Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:03:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227982 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy: I Had To Walk Away And Take Care Of My Stuff, Hopes Axl/Slash Mend Fences
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy: I Had To Walk Away And Take Care Of My Stuff, Hopes Axl/Slash Mend Fences  (Read 37988 times)
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2015, 10:54:00 PM »

I think that tonight is an important night as far as getting the feel for where things are.  Hollywood Vampires are playing the Roxy.  You know Matt and Duff will be there.  Slash collaborated on the album, if he's in town i'm sure he'll jump up there.  And this is exactly the type of event where Axl would jump on stage and do a cover or two.  This is purely speculation but if indeed they are considering a reunion this is the kind of show that might give that a jump start.  That said, i agree that a full fledged reunion would be a long shot.  I think its more likely that you might see them play some group shows like this than record an album, tour etc.
[/quote]

As awesome as that would be, I can't imagine the first time that those 2 shared a stage after all this time would be a show at the Roxy.  Now, hanging out at the show but not playing could maybe work to just tease everybody more and build hype if they want to do that.

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2015, 01:49:44 AM »

Tommy's just saying he had a good time with Westerberg doing the old songs and thinks Axl, Slash and Duff would have a good time as well.

Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2015, 03:59:32 AM »

I was willing to accept Axl getting out there.. .touring with his no name troopers and swapping line ups for a bit... whilst gritting my teeth and wishing for Slash/Duff.. Izzy matt or steven to come back one day... but i smiled.. bought my ticket... and yes i actually had a good time. However... i never considered any natural evolution of guns was actually taking place because we have one album in 20 years.. multiple line up changes and years of inactivity in between all this... it wasnt like axl was delivering album after album every year.. or every second year.. or every 5 years even... its just been one long wait for not very much... thats life... ive got one.. and it doesnt affect my day to day existance.. but as a fan... and this is my opinion.. there has been no natural evolution.

Now... if you talk to others... they will say im wrong. Fair enough... everyone is entitled to an opinion... and with Guns.. everyones got one.

But i think we have reached a point (just my opinion).. that Axl and guns have reached where the general public (the ones who still care).. 90% of them would say... we want the REAL guns and roses to come back.. finish with a tour and end it on the highest possible note. Now if Axl puts a hybrid line up together and its him/duff and slash from the originals.. i suppose for a lot of people that would be good enough.. im a romantic.. and id like to see the full set. Thats just me... i think Axl owes it to himself.. and the fans personally to go out on top in the best possible way. If he did a hybrid line up.. that wouldnt be going out on top as well as finishing with the guys he started with.

So yes... it would just be another case of.. look.. we will take what we can get... ive even said it myself.. if Axl is finished.. and doesnt want to do this anymore.. could he please release some pro shot footage of the shows he did during the UYI tour... for me.. that would be worth more than another round of touring in places i cant get too with players i dont give a shit about.

but thats just me.

I would sort of agree with what you are saying. I have watched pretty much every iteration of this band (minus Tracii Guns)... I have enjoyed every line up, some more than others, but I have never walked out of an club, theater, pavilion, arena, or stadium asking 'WTF was that??"

HOWEVER, if you replaced any 'modern' member with a single 'classic' member I would be a little happier. I think that happiness level increased the closer we get to an AFD/UYI lineup. I am happy with anything in-between but I would be lying if I didn't say I have a bias towards the version I fell in love with.

Id still pay my way and buy a ticket to see slash and duff on stage with axl again if thats the closest we get to a reunion, dont get me wrong.. but it wouldnt quite be complete in my eyes.  Smiley

But "it's a studio, it says it on the door! It's official studio!" Wink  (Replace 'studio' with 'Guns n Roses)

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2015, 06:50:58 AM »

Guns would hardly be the first band to get back together after one or more band members said it would never happen.

Nargle and fargle them!? Reminds me of a show that used to scare the shit out of me as a kid called fraggle rock. Creepy underground world and creatures, I never got any rest once I entertained the idea of them actually existing!

OK...I can stand for a lot of things..but Fraggle Rock bashing? NO WAY!! Smiley

I loved (well, love..I still watch the old shows with my kids) Fraggle Rock. It was awesome!  I can't imagine finding it creepy in any way.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2015, 07:06:13 AM »

Its becoming clearer now that something is happening,the new band is all but done and somewhere in the murky future i see  press conferance and a table,a top hat and a bandana or two..

Utmost respect to Tommy not just for this,but everything in the last 17 years but hey he has his own stuff and at the end of the day that,not a band is what matters.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2015, 07:34:52 AM »

I think that tonight is an important night as far as getting the feel for where things are.  Hollywood Vampires are playing the Roxy.  You know Matt and Duff will be there.  Slash collaborated on the album, if he's in town i'm sure he'll jump up there.  And this is exactly the type of event where Axl would jump on stage and do a cover or two.  This is purely speculation but if indeed they are considering a reunion this is the kind of show that might give that a jump start.  That said, i agree that a full fledged reunion would be a long shot.  I think its more likely that you might see them play some group shows like this than record an album, tour etc.

As awesome as that would be, I can't imagine the first time that those 2 shared a stage after all this time would be a show at the Roxy.  Now, hanging out at the show but not playing could maybe work to just tease everybody more and build hype if they want to do that.
[/quote]

They already played together (Duff and Slash) recently at a charity event:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-duff-mckagan-reunite/

Together again,
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2015, 08:59:48 AM »

They already played together (Duff and Slash) recently at a charity event:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-duff-mckagan-reunite/
[/quote]

Sorry, pilferk, I wasn't very clear in my post.  I was talking about Axl and Slash, not Duff and Slash. 

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2015, 09:00:13 AM »

Re: Fraggle Rock - I have very vague memories of seeing this as a very young child - certainly didn't have that in mind when I made my profile!

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »

Sorry, pilferk, I wasn't very clear in my post.  I was talking about Axl and Slash, not Duff and Slash. 

Gotcha!

Together again,
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2015, 10:50:06 AM »

In regards to what Tommy said about wanting a GNR reunion, I hope he knows his misconceptions and fantasies along with his misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate Axl's actions.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2015, 11:25:05 AM »

In regards to what Tommy said about wanting a GNR reunion, I hope he knows his misconceptions and fantasies along with his misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate Axl's actions.

haha well done .. made me laugh anyway

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2015, 12:17:58 PM »

Guns would hardly be the first band to get back together after one or more band members said it would never happen.

Nargle and fargle them!? Reminds me of a show that used to scare the shit out of me as a kid called fraggle rock. Creepy underground world and creatures, I never got any rest once I entertained the idea of them actually existing!

OK...I can stand for a lot of things..but Fraggle Rock bashing? NO WAY!! Smiley

I loved (well, love..I still watch the old shows with my kids) Fraggle Rock. It was awesome!  I can't imagine finding it creepy in any way.....

I loved me some Fraggle Rock as well.

But looking back.  Where they not kinda bullies?   They would eat those poor Dozzers bridges and roads all the time!!!   Mean muppets haha
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »

Hahahaha

Nice.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2015, 01:05:11 PM »

Haha...nice one, indeed.  He should wait for an official announcement.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2015, 01:09:13 PM »

Maynard from Tool on entitlement issues as well.....apparently him and Axl met up in Arizona.  hihi

"And that's what life is, assholes! It's change, it's chaos ? it's not what you expect and what you think you deserve. Your entitlement isn't relevant at the Grand Canyon. It just isn't. "

So, last question... what's up with the new Tool record?
I write lyrics and melodies to music. If I don't have music, I can't.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tools-maynard-james-keenan-on-climate-change-ac-dc-puscifers-new-lp-20150914#ixzz3m154womw
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2015, 01:50:09 PM »

I am curious, can the original lin up play cd stuff? If the original members reunited, would they have to drop the cd stuff or would they keep playing some of it?

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2015, 01:57:02 PM »

OK...I can stand for a lot of things..but Fraggle Rock bashing? NO WAY!! :

Haha! I was proba ly much younger than you when I saw it! It made me paranoid about places that I couldn't see. I simply could not handle the idea of worlds within worlds at that age.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2015, 02:34:10 PM »

I am curious, can the original lin up play cd stuff? If the original members reunited, would they have to drop the cd stuff or would they keep playing some of it?

I don't see why not.  Duff seemed to handled the CD songs last year.  The CD songs that are the farthest from the classic GnR sound (Schacklers, Riad, ITW) they haven't played live in a while.  Others, like CD, TWAT, TIL, and Better I think they could play with ease. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2015, 02:47:38 PM »

Tommy's just saying he had a good time with Westerberg doing the old songs and thinks Axl, Slash and Duff would have a good time as well.

I agree.  If you listen to the entire interview he says reuniting with The Replacements was very emotional for him, and a great experience.

"There is a reward that comes with that I had that with the Mats stuff...it's a good thing, it's a good thing to do once in a while."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2015, 02:55:50 PM »

OK...I can stand for a lot of things..but Fraggle Rock bashing? NO WAY!! :

Haha! I was proba ly much younger than you when I saw it! It made me paranoid about places that I couldn't see. I simply could not handle the idea of worlds within worlds at that age.

We used to get high and watch Fraggle Rock, freaky show- almost as bad as Sid and Marty Kroft program Reruns like H.R. Puffinstuff.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: