Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:23:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 117177 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #380 on: May 19, 2015, 02:02:50 PM »

It's not so much about creating a name for yourself in real life, but there's definitely quite a lot of people who seek some sort of confirmation from like minded, and then they feed off each other.

Correct. It's not "crazy talk".
No matter what some will try to make us believe.

Some are simply fueled by this need for attention.

But it does make you wonder, if you're inclined to constantly post faults with a band, is that also true to other things in your life?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #381 on: May 19, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »

It's not so much about creating a name for yourself in real life, but there's definitely quite a lot of people who seek some sort of confirmation from like minded, and then they feed off each other.

Correct. It's not "crazy talk".
No matter what some will try to make us believe.

Some are simply fueled by this need for attention.

But it does make you wonder, if you're inclined to constantly post faults with a band, is that also true to other things in your life?

/jarmo

But that's where I think you tend to go to the other extreme.  I don't think anyone here "constantly post faults" with the band?  Do some people here post about faults more often than you would like?  Absolutely...but even the most negative Karma point award winners have had positive things to say about the current lineup.

But then, when they do post positive things, it's usually met with a "you're just saying that so you can then spew more negativity" so then they go back to being negative, which is usually met with "why don't you be more positive."  And the vicious cycle continues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #382 on: May 19, 2015, 02:16:15 PM »

But then, when they do post positive things, it's usually met with a "you're just saying that so you can then spew more negativity" so then they go back to being negative, which is usually met with "why don't you be more positive."  And the vicious cycle continues...

Yeah, that's a real kick in the ass.  How do you combat that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #383 on: May 19, 2015, 02:57:45 PM »

So we've heard from almost everyone.  Slash says never say never, Duff agrees with him.

So does Gilby Clarke:

http://www.gaterrocks.com/onair/andy-preston-4515/gilby-clarke-talks-guns-n-roses-13589791/

And Steven Adler is more than on board:

@10:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saVWyOQ1-Y4

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #384 on: May 19, 2015, 03:05:59 PM »

So we've heard from almost everyone.  Slash says never say never, Duff agrees with him.

So does Gilby Clarke:

http://www.gaterrocks.com/onair/andy-preston-4515/gilby-clarke-talks-guns-n-roses-13589791/

And Steven Adler is more than on board:

@10:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saVWyOQ1-Y4

If they ever actually decided to do this, how do you think they figure out who breaks the news to Steven he's out?

Draw straws?  Rock-Paper-Scissors?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #385 on: May 19, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »

If they ever actually decided to do this, how do you think they figure out who breaks the news to Steven he's out?

Draw straws?  Rock-Paper-Scissors?

They've already worked that out. Cheesy

STEVEN ADLER: MATT SORUM Wouldn't Take Part In GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Unless I Was Involved

During an appearance on the March 2 edition of Eddie Trunk's SiriusXM satellite radio show, "Eddie Trunk Live", original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler was about how he would feel about a hypothetical reunion of the classic GN'R lineup which would include Matt Sorum on drums instead of him.

"Matt wouldn't do it," Adler insisted. "I see Matt practically every Monday night, and we talked about it. He wouldn't do it unless I was a part of it. And I said, 'Well, dude, I would do it without you.' And he said, 'But you're the original guy. You're the sound of GN'R. I'm not. So it's different.' And I said, 'If I did it, if Axl [Rose, vocals] wanted to play the '[Use Your] Illusion' songs, I would have you right next to me. You come up and I'll either take the throne or sit where I sit.'? Sort of like [the way we did it] at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame [induction in 2012]. They didn't show that part on TV, I don't think, but [Matt] played 'Brownstone', and then I came up and played 'Sweet Child' and 'Paradise City'."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-matt-sorum-wouldnt-take-part-in-guns-n-roses-reunion-unless-i-was-involved/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #386 on: May 19, 2015, 03:12:47 PM »

Oh, man.  Poor Steven.

So na?ve.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #387 on: May 19, 2015, 03:30:01 PM »

But that's where I think you tend to go to the other extreme.  I don't think anyone here "constantly post faults" with the band?  Do some people here post about faults more often than you would like?  Absolutely...but even the most negative Karma point award winners have had positive things to say about the current lineup.

Look at a poster like mortismurphy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #388 on: May 19, 2015, 03:43:32 PM »

Oh, man.  Poor Steven.

So na?ve.

I hope Steven is allowed in on the fun if this ever happens ... Even if he only plays a couple songs per show ....

I would seriously fear for his well being if they shut him out.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #389 on: May 19, 2015, 03:43:59 PM »

Look at a poster like mortismurphy.

/jarmo

He's really in his own league.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #390 on: May 19, 2015, 03:46:35 PM »

I hope Steven is allowed in on the fun if this ever happens ... Even if he only plays a couple songs per show ....

I would seriously fear for his well being if they shut him out.

You wouldn't have similar fears if they included him?

I can't think of a worse scenario that putting some money in his pocket and taking him out on the road.

I would think it only a matter of time.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #391 on: May 19, 2015, 03:52:50 PM »

It wouldn't be high on my list of concerns ... If he fucks up Matt is there anyway.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #392 on: May 19, 2015, 03:56:33 PM »

It wouldn't be high on my list of concerns ... If he fucks up Matt is there anyway.

Honestly, I think Matt is the better drummer anyway.  95% of my call would be based on that.

But, yeah, the other 5% would be that I think he relapses in a big way.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #393 on: May 19, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »

If it were to happen, should be all or nothing.
Anything less than Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven would be a sham.
I?d be more than fine with Matt tagging along as well, but if Steven is still breathing, not including him would be cruel.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #394 on: May 19, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »

I?d be more than fine with Matt tagging along as well, but if Steven is still breathing, not including him would be cruel.

I'm with you ... I'd like to see the five , but I still want to see matt and dizzy do their thing.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #395 on: May 19, 2015, 04:05:41 PM »

Can Steven even play the UYI songs?  I'm not being flippant, this is a serious question.

If there were to be a reunion tour, I would want the UYI material in there too.  Not just AFD with YCBM and 'Patience' sprinkled in.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #396 on: May 19, 2015, 04:06:13 PM »

I'm with you ... I'd like to see the five , but I still want to see matt and dizzy do their thing.

Yeah, ideally the classic 5 would play AFD, Lies material. Swap Sorum for Adler, add Dizzy into the mix for the Illusion stuff.
Maybe a Gilby appearance for some TSI stuff, or Wild Horses jam..
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #397 on: May 19, 2015, 04:09:30 PM »

Can Steven even play the UYI songs?  I'm not being flippant, this is a serious question.

If there were to be a reunion tour, I would want the UYI material in there too.  Not just AFD with YCBM and 'Patience' sprinkled in.

I would think yes, as he demoed the majority of them. Probably had a hand in the majority of their existence.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to catch Sorum playing YCBM again. Just think it would be beyond a dick move to have a reunion w/o Adler.

To be honest, I think they've waited too long, it's too late. But, if it were to happen, gotta be all in. No room or reason to half ass it.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2015, 04:12:34 PM »

AJjaJAJajJA, amazing topic,,, fantasy For some ExMembers

hihi hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #399 on: May 19, 2015, 04:35:50 PM »

I think it's high risk either way with Steven.

If he's not included, that's basically his dream coming through with him standing on the sideline watching. I fear that could send him further into the darkness than he's ever been before.

If he's included, and he spins out of control and they have to let him go ? again... that's a nightmare he'll have to live all over. That's a liability risk for the rest of the guys as well as they are all clean now and they would handle such a situation much better than last time. Such a situation would consume a lot of their time.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: