Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do we as Guns N Roses fans have it that bad?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do we as Guns N Roses fans have it that bad?  (Read 18760 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2015, 08:46:56 AM »

Haha, keep on telling yourself whatever you need to.

You are wrong in most of your posts. Cheesy

This isn't really an answer, I'm afraid.

By your rationale, Skid Row and Great White are alive and well here in the U.S.  How are they not?  They are both still around, which, you tell me is all that's needed to confirm viability.

This is the pitfall about getting your back up about a subjective figurative argument.  Then trying to refute it with a concrete literal one.  You find yourself in the unenviable position of having to defend some pretty ridiculous arguments that use your same flawed premise.

Emotion can get the better you sometime, I realize.  But you always want to try and think a few steps ahead about what you fire back with in response to your feelings being hurt.

Otherwise, your only play is to duck any hard questions about an argument you yourself put forth, and just respond with "You're so wrong, LOLZ".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2015, 09:04:13 AM »

No disrespect to those bands, but they were never in the same league as GNR.

Not even a little bit.  But by Emily's "logic", they are alive and well.

That's all this is about.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2015, 09:05:03 AM »

Haha, keep on telling yourself whatever you need to.

You are wrong in most of your posts. Cheesy

This isn't really an answer, I'm afraid.

By your rationale, Skid Row and Great White are alive and well here in the U.S.  How are they not?  They are both still around, which, you tell me is all that's needed to confirm viability.

This is the pitfall about getting your back up about a subjective figurative argument.  Then trying to refute it with a concrete literal one.  You find yourself in the unenviable position of having to defend some pretty ridiculous arguments that use your same flawed premise.

Emotion can get the better you sometime, I realize.  But you always want to try and think a few steps ahead about what you fire back with in response to your feelings being hurt.

Otherwise, your only play is to duck any hard questions about an argument you yourself put forth, and just respond with "You're so wrong, LOLZ".

You and Cherry Garcia can go into depth discussing his idiot bait.

There are No "hard questions" presented here.

I'm sure you can operate Google and check out the definition of Dead.

GNR is not Dead- period. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2015, 09:05:57 AM »

No disrespect to those bands, but they were never in the same league as GNR.

Not even a little bit.  But by Emily's "logic", they are alive and well.

That's all this is about.

Wrong, not my fault you have comprehension issues.

This isn't "about" anything and I won't even discuss this asanine premise, this is just you grasping at yet another attempt to try and paint GNR in some negative light and try to appear clever in the process.

GNR isn't "dead"-- period. Non-negotiable point.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:13:08 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2015, 09:09:54 AM »

Well, I'm not really going to go 12 rounds with someone lacking the courage to defend their own argument, even given 2 cracks to do so.

Perhaps if you go see The Wizard, we can revisit.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2015, 09:14:35 AM »

Well, I'm not really going to go 12 rounds with someone lacking the courage to defend their own argument, even given 2 cracks to do so.

It doesn't take courage to tell an idiot their point isn't valid. Cheesy

Ridiculous.

You go "visit the wizard" and ask for some new material.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:16:08 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2015, 09:18:23 AM »

This isn't "about" anything and I won't even discuss this asanine premise, this is just you grasping at yet another attempt to try and paint GNR in some negative light and try to appear clever in the process.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, here it is.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2015, 09:21:17 AM »

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, here it is.

Maybe you and Cherry Garcia can have some deep and meaningful dialogue about his bait.

GNR is not Dead, stupid premise.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2015, 09:22:50 AM »

Maybe you and Cherry Garcia can have some deep and meaningful dialogue about his bait.

Yeah, maybe.  Would still like to bring you in for a consult though.

You be around later?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2015, 09:28:54 AM »

Yeah, maybe.  Would still like to bring you in for a consult though.

You be around later?

Not for that convo, unless I have a lobotomy between now and then.

"Shut the fuck up."
Annie
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2015, 09:37:26 AM »

Elphaba here. There is no need to defend an argument when somebody is stating facts. Oh you probably don't know that Elphaba is the green girl from WICKED and she is a hell of a lot more powerful than The Wizard.
GNR is not dead. Only a great band like GNR could garner so much attention just based on rumor and speculation.
The GNR legacy is so much more than a name.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2015, 09:42:28 AM »

Elphaba here. There is no need to defend an argument when somebody is stating facts. Oh you probably don't know that Elphaba is the green girl from WICKED and she is a hell of a lot more powerful than The Wizard.

Hahahaha

You are correct, I did not know that.

GNR is not dead. Only a great band like GNR could garner so much attention just based on rumor and speculation.

Not sure I'd go quite to this extreme.  If Robert Plant finally gave in and agreed to do a Led Zep tour, it would be the biggest thing going.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2015, 09:44:30 AM »

Hahahaha

You are correct, I did not know that.

Not sure I'd go quite to this extreme.  If Robert Plant finally gave in and agreed to do a Led Zep tour, it would be the biggest thing going.

Would definitely be up for a Zep reunion tour anywhere at any price.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2015, 09:47:19 AM »

Would definitely be up for a Zep reunion tour anywhere at any price.

Same here.  Same everywhere, I assume.

That's a true blue stadium tour, even here in the U.S.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »

How about an Appetite lineup co headlining tour with Plant/Page and Jones?

Think that would sell some seats?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2015, 11:10:46 AM »

So, GN'R is dead and a failure. What does that make Skid Row or any bands that don't have their last albums go platinum, headline festivals or generate headlines worldwide as soon as something happens (or in some case, doesn't)?
Trying to follow the logic here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2015, 12:32:39 PM »

I?m not sure if these responses are to my post or someone else?s, but when I said GN?R was dead by ?94, I basically meant artistically.
Self inflicted. They essentially went into hiding, and were out of sight out of mind. Although popular music started drastically deteriorating in the mid to late nineties, there was still enough going on in ?93,?94 to fill the void, to an extent, of new GN?R material( not necessarily for us, but for most people).

Had they managed to hash out their differences and released new material, I have no doubt they would have found continued success.

But obviously that didn?t happen.
They went their own ways, and fans reluctantly moved on.

Chinese Democracy was highly anticipated for many reasons.
Being billed as a Guns N? Roses record, despite the overhaul in personnel, obviously being the biggest.
The hype was in large part built on the backs of members long gone.
"Guns N? Roses" was coming out of hiding.

Personnel means a great deal to a lot of fans, whether they know the players? by name or not.
It?s a rarity to find them as disposable as some do on this board.

Axl Rose obviously has his share of fans, but an Axl solo record, or new project by Axl and everyone you?ve never heard of doesn?t generate a fraction of the hype that Chinese Democracy did without the GN?R moniker.
Not many, outside of maybe their mothers were on the edge of their seats anticipating the synth work of Chris Pitman, or guitar of Robin Finck.

An album billed as the long awaited return of Guns N? Roses is pretty good bait for the casual fan.
I?m sure there are plenty of people that enjoyed what they heard, though I have yet to meet any of them.

Guns N? Roses is a huge name. Has been since AFD broke. There?s no un ringing that bell.
So while GN?R are far removed from their prime, Axl?s past success he achieved with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven as Guns N? Roses still affords him the luxury of considerable fan interest in what he does moving forward.

Axl could hire a bunch of barn yard animals to round out the band and it?ll still create a buzz due to the GN?R moniker.
Tupac for instance has released 7 platinum records from the cozy confines of 6 feet underground.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2015, 01:06:31 PM »

Your assumption seems to be based on the false notion that nobody cares about Axl Rose.

Obviously people were interested in hearing/seeing what Axl had produced and how it would sound. Are you kidding me? After all those silent years.
No matter if you call it GN'R or not. Not saying anything about whether or not the GN'R name helped or didn't.

Just pointing out that some of you have such a hard time admitting the fact that Axl Rose is still interesting to a lot of people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2015, 01:29:29 PM »

Your assumption seems to be based on the false notion that nobody cares about Axl Rose.

Obviously people were interested in hearing/seeing what Axl had produced and how it would sound. Are you kidding me? After all those silent years.
No matter if you call it GN'R or not. Not saying anything about whether or not the GN'R name helped or didn't.

Just pointing out that some of you have such a hard time admitting the fact that Axl Rose is still interesting to a lot of people.

/jarmo

No, I am not saying that.
Obviously people are very interested in Axl Rose. That?s not even up for debate.

Most people just happen to be more interested in Axl Rose when he is associated with Slash and the rest of the AFD-UYI alumni.
People whom are deeply embedded in the GN?R name.

That?s not a knock, it?s just reality.

People are interested in Slash, but more so when associated with Axl.

This is not exclusive to GN?R by any means.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2015, 01:42:25 PM »

Most people just happen to be more interested in Axl Rose when he is associated with Slash and the rest of the AFD-UYI alumni.
People whom are deeply embedded in the GN?R name.

That's why the reunion talk has existed for the last 20 years.

I don't know if I'd say they're more interested in Axl when he's associated with Slash, maybe GN'R.

It's a bit tricky to explain. Axl and GN'R are closely associated since day one of the band's history. People associate one with the other.
But, even when GN'R isn't doing anything, people still have a fascination with Axl and an interest in him. Yes, it's because he's in GN'R and because everything that band has achieved.

Look at everything that's been written about him between now and the day Slash quit. It's a lot. They didn't stop just because those two weren't in the same band anymore.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: