Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:01:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it still possible for the band to tour this year?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it still possible for the band to tour this year?  (Read 8482 times)
Annie
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 12:04:40 PM »

There has been absolutley no problem with Axl's bevaviour at all . Sheesh. He doesn't have to sign anything about conditions.
Really happy to be a Night train member cuz I am sure they will do some VIP packaages for Chicago.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 12:05:08 PM »

I actually think Axl is going to do the right thing by everybody as to not fuck this up.

In fact, given the statements by Slash in the past about why he stopped performing with Axl, I imagine there is something in writing that will stipulate penalties for Axl if he does any of that stuff, so I don't think he will.

Been curious about this as well, if Axl accepted certain conditions from Slash.  Listen, Axl has been pretty good with getting on stage on time so I don't see why there would be a problem.  I'm sure Slash also looked at his more recent track history and was satisfied. 

All well and good, but I'd still want it in writing, if I am them.

If Axl truly feels he will not have a problem meeting those requirements, signing his name on the dotted line should not be an undue hardship. 

And I think it best for the piece of mind of all involved.

I don't know.  Maybe they talked about it, but I don't see Slash having it put in writing.  I know he's not wrong in his feelings, but it still seems kind of insulting giving Axl a claus to sign regarding his tardiness. I have a feeling once Axl & Slash were on speaking terms, it was just one of those things where Slash said "fuck it" and signed on regardless of his concerns.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »

I got to believe they didn't go through all this just to do one festival.  Maybe they're waiting (contractually or otherwise) for a sufficient amount of time after the Coachella announcement to give the details on the rest of the tour, so that Coachella can bask in the light for a bit as the exclusive venue of Guns n Roses. 

2016 is shaping up to be a good year.  My New Year's resolution is to hit multiple shows!  beer
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2016, 02:01:31 PM »

I hope there is a tour, maybe this time in Hell & Heaven Metal Fest 2016 (july) on Mexico City, why not ?  love

Rammstein on Hell Stage and still no headliner for Heaven Stage  Grin

peace
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2016, 02:17:10 PM »

I hope there is a tour, maybe this time in Hell & Heaven Metal Fest 2016 (july) on Mexico City, why not ?  love

Rammstein on Hell Stage and still no headliner for Heaven Stage  Grin

peace

They aren't a metal band, but if that gets them to Mexico so you and other fans of that country can see them, why not.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 02:27:06 PM »

Well in South europe we have promoter for (Serbia,Croatia,Slovenia,Makedonia,Hungary,Greeece) and yasterday thay put Guns n Roses tour on list....Here is the link https://m.facebook.com/svikoncerti.eu/

I'm sute they will touring...They didn't wait 23 yeaes for two shows...And I'm apsolutelly sure they can fill stadiums in USA

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 03:05:52 PM »

I honestly think its only going to be a small tour of about 20 25 shows and that will be it...why do people saw Axl can never go back to the other players. Why not...Slash has time booked in the studio later this year so his conspirator bandmate said, yes plans can change but keep an open mind people and be Happy your seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage again beer   Something I thought id never see again  peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 03:28:39 PM »

But its not just the band that would want to wait and see.  So might promoters with a few questions about the elephant in the room, Axl's behavior.

Let's make you prospective promoter for a summer tour.  A big ticket, high profile summer tour.  The first night of Coachella, people start tweeting out that a half hour before they are scheduled to go on, Axl is not even at the venue yet because he insisted on being choppered in or some shit.

That wouldn't make you a bit wary?  

Nope.  Or, rather, not until up to that very point.

In other words, I'd sign the contracts, dot the i's and cross the t's on the tour, as a promoter, long before Coachella.

Because for at least the past 5 years or so, and maybe even longer than that....Axl's been pretty dependable.  And unlike "fans", who might not really be paying attention to what's actually happened recently (or don't really care and keep perpetuating the "Axl's late/no shows/is not a good risk" anyway), promoters absolutely will. ESPECIALLY if there's the potential for a pretty big pay day.

Now, if that first performance gets sidetracked somehow...THEN, maybe, you're concerned.  But you're not waiting UNITL then, just to get "more" assurances, IMHO.  Those assurances were made by observing the past 5+ years or so....one more show isn't going to be any more compelling.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:31:57 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 03:34:41 PM »

I honestly think its only going to be a small tour of about 20 25 shows and that will be it...why do people saw Axl can never go back to the other players. Why not

It would be hard.  It would be a huge, huge comedown.

People put up with the randos when it seemed the originals were out of the question.  I'm not sure how you could go back to that once you see that that you can work with the originals.

Can it be done?  I suppose.  But only in the "up close and personal" context.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2016, 03:35:22 PM »

All well and good, but I'd still want it in writing, if I am them.

If Axl truly feels he will not have a problem meeting those requirements, signing his name on the dotted line should not be an undue hardship. 

And I think it best for the piece of mind of all involved.

It would be a nightmare to try to enforce, if it was enforceable at all.  Trust me when I tell you, the venues have a hard enough time trying to enforce curfew fines....it's almost impossible to do.

All Axl would have to do would be to "prove" it wasn't his intention to go on late, and there were some circumstances beyond his control that caused it....or to prove that doing so would have effected his personal health and safety....or to prove that doing so would have caused some sort of significant hardship/financial penalty/legal penalty.

There's so much wiggle room, it would be almost worthless.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2016, 03:38:09 PM »

Topic: Is it still possible for the band to tour this year?

Now why is this suddenly about Axl's so called behavior?
Same as the thread about whether or not the band can tour stadiums. Suddenly every thread about a possible future tour is turned into the same "Axl's reputation/behavior" thread by a certain group of fans. Wonder why?

Next thread that they try to ruin it, I'll just simply delete their posts. I'm not interested in having the same discssion with the same person over and over again just because he finds it so interesting.
Move on, or get out.

Don't say you weren't warned. Yes, your positivity is astounding.
It's obvious you're very excited about this regrouping. Not!*

* Spoken as Borat.

So I hope you're done with that particular discussion.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2016, 03:47:44 PM »

I don't even get the point of the original subject. It's bloody January! Of course it's still possible.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2016, 03:55:27 PM »

It would be a nightmare to try to enforce, if it was enforceable at all.  Trust me when I tell you, the venues have a hard enough time trying to enforce curfew fines....it's almost impossible to do.

I would think it more for the other guys.

They all said they wound up costing themselves money with fines and crew OT and whatnot on the UYI tour.

If I were them, I would want some sort of understanding that if those things are incurred because of his nonsense, he pays.

Of course, knowing him, he might just say fine, no problem.  I remember when Derrick Coleman was on the Nets and they talked of enforcing a dress code, punishable by fine if not followed.  He gave the front office a blank check and told them to just fill it in at season's end.  I don't even know if that story is true, but its awesome.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2016, 03:56:11 PM »

I don't even get the point of the original subject. It's bloody January! Of course it's still possible.

Well, they sell tickets a few months ahead of time, usually.

I think this becomes more of a thing if we still don't have word by spring.  At least rumors, anyway.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2016, 03:57:28 PM »

Topic: Is it still possible for the band to tour this year?

Now why is this suddenly about Axl's so called behavior?
Same as the thread about whether or not the band can tour stadiums. Suddenly every thread about a possible future tour is turned into the same "Axl's reputation/behavior" thread by a certain group of fans. Wonder why?

Next thread that they try to ruin it, I'll just simply delete their posts. I'm not interested in having the same discssion with the same person over and over again just because he finds it so interesting.
Move on, or get out.

Don't say you weren't warned. Yes, your positivity is astounding.
It's obvious you're very excited about this regrouping. Not!*

* Spoken as Borat.

So I hope you're done with that particular discussion.  ok

Do whatever you want.  Its your show.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 04:02:30 PM »

Yes, sometimes 6-12 months in advance from some tours.

But a tour can also be announced and with short notice be on sale. Meaning, there might not always be a lot of advance warning.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 04:04:50 PM »

Yes, sometimes 6-12 months in advance from some tours.

But a tour can also be announced and with short notice be on sale. Meaning, there might not always be a lot of advance warning.

The more advance you can get away with, the better, because you can make money on the money.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2016, 05:57:18 PM »

There seems to be quite a lot of rumblings in the European festival market- which is a big business. But I guess that would mean a US tour in the summer would not be likely.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2016, 06:04:40 PM »

The tweets etc have all been along the lines of "2016 is gonna be a great year".

I wouldn't read too much into that part. Everyone says that. Every year. "2014's gonna be great", "2015 will be the best year ever" and so on. From musicians, to athletes to your facebook freinds. A year can be great in many ways and everything in these guys lives doesnt revolve around GNR.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: