize why a person says what they says and why they might think what they think based on things they've said.

I'd probably leave it there and stop short of claiming actual clairvoyance, however.  Leave that to Professor X.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2015, 09:02:38 PM »

So you're telling me everybody who never went back to an old job/team/band/partner/whatever wouldn't want to go back?

No, I'm saying this is what I think about Robin Finck and GNR and I think it for the reasons I've stated.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2015, 07:32:33 AM »

Now I'm not too sure about this as a fact or something I dreamt.  But somewhere I have this belief that Axl (or those close to him) has alluded to wanting an apology in the mainstream media, addressing the accusations made by Slash. If this  is the case, then there clearly is work to be done before others to make a reunion even register on Axls radar.

Even if the apology was made, it wouldn't be a case of Slash saying "Hey man, I've done what you've asked,lets get it on...."

There would be a whole host of demands/caveats to do just a show, let alone a tour, from both all sides. Axl has had the opportunity to bow to demand, RRHOF, and chose to say away,partly because of the notion of what it is, how people get chosen and the clear motives (in the case of Gn'R) to be "first" in getting the reunion done. This was more about them rather than the band.

Axl has metaphorically been butt fucked by original band before, some,well Duff, he's made his peace with, Izzy, well is just Izzy and Axl gets it.  Steven hasn't a prayer of getting the gig (should it happen (Unreliable and looks likely to going back to being a user a any time) and then there is Slash. Axl has commented publicly that he doesn't doubt his ability to do a tour, but there is the baggage that goes with him, be it the person, his entourage and just the overall package.  Is the intrusions, the responsibility and the general hassle worth it.  In Axl's world no, and I'm thinking, I don't blame him for taking this stance.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: