Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:37:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy: I Had To Walk Away And Take Care Of My Stuff, Hopes Axl/Slash Mend Fences
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy: I Had To Walk Away And Take Care Of My Stuff, Hopes Axl/Slash Mend Fences  (Read 37995 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »

When is it a solo act? When Axl says so.

If Axl went solo, and went on tour billed as Axl Rose only, with no mention of anybody else. Then you could start posting about it being a solo act...
But, if it was billed as the Axl Rose Band, then....

Just because a band has a person who's more recognized, and has written more songs, than the other members, doesn't mean it's a solo act.

/jarmo

I can respect that opinion...

I think the prospect of guitarists #10 and #11 in the history of this band worries me a little.

1. Izzy 2. Slash 3. Gilby 4. Paul 5. Robin 6. Bucket 7. Richard 8. Ron 9. DJ 10. ? 11. ?

I get that Axl and Axl only has say in what something is called, named, or labeled... but at some point the history and legacy of this band meant something for you to have created, improved, and maintained this site for nearly 2 decades. I also know you have had 'unique' access to all members of the band since the mid 2000 time frame so your relationship and view of these line up iterations is different than mine (which I can respect) but at some point the sheer number of guitar players becomes a Spinal Tap Drummer like parody. I don't want to come off like a purely 'original' GnR reunionist, but I do feel like the band NEEDS Robin or Slash in the lead spot, and it NEEDS Tommy or Duff on bass. To fully reshuffle the deck (while it is 100% Axl's prerogative to decide) hurts the legacy of this band which in the 90's was on target to be continually spoken about in the same breath as The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and Aerosmith... now we are crossing our fingers and driving traffic to websites hoping the beat Motley Crue in a who's better live March Madness rip-off.

I get that this can be taken as hating... but it is the polar opposite. I get that it is my own selfish feelings (and totally irrational), but I want more for them (Axl).

I agree with Coma. Its not all hating. Its because we love the band that we want what is best for them. So sometimes constructive criticism might be beneficial.

The problem is how many fans actually want what is best for GNR, and not just best for them personally-as a fan. GNRs are well able to decide what is in their best interest without any "constructive criticism" unsolicited amateur advice.

That can be seen as ''your opinion''. After just one album of released material. in more than 20 years I could argue, that they have a hard time deciding what is in their best interest, and I don't think voicing my opinion on that is really ''hating''.  Especially when Axl, and other members have said that there would be more material, I think he told Kurt Loder on the VMA's tha they planned to released  Chidem I, II and III with a 1 year gap between them, or so,  that never happened.  Maybe Chidem II is right around the corner, but if it comes out in 2016, its 8 years after the first one. Chidem III in 2024 ? That just sounds wrong, and no, it doesnt sound like it would be in their best interest, and saying such things, that I find obvious is not amateur advice. Its more like common sense in plain observation.

Plans change and life happens, that's a fact. There is no hard and fast rule about how often an artist releases albums.

GNR is more than capable of making decisions for GNR- you can decide to accept that or choose to whine about it on a message board- makes no difference in the final outcome.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2015, 05:22:20 PM »

So do you believe that any of the guys besides Axl have any say in the following:
-When and where they as GN'R tour
-When any albums(s) are to be released
-What parts they are to play on the album(s)

Any say?

Just because Axl is the leader doesn't mean he won't listen to anybody else's opinion(s).
Don't be silly.

Do you think in the Rolling Stones, Mick tells Keith "We're going to play at this stadium on this date and you're going to play this and that song" and that's how it goes?

You think Keith says no? Do you really think he is the one who handles all the business in that band? Of course not.

So wait, you're talking about two individuals here. So that makes them a band? Two people make a band?

Does the bass player have a say in any of this? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2015, 06:38:06 PM »

The bass player doesn't have a say anymore. 

But the drummer does

Let's go Charlie!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2015, 06:58:41 PM »

If Axl went solo, and went on tour billed as Axl Rose only, with no mention of anybody else. Then you could start posting about it being a solo act...

Just because a band has a person who's more recognized, and has written more songs, than the other members, doesn't mean it's a solo act.

/jarmo

I think the prospect of guitarists #10 and #11 in the history of this band worries me a little.

1. Izzy 2. Slash 3. Gilby 4. Paul 5. Robin 6. Bucket 7. Richard 8. Ron 9. DJ 10. ? 11. ?

I get that Axl and Axl only has say in what something is called, named, or labeled... but at some point the history and legacy of this band meant something for you to have created, improved, and maintained this site for nearly 2 decades. I also know you have had 'unique' access to all members of the band since the mid 2000 time frame so your relationship and view of these line up iterations is different than mine (which I can respect) but at some point the sheer number of guitar players becomes a Spinal Tap Drummer like parody. I don't want to come off like a purely 'original' GnR reunionist, but I do feel like the band NEEDS Robin or Slash in the lead spot, and it NEEDS Tommy or Duff on bass. To fully reshuffle the deck (while it is 100% Axl's prerogative to decide) hurts the legacy of this band which in the 90's was on target to be continually spoken about in the same breath as The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and Aerosmith... now we are crossing our fingers and driving traffic to websites hoping the beat Motley Crue in a who's better live March Madness rip-off.

I get that this can be taken as hating... but it is the polar opposite. I get that it is my own selfish feelings (and totally irrational), but I want more for them (Axl).

I agree with Coma. Its not all hating. Its because we love the band that we want what is best for them. So sometimes constructive criticism might be beneficial.

The problem is how many fans actually want what is best for GNR, and not just best for them personally-as a fan. GNRs are well able to decide what is in their best interest without any "constructive criticism" unsolicited amateur advice.

That can be seen as ''your opinion''. After just one album of released material. in more than 20 years I could argue, that they have a hard time deciding what is in their best interest, and I don't think voicing my opinion on that is really ''hating''.  Especially when Axl, and other members have said that there would be more material, I think he told Kurt Loder on the VMA's tha they planned to released  Chidem I, II and III with a 1 year gap between them, or so,  that never happened.  Maybe Chidem II is right around the corner, but if it comes out in 2016, its 8 years after the first one. Chidem III in 2024 ? That just sounds wrong, and no, it doesnt sound like it would be in their best interest, and saying such things, that I find obvious is not amateur advice. Its more like common sense in plain observation.

Plans change and life happens, that's a fact. There is no hard and fast rule about how often an artist releases albums.

GNR is more than capable of making decisions for GNR- you can decide to accept that or choose to whine about it on a message board- makes no difference in the final outcome.

Im not whining. Im just observing.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2015, 07:32:17 PM »

/jarmo

Cool, don't overlook the fact that there was a live DVD-Blu-ray released last year  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2015, 10:59:06 PM »

Am i the only person who doesnt want a hybrid line up?

I just hope axl is only considering these guys... duff, slash, Izzy, Dizzy, Matt/Steven, and at a push Gilby if Izzy isnt interested or available and if he wants a proper"reunion"

Slash coming back on his own isnt a "Reunion" in the traditional sense. It needs to be more than that.

Gilby is no more relevant than Richard.  If we are picking and choosing, Izzy would be #1; however, Fortus would be 2.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2015, 11:21:35 PM »

In my opinion Richards playing is way better than Gilbys and he has way more energy and presence on stage.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2015, 04:22:50 AM »

Studio-band vs liveband. Tongue

Do you think in the Rolling Stones, Mick tells Keith "We're going to play at this stadium on this date and you're going to play this and that song" and that's how it goes?

?rjan Stedjeberg (HOEST) in Taake does. Legally it is not a solo-act and it is also socially recognised as band.

Obviously you're entitled to define a band however you want, but whats the point? Bashing the current gnr (axl's ip) and his management team brazil?

Do any of them have any legal say in what goes on with 'Guns N' Roses'?

Is a reunited GNR (under same circumstances) a more 'real band'?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:30:01 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2015, 11:39:31 AM »

/jarmo

Cool, don't overlook the fact that there was a live DVD-Blu-ray released last year  Kiss

The only difference between that and youtube is the quality. And I even think ROckAm 2006 is a far better performance from the band.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2015, 01:16:27 PM »

/jarmo

The only difference between that and youtube is the quality. And I even think ROckAm 2006 is a far better performance from the band.

Super, opinions vary.

I was talking about Appetite 4 Democracy in the context of being a new DVD/Blu-ray release just last year.

"Shut the fuck up."
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2015, 02:43:39 PM »

/jarmo

Super, opinions vary.

I was talking about Appetite 4 Democracy in the context of being a new DVD/Blu-ray release just last year.

Emily, is there anything Axl Rose has done since 1996 that you've disagreed with?
Is there anything Axl Rose could ever conceivably do wrong in your book?
Do you really care who he has in his group, honestly? Why say you like "Guns N' Roses", when Guns N' Roses at this point is just who Axl arbitarily decides is under contract. Why not just say 'I love Axl Rose'? I've never seen anything from you demonstrating any real love for the pre-1996 Guns N' Roses.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2015, 03:17:37 PM »

Don't forget Tracii Guns!

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »

/jarmo

Super, opinions vary.

Emily, is there anything Axl Rose has done since 1996 that you've disagreed with?
Is there anything Axl Rose could ever conceivably do wrong in your book?
Do you really care who he has in his group, honestly? Why say you like "Guns N' Roses", when Guns N' Roses at this point is just who Axl arbitarily decides is under contract. Why not just say 'I love Axl Rose'? I've never seen anything from you demonstrating any real love for the pre-1996 Guns N' Roses.

You are very wrong, as usual- the first time I saw GNR it was very pre-1996 and that lineup was special, but I'm not so closed-minded to discount the other lineups- I have seen many, many great GNR shows over the years.

Guess I'm cognizant of the fact that unsolicited amateur advice isn't particularly helpful or needed and GNR is better able to decide what is best for GNR rather than some internet nerdy emo obsessed with hairlines.

I'm a positive, supportive fan- why is that a bad thing? That is why I post on a fan forum.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:45:29 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2015, 06:13:13 PM »

"The perception I have of what Axl's doing at the moment is that he's basically making a solo album but retaining the GN'R name so that he can get at the major contractual advance that's waiting at Geffen for a new Guns N' Roses-titled record. I can't give you the exact figure but I will tell you it's in the multi-million-dollar range. This renegotiation was effected just before I was fired." (Alan Niven, Icon Magazine, 10/97)

This.

Axl's solo band using the name through legal force.

You think anyone with an IQ over 15 is gonna believe its GNR after 96?........ (you know how the rest goes... smoking)

It is GNR whether you like it or not, you aren't entitled to your own facts.

It is not a solo act, It's Guns N' Roses.

Still fighting the good fight i see.  Cheesy
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2015, 06:34:19 PM »

"The perception I have of what Axl's doing at the moment is that he's basically making a solo album but retaining the GN'R name so that he can get at the major contractual advance that's waiting at Geffen for a new Guns N' Roses-titled record. I can't give you the exact figure but I will tell you it's in the multi-million-dollar range. This renegotiation was effected just before I was fired." (Alan Niven, Icon Magazine, 10/97)

This.

You think anyone with an IQ over 15 is gonna believe its GNR after 96?........ (you know how the rest goes... smoking)

Not a fight, it's a fact.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2015, 06:39:00 PM »

This.

If you say so Emily. If you say so.  Smiley

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2015, 08:59:57 PM »

This.

If you say so Emily. If you say so.  Smiley

It isn't simply because I say so, It is a fact that isn't open for debate.

It is GNR whether you like it, or whether you don't -that is non-negotiable.

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2015, 09:04:56 PM »

Don't forget Tracii Guns!

He was in Guns N Roses for less than 3 months... I will forget him. If you piece together info from articles etc... be played 2 or 3 shows in that timeframe. I think Fred Coury and Don Henley have played as many shows. Should they be counted as members?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2015, 10:05:19 PM »

This.

So do you believe that any of the guys besides Axl have any say in the following:
-When and where they as GN'R tour
-When any albums(s) are to be released
-What parts they are to play on the album(s)

Do any of them have any legal say in what goes on with 'Guns N' Roses'? Do any of them besides Axl take part in any major decisions? Can any of them be fired at will by Axl, and Axl alone at any time? Who decides who is a member of 'Guns N' Roses' or not besides Axl and Team Brazil?

If John Lennon quit The Beatles in 1969, George Harrison quit in 1970, and Ringo was fired in 1971 and Paul got legal ownership of The Beatles name and decided to tour with Mick Taylor, Peter Greene and Keith Moon as The Beatles, would it still have been The Beatles to you?

Who cares if it was or wasn't the Beatles to ME.  If they were still called the Beatles, then they would be the Beatles!  100 years into the future, The Beatles would be remembered for EVERYTHING they put out, regardless of who was in the band.

100 years from now, the GNR catalogue will have Chinese Democracy in it.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2015, 11:04:26 AM »

This.

Solo Album Of AXL Sound Very Good:

- Axl In Piano
- Axl In Lyrics
- Axl In Vocals
- Axl In Mixing
- Axl In Drums
- Axl In Chorus
- Axl In Guitars
- Axl In Contracts
- Axl In Production