Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy's Legacy
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy's Legacy  (Read 33173 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #180 on: February 04, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »

And then I posted a clip of WTTJ from 6/6/14 to prove my point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKsJ75dQiJ4

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #181 on: February 04, 2016, 06:30:49 PM »

If CD II is done... then why isn't it out? I don't get it.

I don't want Duff and Slash reworking that stuff. I would love to hear it but that would mess with the components of the band. Put it out as a double album maybe? That might confuse the fuck out of people though.

Just release the damn album man. What is the big deal? I hate it so much.

After that album is out let the guys tour behind it for a bit, then record something new. If this reunion this is "for real" and not just a big ass tour... I want CD II and NEW MUSIC/Box set unreleased stuff from Gn'R in the next 2-3 years.

Axl owns the name...

and we all know how and why... so its up to him right? Roll Eyes

Firstly.... if the record is finished, and axl does release it... whos going to tour behind it? Surely not Duff and Slash (unless it is reworked and they are on it) so i dont see it being released and toured. Because the other guys on it are long gone anyway.. so only 1 of 2 things can happen if he releases it... Axl releases it as it was... and theres no touring of it. Its just released... or Slash and duff end up on it.. they release it and a few songs off it creep into the set-list of the current tour... which i dont think will happen either.

What is more likely to happen is it sits in the vault and thats where it stays.. consigned to history as if it never happened, we get this tour... and maybe a few NEW songs from scratch.. if we get anything at all.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #182 on: February 04, 2016, 06:33:19 PM »

Yeah. Based off of Gn'R's history of disappointment in the last few years... we'll probably get a world tour, and maybe 1-2 new songs or something to test the market.

Even if the songs do well we probably won't get anything else. Maybe a best of down the road?

New music? As much as I hope and as much as I'd buy it up so fast... I just think that is wishful thinking. I hope I'm wrong so badly.

Just basing the whole 1 album in 15+ years.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2016, 06:37:09 PM »

Yeah. Based off of Gn'R's history of disappointment in the last few years... we'll probably get a world tour, and maybe 1-2 new songs or something to test the market.

Even if the songs do well we probably won't get anything else. Maybe a best of down the road?

New music? As much as I hope and as much as I'd buy it up so fast... I just think that is wishful thinking. I hope I'm wrong so badly.

Just basing the whole 1 album in 15+ years.

I dont see the attraction of CD 2 personally.

I didnt like CD at all.. and if CD2 is more of the same i couldnt  care less for it. As for a remix album... i have even less interest in that if thats even possible.

I would just prefer to see the current line up (whatever that is might i ad) do something new if they have it in them. Failing that, if we dont get new music i can live with it, getting slash and Axl on stage again was a minor miracle anyway so im happy to watch this tour unfold. I am not as desperate for new music as i was once was... but if these guys can churn out one last album with some of Izzy's help, i think they may just have one last decent album in them.  Wink

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2016, 06:39:40 PM »

i doubt the guys gonna altogether scrap music he spent so long and so much effort working on. i think it means a lot to him.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2016, 06:43:27 PM »

i doubt the guys gonna altogether scrap music he spent so long and so much effort working on. i think it means a lot to him.

And thats a popular line of thought.

But the facts on where this album is at are non-existant. Yes Axl said that it was done... well where is it? And unless hes hellbent on releasing it.. (and there is no evidence to suggest he is) then it makes zero sense to release it with a tonne of mish-mashed players who are long gone. And it also makes no sense to release it now that the reunion is on and everyones focus is on that.. .UNLESS of course Duff and Slash are on it. Which there is no evidence to suggest either. Slash just finished his own world tour, when would he have had time to re-record his parts? By and large the rumours are they are rehearsing for this tour now and theyll be on the road in 8 weeks... i wouldnt hold your breath for CD2 anytime soon mate.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2016, 06:45:32 PM »

I'm sorry. This performance of Jungle is good, not great. I mean its not bad at all. It is the norm I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLEHLoc-G_M

this is what I want. This is as good as anything he's ever done vocally. It's fucking awesome.

This is like almost 10 years ago... so I doubt we can revisist this right? Who knows.

But don't damn me
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2016, 07:05:43 PM »

I'm sorry. This performance of Jungle is good, not great. I mean its not bad at all. It is the norm I guess.

this is what I want. This is as good as anything he's ever done vocally. It's fucking awesome.

This is like almost 10 years ago... so I doubt we can revisist this right? Who knows.

Im so glad I went to see them in 2006.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2016, 07:07:21 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq5x4tnVN0g my favorite era Embarrassed
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:11:15 PM by norway » Logged

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »

The issue I have with that Era, is that Axl's voice was kind of odd and Fink was technically sloppy. Both Axl and Fink where much better in 2006, though no BH.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2016, 08:41:19 PM »

For the people that grew up with this incarnation of the band I get that you had such a short window with Bucket and Robin together and that is a special time... but for my money 2002 is probably next to 11-12 the worst touring period of the band. Portions of the band were very tight, but Axl sounded awful most shows and Robin was dreadful... sloppy and out of tune isn't a style. He was much much better in 2006 and 2007, those Euro shows and the US tour was tough for him. I won't even get into 'the look' because it isn't a popular talk track, but hopefully we never see the football jersey's and baggy running pants again...
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2016, 09:59:18 PM »

Yeah Finck did look stupid for a lot of it.

Axl's voice was very much hit and miss too during times.

2006 really was the best year vocally I think. I will never forget watching the 2002 VMAs. And remember how overwhelmed and out of breathe he seemed.

But don't damn me
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2016, 11:49:55 PM »

And thats a popular line of thought.

But the facts on where this album is at are non-existant. Yes Axl said that it was done... well where is it? And unless hes hellbent on releasing it.. (and there is no evidence to suggest he is) then it makes zero sense to release it with a tonne of mish-mashed players who are long gone. And it also makes no sense to release it now that the reunion is on and everyones focus is on that.. .UNLESS of course Duff and Slash are on it. Which there is no evidence to suggest either. Slash just finished his own world tour, when would he have had time to re-record his parts? By and large the rumours are they are rehearsing for this tour now and theyll be on the road in 8 weeks... i wouldnt hold your breath for CD2 anytime soon mate.

oh im not holding my breath. wouldnt be fair to me or to axl to do that.

i think the scrapping cd2+releasing entirely new music scenario is more far fetched than eventually seeing some form or another of cd2. i think, admittedly nothing more than think, that there is something in this reunion for axl, and its not just cash/fan service. i think that "something" is related to cd2.

you could say it was this or nothing, but i see him as the type that wouldnt be forced. i see him choosing the nothing option instead. the reason he didn't, in my opinion, is because he got something he really wanted out of the deal.

hes already rich, will probably rake in royalties for years to come even if he quit now, so its likely not the money.

pleasing the fans? i dont think he lets our wishes dictate his actions. dont think he has much of a need to feel validated by the masses or the media.

just happy to play with his old buds again? maybe.

hell i dont know. as is always the case with gnr, never say never and only time will tell.

cd will never come out! ... cd comes out.

band will never reunite!... band reunites.

cd2 will never be released!... ?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:52:39 PM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »

The issue I have with that Era, is that Axl's voice was kind of odd and Fink was technically sloppy. Both Axl and Fink where much better in 2006, though no BH.

imagine if buckethead was in at 2006, BBF was rly good but...can't beat that claustrophobic gig in 2010 at that club tho hihi

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2016, 03:49:28 PM »

No-  he was more consistent in 2014 than in 1991.

I'm glad that's your opinion and not fact.

I agree with Emily, to a point.  Because she's so nice to me.

But seriously, if you call up those bootlegs from the summer of 1991, he sounds a little rough.  Certainly by the end of the US leg.

However, even at his worst in 1991 (whenever you deem that be) its nothing like early 2014.  

I actually think the low point of '91 was Indiana. He's ragged at that show, his voice is shot.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #195 on: February 05, 2016, 03:55:24 PM »

Well, I'd like Taylor Swift and her BFF Karlie Kloss to mud wrestle for the opportunity to fuck me. 

I mean...if we're just wishing for stuff.

The point of posting WTTJ from the 6/6/14 is not that it shows Axl at his absolute best.  But it shows him at his most recent, and not sounding all that bad.  Certainly not sounding anything like the Bridge School thing.  Or any number of 2012 concerts, where its just a horror show, vocally.

Its trying to convince people to buy a ticket to see him in 2016.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2016, 03:57:06 PM »

I actually think the low point of '91 was Indiana. He's ragged at that show, his voice is shot.

Do you have a copy of the marathon show from 8.3.91 in Inglewood?  THAT is a shot voice.

Oddly, by the time he's in Europe just 2 weeks later, he sounds better.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2016, 05:58:49 PM »

You can't say his vocals in 1991 were not better than his vocals in 2014.

That's just fucking nuts.

He sounded better in 1991 than 2014.

No way in hell that is even a debate.

I don't know man.  I watched the 1991 show in Indiana the other day.....and he sounded so bad on multiple songs.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2016, 06:01:54 PM »

I don't know man.  I watched the 1991 show in Indiana the other day.....and he sounded so bad on multiple songs.

It's a bit scratchy during that summer U.S. leg.  No question.

Still some great shows in that leg though.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2016, 07:25:25 PM »

This will sound odd to many, but the fact he sounds rough sometimes really doesn't bother me, I've watched the Indianna show multiple times and yeah in spots it's off but it's never overly bothered me because guns were sloppy at times back then and that was just part of it for me. I still like all the old shows and to be honest I'm not that not picky

That's just me though

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: