Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 03:14:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do we as Guns N Roses fans have it that bad?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do we as Guns N Roses fans have it that bad?  (Read 18754 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2015, 10:54:32 AM »

I?ve yet to meet anybody in person who was into what Axl has been up to post Spaghetti Incident.
It was like pulling teeth convincing my, at the time, avid concert going, fans of Guns N? Roses friends to check out GN?R in Worcester in ?06.

They weren?t/aren't upset about Axl continuing on without 4/5 of the Guns N? Roses they grew up on.
Axl plus a bunch of people they had never heard of simply didn?t appeal to them.

Some people here seem to view Guns N? Roses as Axl Rose, plus whomever Axl Rose feels like playing with at any given time.
That?s all well and good, and technically they aren?t wrong as Axl owns the rights to the name, and can stamp it on anything he pleases, but it?s simply not how the majority of fans see it.

In my experience, GN?R in the states was dead by ?94.
Many fans, myself included, will still pay to see Guns N? Roses live because they are fans of Axl Rose.
None of my friends left the DCU in Worcester that night in ?06 feeling like they just witnessed a GN?R concert.
Some were more impressed than others, but for the most part were entertained by the performance of Axl Rose.
They got to see Axl Rose, but they didn?t get to scratch seeing Guns N? Roses live off of their bucket list.

So I wouldn?t say we have it bad.
I think the majority of fans, at least in my experience, would be that we have some of rock n? rolls last great albums, and post ?93, nothing more.

I?m the only one of my circle still interested in the happenings of current day GN?R, and it's probably more of a morbid curiosity at this point than anything else.

Wouldn't change a word of this.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »

nah I'd say the people who have followed the history of the band have a little more than a clue...

Not really.
Because you can spin anything.

If you have followed the band, you know how it operates. Yet some of those people keep posting about how they don't like it.
Yeah, we get it. Your complaint wasn't original in 1992 and it isn't original in 2015.... But anyway...

Are you saying us unintelligent Americans are the only people who like Creed?  Smiley

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying humans with bad taste liked that band. Wink Kidding!

I'm not trying to make this into a "my country VS your country" thing like some already tried.
One country doesn't necessarily have a better taste than another. Just because hard rock music is more popular somewhere else doesn't mean it's because they're happy to "just see Axl".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2015, 10:57:05 AM »

You know, if you weren't so god damn eager, and just collected your thoughts before you made the post, I wouldn't have to keep going back to check on these clever addendums you couldn't come up with the first time.

But, lest I be accused of ignoring you, I'm content to see how the next U.S. tour with a non-traditional line-up plays out.  Believe I said that at the time as well.

Poor you. Sometimes I see there's two more posts making silly remarks that I didn't notice when I started making my original post, so I add stuff to my original post instead of posting 5 different posts.

Just for you, here's another one of my posts!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2015, 10:58:44 AM »

I'll make sure to circle back in 5-10 minutes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2015, 11:01:15 AM »

Focus, I know it's hard for you to focus on more than a few discussions at once. 
I know you can do it!  ok

/jarmo

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2015, 11:52:56 PM »

bridge made some great points. ive said similar things. its your choice to follow the band. nobody makes you. they are artists. not doctors. you dont need them. placing expctations on them is silly. they are not under some contract with us. 

what this thread reminds me of is when the purpose of the stay of execution name being published was revealed. jaeball, and maybe a few others, were initially upset because axl was trying to save some dudes lives instead of giving them some kind of update. it was like, seriously guys? is an update really more importantant than trying to stop some guys from being executed?

its importantant to put things in perspective. its like the whole "a watched pot never boils" thing. except youre not even going to cook your dinner in this pot. its just some pot that music comes out of. i like pot. the end.

Do me a favor... and I mean this in the nicest way possible... please shut the fuck up and get off ur high horse... I never said anything negative towards Axl or about him "trying to save peoples lives". I was never upset about it, nor do I get upset about anything that goes on around here.

If you go back and read what i said... I thought Axl's letter war very powerful and intense... my point was at the end of the day... Axl Rose is an entertainer to me... I care about what he brings to me as a fan... not as much as his personal feelings on other walks of life outside of the entertainment industry.

Come back to the real world for a minute.

you wanna know what you actually said?

"I love Axl the singer ... As far as his personal beliefs or what he thinks about x y and z.. Not that important to me, and I doubt very important to the decision makers regarding this situation. It would be great to hear from him if it was regarding GNR . That's just me."

that response, and your attempt to defend it by emphasizing what bad men they were, spoke volumes about you. pretty fuckin selfish. and for the record, you shut the fuck up.  Cheesy

to ginger, dont you see that those topics end up being the only things we talk about? they swallow up the board. they are just not that interesting. and what is there to gain from reiterating them so many times?

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2015, 01:02:49 AM »

By the way, Creed was huge over there.  hihi

They got one (1) good song; 'wrong way'.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2015, 01:29:26 AM »

bridge made some great points. ive said similar things. its your choice to follow the band. nobody makes you. they are artists. not doctors. you dont need them. placing expctations on them is silly. they are not under some contract with us. 

what this thread reminds me of is when the purpose of the stay of execution name being published was revealed. jaeball, and maybe a few others, were initially upset because axl was trying to save some dudes lives instead of giving them some kind of update. it was like, seriously guys? is an update really more importantant than trying to stop some guys from being executed?

its importantant to put things in perspective. its like the whole "a watched pot never boils" thing. except youre not even going to cook your dinner in this pot. its just some pot that music comes out of. i like pot. the end.

Do me a favor... and I mean this in the nicest way possible... please shut the fuck up and get off ur high horse... I never said anything negative towards Axl or about him "trying to save peoples lives". I was never upset about it, nor do I get upset about anything that goes on around here.

If you go back and read what i said... I thought Axl's letter war very powerful and intense... my point was at the end of the day... Axl Rose is an entertainer to me... I care about what he brings to me as a fan... not as much as his personal feelings on other walks of life outside of the entertainment industry.

"I love Axl the singer ... As far as his personal beliefs or what he thinks about x y and z.. Not that important to me, and I doubt very important to the decision makers regarding this situation. It would be great to hear from him if it was regarding GNR . That's just me."

that response, and your attempt to defend it by emphasizing what bad men they were, spoke volumes about you. pretty fuckin selfish. and for the record, you shut the fuck up.  Cheesy

to ginger, dont you see that those topics end up being the only things we talk about? they swallow up the board. they are just not that interesting. and what is there to gain from reiterating them so many times?

Selfish ? Again ... Come back to the real world ... We are talking about the importance of one guy who sings songs

At least make sense if you are going to personally call me or anybody else out on the board ...

Actually im really disappointed in myself for even addressing this, Just kinda creepy ..

Take care of yourself ... actually I apologize for my aggressive tone... I really don't care what you think about it.. but we are clearly coming from this from different perspectives... you seem to put Axl on a pedestal or an inspirational figure... I don't do that... hes just my favorite entertainer.

I shouldn't have cursed at you.. my apologies. The posters here who continue to insult people and speak about other posters... I don't care for.. I shouldn't have done it myself.. caught me at a bad moment.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:35:29 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2015, 09:18:15 AM »

Selfish ? Again ... Come back to the real world ... We are talking about the importance of one guy who sings songs

At least make sense if you are going to personally call me or anybody else out on the board ...

Actually im really disappointed in myself for even addressing this, Just kinda creepy ..

Take care of yourself ... actually I apologize for my aggressive tone... I really don't care what you think about it.. but we are clearly coming from this from different perspectives... you seem to put Axl on a pedestal or an inspirational figure... I don't do that... hes just my favorite entertainer.

I shouldn't have cursed at you.. my apologies. The posters here who continue to insult people and speak about other posters... I don't care for.. I shouldn't have done it myself.. caught me at a bad moment.

it was rude of me to single you out like that. i didnt think about it when i initially posted. i realized it later. thanks for being the bigger man! i admire that. sorry about that!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2015, 09:36:54 AM »

but we are clearly coming from this from different perspectives... you seem to put Axl on a pedestal or an inspirational figure... I don't do that... hes just my favorite entertainer.

The genesis of a lot of disagreements around here, I find.  Just coming at things from WAY different places.

But props to you both for squashing it.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2015, 03:57:57 PM »

I remember in 1993 when i first got introduced to guns n roses when a friend of mine showed me the November Rain video. I was hooked from there on little did I know at that time that the band I was absolutely hooked on was falling apart. I remember constantly going to music stores and looking at hit parader magazine or rolling stone in hopes of getting some kind of news that my band was doing something year after year of alleged rumors nothing ever happening until 1999 i think it was when the end of days soundtrack came out and then in 2001 I was fortunate enough to finally get to see GNR live at Madison Square Garden just before that tour fell apart but i finally got to see them and while i would have loved for it to have been the original band i was extremely happy just to say i got to see GNR live i don't get caught up on who is or isn't GNR then i got to see them again at roseland ballroom in i believe it was 2012 so i have gotten to see them twice and actually got to be around when an actual album of original material came out in 2008. I don't know what the future holds for this band whether its the old guard coming back or not I want new music i don't care if its new guys or old guys who makes it as long as axl is singing because once the music hits stores or now the internet its forever out there for us to enjoy and thats why i think people want new music so bad so heres to hoping something happens when it will i have no idea.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2015, 05:28:48 PM »

Someone was saying GN'R has been "dead in the states since '94"....I disagree.
In 1993 they were selling out arenas in the U.S. In January 1995, despite being largely inactive for a year and a half, their cover of Sympathy for the Devil, which was tacked on a soundtrack, little promotion and no video, hit #55 on the Billboard Hot 100. That charted higher than the following songs:

Since I Don't Have You (peak position #69 as of March 19th, 1994)
Yesterdays (peak position #72 as of November 28th, 1992)
Nightrain (peak position #93 as of August 5th, 1989)

GN'R have had six hits break within the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100:

Sweet Child O' Mine (hit #1 on July 30th, 1988 and again on September 10th, 1988)

Welcome to the Jungle (hit #7 on December 24th 1988)

Paradise City (hit #5 on March 11th, 1989)

Patience (hit #4 on June 3rd, 1989)

Don't Cry (hit #10 on November 16th, 1991)

November Rain (hit #3 on August 29th, 1992)

November Rain was also their only hit on the Top 40 charts.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2015, 06:00:22 PM »

I guess dead bands have their albums go platinum, which is considered a failure by some.

It's all in the eye of the beholder I'm afraid.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2015, 10:04:55 PM »

In 1993 they were selling out arenas in the U.S. In January 1995, despite being largely inactive for a year and a half, their cover of Sympathy for the Devil, which was tacked on a soundtrack, little promotion and no video, hit #55 on the Billboard Hot 100.

And you think this refutes that point, in the context it was brought up?

Because the rest of that post that started out with that premise, a post that was fairly detailed as I recall, went on to talk about GNR's perception since the relaunch.  In 2001.

Do you honestly think his point was wrong because he didn't take into account they were still relevant a mere one year later?  Or that relevance is defined by a sound from a soundtrack hitting #55 on the charts, which is a whole other argument anyway?  Do you think that's where he was going with that?

Seems like a stretch.  Moreover, it seems like you are being intentionally obtuse about the point he was making.

AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2015, 10:07:00 PM »

GNR is obviously more supported in South America, it's defiantly not dead in United States

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2015, 10:09:03 PM »

GNR is obviously more supported in South America, it's defiantly not dead in United States

What is your definition of "definitely not dead"?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2015, 04:26:11 AM »

I'd define dead in this case as over, done, finis- not the dictionary definition but it's fitting.

GNR isn't dead  peace

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2015, 07:53:51 AM »

I'd define dead in this case as over, done, finis- not the dictionary definition but it's fitting.

GNR isn't dead  peace

Ah, I see.

So, by this rationale, Skid Row and Great White are both still alive and well here in the U.S.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2015, 07:58:02 AM »

GNR isn't dead  peace

Ah, I see.

So, by this rationale, Skid Row and Great White are both still alive and well here in the U.S.

Haha, keep on telling yourself whatever you need to.

You are wrong in most of your posts. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Annie
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2015, 08:42:31 AM »

GNR isn't dead  peace

Ah, I see.

No disrespect to those bands, but they were never in the same league as GNR.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: