Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:39:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 67599 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #320 on: July 24, 2015, 01:40:28 PM »

Here's a little tip, I know how to use the report button.  ok

In all the years I've posted here I've never used that.  What does that get you? hihi

It's sort of like preparation-H, it can make a chronic pain in your ass disappear  hihi

Then I get the feeling that button is getting some use today. Tongue

No, actually I've only used it once. Not recently at all Smiley

I didn't mean by you. Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #321 on: July 24, 2015, 01:42:20 PM »

It is a fact that GNR is on hiatus, I really don't know and don't particularly care what "other groups" do, nor do I see how it is remotely related to how GNR operates.

If you think GNR does "glorified tribute tours" simply because they play some of their hits at a show, well that is what the casual fan buying tickets wants to hear, and that is who is catered to- not some internet nerdy kid that likes to complain about shows they dont attend.

Name a well known band that doesn't play their hits, lame observation and argument.

Of course all bands play their hits... the problem here is they have been touring the world off and on since 2002 to promote an album with 14 songs that was released in 2008. They don't have much choice but to play hits from the 90's along with covers. 22 years, 14 original songs (16 if you want to count Oh my God and Silk Worms which have been played a handful of times in 2001)...

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #322 on: July 24, 2015, 01:43:20 PM »

this is some funny shit right here.....

Contacted by journalists, Azoff's lawyer joked about the breadth of Rose's accusations. "He didn't accuse Irving of being on the grassy knoll in Dallas on November 22, 1963?" he told the Hollywood Reporter. However, there are wider implications to Rose's lawsuit. Guns N' Roses' lawyers have dragged the Ticketmaster/Live Nation merger into the proceedings, pointing to Azoff as evidence of the companies' anti-competitive practices. The deal, which is still under consideration in the UK, was approved by the US justice department under certain regulatory provisions.

You gotta admit....it is all an interesting story.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #323 on: July 24, 2015, 01:45:13 PM »

Coma....17 songs we have heard in some form....14 on the album, Oh My God, Silkworms, and Going Down.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #324 on: July 24, 2015, 01:51:01 PM »

Because it is an accurate description of the behavior I am describing. 

I think the chances are precisely zero that anyone I'm talking about is going to find fault with any new direction Axl takes.  He likes it, they like it.  He hates it, they hate it.  He says, oops...my bad and now I have to go 180 degrees on something...I'll be damned, so do they.

That's falling in line.

EXACTLY! How many people here who wouldn't have cared about the show at all watched seasons worth of Dexter because of what Axl named his cat...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #325 on: July 24, 2015, 01:53:30 PM »

Coma....17 songs we have heard in some form....14 on the album, Oh My God, Silkworms, and Going Down.

Only thing I find strange is that there has never been an as yet unheard song played on tour since the album came out.

They did it all the time leading up to the album.  Presumably, because the guys on stage had more interest in something they wrote and worked on if the alternative was to play another version of 'Out Ta Get Me'.

I didn't really think it all that probable during the initial touring once the album came out.  But after the break, and in the residencies, I did sort of think we might here something new from the Magical Mystery Vault.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #326 on: July 24, 2015, 02:02:51 PM »

I will play along.....I think that CD was clearly the leak album and the leaks may have been done by "management" on purpose. Multiple people have heard multiple other songs so we know they are out there. However, somebody has put the lock down on everything post Chinese. Yep, the Magical Mystery Vault is there...just a bit beyond the average folks grasp.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #327 on: July 24, 2015, 02:04:59 PM »

what I mean is that everything that leaked sans Silkworms and Atlas were on the album....imagine how many tracklists went through Ax's head over a span of 10 years...talking 1998 to 2008.  Shocked

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #328 on: July 24, 2015, 02:05:32 PM »

I will play along.....I think that CD was clearly the leak album and the leaks may have been done by "management" on purpose. Multiple people have heard multiple other songs so we know they are out there. However, somebody has put the lock down on everything post Chinese. Yep, the Magical Mystery Vault is there...just a bit beyond the average folks grasp.

And this..."somebody" that put the lock down on, does that extend to telling the band what they can and cannot play onstage?

In your opinion, is there anything stopping the band in 2012, 2013 or 2014 from playing an as yet unheard song that they wrote and worked on?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #329 on: July 24, 2015, 02:09:30 PM »

Going Down was on setlists but *if I were to guess* Team Brazil, Axl and the label made a collective decision to avoid any new songs. Think about it, sales will be limited anyway due to the industry changes so you got to hold your cards tight to make sure you can squeeze out a few more curiousity sales....just my two.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #330 on: July 24, 2015, 02:11:07 PM »

Going Down was on setlists but *if I were to guess* Team Brazil, Axl and the label made a collective decision to avoid any new songs. Think about it, sales will be limited anyway due to the industry changes so you got to hold your cards tight to make sure you can squeeze out a few more curiousity sales....just my two.

Could well be, I agree.

I think that is a pretty snappy tune, personally.  I hope it comes out officially one day, because I think its a solid song.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #331 on: July 24, 2015, 02:34:17 PM »

Seeing as someone else mentioned 'Team Brazil'... That has to be considered a bit in any 'challenges' the band faces with the label or with internal communication.

I will use the Boston Red Sox as an example. They have a very young and inexperienced General Manager (responsible for talent evaluation and acquisition) they have a very hands on ownership with less 'day to day' baseball experience than their very young GM. They have one of if not the highest payroll in the league this year and are consistently at the top of spend in league year after year. In the last 3 years they have finished dead last twice with a nearly 200 million dollar per year payroll. Their management structure and approach are hurting their team on the field.

Now I actually am huge fans of team Brazil. I have met Fernando in person and regularly spoke with him back in the ancient times of AOL instant messenger, I met his sister once outside of the Hammerstein Ballroom in 2006 (and if we are being totally honest I would give my left leg for 5 minutes alone with her  Wink )... however they have no background in this field. Fernando was selling t-shirts 6 years ago at paintball conventions and actively playing in a MMORPG, his mother started as Axl's girlfriends house keeper... But this isn't their fault... go back to 'the new bands' management early on... Merck was a disaster. The manager of what was one of the biggest bands on the planet heading into their first shows since a failed 2002 tour was getting in online arguments here and via email with darknemus (an old school poster here) over what cell phone he could carry into the show and how he could use it... Who argues with a 30 year old fan of the band from Florida on an unofficial message board when you should be dealing with the day to day operations of the band? This has been and continues to be the biggest challenge for this band. Maybe the label won't be so hard to deal with if you have someone who knows how to deal with them.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:37:27 PM by C0ma » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #332 on: July 24, 2015, 03:37:13 PM »

Seeing as someone else mentioned 'Team Brazil'... That has to be considered a bit in any 'challenges' the band faces with the label or with internal communication.

I will use the Boston Red Sox as an example. They have a very young and inexperienced General Manager (responsible for talent evaluation and acquisition) they have a very hands on ownership with less 'day to day' baseball experience than their very young GM. They have one of if not the highest payroll in the league this year and are consistently at the top of spend in league year after year. In the last 3 years they have finished dead last twice with a nearly 200 million dollar per year payroll. Their management structure and approach are hurting their team on the field.

Now I actually am huge fans of team Brazil. I have met Fernando in person and regularly spoke with him back in the ancient times of AOL instant messenger, I met his sister once outside of the Hammerstein Ballroom in 2006 (and if we are being totally honest I would give my left leg for 5 minutes alone with her  Wink )... however they have no background in this field. Fernando was selling t-shirts 6 years ago at paintball conventions and actively playing in a MMORPG, his mother started as Axl's girlfriends house keeper... But this isn't their fault... go back to 'the new bands' management early on... Merck was a disaster. The manager of what was one of the biggest bands on the planet heading into their first shows since a failed 2002 tour was getting in online arguments here and via email with darknemus (an old school poster here) over what cell phone he could carry into the show and how he could use it... Who argues with a 30 year old fan of the band from Florida on an unofficial message board when you should be dealing with the day to day operations of the band? This has been and continues to be the biggest challenge for this band. Maybe the label won't be so hard to deal with if you have someone who knows how to deal with them.

But... ForEver AXL Is The Boss,,, 80's, 90's, 2000's Eras !!!

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #333 on: July 24, 2015, 07:29:11 PM »

Coma...it is a concern of how Team Brazil can navigate extremely shark infested waters. But, honestly, without their support, I don't think we would have ever got Chinese. Axl is human like all of us. In the end, if you actually do care, you would want him to be a happy person...wake up smiling whether you win or lose...internal  peace....the key to life no matter what profession you are in.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #334 on: July 24, 2015, 07:33:36 PM »

Here's a little tip, I know how to use the report button.  ok

In all the years I've posted here I've never used that.  What does that get you? hihi

It's sort of like preparation-H, it can make a chronic pain in your ass disappear  hihi

Then I get the feeling that button is getting some use today. Tongue

No, actually I've only used it once. Not recently at all Smiley

I didn't mean by you. Wink

Guess you probably need to be more specific there. I reserve the report button for incidents that truly violate the rules, not because I don't like someone or because their ideas dont align with mine.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #335 on: July 24, 2015, 07:40:05 PM »

It is a fact that GNR is on hiatus, I really don't know and don't particularly care what "other groups" do, nor do I see how it is remotely related to how GNR operates.

If you think GNR does "glorified tribute tours" simply because they play some of their hits at a show, well that is what the casual fan buying tickets wants to hear, and that is who is catered to- not some internet nerdy kid that likes to complain about shows they dont attend.

Name a well known band that doesn't play their hits, lame observation and argument.

Of course all bands play their hits... the problem here is they have been touring the world off and on since 2002 to promote an album with 14 songs that was released in 2008. They don't have much choice but to play hits from the 90's along with covers. 22 years, 14 original songs (16 if you want to count Oh my God and Silk Worms which have been played a handful of times in 2001)...

How is that a problem to GNR? There is no shortage of people buying tickets, there is no problem touring and putting on shows.

The casual fan that goes to a show wants to hear the hits. That is who the show is for, the actual ticket buyers and attendees, not some nerd on an internet forum that likes to complain and erroneously thinks he knows anything about the music business.

All bands play their hits on tour, it isn't some new concept.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #336 on: July 24, 2015, 07:49:31 PM »

Who are these people you speak of, that "are going to look silly"? Names?

Anyone extremely over the top about their alleged Slash hate. 

Which, coincidentally I'm sure, seemed to spring up about the same time Axl's did.  And if Axl were to actually mend that fence, not one person that spent the past however many years spewing invective would keep it up.  Axl says its OK to like him again, so they like him again.

It would not be their finest hour.

Why do you feel the need to use the term "fall in line" ?

I think the chances are precisely zero that anyone I'm talking about is going to find fault with any new direction Axl takes.  He likes it, they like it.  He hates it, they hate it.  He says, oops...my bad and now I have to go 180 degrees on something...I'll be damned, so do they.

That's falling in line.

And why do you refer to the classic lineup as "the real band"?
I've seen multiple lineups and own all the albums. Every ticket said Guns N' Roses and so did every Album and DVD.

I'm sure they did.  But to anyone except us, its GNR in name only.  That's why I say that.

I have no problems or complaints with Axl using the name, replacing personnel every few years, or whatever else he still wants to do and call it all Guns N' Roses.  Its all fine by me.  I can make my own distinctions about what is real and what is not.

But the general population of the planet Earth do not share that view.  And even though I can roll with all this nonsense, I'm not going to get my back up and start stamping my feet shaking my fist at the sky when someone else tells me this isn't Guns N' Roses.  To them, the classic band is the real band.  I'll never change that.

Its unrealistic to expect the rest of the world to adapt our own pattern of excuses, rationalizations, suspect logic and selective conclusions.  I would feel silly making some of the arguments we make to each other around here out in the real world because I'm not blind to how ridiculous they sound to most folks.

No, the term "fall in line" is not accurate to anyone but you and your biased perceptions.

Unlike you, I don't attempt to speak for the general population, I think you confuse the general population with the trolls that inhabit internet forums, which are in reality a very small part of the entire fanbase.

I'm certainly no fan of the way Slash manipulated the press for years, in his efforts to demonize one member as being somehow responsible for the breakup, fact is he quit. GNR existed before Slash and exists after him. But, if in some imaginary world apologies were given, and accepted then who am I to resent him playing in some percieved reunion?

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #337 on: July 24, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »

Unlike you, I don't attempt to speak for the general population, I think you confuse the general population with the trolls that inhabit internet forums, which are in reality a very small part of the entire fanbase.

Oh no, I mean people out there.  In gen pop.

People other than us.  Not just here, on any GNR forum.  I'm not talking about any of them.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #338 on: July 24, 2015, 08:30:58 PM »

Oh no, I mean people out there.  In gen pop.

People other than us.  Not just here, on any GNR forum.  I'm not talking about any of them.

All the people, casual fans that I have encountered at shows and leaving shows seemed very happy with the show presented, as I said- that is who the shows are geared to, the majority of fans that attend actual shows are not present on forums, and forums represent a very small fraction of the entire fanbase in actuality.

Not altogether sure of what the general perception is, I'm sure there are a range of views. The industry has changed, but so have the fans and the Album buying, Concert attending public.

I continue to read how there is an increasing tendency to not even listen to complete albums anymore.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #339 on: July 24, 2015, 08:34:54 PM »

That's falling in line.

EXACTLY! How many people here who wouldn't have cared about the show at all watched seasons worth of Dexter because of what Axl named his cat...

So you are saying the success of the Dexter series is directly attributable to the fact that Axl named his cat Dexter?

How about the books, those too?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:36:56 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: