Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:28:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 117547 times)
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #460 on: May 20, 2015, 12:55:42 PM »

A stadium tour charging 500-1000?!?!?!?   Hahahahahahahaha. I don't think so

If there was a reunion

Tickets would be slightly more than recent guns shows.   I would say 25% more.  So say average ticket price 125-150

Difference would be.  The places they are playing...   Would be sold out!!!!

Yeah, a stadium tour would actually reduce ticket price, due to more seats.  Which is why when the Stones did that tour in 2002 or so for '40 Licks', the one where they played clubs, arena and stadiums, the price differences were stark.  $300 for the stadium, but $600 for the arena.

The average ticket price would likely work out to $150, but that's also by virtue of the $75 nosebleeds being offset by the $450 for the floor.

And yes, the biggest difference would be the amount of tickets moved.  Actually, scratch that.  The biggest difference would be actual promotion and attention from someone other than us.
You are so naive if you think that promoter would reduce prices for this gig. They would fill their boots and some, knowing that this could be a once in lifetime pay-day. Try getting tickets for the top shows and see how many end up on re-seller sites at inflated prices. My girl was quoted ?689 for a pair of Madonna tickets, that she tried getting the second they went on sale via ticket-master (each having a ?70 face value) They weren't even great seats....
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #461 on: May 20, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »

A stadium tour charging 500-1000?!?!?!?   Hahahahahahahaha. I don't think so

If there was a reunion

Tickets would be slightly more than recent guns shows.   I would say 25% more.  So say average ticket price 125-150

Difference would be.  The places they are playing...   Would be sold out!!!!

Yeah, a stadium tour would actually reduce ticket price, due to more seats.  Which is why when the Stones did that tour in 2002 or so for '40 Licks', the one where they played clubs, arena and stadiums, the price differences were stark.  $300 for the stadium, but $600 for the arena.

The average ticket price would likely work out to $150, but that's also by virtue of the $75 nosebleeds being offset by the $450 for the floor.

And yes, the biggest difference would be the amount of tickets moved.  Actually, scratch that.  The biggest difference would be actual promotion and attention from someone other than us.
You are so naive if you think that promoter would reduce prices for this gig. They would fill their boots and some, knowing that this could be a once in lifetime pay-day. Try getting tickets for the top shows and see how many end up on re-seller sites at inflated prices. My girl was quoted ?689 for a pair of Madonna tickets, that she tried getting the second they went on sale via ticket-master (each having a ?70 face value) They weren't even great seats....

I don't think there is anything naive at all at thinking if a band is to play to large crowds the average ticket cost will be lower than if the band played to smaller shows.   It's common sense

So if guns has a reunion and plays a huge headling show to say 100 000 the ticket cost would be much lower than if they played a private show for 10 people....

So the average ticket cost will be less when they play stadiums and more if they play arenas.   

And I am saying there average ticket price will be roughly 25 percent more.   But they will be playing to sold out shows.   It would be a huge pay day

But to think the average ticket price will be marked up almost 500-1000%  is just crazy.

I am using the average current ticket price of 100 right now.   And you are thinking the price will go up to 1000!!!!!!!!   Never
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #462 on: May 20, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »

People aren't going to pay $1,000 to see Guns N' Roses in 2015 or later.  That's crazy time.

If you could teleport people to 1988 or 1991, maybe.  But, of course, some of that cost will be to pay for the time travel.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #463 on: May 20, 2015, 02:11:51 PM »

From Duff McKagan:

You did an interview for a mini-documentary by Guns ?N Roses biographer Marc Canter, who wants to reunite the band?

I didn?t, that?s the [thing]. I saw it. My manager sent it to me. That interview, I?m like, ?What the hell?s that from?? It?s from a while ago, and I don?t know what the interview?s from. And Marc?s a dear friend, but he didn?t ask me if he could use that piece. (Laughs.) So there?s a little like, ?Dude, I don?t know where that?I?m wearing a Von Dutch hat, so that?s gotta be like 2007? ? So I don?t know. I don?t know what he?s doing, to be honest.

People picked up on Canter making the point of being the man who can make it happen, and that all it would take to reunite Axl Rose and Slash is getting them back in the dinky rehearsal space where they started.

Yeah. (Laughs.)  I have no comment on that. That came out of left field for me. My manager sent me the link and I looked at it like, ?What the hell?? Little weird. But Marc is a good guy. He?s been around forever, and if that?s what he thinks, it?s his thing.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6568226/duff-mckagan-how-to-be-a-man-and-other-illusions-book-fatherhood-guns-n-roses

May 19, 2015

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #464 on: May 20, 2015, 02:20:15 PM »

I think Canter comes off pretty creepy, to be honest.  I get a 'Single White Female' vibe from that dude.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #465 on: May 20, 2015, 02:26:23 PM »

I paid upwards of $200 for Van Halen tickets, and the seats weren't even that good. It was at Mohegan Sun, where tickets are typically more expensive, and while the show was good I don't think it was worth it. I vowed to never pay that much again for tickets. But I would make an exception for a GNR show with Axl, Slash, Duff, etc. $500 would be a bit outrageous. That I'd have to think about, but I think they'd be less than that.

They'd get $500 out of me without much of a problem.  At least for the first time.

I would rationalize it that I never thought it would happen.  And that given the combustible dynamic, it might be the only time I have the chance.

Now, if it went off without a hitch, and they were back on the road again 3 years later?  Then I'm not sure I'm going for $500.

(but I probably am, who am I kidding?)
That was part of my regret for coughing up $200 for the CT show. I had already seen them on the first leg of the tour in Boston for $80, I believe. I like Van Halen, and it was great to see Dave and Eddie on stage together. But it wasn't worth seeing twice for nearly $300. Once was enough for me.

Guns would obviously be a different situation. I too, never thought I'd get the chance to see Axl and Slash share a stage again. So If that were to happen, I probably wouldn't flinch at an exorbitant price. At least once. I did go to Cleveland to see GNR get inducted to the RRHOF, though I didn't expect the unexpected that night. Luckily I got the tickets for face value online before they sold out. So since it was SO EASY for me to get tickets, it furthered by belief that I wouldn't get to see history. I'm not THAT lucky.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #466 on: May 20, 2015, 03:16:27 PM »

Just curious, what have the ticket prices been for new-GNR shows at any time, 2000s-present?

this is all a pipe dream.  Axl is more likely than not going to come out and crush all this with one sentence.  So I hope people aren't getting too carried away here.

We were getting carried away at the beginning of this thread. I pointed that out 15 pages ago.  You're right -- Axl will (and already has long ago) crush all 24 pages (and counting) of this thread by saying "not happening".
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:19:19 PM by Bridge » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #467 on: May 20, 2015, 04:04:47 PM »

Just curious, what have the ticket prices been for new-GNR shows at any time, 2000s-present?

this is all a pipe dream.  Axl is more likely than not going to come out and crush all this with one sentence.  So I hope people aren't getting too carried away here.

We were getting carried away at the beginning of this thread. I pointed that out 15 pages ago.  You're right -- Axl will (and already has long ago) crush all 24 pages (and counting) of this thread by saying "not happening".

All the shows I have seen post 2000 have all been within the 100 dollar range.   Give or take.....
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #468 on: May 20, 2015, 06:03:30 PM »

I think Canter comes off pretty creepy, to be honest.  I get a 'Single White Female' vibe from that dude.

It's.... I don't know where to place him. He seems like a nice enough guy, but I get more and more of a feeling that he's out there for attention. He's the guy who will reunite GNR... yeah right.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:15:00 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #469 on: May 20, 2015, 07:11:35 PM »

Eventually, he re-emerges and gets asked this question.  And his response?

"What?  Is that a serious question?"

And we all drop our heads like Charlie Brown.

But, know what?  The next bit of downtime, and the slightest hint it might happen...we'll do it all again.

We need help.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #470 on: May 20, 2015, 07:46:30 PM »

All smoke and no fire?
It's possible that Slash's ex-wife Perla being out of the picture now, has somehow changed the status between Axl and Slash.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #471 on: May 20, 2015, 11:02:59 PM »

And very strange we have been allowed to talk freely about this once forbidden topic..........
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #472 on: May 21, 2015, 08:05:24 AM »

And very strange we have been allowed to talk freely about this once forbidden topic..........

I agree. I feel that this wouldve been shut down or moved once upon a time.
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #473 on: May 21, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »

Agreed, the HTGTH regime would had closed this down by now!  Cheesy
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #474 on: May 21, 2015, 10:33:45 AM »

Yeah, but what else is there to talk about?

It sort of speaks volumes that this is the most newsworthy event to happen in the GNRverse in 2015, but that's where we are now.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #475 on: May 21, 2015, 10:45:31 AM »

Faith No More reunion is the best example of what a reunion must be, but the guys are all good friends, so that's way easier for them I suppose.

I don't want a reunion without new music, I don't see the point. If the guys wants to do a LP together, I'll buy it, because I'm curious how it will
sound. and I don't want a reunion without any of the Appetite crue, can't see the point if Steven or Izzy is not there.

that said, I would prefer Duff & Slash rejoining, if DJ or/and Tommy left. with new music of course (which means after CDII)

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #476 on: May 21, 2015, 10:58:11 AM »

Yeah, but what else is there to talk about?

It sort of speaks volumes that this is the most newsworthy event to happen in the GNRverse in 2015, but that's where we are now.

It has been said many times that this place would rather be quiet, than speak of such things....

So this is a change
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #477 on: May 21, 2015, 11:47:38 AM »

Everyone it seems is ignoring the elephant in the room... no

Just supposing, the reunion happened, one date or one tour, then what? Ever one lived happily ever after.... Nu Guns would be finished, and I think that would also mean that the reunited band would have to revisit the recording process, in which at least 2 of the 3 key members have publicly have dismissed as not wanting to go there again.  So  unless Axl changes his methodology in the writing and recording process, and there is no evidence to show that he has, in wanting the Golden egg laying goose, demand has just killed it.

The minute there is any sort of reunion, the new band is finished. 

Axl is no dummy.  He knows this.  People aren't going to see Axl play with DJ Ashba because its their first choice.  Its because its, quite literally, that or nothing.

Once you give the people the option they'd prefer?  You can't go back.

I don't see any sort of recording process for a reunited band.  I think its tour only.  So I don't think worrying about that part of this is time well spent.

Of course, talking about this at all is probably not time well spent, I suppose.  Longest of longshots.

Not to mention it probably would end up like KISS, where Peter and Ace left again. Revenge was amazing!!! Carnival of Souls was pretty good for not being a finished album. And then we got a reunion tour where they only played their songs up til about 1978/1979. Then Psycho Circus. Now they are still in make up and have Eric Singer back (though wearing Peter's make up, but that's a different topic), and a new guy dressed as Ace.

I'll be honest, I'd be ecstatic if Guns reunited and I'd do my hardest to be there for some shows. I'll admit that I don't know shit about the band, their personal lives, how they feel etc, outside the interviews I have read. But like someone or some people have already pointed out, Axl is going to be Axl. He isn't going to change. And rightfully so, I'd rather Axl give us himself at 100% then a 50% Axl going through the motions and faking it. But if it pissed them off back in 93/94, don't you think it'll piss them off again? And for just being a tour act? You can rule Izzy out on that one. Again, I don't know him personally and just because his birthday is a day after mine doesn't mean we have a psychic connection, I get that. But all the interviews I"ve read from Duff, Slash, and even Axl, all say that Izzy doesn't want the spotlight life. He'd rather be in his remote home, racing cars and bikes and doing his own shit. So if everyone left again, who knows if Tommy, DJ, Richard, and all them would come back. "He replaced us once after X amount of years..."

I"m more then happy with the current band, and I can't wait to hear new music and to go see them live again. Been way too long and my Appetite for Democracy Blu Ray is gonna get pissed at me soon. I'd much rather Axl concentrate on those then on a reunion that would be a huge climax but I don't think would be sustained.

But, Axl knows best what he should do and I'll trust that he will make the right/best decision.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #478 on: May 21, 2015, 12:10:25 PM »

It is completely up in the air right now...no way to tell what direction Axl is going to steer the ship or who will be involved. It is really as simple as that.  Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #479 on: May 21, 2015, 01:01:28 PM »

It is completely up in the air right now...no way to tell what direction Axl is going to steer the ship or who will be involved. It is really as simple as that.  Undecided

You're right: it's almost impossible to tell what's next for the band but it's gonna be good because Axl knows his shit !! He built the band and brought it back from the dead !! He's a born frontman and I trust him 100 % !!  beer
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: