Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:14:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 117138 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2015, 07:41:31 AM »

No, I'm saying this is what I think about Robin Finck and GNR and I think it for the reasons I've stated.

But your reasons are basically "because he took an offer to go on tour with another band and never came back".
In your mind that equals "he wants nothing to do with GN'R and never wanted/wants to come back".

Please tell me you're not that limited in your thinking. Another chance for you to prove the ability to rational free thinking.

Let's say there's something in your life that you never managed to achieve yet (I know, there really isn't, but let's just assume), does that mean you don't want achieve it, or do you just start telling yourself you never wanted it in the first place to feel better about it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2015, 08:06:10 AM »

No, I'm saying this is what I think about Robin Finck and GNR and I think it for the reasons I've stated.

But your reasons are basically "because he took an offer to go on tour with another band and never came back".
In your mind that equals "he wants nothing to do with GN'R and never wanted/wants to come back".

Please tell me you're not that limited in your thinking. Another chance for you to prove the ability to rational free thinking.

Let's say there's something in your life that you never managed to achieve yet (I know, there really isn't, but let's just assume), does that mean you don't want achieve it, or do you just start telling yourself you never wanted it in the first place to feel better about it?

Jarmo, do you think Robin is coming back?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #282 on: May 16, 2015, 08:12:52 AM »

Jarmo, do you think Robin is coming back?

No I don't. I'm talking about the near future. I wouldn't say "he's never coming back" because I got no idea.

But I know nothing about whether or not he wants "nothing to do with GN'R".

Why not just stick to reporting the facts? Robin left to go on tour with another band. Easy.
Instead of generalizing and assuming things you know nothing about basically.

Now, I'm aware that if you want to believe that Robin wants nothing to do with GN'R, because that is how you want things to be, then of course you'll keep telling yourself that. But if you're gonna make that kind of statements in public, chances are you'll have to stand up for it.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:18:02 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »

I have been a visitor on this board for over 11 years now. I only registered a few years back, and don't post often. But there's something I really feel that I should mention:

We are all here because we love this band, either the old incarnation, or the new one. Let's not forget that. Neither version is better than the other.

There's so much bitching and fighting, especially in threads like these. It makes it less fun for regular visitors like me to drop in. Instead of reading about what's going on with a band I like (past members and current), it's reading flame wars between board members and owner(s). This board can be run whichever way Jarmo likes (it's his and I appreciate his effort), but I like to mention that it would be nice if the highlight of the message board would be conversations about the band, instead of its members.

This is not in any way criticism towards any of the board members...it's just a 'can't we all just get along?'.....

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #284 on: May 16, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »

I don't think that is true, either old or new. I mean, I love both.... I don't think I'm the only one!  peace

Anyway, it's not a problem if you prefer one to the other. It's personal opinion.
But, I feel like I have to repeat this over and over, the problem arises when those who only like the old, or have a huge bias towards that era, come here to try to stir shit up because they know we are here because we support the current. And I'm not gonna shit like that go on. Sorry.

People who come here to post shit about the current band aren't welcome. It's pretty simple. That has nothing to do with what your favorite song, album or band member is. It has more to do with those people lacking respect for the band and/or this site. Simple as that.

If they have that respect, there's no problems.  Smiley

/jarmo

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2015, 06:07:33 PM »

I don't think that is true, either old or new. I mean, I love both.... I don't think I'm the only one!  peace

Anyway, it's not a problem if you prefer one to the other. It's personal opinion.
But, I feel like I have to repeat this over and over, the problem arises when those who only like the old, or have a huge bias towards that era, come here to try to stir shit up because they know we are here because we support the current. And I'm not gonna shit like that go on. Sorry.

People who come here to post shit about the current band aren't welcome. It's pretty simple. That has nothing to do with what your favorite song, album or band member is. It has more to do with those people lacking respect for the band and/or this site. Simple as that.

If they have that respect, there's no problems.  Smiley

/jarmo

I fully understand that. And for what it's worth: I honestly like all versions....so there are people on here who really dig all albums. I just hope for new music from what I think is one of the best bands in the world....

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
mortismurphy
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2015, 02:13:37 AM »

I have been a visitor on this board for over 11 years now. I only registered a few years back, and don't post often. But there's something I really feel that I should mention:

We are all here because we love this band, either the old incarnation, or the new one. Let's not forget that. Neither version is better than the other.

There's so much bitching and fighting, especially in threads like these. It makes it less fun for regular visitors like me to drop in. Instead of reading about what's going on with a band I like (past members and current), it's reading flame wars between board members and owner(s). This board can be run whichever way Jarmo likes (it's his and I appreciate his effort), but I like to mention that it would be nice if the highlight of the message board would be conversations about the band, instead of its members.

This is not in any way criticism towards any of the board members...it's just a 'can't we all just get along?'.....

It is not even about the old or new band so much as this forum basically exists so the moderator(s) can go around and correct Axl's mistakes, mishaps and weaknesses and neutralise, and in extreme cases censor, any people willing to discuss those mistakes. Under such a set of sycophantic circumstances, it is impossible to have a normal conversation that would exist in the real world whereby, you can 'dislike something' or 'disagree with something' and are free to do so and there is a sort of democratic acceptance that you are free to do so. That is why your 'flame wars' are being constantly created all the time, when you can literally not say ''I think Axl made a mistake here with such-and-such'' without an avalanche of self-righteous indignation and propaganda heading in your direction.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2015, 02:27:33 AM »

It is not even about the old or new band so much as this forum basically exists so the moderator(s) can go around and correct Axl's mistakes, mishaps and weaknesses and neutralise, and in extreme cases censor, any people willing to discuss those mistakes. Under such a set of sycophantic circumstances, it is impossible to have a normal conversation that would exist in the real world whereby, you can 'dislike something' or 'disagree with something' and are free to do so and there is a sort of democratic acceptance that you are free to do so. That is why your 'flame wars' are being constantly created all the time, when you can literally not say ''I think Axl made a mistake here with such-and-such'' without an avalanche of self-righteous indignation and propaganda heading in your direction.

You are very wrong, this is a fan forum where actual supporters of GNR can come to get updates and chat about the band we like.

You are simply pissed off because your agenda of destructive criticism isn't allowed to take place here, all your idiocy and nonsense is outed for what it is.

Why don't you skip on over to an AC/DC forum, and plague them with your toxic presence? rant
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:29:43 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2015, 06:54:43 AM »

The person who posts negative posts nine times out of ten is defending his right to whine. No surprise.

What he failed to mention is that if he feels that the band is doing so many "mistakes", why is he on a fan site? This kind of people claim to care about the band, but it's like they only care to whine about the band.
Also, how many times do we need to hear that this particular person doesn't like Las Vegas?  rofl

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2015, 09:27:40 AM »

What he failed to mention is that if he feels that the band is doing so many "mistakes", why is he on a fan site?

If your football team goes from top of the Premiership to the bottom of the Conference, in the space of so many years, you do not jump ship.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2015, 11:18:25 AM »

Great analogy, except the perception is in the eye of the beholder. That's what you want to believe.

You're so inclined not to like something that it's like a broken record. The team is still doing great. The only miserable person is you.  Smiley

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2015, 11:35:28 AM »

Great analogy, except the perception is in the eye of the beholder. That's what you want to believe.

You're so inclined not to like something that it's like a broken record. The team is still doing great. The only miserable person is you.  Smiley

/jarmo

Absolute garbage. If a sporting team is doing badly, everybody from the players to the management, chairmanship and ownership are lambasted by the fans; fans scrutinize managerial tactics and strategies, spending plans and players in order to find out 'what went wrong'. They usually all disagree about 'what is going wrong' but if a team is doing particularly miserable, there are usually not many, sporting equivalent of Jarmos, around. I doubt there are many fans of a team who are about to be relegated or booted out of a knock out competition going, ''It is out of my hands; let's dwell on the positive'' while attacking the waverers.

If a team is doing badly it is actually very vocal and heated - and interesting. Fans even turn up with placards saying things like, ''manager out'' and sing critical songs about players who are doing badly. It is, I do accept, all a far cry from your world. If I had your philosophy on life, I do not suppose I could ever read a paper or watch the news in the mornings, for fear that I see something 'negative'.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #292 on: May 17, 2015, 11:42:11 AM »

Ever heard the expression "You can't always get what you want"? Cheesy

If your team gets relegated, it happens. No amount of your whining will change it!
It's just fucking boring to have to listen to you day in and day out.

Your analogies are getting weirder and weirder. What's this got to do with newspapers or the news? Nothing.
Just a poor attempt at ridicule.

While you were busy whining about he pointless touring in 2013 and 2014, many fans were enjoying the opportunity to see their favorite band.
So why don't you just go to any AC/DC fan site and discuss their exciting new setlist with three new songs in it? Smiley

The bottom line is, you contribute as much constructive criticism as a piece of rock. There's more positivity in a negatively charged particle than in you.

Edited to add: Nobody's stopping you from posting your opinions. You're free to post those whiny non-constructive opinions somewhere else. Nobody's trynig to silence you, just telling you that you're in a house and a company where your kind isn't the norm.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:52:27 PM by jarmo » Logged

mortismurphy
« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2015, 03:17:49 PM »

Ever heard the expression "You can't always get what you want"? Cheesy

If your team gets relegated, it happens. No amount of your whining will change it!

Not really true. Firstly, if you believe this it is you who would be in the minority in the stands or the terraces; literally no fan of a sports team acts like you. Most of them actually relish a good debate about their team and are happy to voice concerns publicly. Secondly, it is not true because criticism - even public criticism - can lead to changes in management.

Your analogies are getting weirder and weirder. What's this got to do with newspapers or the news? Nothing.
Just a poor attempt at ridicule.

Well taken your philosophy to its logical extreme, you surely cannot read a newspaper since there is contained in newspapers, negativity, criticism (of, say the government), as well as satire. Jarmo logic of, ''I cannot do anything so I only try to be positive, and I do not know anything anyway so why should I comment?'', literally can not be sustained whenever somebody reads an editorial. It collapses as it would in ordinary adult life in fact. It is not conducive to sensible and witty discourse in democratic societies.

While you were busy whining about he pointless touring in 2013 and 2014, many fans were enjoying the opportunity to see their favorite band.
So why don't you just go to any AC/DC fan site and discuss their exciting new setlist with three new songs in it? Smiley

Axl has not released an album since the Wright Brothers invented flight, and you are joking about a band who are touring behind an brand new album? I just do not understand how you have the nerve here! At least make fun of a band  who are similarly uninspired as Axl like an Elvis tribute act.

The bottom line is, you contribute as much constructive criticism as a piece of rock. There's more positivity in a negatively charged particle than in you.

Speaking scientifically, you actually talk about 'positivity' and 'negativity' more than Rutherford.

Edited to add: Nobody's stopping you from posting your opinions. You're free to post those whiny non-constructive opinions somewhere else. Nobody's trynig to silence you, just telling you that you're in a house and a company where your kind isn't the norm.

It is funny you say that. Assuming I do not post, then the forum would become, more as you desire it - correct? More attuned to what you wish it? One less whiner - correct?

Well I have not posted in weeks and it has not exactly been all, sunshine, rainbows and daffodils around here. If anything, it has been more argumentative!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2015, 04:13:24 PM »

Secondly, it is not true because criticism - even public criticism - can lead to changes in management.

And this applies to GN'R?
You think you get to decide how the band is run?  Huh

Well taken your philosophy to its logical extreme, you surely cannot read a newspaper since there is contained in newspapers, negativity, criticism (of, say the government), as well as satire. Jarmo logic of, ''I cannot do anything so I only try to be positive, and I do not know anything anyway so why should I comment?'', literally can not be sustained whenever somebody reads an editorial. It collapses as it would in ordinary adult life in fact. It is not conducive to sensible and witty discourse in democratic societies.

Of course I can.

But I don't need to have somebody in my house telling me everything sucks when it's easy to just escort the person out and make sure he's not welcome back in.
You're not a newspaper. You're not the BBC Evening News. You're a whiny fan.

Axl has not released an album since the Wright Brothers invented flight, and you are joking about a band who are touring behind an brand new album? I just do not understand how you have the nerve here! At least make fun of a band  who are similarly uninspired as Axl like an Elvis tribute act.

AC/DC. You know what you get. It's kinda like McDonalds. No surprises. Wink
Nothing wrong with that. They play the old songs everybody wants to hear and add three new songs in order to validate yet another tour..... Exciting! Smiley
That's why I don't get why you're here. You got all this excitement to go share with your fellow AC/DC fans instead of spending time on a band you don't like...

You're not allowed to criticize them? Shocked

It is funny you say that. Assuming I do not post, then the forum would become, more as you desire it - correct? More attuned to what you wish it? One less whiner - correct?

Well I have not posted in weeks and it has not exactly been all, sunshine, rainbows and daffodils around here. If anything, it has been more argumentative!!

You won't be missed. Sorry.
Your contributions are so minimal and I suspect they are more personal than anything.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:17:35 PM by jarmo » Logged

mortismurphy
« Reply #295 on: May 17, 2015, 06:22:15 PM »

And this applies to GN'R?

No, well, yes in the sense that interactive fan involvement has occasionally produced results - products etc. This however would not happen with GN'R whose relationship with their fanbase is, lousy at best.

You think you get to decide how the band is run?  Huh

You think somebody actually runs this band? Haha - that is a good one!

Of course I can.

But I don't need to have somebody in my house telling me everything sucks when it's easy to just escort the person out and make sure he's not welcome back in.

Nobody can possibly live a life by 'escorting' people away from their life, who possess opinions different to theirs. I honestly do not know how you function in the real world, outside the internet.

You're not a newspaper. You're not the BBC Evening News. You're a whiny fan.

How the heck are you supposed to know that? I do not believe I have ever cited my employment history here? Considering newspapers employ, uncountable numbers of people worldwide (there are millions of papers!!), and the BBC itself employs 20,000 people, it seems terribly presumptuous of you!

AC/DC. You know what you get. It's kinda like McDonalds. No surprises. Wink
Nothing wrong with that. They play the old songs everybody wants to hear and add three new songs in order to validate yet another tour..... Exciting! Smiley
That's why I don't get why you're here. You got all this excitement to go share with your fellow AC/DC fans instead of spending time on a band you don't like...

You're not allowed to criticize them? Shocked

The paltry number of new songs in a DC setlist is a fair criticism, but then DC have a new album out which rather makes the argument redundant in light of the fact that Axl's discography can be written on a postage stamp. New album Jarmo? Remember that feeling? You go into the shops and buy 10-15 songs of your 'favourite band'? Oh, I forgot, you have never had that experience with New guns. Come back with this argument when Guns have a new album out. if they play more than three songs, I will concede you the argument.

Even CD was archaic in 2008.

You won't be missed. Sorry.
Your contributions are so minimal and I suspect they are more personal than anything.

Never presumed I would be. Thoroughly aware that I am unpopular here. But presumably, your vision of, Axl worship with Prozac and puppy dogs and smiley rainbows with cherubs, would never surface either since you have argued just as much when I was not posting, as when I have been present?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #296 on: May 17, 2015, 07:14:52 PM »

No, well, yes in the sense that interactive fan involvement has occasionally produced results - products etc. This however would not happen with GN'R whose relationship with their fanbase is, lousy at best.

It's one thing if you're asked for your opinion, or feedback. You're just sharing all this without being asked!

You think somebody actually runs this band? Haha - that is a good one!

Aww. Poor guy.
Can't answer a simple question. So much for wanting discussion and all that bullshit you spew.

Nobody can possibly live a life by 'escorting' people away from their life, who possess opinions different to theirs. I honestly do not know how you function in the real world, outside the internet.

I'll give you an example of a real world situation that happens. Or so I've heard!
Divorce, break ups, friendships ending. All these things happen when people don't care for the other person and/or their opinion.

And yes, I've you have a home, you can choose who is welcome in your home. That's why there's a door, or doors in the house!
Not everybody lives in places with an open door policy as you seem to Mr BBC Evening News.

How the heck are you supposed to know that? I do not believe I have ever cited my employment history here? Considering newspapers employ, uncountable numbers of people worldwide (there are millions of papers!!), and the BBC itself employs 20,000 people, it seems terribly presumptuous of you!

The wonders of the internet. I just assume what I want. Just like you! Works both ways, great innit? Smiley
I don't need proof either. Cheesy

The paltry number of new songs in a DC setlist is a fair criticism, but then DC have a new album out which rather makes the argument redundant in light of the fact that Axl's discography can be written on a postage stamp. New album Jarmo? Remember that feeling? You go into the shops and buy 10-15 songs of your 'favourite band'? Oh, I forgot, you have never had that experience with New guns. Come back with this argument when Guns have a new album out. if they play more than three songs, I will concede you the argument.

It's not an argument. It just shows you that maybe you're too obsessed with this piece of the puzzle missing from your life... Poor guy, your life is so empty without a new GN'R album.
Would I want a new album? Sure. Doesn't mean I spend my days whining about it.  ok

Now, go listen to that new exciting AC/DC album and come back when GN'R has a new record out.  ok

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:16:49 PM by jarmo » Logged

PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2015, 01:28:32 AM »

I can't see a return to a classic era lineup, ever.  But I've been wrong before

PS:  If you added up the amount of time it takes to read all the arguments and then type out all these replies.... and the over/under was 2 years of time, I'd bet the over
mortismurphy
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2015, 05:13:07 AM »

I'll give you an example of a real world situation that happens. Or so I've heard!
Divorce, break ups, friendships ending. All these things happen when people don't care for the other person and/or their opinion.

And yes, I've you have a home, you can choose who is welcome in your home. That's why there's a door, or doors in the house!
Not everybody lives in places with an open door policy as you seem to Mr BBC Evening News.

This is fair enough in itself but you cannot live an entire life like this - unless of course, you live in a hippy commune or some closed off island oasis. You cannot shield yourself from all elements of worldliness.

Most people gather an array of opinions on things they like-dislike, agree-disagree on topics such as food, art, films, politics and, yes, rock music. They utilise those opinions with other people in conversations. Bringing the debate back on some degree of pertinence, do you think Stones fans like all those terrible '80s Stones releases? They slaughter them, usually in humorous terms. Do you think Ozzy fans defended the The Osbournes and the re-recording of his old albums? He got crucified. This is how normal rock fans act. Does not mean they are personally deficient in something or 'whiners' or spreaders of 'negativity'. They are simply reacting how normal rock fans act.

It's not an argument. It just shows you that maybe you're too obsessed with this piece of the puzzle missing from your life... Poor guy, your life is so empty without a new GN'R album.
Would I want a new album? Sure. Doesn't mean I spend my days whining about it.  ok

You always seem to equate objective internet criticism with some degree of, personal short falling, a depression or a mental unbalance. My life is not empty in the slightest without a new album. I actually have a lot of music I am listening to right now - not just AC/DC's latest.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2015, 06:35:48 AM »

This is fair enough in itself but you cannot live an entire life like this - unless of course, you live in a hippy commune or some closed off island oasis. You cannot shield yourself from all elements of worldliness.

Most people gather an array of opinions on things they like-dislike, agree-disagree on topics such as food, art, films, politics and, yes, rock music. They utilise those opinions with other people in conversations. Bringing the debate back on some degree of pertinence, do you think Stones fans like all those terrible '80s Stones releases? They slaughter them, usually in humorous terms. Do you think Ozzy fans defended the The Osbournes and the re-recording of his old albums? He got crucified. This is how normal rock fans act. Does not mean they are personally deficient in something or 'whiners' or spreaders of 'negativity'. They are simply reacting how normal rock fans act.

I didn't say I do or that I'm trying.

All I said was that we can choose the company we keep. Unfortunately for you, unless you start changing your attitude, you're not the kind of company we want here.

You always seem to equate objective internet criticism with some degree of, personal short falling, a depression or a mental unbalance. My life is not empty in the slightest without a new album. I actually have a lot of music I am listening to right now - not just AC/DC's latest.

#1: You're far from objective. Light years from it probably. Being able to whine about something does not equal being objective.
#2: When a majority of your complaints are about one issue, that sure makes me come to the conclusion that it's important to you.
#3: I'm glad you're able to enjoy other music, maybe you should do more of it to take your mind of that elusive GN'R album that you can't have at this exact moment. Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: