Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 117143 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2015, 06:56:34 AM »

unless you start changing your attitude, you're not the kind of company we want here.

Why do you have to keep acting like that, like a nursery school Gauleiter? I usually just ignore your periodic - throwing weight around while saying to the unpopular kid ''nah nah nah-nah-nah'' - thing but I will break my silence just this once by saying, it is terribly cringe-worthy stuff, emanating as it is from an adult and not a playground.

#1: You're far from objective. Light years from it probably. Being able to whine about something does not equal being objective.

1# I do not 'whine'. It just so happens that you have caught me with the band at an all time nadir. 2# You never post yourself, if not to argue against your so called 'whiners'. It does raise an interesting question: who is better, the person who permanently whines, or the person who permanently whines against the whiner? As I said before, my absence did not produce your puppy dogs, cup cakes and rainbows scenario? You were arguing as vehemently as ever!

#2: When a majority of your complaints are about one issue, that sure makes me come to the conclusion that it's important to you.

It is important in the sense that Guns N' Roses are a band I support and that Axl is a musician whose (future) music, I am interested in hearing. It is important in a way that, it would not be for someone uninterested in GN'R and Axl. But there is a clue there in what I wrote: Guns are just a 'band' and Axl, a 'musician'. None of that is particularly important in the greater scheme of things. CD2 will not cure cancer.

#3: I'm glad you're able to enjoy other music, maybe you should do more of it to take your mind of that elusive GN'R album that you can't have at this exact moment. Smiley

I could not listen to much more music than I already listen to. It is a great thing to have lots of music by artists who release music though.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2015, 07:17:30 AM »

unless you start changing your attitude, you're not the kind of company we want here.

Why do you have to keep acting like that, like a nursery school Gauleiter? I usually just ignore your periodic - throwing weight around while saying to the unpopular kid ''nah nah nah-nah-nah'' - thing but I will break my silence just this once by saying, it is terribly cringe-worthy stuff, emanating as it is from an adult and not a playground.

Well, because I have to and I can.
It's that simple.

I've learned my lessons over time.I'll rather have people dislike me for this than run a breeding ground for hate and negativity. That's just me. Smiley

1# I do not 'whine'. It just so happens that you have caught me with the band at an all time nadir. 2# You never post yourself, if not to argue against your so called 'whiners'. It does raise an interesting question: who is better, the person who permanently whines, or the person who permanently whines against the whiner? As I said before, my absence did not produce your puppy dogs, cup cakes and rainbows scenario? You were arguing as vehemently as ever!

As I said, take a break!
If this particular time is so hard on you that you have to constantly share anything negative that you come up with, maybe a break away from it all will do us all some good?
Once again bringing up the "I don't like that you argue with me" point. Yes, I know, thins would be better if nobody confronted you about what you're doing. But that's not happening, so stop whining. Cheesy  Wink

I could not listen to much more music than I already listen to. It is a great thing to have lots of music by artists who release music though.

Great.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2015, 07:54:35 AM »

Well, because I have to and I can.
It's that simple.

I will just go back to ignoring you whenever you go through your toddler Gauleiter routine then. I want to be able to keep my lunch down after all.

I've learned my lessons over time.I'll rather have people dislike me for this than run a breeding ground for hate and negativity. That's just me. Smiley

But it isn't working very well, is it? The fact that this current argument began by a full blown supporter raising the point about the arguments here, tells you all you need to know about the present levels of 'negativity'. Of course, you actually do not have a problem with 'negativity', do you? I actually hasten to add that you enjoy a good argument - am I right? It is, negativity as directed at Axl Rose that you have a real problem with. You must propagandize Axl and rehabilitate him publicly, explaining away mistakes and mishaps to make him look perfect.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2015, 08:16:08 AM »

But it isn't working very well, is it? The fact that this current argument began by a full blown supporter raising the point about the arguments here, tells you all you need to know about the present levels of 'negativity'. Of course, you actually do not have a problem with 'negativity', do you? I actually hasten to add that you enjoy a good argument - am I right? It is, negativity as directed at Axl Rose that you have a real problem with. You must propagandize Axl and rehabilitate him publicly, explaining away mistakes and mishaps to make him look perfect.

It's not working for you.
Doesn't mean it's true for everybody else. Smiley

Well considering this is a GN'R fan site, in my opinion, the negativity should be elsewhere. I know your definition of a fan is basically somebody who enjoys the music and likes to whine about shit they didn't get.
Fair enough. That's not necessarily why I started this site 18+ years ago.

In essence, if the bad outweighs the good in your opinion about the band, this isn't the site for you.... Smiley

Edited to add: if you have more questions about how and why this site is run the way it is, I'm more than happy to answer. Just send me a PM. ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:38:23 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2015, 08:44:47 AM »

Ok...but what if you don't necesarily agree with the moves they are making? Do you just accept it and move on or are you comfortable saying that whats being done by the GNR camp is probably in the best interest of the band?

Let me put it this way. Would you like to surround yourself with people who always try find things to complain about so they don't appear like they're too friendly with you? Gotta appear cool you know.
And they only support you when you do something that works for them. If you do something for yourself, they'll call you selfish.

How long would you put up with that before you had a talk with these people?

/jarmo

Ok let me turn that around a bit. I would rather have people around that will tell me when my shit stinks, when I'm being a jerk, when something Im working on is not up to par. It keeps you grounded and honest. Having YES people around is the most damaging thing an artist or anyone can have.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2015, 08:52:02 AM »

Ok let me turn that around a bit. I would rather have people around that will tell me when my shit stinks, when I'm being a jerk, when something Im working on is not up to par. It keeps you grounded and honest. Having YES people around is the most damaging thing an artist or anyone can have.

No.
You failed to mention that having people telling you everything always sucks is the most damaging thing.

Some people claim to support the band and want them to succeed. They got a funny way of showing it by putting down most of the things the band has done. Until a few years later, it was pretty good.
"I miss this, I miss that". Yeah, why not just enjoy what you have when you got it instead of reminiscing about it years later?

That's the point.

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2015, 09:00:34 AM »

No.
You failed to mention that having people telling you everything always sucks is the most damaging thing.

Some people claim to support the band and want them to succeed. They got a funny way of showing it by putting down most of the things the band has done. Until a few years later, it was pretty good.
"I miss this, I miss that". Yeah, why not just enjoy what you have when you got it instead of reminiscing about it years later?

That's the point.

/jarmo

So, in essence, just accept what you're getting...because that's all you're going to get, and no amount of whining (objective or not) will change anything. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2015, 09:02:15 AM »

So, in essence, just accept what you're getting...because that's all you're going to get, and no amount of whining (objective or not) will change anything. 

But who seriously thinks otherwise?

If Axl went by what people wanted, or what the fans said dictated the direction he takes, he'd still be playing with Slash and Duff, would he not?

One of the more suspect talking points, that one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2015, 09:20:06 AM »

But who seriously thinks otherwise?

If Axl went by what people wanted, or what the fans said dictated the direction he takes, he'd still be playing with Slash and Duff, would he not?

One of the more suspect talking points, that one.

Axl wanted to have Duff in the band always.

Duff left....   So I don't get your point here..

It does sound though that Duff is throwing out feelers though and would be happy to come back full time....  Just a feeling I am getting
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2015, 09:27:55 AM »

It does sound though that Duff is throwing out feelers though and would be happy to come back full time....  Just a feeling I am getting

What I am saying is that it totally ridiculous to suggest the "whiners" are doing so under any delusion they are going to affect change.

It's usually borne out of a thinned skin approach to any band criticism.  Some don't think such things should ever be uttered.  I don't agree with that, but if that's what you think, that's what you think.  If you feel being a good little fan means you only say something is awesome or, at worst, "its not for me to say", so be it.

But to go as far as to say anyone that ever questions anything is doing so under the premise they are demands that must be met, or else?  That's just not reality.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2015, 09:31:46 AM »

What I am saying is that it totally ridiculous to suggest the "whiners" are doing so under any delusion they are going to affect change.

It's usually borne out of a thinned skin approach to any band criticism.  Some don't think such things should ever be uttered.  I don't agree with that, but if that's what you think, that's what you think.  If you feel being a good little fan means you only say something is awesome or, at worst, "its not for me to say", so be it.

But to go as far as to say anyone that ever questions anything is doing so under the premise they are demands that must be met, or else?  That's just not reality.

hahaha

Now you should know I don't think that

You are just looking for a reaction from jarmo with that....

Really don't see too many people around here with -5 Karma...   haha   I miss a few of them
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2015, 09:33:08 AM »

Did you read the posts? He made an analogy to football fans wanting new managers, new players, results and so on. So I asked him if he thought his whining would have any effect on the band. No answer on that one.

I know the whining is more a personal outlet. Gotta stay objective!
Anyway, what's the endgame if it's not change these people want? What is it supposed to achieve? Smiley

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2015, 09:43:09 AM »

Well it cannot be working for too many others either! You yourself only reply in order to defend perceived slights against Axl. This act always creates another lengthy argument. Then there is another poster who is on your side of the debate, who I will not name, who merely re-pastes the same ''you are a whiney toxic moron'' post. Nice and 'positive' it all is. Then you have the people in the middle who are lethargic and rarely post. Then the so called 'whiners'. That does not leave many others! Again, where are your puppy dogs and rainbows?

And before you start doing the whole heavy-handed ''my site, my rules'' straw man stuff, this is merely an observation.

I know your definition of a fan is basically somebody who enjoys the music and likes to whine about shit they didn't get.

No it isn't. This would not even apply to most of the bands I like. The Stones, another band I like, had a flawless career until the mid 70s. Since then there have been many turds, with a few gems glittering. Does not make me any less interested or any less a fan. 

So I asked him if he thought his whining would have any effect on the band. No answer on that one.

I cannot even remember you asking me that but my answer to that would be, no. If I was in their shoes I would take it as water off a duck's back. They were all fans of bands once, Ron and Kiss, Axl and Queen. I am sure they had criticisms of their favourite bands also. As I said, this is how normal rock fans act.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2015, 09:43:34 AM »

You are just looking for a reaction from jarmo with that....

No, that would apply to anyone who said that.  Its just not real world.

No one that ever questioned anything did so under the belief they should be running the band or should be consulted on all band moves.  Its a silly premise.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2015, 09:45:13 AM »

Did you read the posts? He made an analogy to football fans wanting new managers, new players, results and so on. So I asked him if he thought his whining would have any effect on the band. No answer on that one.

If you think your team reached big time on a draft pick and you say so, its not because you are implying you should have been in their draft room calling the shots for the team.  Or in the future, you, the fan at home, should be consulted on all team business.

That's absurd.  And its no different with a rock band.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #315 on: May 18, 2015, 09:56:00 AM »

Well it cannot be working for too many others either! You yourself only reply in order to defend perceived slights against Axl. This act always creates another lengthy argument. Then there is another poster who is on your side of the debate, who I will not name, who merely re-pastes the same ''you are a whiney toxic moron'' post. Nice and 'positive' it all is. Then you have the people in the middle who are lethargic and rarely post. Then the so called 'whiners'. That does not leave many others! Again, where are your puppy dogs and rainbows?

And before you start doing the whole heavy-handed ''my site, my rules'' straw man stuff, this is merely an observation.

I know your definition of a fan is basically somebody who enjoys the music and likes to whine about shit they didn't get.

No it isn't. This would not even apply to most of the bands I like. The Stones, another band I like, had a flawless career until the mid 70s. Since then there have been many turds, with a few gems glittering. Does not make me any less interested or any less a fan. 

So I asked him if he thought his whining would have any effect on the band. No answer on that one.

I cannot even remember you asking me that but my answer to that would be, no. If I was in their shoes I would take it as water off a duck's back. They were all fans of bands once, Ron and Kiss, Axl and Queen. I am sure they had criticisms of their favourite bands also. As I said, this is how normal rock fans act.

I am not  lethargic at all......

And I am huge Stones fan as well.  I do not agree with your description of there discovery however.  The Stones in the early mid 90s where very, very, very good.  I saw them live twice.  Voodoo Lounge is a very good album.  The shows they put on where great.    Its what guns should of been after years of nothing, with the release of CD
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #316 on: May 18, 2015, 10:01:08 AM »

And I am huge Stones fan as well.  I do not agree with your description of there discovery however.  The Stones in the early mid 90s where very, very, very good.  I saw them live twice.  Voodoo Lounge is a very good album.  The shows they put on where great.    Its what guns should of been after years of nothing, with the release of CD

Very much agreed.  And I love 'Voodoo Lounge' as an album.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #317 on: May 18, 2015, 10:04:22 AM »

It's working quite well thank you.
I'm glad you know what I only reply to. Shows how much you know. Smiley

The difference is, I'm constructive. You're not.

I hope you use all your free time to focus on those turds as you put it.
So you don't seem too much of a fan!

The question is, do they focus on it or do they focus on what they like.....
With you, it's easy to tell what you've chosen to spend your free time on. Whine.

That's absurd.  And its no different with a rock band.

Since you keep pointing out how wrong I am all the fucking time. Why don't you just answer and enlighten me?
What's your personal hopes regarding your negative feedback? What are you achieving or hoping to achieve with it? Please tell me because I'm interested in hearing it. Smiley

The same goes for mortis and anybody else who thinks it's their lives missions to go on a GN'R fan site to point out how much the band has done wrong. All the Festivus every day of the year people. Let me know. Thanks.

I'm giving you an opportunity to explain your side here. Let's see how interested you are.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:05:57 AM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2015, 10:21:32 AM »

Since you keep pointing out how wrong I am all the fucking time. Why don't you just answer and enlighten me?
What's your personal hopes regarding your negative feedback? What are you achieving or hoping to achieve with it? Please tell me because I'm interested in hearing it. Smiley

The same goes for mortis and anybody else who thinks it's their lives missions to go on a GN'R fan site to point out how much the band has done wrong. All the Festivus every day of the year people. Let me know. Thanks.

I'm giving you an opportunity to explain your side here. Let's see how interested you are.

I come here to talk to other GNR fans about the band we all like.

Who else even cares about any of this stuff?  Guns N' Roses is not exactly a hot button topic in 2015.  You have to seek out people who even give a damn.  And that is fellow fans.

We discuss what happens, or has happened.  There is no goal other than to have a conversation about band events.  That goes for when you want to say something good or bad.  You just talk about what happens and what all we think.  From there, there is give and take amongst similarly interested parties.

Frankly, from what I see, all the heat comes from trying to massage and correct the record, as some see it.  A lot of "how dare you" has derailed many a thread.

And what does it ever accomplish?  If you want to talk futility, I'd start there. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2015, 10:34:15 AM »

Great. You want to have a discussion. I thought it was kinda obvious that you'd be interested in some kind of discussion if you go to a fan site's message board.
But anyway...

So, how come you're often ignoring questions and just keep repeating the same things over and over?
Are you aware that by repeating the same "negative feedback", people might have read it already and are aware of your opinion?

And what do you want to achieve with this discussion? That's the core.
Because it's apparent that you've got very little interest in learning anything new. You know what you know, and nothing else matters. So, if your interest is discussion, but you show little or no interest in taking in information, especially the kind that goes against your already formed opinion, what are you hoping to achieve besides the discussion itself. The discussion is the tool, what is the result?

I'd say many fans who go fan sites to have discussions with like minded people from all over the world. Share their excitement and so on without having to deal with all those people who don't like the band.
So imagine when people show up telling everybody they're huge fans but they just can't seem to focus on anything else besides pointing out all the things that are wrong.

Correct the record. Is that a problem? Why is it such an "issue" that a fan site would take the band's site instead of the rest of the world's? That part is a bit unclear to me.
I don't go to the home team's end if I support the away team.

Why does it seem to bother you that people who like the band would actually defend the band?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: